• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, get fucked Eles. God damn that's been a long time coming.

haha. just so u know wallach, ranger pet ai got buffed. They won't pull aggro of anything that isn't aggroed to u and now they'll try to attack the enemy from behind

Edit: Also a state of the server meeting for sbi is happening tmw at 2pm pst if anybody is interested.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn fine job taking CD Bay for a couple ticks tonight, GAF. That was fun as hell amd short-lived as it was it was beautiful seeing SBI on top with a 300+ tick.

Pretty impressed with Planetside 2 as well. Overwhelming as all hell (do they REALLY think those walls of text are adequate teaching tools?) but fun enough if you've got someone to follow and the core gameplay is pitch-perfect. More than anything they engine just blew me away, I can't wait to see EQ Next and the other games to follow that capitalize on it.

Wallach

haha. just so u know wallach, ranger pet ai got buffed. They won't pull aggro of anything that isn't aggroed to u and now they'll try to attack the enemy from behind

Edit: Also a state of the server meeting for sbi is happening tmw at 2pm pst if anybody is interested.

I'll need to read up on that. Their biggest problems though are hitting moving targets, F2 skill functionality being real buttcrap, and PvE survivability issues. I've never really been that sore on their AI, just how they generally suck when they're doing what they're supposed to be doing.

Luigi87

Playing on Tarnished Coast, for a few hours they finally took all of EB.
That delightful moment that you've been waiting for when you finally get WvW map completion x_x
...And then I rushed to do it on a second character too.

lol51

Watched the State of the Game: I am really glad they removed blocking of Cata/Treb shots. Guardians and Elementalists will not be able to block projectiles from siege stuff.

Ashodin

Watched the State of the Game: I am really glad they removed blocking of Cata/Treb shots. Guardians and Elementalists will not be able to block projectiles from siege stuff.

What? That should have been in from the start. I never knew that. Yeah, it definitely should not be blockable. That's just too good imo.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What? That should have been in from the start. I never knew that. Yeah, it definitely should not be blockable. That's just too good imo.
Haha, we took crazy advantage of that in the Bay assault yesterday, protecting our cata. But then again, they were doing it to protect theirs and it'd have been way easier to get theirs down too. It'll make placement much more strategic for sure.

For those interested in the Bounty Hunter app: Click (Verified Virus free)

Note that this is not a mod, it doesn't interact with the client in any way at all (it's limited as you would expect as a result, you have to do everything manually). You need to be in Windowed/Fullscreen Windowed mode to use it as well.

Basically it's like the tracker website + Dulfy's guides as an overlay on top of your GW2 window.

Ashodin

Haha, we took crazy advantage of that in the Bay assault yesterday, protecting our cata. But then again, they were doing it to protect theirs and it'd have been way easier to get theirs down too. It'll make placement much more strategic for sure.

For those interested in the Bounty Hunter app: Click (Verified Virus free)

Note that this is not a mod, it doesn't interact with the client in any way at all (it's limited as you would expect as a result, you have to do everything manually). You need to be in Windowed/Fullscreen Windowed mode to use it as well.

Basically it's like the tracker website + Dulfy's guides as an overlay on top of your GW2 window.

omg its amazingggggggg

Jira

I just browsed the Darkfall forums and holy shit, how can a game even exist with that kind of a "community". I didn't think that sheer amount of general hatred and a complete lack of understanding for everything can be possible in a big MMO title.

Found this link of a discussion over a recent event where one user harrassed another user for the sole purpose of harrassment and got himself banned, and did just go from there.

It's insane, really. Totally put me off of even trying that game. *hugs both the LotRO and GW2 communities*

Rather amusing if you consider the fact that Darkfall already bombed once and they had to redo the game. Then you consider no one outside of a VERY small niche is even going to touch it again and you tack on a sub fee (the devs actually said they think F2P/B2P is a fad) no one is going to be playing that game after a month.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
B2P is a fad
I know they're talking about MMOs and probably even more specifically than that... but man it's hilarious to just interpret that as though they meant it literally.

when will nintendo come around and go back to charging a subscription for new Marios???
edit:
Darkfall departs from the conventional MMORPG paradigm of character levels as the main form of character progression, favouring instead a broad skill-based system,[4] similar to that found in games such as Ultima Online, Eve Online, Wurm Online and Asheron's Call.
pity that sounds quite cool actually.

Game was not well-received though.

Cels

Did Guild Puzzle today (Proxemics lab). Only awards 1 commendation, kind of lame since it's the last one you unlock. Expected 2 at least.

Need 6 people to do it, but far better to have more than that.

Did Guild Puzzle today (Proxemics lab). Only awards 1 commendation, kind of lame since it's the last one you unlock. Expected 2 at least.

Need 6 people to do it, but far better to have more than that.

So it's just a Jumping Puzzle that multiple people in the guild have to finish?

Retro

jumppp56or0.png
Guild Challenge Complete, didn't lose a single barrel.

Giard

The upcoming confusion nerf in WvW makes me sad.

My build is pretty much useless now... I loved playing condition Mesmer, even if it was weaker than shatter or other builds. Bah.

If they nerf confusion that much, they should at least improve the Mesmer's ability to stack bleeds or add poison/burning to enemies. For example, make Illusionary Elasticity work on clones, remove vulnerability from Staff 1, something like that.

so i was checking the forum about komali stuff and this is all i got for an alternative strat in trying to boon strip him.

Yes, but my method used steal (without mug) and the Bountiful theft trait, as well as the consumable wooden plank:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wooden_Plank
Which was, IIRC, under 2s per plank.
This allows a single thief (with the proper timing) to rip stability and might and launch Komali all at once, solving the fight for any number of attackers. It’s tricky to time, but no moreso than chaining any other attack with steal. The down side is if you get it wrong you’ve got to wait for steal to recharge. Any thief build with at least 20 in trickery can pull this off.

Katoki

Can I/someone clear out the people on our "invited" list that don't log in. I've already sent mail to the three accounts that have character info/achievement points showing -- a reminder that they're still invited to the guild and that the UI doesn't reflect this.

Looking for an okay to proceed with clearing the invite list out.

I just switched up my spec like 3 weeks ago from one that was completely capable of that boon ripping technique to one that completely isn't anymore. /sigh I guess I can switch it once per week specifically for Bounties. I think it's free to respec in WvW so if that's the case then it shouldn't be a problem.

Though I may just level a second Thief specifically to have access to more than one build at a time. Just use the second one as a mule for account bound stuff.

Edit: Also I just spotted Retro in the Beer thread! I'm totally going to harass you now in Mumble with quality beer suggestions!

Retro

Looking for an okay to proceed with clearing the invite list out.

I think a lot of those are people who sent invites to their friends who never played, or people who asked for invites back but never bothered. Either way, if they want to be in GAFGuild, they'll ask for an invite back. Fire away. We're creeping up on 500 members again, if there isn't a "Last Played" option in this next update we're just gonna have to boot based on Played / Member status.

Also I just spotted Retro in the Beer thread! I'm totally going to harass you now in Mumble with quality beer suggestions!

Lay em on me, I finally found a store with a decent selection here. I've got Dogfish Head in my backyard (almost literally, they're about an hour to the south), I think I'm doing pretty good. GAF recommended Belgian Whites in an older thread, so I grabbed a 4 pack of Allagash. Had a bottle last night, pretty good. I think I went and got myself hooked on the almost coffee-level bitterness of Dogfish Indian Brown Ale. Still, I like sampling different kinds, so recommend away.

Katoki

I just switched up my spec like 3 weeks ago from one that was completely capable of that boon ripping technique to one that completely isn't anymore. /sigh I guess I can switch it once per week specifically for Bounties. I think it's free to respec in WvW so if that's the case then it shouldn't be a problem.

WvW takes your PvE trait build. Only SPvP gives you separate traits.

Katoki

Cleared the list of invited people with unknown statuses. It looks a lot less unsightly for anyone that goes into that part of the guild screen now.

Doesn't change the fact that I still experience a slow down whenever I accidentally hit the guild key while running around doing something.

Retro

Lol I was in a rush so I worded that wrong. I meant I was going to bug you for YOUR suggestions!

Psh, I'm hardly a decent source. I grew up with people who just buy whatever's cheapest, usually crap like Miller, Coors, etc., which is why I've always (and still do) prefer liquor to beer. But I do want to find a brand, or at least a type of beer that I prefer, so I'm trying a little of everything to zero in on my niche.

So far, the only thing I've determined is that American Brand name beers are off the table and the only way to do this properly is to dive into craft beers and Imports. Somebody on GAF recommended Bavarian or German white beer, so that's what I grabbed last time I was out. So far, it's good, but I think I prefer something a little hoppier.

.... we should probably take this to the beer thread or PMs.
JUWnj.gif

Cleared the list of invited people with unknown statuses. It looks a lot less unsightly for anyone that goes into that part of the guild screen now.

Doesn't change the fact that I still experience a slow down whenever I accidentally hit the guild key while running around doing something.

GAF is so big we cause slowdown just by existing.

Semi-related: I don't think there are official records, but based on what I've seen I think ours is easily the largest and longest-lasting MMO Guild on GAF. They've never really managed to get a WoW one off the ground, I remember them trying to organize on Area 52 but so many people were reluctant to leave their established guilds and pay $25 to relocate their mains to a new server... funny.

Completely Unrelated:
ECCENTRIC BELL MAN TERRORIZES LOCAL BLACKSMITHS
dingdingdingdingAUGHdingdingdingdingAUGHdingdingdingAUGHdingdingding

Katoki

i havent had lag in the guild screen for a while now. i thought that was fixed? or do you have a 386 pc?

Who knows. I just tried running through Lion's Arch with the screen up and my FPS dropped to the 24-30 range. It's normally somewhere between 55 and 63 now with SweetFX running.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
so i was checking the forum about komali stuff and this is all i got for an alternative strat in trying to boon strip him.
I did it before once with steal + dodge, scorpion wire, but it is definitely tricky. If nobody attacks it is possible but I think that sometimes it really doesn't function as intended. Worth trying with the plank I suppose.
I think a lot of those are people who sent invites to their friends who never played, or people who asked for invites back but never bothered. Either way, if they want to be in GAFGuild, they'll ask for an invite back. Fire away. We're creeping up on 500 members again, if there isn't a "Last Played" option in this next update we're just gonna have to boot based on Played / Member status.
There is another way now using the achievements boards. Katoki can just go ahead and clear out the invites that are bugging him though.

edit: Thanks for doing so

My Guild is doing something stupid, they created an Alliance with other guilds, and all guilds in this alliance must help other guilds do guild missions, what took an hour now takes 3 1/2 , I help the guild do missions after I already have my coms for the week yet I was called selfish for voicing my opinion, I was only in it for myself, last night after we help one of the guilds to missions, 80% of their members bail, but I am a selfish member lol, the leader and the general take their roles very serious, they act like President and Vice Pres of the United States, it's game man it ain't that serious sheeeesh...

jacket320

I never post in this thread but read it almost daily. A lot of neogaf guilds come and go but this one has really thrived and you guys seem like you're building a good community within the game. Anyway, I crafted Infinite Light last night and figured I would drop a couple of pictures here. For full album, click here.

Good luck to you guys as you move forward in your guild activities! :)

hythloday

My Guild is doing something stupid, they created an Alliance with other guilds, and all guilds in this alliance must help other guilds do guild missions, what took an hour now takes 3 1/2 , I help the guild do missions after I already have my coms for the week yet I was called selfish for voicing my opinion, I was only in it for myself, last night after we help one of the guilds to missions, 80% of their members bail, but I am a selfish member lol, the leader and the general take their roles very serious, they act like President and Vice Pres of the United States, it's game man it ain't that serious sheeeesh...

I get the whole "everyone helps everyone else out" aspect of that. Sucks that others bail after their shit gets done. I personally would hate the time investment required though, just going through the motions like that. Video games aren't supposed to be serious business.

Retro

There is another way now using the achievements boards. Katoki can just go ahead and clear out the invites that are bugging him though.

We looked at this when they first came out and it wasn't reliable, though. There still isn't a fool-proof way to do it other than to cull the people we know haven't played in a while.

We're still 55 members away from the cap, but with an update right around the corner, we'll probably see our membership jump as usual.

You need a new guild. Might I suggest one of the GAF Persuasion?

Seriously though, Guild Alliances never work because inevitably the guilds try to remain autonomous and exploit / use the other members as much as possible. Everyone is still looking out for themselves but pretending they're helping each other. Inevitably they break down, usually with one guild absorbing people from another and usually one going belly up. It was worse back in single-guild MMOs when an alliance usually meant you were going to get your active members poached.

I never post in this thread but read it almost daily. A lot of neogaf guilds come and go but this one has really thrived and you guys seem like you're building a good community within the game. Anyway, I crafted Infinite Light last night and figured I would drop a couple of pictures here.

Easily the best-looking non-Legendary. Gratz. Did you want an invite to GAFGuild just for shits and gigs? You can still guest over unless you're in the EU.

Infinite Light not only looks great, but it's such a status symbol because it's easily as expensive to make as any Legendary out there that isn't the two legendary GS.

Edit: Also, the renamed S/D skill is called Larcenous Strike.

jacket320

Thanks everyone! I got my lodestones primarily from converting cores from CoE, farming sparks (only a hand full in the grand total, really) or just buying them off the TP. I did some CoF farming but not as much as you might think. I think keeping the streams of income as diverse as possible kind of helped me stave off burn out.

Easily the best-looking non-Legendary. Gratz. Did you want an invite to GAFGuild just for shits and gigs? You can still guest over unless you're in the EU.

Thanks for the offer! I'm kind of wrapped up in RL stuff and probably wouldn't be very active right now but would be interested in the future. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I never post in this thread but read it almost daily. A lot of neogaf guilds come and go but this one has really thrived and you guys seem like you're building a good community within the game. Anyway, I crafted Infinite Light last night and figured I would drop a couple of pictures here. For full album, click here.

Good luck to you guys as you move forward in your guild activities! :)
So awesome! Grats, and thank you!
So jelly of that Infinite Light. How the fuck did you get 250 charged cores?
Lodestones D:

One day...
Edit: Also, the renamed S/D skill is called Larcenous Strike.
Clever. If they revisit the actual action/animation for it I'll give S/D another chance.

edit: Hm, Larcenous Strike+Steal + someone else doing a knockback = easier time with Komali?

Clever. If they revisit the actual action/animation for it I'll give S/D another chance.

edit: Hm, Larcenous Strike+Steal + someone else doing a knockback = easier time with Komali?

They are addressing the animation both to make it more consistent and to fit with the new use of the skill.

Arksy

Hey guys, I'm currently overloaded with work and barely get a moment to myself.

Could someone summarise the patch in a cliffnotes version that's easy for me to digest...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom