• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So this Saturday stuff now starts at 9 EST instead right? Confirming because I'm trying to plan around getting at least some of the commendations since at work during the make-ups due to my time zone anyway.

Yeah, for a guild moderator I'm not very good at these things because of having to keep time zones in mind. Also trying to make sure I'm looking at that bar thing correctly.
Correct. Will post a clearer version again shortly.
17 person guild challenge completed!
Exquisite work, guys!

A huge thank you to all who attended. Great job not falling apart or changing up the rate timing too much when the first group had to respawn.

Awesome to know that Branded for Termination can be done with 15 peeps!

And we were closer than ever with those damn barrels in a skeleton-crew mission. Thanks to team CC for keeping us in the game until the last 2:30. That one Vet was a monster...
http://v2.gw2stuff.com/events/us

Easy way to now track the status of every big event on every server at a glance.

Cyan = pre-event
Yellow = Boss up
Wow, it's like a menu... "which event do I feel like right now?"

Proven

What I expected, but the deviation is much larger. I thought they'd be conservative and only mix within a tier difference of one, but they're mixing within a tier difference of two, so a tier 1 server and a tier 3 server can face off, as they used in the Jade Quarry vs. Kaineg example.

Well, I'm still on Kaineg, and I still dislike Jade Quarry, so next week will be interesting for me.

New info on future API developments:

Couple highlights:

We’re working on implementing OAuth2, a safe authentication system that will allow websites and applications to talk to our API on behalf of players without giving those apps your game password.

OAuth2 support will enable many more personalized APIs to be created. Guild, Chat, Character, and other APIs are all possible. We don’t currently have a planned release date for OAuth2, but we’re actively working on implementing it.

Full post here: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/community/api/API-Development-Plans

Jira

I wanted to give you an overview of our future development for the APIs. I hope that this information helps guide our conversations about potential new APIs. The currently released APIs are just the first step towards a much broader spectrum of API support.

We intentionally don’t have a roadmap for exactly which APIs we will create. Our plan is to use feedback and input from the community to help us choose which specific APIs to make. That said, we do have a longer term schedule that consists of technologies that will make more types of APIs possible.

We’re working on implementing OAuth2, a safe authentication system that will allow websites and applications to talk to our API on behalf of players without giving those apps your game password. For developers, this will involve signing up for an API key, getting a quota of API calls, etc. For users, there will be a new login flow where they authorize apps to take certain actions on their behalf.

OAuth2 support will enable many more personalized APIs to be created. Guild, Chat, Character, and other APIs are all possible. We don’t currently have a planned release date for OAuth2, but we’re actively working on implementing it.

So, when we’re talking about new APIs, keep this division in mind. If we talk about APIs that require authentication, those will need to wait until OAuth2 is ready. We can still talk about them, just keep the requirements for them in mind.

On the other hand, there are plenty of other unauthenticated APIs we can create now, and we should definitely talk about those!

Our immediate focus is on supporting the APIs that we just released — that means monitoring the servers, helping developers integrate with our API, improving our documentation, and fixing blocking bugs as quickly as possible.

At the same time, we’re listening to your suggestions and feedback, and we’re already at work on new APIs. I’m not ready to talk about them just yet, but we’re already working on some of the things you’ve been asking for.

—

PS. A suggestion about making suggestions — let’s try this. For each type of API (Guild, Items, etc.), let’s have one thread. Having multiple APIs discussed in one thread is pretty confusing on our forum, and will lead to very long threads that no-one will want to read. And conversely, if we have threads for each idea for an API, it would be too difficult to keep track of all of them. Maybe this will be a good middle ground.

jersoc

i'm glad they are going to be able to switch up wvw matches more.

semi late, but was busy all day: glad to see the ability to store more than 250 stuff. i know a few weeks ago a few of us were joking about buying that. well i guess now we can depending on price and how it functions. if it's only one item, no sale. 10 bucks for everything. yeah, probably then.

Katoki

So I got a claim ticket from one of the crates that dropped and have no real interest in the skins. I really don't care for the eye.. or the dripping liquid.

Ebris

Same here. I'd do unspeakable things for a staff. UNSPEAKABLE.

Edit: Damn it, the wiki is saying the tickets and the weapons are both account bound. Please tell me it ain't sooooo-

Jira

Ha, I love Jon Peters. So some random guy posted in a thread on the official forms about the upcoming WvW matchup changes. The random person said:

I have a couple of serious questions.
1. Did the person that came up with the math for this graduate from high school.
2. To prove it, please upload a copy of your high school diploma.

Jon Peters replied with:

How about just a copy of their resume. I don’t see his high school experience on there. Hopefully the other stuff can count as relevant experience for your assessment.

http://www.glicko.net/cv.html

Guy got burned pretty damn hard.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Guh-bleh. Still out a PC. The new cooler I got which is made for my socket can't fit onto my mobo because there's a dumbass Foxconn backplate already welded onto the back of the board. I'd never seen it before cause this was the first job big enough for me to have to take out the motherboard. Now to return this cooler and find something compatible...

So what would be the better Citadel of Flame armor? Not going to use the hands or feet, it's between Berserker's or Rampager's. I use Sword/Axe and either Rifle or Bow.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Citadel_of_Flame_armor
Since you use a decent amount of condition damage and the Arms line on warrior has several effect on crit traits available, I'd say rampagers. Berserker's is nice because of main statting power, but crit damage is not that useful, especially if you invest in discipline. You'd also miss out on your bleed stacks.

Since you use a decent amount of condition damage and the Arms line on warrior has several effect on crit traits available, I'd say rampagers. Berserker's is nice because of main statting power, but crit damage is not that useful, especially if you invest in discipline. You'd also miss out on your bleed stacks.
Thanks, that's what I was leading towards.

Also, my main is a level 80 warrior who joined the Vigil Order but I want a way to get the heavy Durmand Priory armor, is there a way to do that? I was thinking I could just get my elementalist to level 40 and buy the armor, then put it in the bank, and have my warrior pick it up. Is that possible? Also, I only want it for the aesthetics, not the stats so I was planning on transmuting it with CoF stuff.

Katoki

Thanks, that's what I was leading towards.

Also, my main is a level 80 warrior who joined the Vigil Order but I want a way to get the heavy Durmand Priory armor, is there a way to do that? I was thinking I could just get my elementalist to level 40 and buy the armor, then put it in the bank, and have my warrior pick it up. Is that possible? Also, I only want it for the aesthetics, not the stats so I was planning on transmuting it with CoF stuff.

It works something like that. You buy the order armor then use fine transmutation stones to put the skin on white or blue rarity items which you then can put into the bank. After that you use another set of fine transmutation stones to put the skin on the armor with the stats you want.

Retro

It works something like that. You buy the order armor then use fine transmutation stones to put the skin on white or blue rarity items which you then can put into the bank. After that you use another set of fine transmutation stones to put the skin on the armor with the stats you want.

I don't think you'd use Fine Transmutation stones, I don't think the Order armors are level 80, are they? Been a while since I've been out their way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's a real shame that you need to use Fine Stones even when the item whose stats you want isn't 80.

edit: Also they're called Transmutation Crystals now :p

Retro

It's a real shame that you need to use Fine Stones even when the item whose stats you want isn't 80.

edit: Also they're called Transmutation Crystals now :p

Less correct-y, more PC Fix-y. We need your strong leadership now that Ashodin is at the bottom of a pit in his girlfriend's basement, slathering on some lotion so he's easier to make a suit out of... I mean Wisconsin... actually, I'm not sure which is worse.

xeris

Less correct-y, more PC Fix-y. We need your strong leadership now that Ashodin is at the bottom of a pit in his girlfriend's basement, slathering on some lotion so he's easier to make a suit out of... I mean Wisconsin... actually, I'm not sure which is worse.

Actually, Ed Gein was from Wisconsin. So, yeah ....

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So after the first week, I am just sliiightly tweaking the schedule based on feedback and to reflect player behavior.

I also put up a couple Google web calendars in different time zones in simple list form to make it a little easier to keep track of.

Agenda in different time zones:
Eastern Time
Pacific Time
Central Time
GMT+1 (Madrid) Time
Hawaii Time

Since we actually went out before reset on Monday for WvW and did the same on Tuesday, I'll make that the official time. Seems like it works better for Kvothe in general. It also makes right around reset the uniform daily WvW time regardless of the night.

I also made Sunday makeups one hour earlier, at ~3pm, to be a little better for our EU friends. It would be great to have a volunteer EU Officer for, if nothing else, the power to start missions in case no one else is on. Really just a Mission Starter rather moreso than an Officer (unless interested in other officer duties too of course).

Sorry to change things again! But I think we'll be stable with this for a while.

I'm also making some guidelines for Guild Challenge attempts:
  • Guild Challenges are meant to start AT the stated schedule time, and will start no later than 30 minutes after that time. The latest we will begin a Guild Challenge on Tuesday nights is 9:30PM EDT.
  • A total of two challenge attempts per makeup session. If we fail the first attempt, we will immediately retry. If we fail the second we will have to call it a night, and attempt again at the next makeup session. I simply cannot personally commit to running missions until after 11:00PM every Tuesday night. :(
  • We will attempt a Challenge as long as there is at least ONE person present that is attempting to get their comms. If no one needs them, we will skip it.
  • If we cannot obtain three full groups of 5 (15 players) by a half hour from the scheduled mark, we will have to cancel the session for the night.
We have to accept that we aren't always going to succeed, but we will get better at doing these challenges with smaller groups over time. And of course, not all the challenges require the same amount of people to complete, so some nights will be luckier than others.

Guild Challenges are unique among the content in Guild Wars 2: a large, highly coordinated group is necessary for success, and group success is necessary for guild members to obtain individual rewards. But we can do it! Mumble helps enormously by the way. Even if you don't have a headset, just to listen for team instructions. Thanks!

Starting tonight's missions in 15 mins!

I do think an EU/Oceanic officer is a must especially since we're recruiting EU members. My other guild has comparable sizes to GAF and they too are running into problems of trying to get everyone of varying timezones to not be left out. The best course of action was to have an officer around the clock. It wasn't an ideal solution, but was the best one given the current circumstances.

Ashodin

I'm in Ohio now actually, blew through IL and IN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom