• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after the first week, I am just sliiightly tweaking the schedule based on feedback and to reflect player behavior.

Something is definitely wrong with at least the Madrid times. It lists all times as being one hour less than EST (as if we were in America), where we're like six hours later (being in Europe and all).

Actually, the links for Central, Pacific and Madrid time all link to Pacific time tables. :)

I would like to make a humble beg, and that is whether it would it be possible to target Saturday 3pm-4pm as well? That's by far the most convenient time for EU that's also viable for US, as 3pm EST corresponds (if I'm not mistaken) to 9pm Madrid/Paris/Berlin, 10pm London, etc. Any day of the week that has guild missions at 3-4pm EST is super convenient for us, but it seems like Saturday and Sunday make the most sense to maximize US attendance as well. As of right now the Sunday 3pm is pretty much the only viable time for EU people out of the entire timetable.

I'm thinking about the merits of appointing EU-specific times (by which I mean times that are unattendable by US members, and I'm not sure it really makes a lot of sense. Seems to me if attendance is already a problem sometimes, limiting it to EU-only members would make it go through the floor. In any case, today's makeups should prove interesting in terms of how many people will turn up for the more EU friendly time.

Katoki

I can only assume that when I'm online at around 10 pm Hawaii time that it's roughly 4 pm for the Europeans? If that's the case, my biggest worry would be attendance since those times have a minimal amount of players online from my experience. The only thing I can see being questionable is the guild puzzle and challenge. Rush doesn't require full completion and we can always repeat to finish for merits. Bounties I'm told give the same commendation reward no matter the tier so tier 1 is fine for that. Do correct me if I'm wrong about the time but I'm basing this off the time I see tachisama online (provided I have his name correct that is) for a general sense of the time on that end.

If it's rush and bounty, I can do that. Of course Welltall can take a badge up as well.

Edit: Unless that is 10 pm = 10 am on that end? Posting from a phone so I'm too lazy to check. Will look it up when I get home.

Virzeth

Actually, the links for Central, Pacific and Madrid time all link to Pacific time tables. :)
Found some, in a couple of tries:

Central US (CST): http://gw2.demigodmode.com/cst.html
Eastern US (EST): http://gw2.demigodmode.com/est.html
Western EU (GMT): http://gw2.demigodmode.com/gmt.html
Central EU (GMT+1): http://gw2.demigodmode.com/gmt1.html

Edit: Unless that is 10 pm = 10 am on that end? Posting from a phone so I'm too lazy to check. Will look it up when I get home.
That is correct, if I'm remembering correctly some guild chatting. Writing this at 12:39 PM, for reference, should be 12:39 AM for you...?

Do correct me if I'm wrong about the time but I'm basing this off the time I see tachisama online (provided I have his name correct that is) for a general sense of the time on that end.
tachiSama/Virzeth, yup, but my online presence should give no indication of what regularly employed, productive EU citizens can achieve.

Katoki

It JUST hit me how closely the heritage light armor resembles Elizabeth's outfit in Bioshock Infinite. I haven't been on my mesmer in the longest time so I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

I can only assume that when I'm online at around 10 pm Hawaii time that it's roughly 4 pm for the Europeans? If that's the case, my biggest worry would be attendance since those times have a minimal amount of players online from my experience. The only thing I can see being questionable is the guild puzzle and challenge. Rush doesn't require full completion and we can always repeat to finish for merits. Bounties I'm told give the same commendation reward no matter the tier so tier 1 is fine for that. Do correct me if I'm wrong about the time but I'm basing this off the time I see tachisama online (provided I have his name correct that is) for a general sense of the time on that end.

If it's rush and bounty, I can do that. Of course Welltall can take a badge up as well.

Actually, I meant to ask for 4pm EST (= 10pm Euro), not 4pm Euro (that'd be 10am EST). Indeed, it doesn't make much sense to promote EU-only times, as I commented too. Basically what I advocated for was to have on Saturday what's already scheduled for Sunday. :)

That said, the range 10am-4pm EST translates to 4pm-10pm for Europe, so anything on that range is viable.

Also, the thought is much appreciated! :)

Found some, in a couple of tries:

Central US (CST): http://gw2.demigodmode.com/cst.html
Eastern US (EST): http://gw2.demigodmode.com/est.html
Western EU (GMT): http://gw2.demigodmode.com/gmt.html
Central EU (GMT+1): http://gw2.demigodmode.com/gmt1.html

Heh, tried gmt+1 and gmt2, which for some odd reason don't work.

Complistic

It JUST hit me how closely the heritage light armor resembles Elizabeth's outfit in Bioshock Infinite. I haven't been on my mesmer in the longest time so I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

You mean how closely Elizabeth's outfit resembles the heritage light armor ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Something is definitely wrong with at least the Madrid times. It lists all times as being one hour less than EST (as if we were in America), where we're like six hours later (being in Europe and all).

Sorry, I just fixed the links that was just copy erroring.

I would like to make a humble beg, and that is whether it would it be possible to target Saturday 3pm-4pm as well?
We can just switch it from Sunday to Saturday?

I can't realistically add anything else to the schedule personally. Of course if you or anyone else is willing to host and start the missions at additional times then we can get that squared away.
Heh, tried gmt+1 and gmt2, which for some odd reason don't work.
Just because I named the link gmt1 and didn't make a gmt2. :p

Those links will stay updated with any time changes so they're good to bookmark.

edit: I moved the time up to 3pm last night (a little over a half hour from now). If this isn't widely known we can still do today's in 1.5 hours at 4pm instead.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Pretty much, yep.

The times on those agendas will stay accurate independent of Daylight Savings Time.. I just had to pick something.

Great work for all the makeups this afternoon, especially the Quaggan mission save!

We can just switch it from Sunday to Saturday?

Actually, forget all I said; after today's run, it's obvious that one day is plenty to do everything, plus we get a lot of people, and Sunday works better as it's more likely that I'll be home. So the new schedule is perfect as far as I'm concerned after all. :)

Just because I named the link gmt1 and didn't make a gmt2. :p

That... makes sense. :D

Very successful night last night and successful makeups today! :)

SOMEDAY I will finish that damn spider rush.

Same here. It was frustrating today because I did reach the end chest with a couple minutes remaining... and I couldn't opened as I had missed one of the flags from the very beginning :p. But it'll make it all the more satisfying when I finally make it. :D
(I love the spider rush all the same, it's so awesome to go zipping around, all Spiderman 2 PS2-like).

jacket320

Oh jeez, I get home early from some family barbeque stuff, and find out that MMORPG.com was doing an invitational tournament for GW2 today. http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/

I'll look up the bracket after this match ends.

Was going to post this and glad to see it already here. If you're around right now the matches between Team Sleepy and Made in Meta have been great and they're going to a round 3 in the next few minutes.

Proven

Finals are about to start. And there's going to be another tournament next week.

PZ is my favorite to win, but mostly because I was watching their streams months ago. I'm somewhat mortified that Java switched from Warrior to condi Necro. Oumo (the guy that did the Shroud-stomping videos months ago) also switched from this mixed Guardian build to condi Necro for WvW. I've been thinking of respeccing my power Necro build for a condi Necro build as well. It's so sad!

Proven

Game 2 is going to end less spectacularly. It felt like Game 1 was grabbed right out from under PZ thanks to that boss steal on the first map. Game 3 coming up next.

I will say, that zZz Mesmer...

Lulubop

Pretty corny, but after 8 or so months I finally feel I have a class and character I really like and can actually focus the majority of my attention to. Much less of a headache.

hythloday

I wasn't home tonight, what happened?

Oh and...PATCH TOMORROW OMGGGGGGG

When we all flooded over to the Langmar Estate, there was a level 7 Charr killing ghosts. He said 'whoa you guys are all 80s' and also said we were the first guild he had seen. He tagged along for the puzzle. Turns out it was his first character and GW2 is his first MMO!

He is also in the guild now! :)

When we all flooded over to the Langmar Estate, there was a level 7 Charr killing ghosts. He said 'whoa you guys are all 80s' and also said we were the first guild he had seen. He tagged along for the puzzle. Turns out it was his first character and GW2 is his first MMO!

He is also in the guild now! :)
That's awesome.

Hope he enjoys being part of the gaggle of *****!

Reknoc

The southsun update can't come soon enough. Getting a little tired of running with the zerg going back and forth between insti to never get a crate. It's not like there's even anything else to do

except crab toss

lol

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I've gotta stop drinking when I play this game. Woke up to find I had 600 Sorrow's Embrace tokens that I didn't have yesterday.

I've gotta stop drinking when I play this game. Woke up to find I had 600 Sorrow's Embrace tokens that I didn't have yesterday.

Well, drunken you seems to be quite industrious, at least. It would be worse to wake up to all your gold spent on virtual booze and hookers.

On the other hand, if your party members are reading your post, I can picture them saying "that explains a lot -_-".

Lunar15

Still haven't tried crabtoss, that will be first on the agenda for today

It's a lot harder now that people have figured out how to play it better. Protips:

I like keeping the person with the crab targeted as much as possible. It helps for targeted attacks.

It never hurts to grab southsun punch and hold on to it until you grab the crab.

The stick is your friend.

Spent the weekend grinding out my monthly. Went through so many crude salvage kits and salvage items from the TP.

Events are almost done but I still have about 30 more vets. Jumped into WvW for kicks and just followed a zerg around. Is there an easier way to get XP than just mashing Tab+1?

My favourite Crab Toss item is the plank purely for the jumping attack, but the fishing pole is definitely more useful. Sucks though when you're bashing crates and all you find are punches.

Lunar15

If you need vet slayer, do a few fractals. The ascalon fractal will get you it in no time.

Fractals definite knock out a bunch of monthly categories. Going to where the wurm spawns in Caeladon Forest also is a great place to grind vets, if you don't mind just doing it over and over again. I prefer fractals because you're getting a lot done at once.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Who know what you did to earn those man... your number is probably scrawled on the door of a Dredge bathroom stall by now!
Reknoc said:
The southsun update can't come soon enough. Getting a little tired of running with the zerg going back and forth between insti to never get a crate. It's not like there's even anything else to do
I know this was a little tongue-in-cheek but it's worth mentioning that for most players, the pace of this was pretty fast! It's definitely good that they're making the full slew of achievements still able to be completed.

I love crabtoss.

Crab toss is the game of champions.
You guys get to stay in the guild.

The UK is actually an hour behind you, just to be awkward. Who needs Mesmers for confusion?

Actually, looking at a map, it's the UK's time that make sense; western europe is out of whack, and Spain, being the furtherst west, is the whackiest of all. Now I understand why it starts turning dark in games at 18:00, when here in Spain in Summer you still have sunlight at like 22:00. It also explains why people have dinner at hours that seem like late afternoon to us Spanish people. Finally, it explains why the sun is highest at like 14:00-15:00. It all makes sense now! :O

(I can also use this as an excuse as to why I have such a hard time waking up early in the morning, wheee! :D).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom