• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Lag killed us tonight.

Insane moments with people running in place, crazy disconnects every 5 seconds. We just couldn't stay together as a group and the puzzle attempt imploded.

Cancelling my sub.

hythloday

So after playing a thief in a couple dungeons tonight, then hopping on my mesmer for missions...I am kinda bored with the mesmer! The entire time I kept dodging and wondering where my caltrops went. I think my task tomorrow will be just running around picking up all the waypoints I can, so I can bring the thief to more stuff.

I'm at my house for tonight, but I gotta pack my computer and then head out to the new place! Our ordeal is almost over!

Glad to hear from you! Long drives suck huh?

Levyne

Banned
I've been trying to mix more sword/axe and sword/warhorn into my usage. I guess it seems like actually playing around with the various weapon types seems way overdue for me, but I guess the honeymoon period with the bows finally has waned.

Sword is pretty much a mainstay in the on-hand. GS is nice too and has the closing move, but seems a little more..boring? I think the sword also synergizes well with a build built a bit into Beastmastery since the auto grants pet might. The GS just has a one time pet damage increase attack. The damage capability of axe is amazing and has Ranger's only real reflect. Only have a couple hours on it though. Warhorn seems less selfish but it really only has the group fury, which a war will usually pack anyways.

Anyways, I look forward to longingly looking over the patch notes while at work tomorrow.

Levyne

Banned
I assume you are Aodh Emeri..something?

I'm glad the slow TA run the other day didn't slow you down and saw you going again today. It is one of my favorite dungeons. Dunno why. Doesn't feel as in need of tweaking as, say, CM.

I assume you are Aodh Emeri..something?

I'm glad the slow TA run the other day didn't slow you down and saw you going again today. It is one of my favorite dungeons. Dunno why. Doesn't feel as in need of tweaking as, say, CM.
Love the TA up path. Maybe because this path really makes my Wall of Reflection shine.

Vines: Even if all the veteran vines respawn you still kill the champion vine with well-placed reflects/absorbs/stability. I don't consider it a DPS-check fight.

Malrona: One of my favorite GW2 fights. Put down a properly positioned Wall of Reflection and enjoy looking at all those poison lobs reflect right back to her. If I time her lobs correctly I can rotate through Wall/Shield of Absorption/Zealot's Defense and dodge through her if all of those skills are on cooldown. I need to remember to intentionally eat her poison cone AoE because apparently that poison also gives you might, according to the wiki. I try to use Empower during that spray since it's not a OHKO like the lobs. Very satisfying to melee.

Fyonna: Boring fight, worst of the four in this path. But reflect still helps against her longbow.

Wardens with their hammers: The champion doesn't seem to have as many defiant stacks so it's great to CC her.

Nightmare Tree: Another boss with rewarding melee. Wall to reflect the turrents, AoE are easy to dodge; the one thing I can improve on is being more patient with my dodges since I erroneously think many of his moves are the OHKO fist slam.

Levyne

Banned
Heh, I'm not surprised to hear you like it.

The slow run I mentioned was the forward up path. It was actually a lot easier than I remembered. Same wurm, a hp hog tree titan that is otherwise unremarkable. The bees plus fountains were actually pretty easy with a six second invuln and a couple dodges. The mesmer boss I remember being pretty hard but our group didn't really have any problems with her. We had a ranger mes two eles and an engi I think so not even any guard help. The worst part was the tree boss with the spider adds. The silvers take a while to kill and the tree itself has a high damage aoe with no red ring graphic but only the tell of it shaking its back. However, even once we learned how to fight it (in my case, remind myself because it had been so long), we backed up too far (five feet) to deal with the add spiders and found the boss healing itself fully. A longer leash would have been appreciated. As it stands you have to compromise taking care of spiders, staying close enough to not induce the boss autoheal, and be wary of the aoe attack without the aid of red rings.

Doh, Xpadder isn't working all the sudden. It's stating that an unsupported Windows is detected when I try to open the .exe

You ever encounter this Hawkian? I'm using W7.

I just need COF path 3 and all ARAH explorables to get dungeon master title...really wish ARAH didn't take so long cuz lately rarely do I find time to play for long periods of time.

Katoki

I have buyer's remorse for the infinite sickle. I don't collect plants at all on top of them only being useful for... cooking.

So in other words you're nowhere near dungeon master m8.
Thanks for crushing my dreams. I thought you were suppose to encourage people to do Arah so that you would have someone to play with.

I have buyer's remorse for the infinite sickle. I don't collect plants at all on top of them only being useful for... cooking.
I just saw the animation videos from reddit and got confused about why it does the mining animation...if you want to have players stand they should do that side to side movement like using a scythe to cut grass.

Katoki

The sickle's already available? How much is it?

800 gems like the pick axe. I think the problem is that plants are a one-time gather so you don't stick around long enough to see any animation. On occasion you'll have those plants that let you gather some odd five times though.

leng jai

Thanks for crushing my dreams. I thought you were suppose to encourage people to do Arah so that you would have someone to play with.

I just saw the animation videos from reddit and got confused about why it does the mining animation...if you want to have players stand they should do that side to side movement like using a scythe to cut grass.

I've been saying ARAH on a daily basis since what, September? You haven't run it with me once.

Kikarian

I'm struggling to decide whether to roll Guardian, Mesmer or Ele?

Could anyone tell me which one you prefer out of the three and why?
Thanks.

Atrophis

Running Arah since September and you still haven't got everything you want? What have you got from there so far?

I need to run it for one piece of armour so drag me along some time :D

hythloday

Dulfy has video of the harvesting sickle, and the white kitten mini. It is so cute.

I can't buy it though because I go to dungeons and dangerous areas and that's just no place for a precious little kitty ; ;

The mobility make it feel more "fun," I think. It's kind of why I feel like I wasted a name on that character now.

I definitely feel you on that. The thief's skill set is so engaging, as well. Death Blossom is just too cool.

Yeah, I think I may actually skip that one. Although I have a feeling the animation (exactly the same as the mining pick, only with water!) may be bugged or, if not bugged, just changed eventually. (At least, I hope it's bugged..)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Doh, Xpadder isn't working all the sudden. It's stating that an unsupported Windows is detected when I try to open the .exe

You ever encounter this Hawkian? I'm using W7.
You need to right-click on the exe and go to properties and check the compatibility mode settings. It should be set for Windows XP SP2... I can't explain what would cause it to lose those settings all of a sudden, but that's the error you get if it's not set to that mode. :/
I'm struggling to decide whether to roll Guardian, Mesmer or Ele?

Could anyone tell me which one you prefer out of the three and why?
Thanks.
Is this your first character? Do you have a maxed-out character of another class already? What kind of playstyle do you like? What type of stuff do you see yourself doing most in-game? Those are 3 very different classes that are all good.
Running Arah since September and you still haven't got everything you want? What have you got from there so far?

He doesn't have the master keys to ARAH yet, so he can't have everything he wants.

I didn't realize the sickle was available now. Gonna need that. More psyched for the axe though, that's what I run out of the most...

edit: For the record, I just have to have the infinite tools on my thief, regardless of utility or proximate worth. They are of limitless value to me because I am lazy

Gonna be a long day of work. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do tonight either... wanna have time check out lotsa new stuff tonight and don't want people to have to miss out on a makeup opportunity, but the Heat also falter without my personal dedicated support.
Anyone seen this yet?
Looks like you get some kind
of crazy gun to use against Canach?

leng jai

That's what happens when you're in an anti-ARAH guild.

Why would you get the harvesting sickle? Do most people even use them for anything besides passion flora? Ridiculous that the animation and audio are both cut and pasted from the ming pick as well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm sorry, what? The sickle makes lava come out of the ground?

edit: The fact that so few of you use the sickle to sickle things is why I'll be sickling everything and making mad silvers of the sales

hythloday

The sickle makes water come out of the ground instead of lava, but your character has the animation of using a mining pick and the sound effect also sounds like you're striking metal.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, if I didn't play one character so religiously I am not sure I would grab the infini tools....but I do.....so I will.

Edit: And....I just bought it. YOLO, etc.

Taffer

I tend to harvest every node I pass, especially herbs. I tend to get at least 1 dye a day from them as well, so I'm happy with an unbreakable sickle (and pick, and axe).

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Enough for them to blow their expectations out of the water... I have only dropped 10 dollars in the gem store, but with the move coming up I don't think I can anymore than that for now.

I hope to "invest" at least 100 by the end of the year, just... so ... much to do...:(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's crazy is that your $10 total, $10 a month, $10 a month with occasional splashes of more, or even $20 a month, will all pale in comparison to the "heavy users" NCsoft's really targeting with every monetization scheme gem shop. I've spent I think around $60 to get Gems now personally (which is HUGE for me), but my habits are a drop in the bucket compared to those who will spend $50+ every time something new of interest is added to the gem store. One of those people probably makes up for 100 freeloaders because the people who spend that much are incredibly likely to spend that much more than once.

Reknoc

I've managed to spend nothing on gems. Meanwhile PSO2, a game that's barely translated that doesn't accept foreign cards, I've probably spent over £100. Nothing on the gem store ever appeals to me (except the infinite pickaxe but I missed that :( )

oh well that is soon to change SWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMSUITS

Levyne

Banned
Let's see...

I think early on I spent 50 dollars on gems to slowly burn through.

(It ended up not being as slow as I planned)

I didn't spend money for the Pick or Rox Quiver, gold swapped for those.

I used a gift card to get a 20 (25?) dollar gem card a couple months ago.

10 dollars on a name change recently..

And 10 dollars just now...

So..~90 dollars

/cry

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've spent tons and tons of gems but the overwhelming majority was gold->gems. A lot of the time when there's something in the gem store I want, I'll set a temp goal of simply acquiring enough gold from that point to convert and obtain it, which has been very rewarding. I did this for the Warlock costume, Wintersday skin, a Character slot (when they were on sale), the SAB minis, Braham's shield, the molten pick...

Actual money I've spent on a small number of keys, Black Lion kits, the sonic tunneling tool, the dancy book, and (last night) the Rox quiver cause I decided last minute I wanted it for... some character.

Arken2121

Welp, time to pick up the sickle. I must collect them all! And to the previous posts about gems, I personally have spent over $400(not counting the collectors edition) on gems. I personally know people who've spent more so.....yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom