• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

try running a repair.

Locate your Gw2.exe file.
Right-click on the file and select Create shortcut.
Rename this new shortcut to Guild Wars 2 Repair.
Right-click on Guild Wars 2 Repair and select Properties.
Locate the Target line and add -repair to the end.
Example: “C:GamesGuild Wars 2gw2.exe” -repair
Click OK.

Thanks! I'll try that when I get home!

Ebris

Everything was so cheap because the chest at the end of the Karka event had a very high chance of dropping a precursor. A lot of people got there's from buying at the prices they were being sold at, I know I should have though in retrospect it would have been the one I know longer want. The fastest way at the moment is probably farm Skelks in Southsun due to the insanely high MF settler bonus.
Why Skelks and not the Instigator zergs? Those give you a guaranteed chest each time and often come with rares.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I hate the fact that CoF path 1 is so profitable because I'm trying to get CoF armor and that's all anyone runs, limiting the amount of tokens I can get a day.

Feels Bad Man
Woooah, not accurate. Path 1+2 runs, and even full-on multi hour farms (basically alternating back and forth again and again with breaks until the party gives up or dies IRL) are incredibly common.

I spot 2 in the last 8 minutes!
jbsklSQAIDi3Tp.jpg

Wrong guy lol. I'm chase.

And yeah, I threw 200g in the forge for nothing, but I'm not even mad. That was like...less than 1/3 of my total gold, and I don't even care about having a legendary weapon anyways.

And Kaioshade, I know you're mad dude but seriously, how is it Anet's fault that you threw all your gold into the forge? That's entirely on you.
Holy bejoiusus.
Thanks! I'll try that when I get home!
Hmmm, are you using anything that would display an overlay in 3D games?
Hey, I have been out of the loop for a bit (Medical problems + laziness ).

Can someone tell me what this kraka queen event is all about and how you can do it?

Is it like a world dragon event? Heard you can only do it once a day :/
It is indeed like the daily boss events, apparently both tougher and more rewarding. She doesn't show up until June 4th, so relax. :)

jersoc

because next week there will be vendors that you can buy stuff with the shells

edit:also, where the hell are the skelks in SS? dont' think i ever ran across those.

Lulubop

Why Skelks and not the Instigator zergs? Those give you a guaranteed chest each time and often come with rares.

From personal experience I haven't gotten much, if any rares. I do however get notable amount of Vials of Powerful Blood, which sells more than the average rare and more than ecto.

kaioshade

Wrong guy lol. I'm chase.

And yeah, I threw 200g in the forge for nothing, but I'm not even mad. That was like...less than 1/3 of my total gold, and I don't even care about having a legendary weapon anyways.

And Kaioshade, I know you're mad dude but seriously, how is it Anet's fault that you threw all your gold into the forge? That's entirely on you.

You know what? you are 100% right. I still think its bullshit to have such tiny odds, but that is the game i have chosen to play. I was just beyong pissed last night. I am fine now.

Hawkian, account name is kaioshade.7682. Thank you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You know what? you are 100% right. I still think its bullshit to have such tiny odds, but that is the game i have chosen to play. I was just beyong pissed last night. I am fine now.

Hawkian, account name is kaioshade.7682. Thank you.
Well that was unexpected. Now I really want you to get your legendary one day! :p

It totally is bullshit to have such tiny odds, I mean, no one would possibly dispute that. It's like the slightest of slight chances. But a more concrete way to get a precursor was confirmed to be coming this year sometime, so patience might pay off.

I tried to send the invite, but I think you might have the max number of guilds already? I got the weird "max guild membership" error.

hythloday

Retro and I were just discussing this over dinner (NERDS!) and I really don't get the point of the Mystic Forge besides item/cash sink. The "guaranteed" stuff like the salvage kits and the weapon recipes are great, but the random gambling aspect is terrible. It's not fun (to me). I tried for Mystic Clovers in the forge once, got nothing, then I basically said "Welp, we're done here!" and I sold my karka precursor.

It puzzles me that it actually exists in that format. ("Holy Trinity?" Not fun, we're not putting it in the game. Competition over raid slots? Not fun, we're not putting it in our game. Gambling away buckets of gold and getting nothing? Sure, let's have that.)

I agree with the "patience will pay off" statement.

Ebris

From personal experience I haven't gotten much, if any rares. I do however get notable amount of Vials of Powerful Blood, which sells more than the average rare and more than ecto.
Interesting!

I've earned a decent amount with Instigator farming - I even got an exotic that was worth 1.5g. While Instigator farming, I also had a Mini Reef Rider drop on me from a reef rider, though I don't count that as a direct result of my farming.

How much have ya made so far with skelk hunting?

Getting it primarily through COF runs might well be the fastest and have the least effort but it's got to be the most boring (and most likely to cause me to give up on the game, personally :p). Here are some of my ways to make gold. Merely running around Southsun doing stuff right now, with either of the zone buffs, is quite profitable as well.

Note, nowhere close to everything you need for a legendary is purchasable with gold. I would however recommend it as the most viable way to get a precursor.
Yeah I'm concerend with getting burnt out but it's easily the best way to get it quicker outside of spending real money, of course. The problem with your money methods is that I need the gold for a Legendary and many of your money methods involve selling something I need to craft the weapon haha It truly is brutal. I need a ridiculous amount of ecto so CoF helps that effort as well by purchasing the rares with tokens. I don't think there is a way around it, sadly. Southsun might be worth grinding the skelks for bloods though since I need to get 250 of all the T6 mats. Thank goodness if you have a hard time crafting the clovers, you at least have a high chance at T6 mats, I can't lose trying to craft that item hehe I forgot you could buy the mats with laurel, that's nice. After I infuse my accessories that's what I'll start doing with laurel :D I wish everything in the game was profitiable but unless you farm something to sell, seems only dungeons are. I barely made squat getting 100 WC with two characters combined and that's without spending money on a single thing outside of WP respawns and armor repair, I was even frugal with using WP to get around. Only when I started doing CoF runs for my armor did my money really start to grow.
Everything was so cheap because the chest at the end of the Karka event had a very high chance of dropping a precursor. A lot of people got there's from buying at the prices they were being sold at, I know I should have though in retrospect it would have been the one I know longer want. The fastest way at the moment is probably farm Skelks in Southsun due to the insanely high MF settler bonus.

Really? Man, that sucks I missed it!

Kard8p3

try running a repair.

Locate your Gw2.exe file.
Right-click on the file and select Create shortcut.
Rename this new shortcut to Guild Wars 2 Repair.
Right-click on Guild Wars 2 Repair and select Properties.
Locate the Target line and add -repair to the end.
Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\gw2.exe” -repair
Click OK.

So I tried that..and while it was verifying everything, this happened:

*--> Crash <--*
Assertion: m_readOffset + m_readLength <= m_totalBytes
File: ..\..\..\Services\File3\FileArchive.cpp(1056)
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 2232
Cmdline: -repair
BaseAddr: 00400000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 18906
When: 2013-05-31T00:25:26Z 2013-05-30T19:25:26-05:00
Uptime: 0 days 0:02:24
Flags: 0

Katoki

These Sclerite skins make me queasy :x

"I'll find something that I like". ...nope

Heh. I settled with getting the sword skin for my mesmer since sword/focus is all the rage. The weapon skins this time are much more difficult to like for sure though.

Kard8p3

These stupid errors make me want to pull my hair out. I seriously have NO IDEA how to fix this :/, and I really DO NOT want to spend all night re-downloading this in hopes it will fix it.

Retro

Just an FYI, The Mumble server is experiencing heavy outages tonight, seems to be a service-wide issue and not just us. It comes up and down randomly, so basically unusable for the near future. Will update as we get it sorted out, sorry for the inconvenience.

These stupid errors make me want to pull my hair out. I seriously have NO IDEA how to fix this :/, and I really DO NOT want to spend all night re-downloading this in hopes it will fix it.

Try posting on the official forums, I don't know if we'll be very useful in fixing it here. If the repair doesn't work, that's all I've ever heard as a solution.

Kard8p3

I went ahead and uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it; then I got a Gw2.exe-Bad Image error. Says that propsys.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.

Retro

I went ahead and uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it; then I got a Gw2.exe-Bad Image error. Says that propsys.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.

This sounds like a bigger problem than just GW2, but I'm hardly computer savvy. This is honestly the worst story I've heard so far of install issues...

Dunno what to suggest other than the official forums, everything else I'd say would just sound stupid / unhelpful (run in admin mode? /shrug).

Virzeth

I know this is a long shot, but it takes less time than a full download, so...
Try moving the entire folder somewhere else, the desktop for example, and then re-run the repair. There used to be a bug where installing in a certain folder, can't remember which one, would cause some files to become corrupted.

nataku

Dunno. A quick google search brings up this thread. It deals with a different .dll than what is giving you that error, though it still might be looking over since the guy apparently solved the issue.

What folder are you trying to install the game to? I remember back at launch, maybe during the betas, they warned people from putting the game in /Program Files because it caused issues, so I put mine in c:/Guild Wars 2. You could try a creating and using a different folder and see if it works at all.

Kard8p3

Someone on GameFAQs suggested I move PROPSYS.dll somewhere else and try to run the game client; so I moved it to my desktop and ran it; no error. I saved Guild Wars to C:/GW2 (I made it earlier when I was messing around with my original two errors.) So I guess I have to wait for it to redownload. Oh well, I bought Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, so this should hold me over tonight. Will keep you guys updated! Thank you for all the help!

So I've come back to this game once again.

Some of you might have seen me ingame asking about the vigil personal story path.

I probably won't attempt to involve myself in any activities until I'm at a much higher level so I hope you guys will put up with my random questions in the meantime. :p

Retro

Mumble appears to have stabilized, sorry again for the inconvenience. This appeared to be a network-wide outage for the server host, not just something wrong with ours (Ferny actually thought it might be a DDOS attack). Everything appears to be in good order though.

So I've come back to this game once again.

Some of you might have seen me ingame asking about the vigil personal story path.

I probably won't attempt to involve myself in any activities until I'm at a much higher level so I hope you guys will put up with my random questions in the meantime. :p

That's really the biggest service GAFGuild provides; lots of helpful answers and people to group with.

Mxrz

Did you guys manage the puzzle tonight? 6:30 or whatnot is a bit rough for me timewise. I hopped over for the challenge, but yeah. 3 charr vs 12 charr was funny at least. And is there any reason its always the same challenge, or is it just bad luck?

Warrior isn't working out so hotly for my second character. Mid 30s, but I'm mostly keeping at it because I'm not up spending a few hours fussing over the character generations screen to start another just yet. What I really want is something with good ranged attacks for WvW.

Retro

Did you guys manage the puzzle tonight? 6:30 or whatnot is a bit rough for me timewise. I hopped over for the challenge, but yeah. 3 charr vs 12 charr was funny at least. And is there any reason its always the same challenge, or is it just bad luck?

Warrior isn't working out so hotly for my second character. Mid 30s, but I'm mostly keeping at it because I'm not up spending a few hours fussing over the character generations screen to start another just yet. What I really want is something with good ranged attacks for WvW.

No, after the challenge failed, we did guild Puzzles; we finished the Langmar Estate (in Plains of Ashford) with 1 second left on the clock, so nobody actually got to the chest. We finished the one in Brisban Wildlands (Proxemics Lab) after that and anyone who needed comms got it done.

We did a Rush after that and got the fucking awful spider scurry. Maybe half a dozen folks showed up and we tried to get two of our newer members through but it just wasn't gonna happen. I hate that rush.

I dunno why we always get the Charr Defense one, it seems like we have incredibly bad luck.

As to your profession dilemma, Ranger is good range (obviously), elementalist too. Just about every class has some range, but those two seem to be the first that spring to mind. I imagine Necro and Engineer are pretty respectable too, but I don't have either at end game.

Warrior ranged is... supplemental. It is sufficient to the purpose at hand but not exceptionally fun. I was Rifle for the longest time (that extra bleed is nice) but I've switched to Longbow just to mix things up lately (and the AOE is more useful during most encounters).

Levyne

Banned
Had a lot of fun with a lot of different guild members today. :)

Yeah that skritt challenge we got the other day seems laughably easy by comparison. The devourers plus ogre are not hard either. Not looking forward to the next time we have to rescue quaggan, I feel we got realllly lucky last time.

Jira

I had never bothered to try the Southsun Zerg until tonight and HOLY SHIT it is amazing. I got 5-6 rares in a bit over an hour. Made over 3g from 6? instigator kills? Very impressed with the rate you can earn gold from that event train.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We finally made it back online! It feels good to be in a new home.
Welcome to online city!
I had never bothered to try the Southsun Zerg until tonight and HOLY SHIT it is amazing. I got 5-6 rares in a bit over an hour. Made over 3g from 6? instigator kills? Very impressed with the rate you can earn gold from that event train.
Which buff were you using? They're actually both really good. Very good money to be found there for the next few days.

It's called a Zerk now by the way.

Moobabe

Where and how do I do this?

Reknoc

Where and how do I do this?

Go to Lions Arch, there should be a ship that takes you to southsun, when you get there talk to the settler negotiator to get 200% magic find, and head north to a way point, then just wait until you see a crowd of people.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Take the Asure Gate from the Claw Island Portage waypoint in Lion's Arch (near the Fractals entrance) to the Pearl Islet resort on Southsun. Talk to either the Settler or Consortium representative to get a buff to Magic Find or Gold Find. Then head toward Kiel's Outpost, listen in map chap for the next instigator event going up or just wander, and find the zerk. Kill mobs and do events that pop up in between bouncing back and forth as the Instigators respawn.

So here's a major noob question, because I've only ever participated in one Guild Bounty before. I only have about 40 percent of the map done so far. Is there any way I can participate in some of these things if I don't have the waypoint that everyone is going to discovered? Like, is there any way for other members to port me over?

For example, yesterday I noticed that some guild event was going on, but I didn't have the waypoint that everyone was going to (hadn't even been to the area). Is there anyway around this?

nataku

So here's a major noob question, because I've only ever participated in one Guild Bounty before. I only have about 40 percent of the map done so far. Is there any way I can participate in some of these things if I don't have the waypoint that everyone is going to discovered? Like, is there any way for other members to port me over?

For example, yesterday I noticed that some guild event was going on, but I didn't have the waypoint that everyone was going to (hadn't even been to the area). Is there anyway around this?

Nope, you have to hoof it from the nearest WP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom