• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty mean to take our rating too :(

Oh, and these are post reset cos I'm in EU. There are forum posts suggesting that some people are ending up on the wrong server when they enter which is spectacular if true..

Edit - Ok - it looks like the randomisation *has* happened in EU but scoreboard code is wrong https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/New-matchups-ARE-today-see-latest/first#post2128683

Pretty awesome of ArenaNet to get it fixed in time :)

ahh yeah, didn't know you were EU. And yeah. someone.. maybe Jira? had posted about the scoreboard thing earlier. Just crossed signals I guess.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have a pretty busy night so I might not be on til late. But I hopped on and activated our +5 Supply buffs if our Mist Warriors would like to claim anything for GAF tonight, and Reduced Repair cost (affects everyone, but particularly nice when not outmanned in WvW).

Good luck and godspeed, Stormbluff Isle!

Kard8p3

I have a pretty busy night so I might not be on til late. But I hopped on and activated our +5 Supply buffs if our Mist Warriors would like to claim anything for GAF tonight, and Reduced Repair cost (affects everyone, but particularly nice when not outmanned in WvW).

Good luck and godspeed, Stormbluff Isle!

Dang, wish I knew you were getting on, would have asked for an invite! But it's all good :)

hythloday

Just post your account name here! You don't have to be online to get the invite (if you're offline you can open the guild window with 'G' to accept the next time you log in), so we can get you anytime.

Virzeth

Those look hideous.

I know, right?

ZZPbnwB.png

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Linkedin headhunter gave me a shot for a job application at NCSoft and I'm almost too afraid to send in my CV. Talking about first world problems.

Atrophis

Awww in an extremely selfish way I was kinda happy that the match up changes weren't going to happen tonight because I won't be able to play. Damn you Anet and your efficiency (in some things).

Ceres

Banned
So I lied. First free Friday night turned into hanging out with friends at someone's house because one of them is in town only tonight.
Oh well, probably for the best as we only just put the a/c in today and it was hot as bell in the room

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just do it, worst thing that can happen is you don't get the job.

Done. God I'm so insecure when it comes to international job applications, I always feel like I'm doing everything wrong that can be done wrong -.-

Retro

Done. God I'm so insecure when it comes to international job applications, I always feel like I'm doing everything wrong that can be done wrong -.-

Like Jira said, the only thing you'd be doing wrong is not applying in the first place. If you don't get the job, oh well. If you do... well, that's awesome. Let us know if anything develops.

Tomas

Banned
Farmed Southsun events for some time now, about 15 Supply Crates and balls to me. I am really unhappy with the rare drop which gives a rare chance to give something useful. Either make it like F&F Shield/Mace/Bow/Quiver or GTFO.

On the other news, Condition Damage now works on NULL.

markot

Banned
Got a BLSK in the mail as compensation for using one during while the ecto returns were bugged.

Thats nice of them, I knew something was up after the patch >.< nice to get the kit back (Plus some extra!) But still I did it on like 10 yellows and got like 2 ectos... >.>

Levyne

Banned
I made a video of me (attempting) bursting down a random jotun thing in the mists. I didn't know of a better target that I could crit. The golems die too fast. Even this thing dies rather fast.

I forget to stealth the jag, but most of his hits were crits anyway (stealth guarantees crits). And in a less manufactured setting I probably wouldn't be activating absolutely everything at once regardless.

Yes I like to activate skills 6-10 via click. Deal with it.

Sorry about the aspect ratio/fps/ui/anything else that may bug you. It's a short vid, you'll live.

I dunno if this is average, below, above. But there it is. Hopefully it's at least not laughable.

And jesus, my stats in the mists are way different than idle in LA, for instance despite both being full "zerker". Probably underthinking something. Maybe I'll just need to find some lone orr target.

I've got some potentially more honest vids against some vet risen giants on the way..you can see how long I can keep it up before it peters out. I do have the important signets on traited cd so unsure what else I could do.

Video 2. Video 3

Retro

fuck magrubma and dragonbland shitlords

This week is gonna blow 8(

It's heartbreaking hearing the commanders on Teamspeak trying to get people to listen and push in. We've been hammering at our SBI Garrison for hours and we've been close to the Lord's room twice. Every time, the push just stalls because people get caught up in the fighting.

Seems like this is gonna be a rough week for WvW, but people are trying.

i check mos earlier today. 0 ppt for both us and maguuma looooool. Since we arent really fighting maguuma this week, their forum posts arent that bad b/c they're in the same boat.

On our server the Frenchies are destroying us. The only really good commander we have has to go AFK all the time, and his replacements arent up for the task.

nataku

How come my mesmer doesnt say anything when casting mantras now >_<

They do sometimes.

There was a line in the patch notes on the April 30th patch that they reduced the talking from your character. From what I've noticed, everything got reduced; talking while using skills, reactions to debuffs/buffs, talking while discovering new areas, while looting daily corner popup chests, etc.

April 30th Patch said:
Reduced the chatter frequency of player characters

Wish it was an option. I liked hearing my characters talk.

swnny

Hello everyone!
Just got my GAF account activated, but I have been following the GW2 threads since the first press beta in the beginning of last year. :) A bit of shame, that I missed lots of really good discussions since launch, but I hope I will be able to join in the future ones.

Some background info: Playing Guild Wars since Prophecies (2005) with over 8k hours spent mostly on GvG, was rated in top 200 guilds where I've played (mostly) core flagger, some Gladiator and Hero titles as well.
At first I didn't really liked how Guild Wars 2 was turning out to be, but when I actually played it in the very, very first beta, it really hocked me up (despite the poor state of the PvP at the time, and it still is far from where it should be), so here I am, 2000+ hours in, just 9 months after release. ^^ (witch really hurts my backlog)
Here, in GW2, I'm playing on Desolation EU and doing, everything with everyone everyday :) Be it PvE for the daily and world boss hunting and some guild missions every now and then, WvWing with my (really) small guild and mostly - playing rated "tournament" PvP matches with few friends, even got to EU ladderboard position of top 120 few days ago! 8)
As for the characters, I have everything except engie (for one reason or another, I dont really like engies) and in PvE and WvW I'm constantly switching between them all (and thats why I HATE the WvW Ranks being character bound, instead of account bound, cuz I have to rank up 7 chars ^^), as for rated tPvP I prefer playing ele (with my very own "hybrid" build, which I havent seen in any of the streams ever) or a guardian (bunking and aoe healing, to remind me of my GvG days).

That was a kinda long introduction. :) To wrap it up, if there are still fellow gafers "stuck" on EU worlds (altho, I think Deso is the best place for a tPvPer) and want to tag along for anything, feel free to add and whisper me ingame: Swnny and account name savov.3712

See you here, in the beautiful world of Tyria or in the endless Mists!
Best wishes,
swnny

Retro

That was a kinda long introduction. :) To wrap it up, if there are still fellow gafers "stuck" on EU worlds (altho, I think Deso is the best place for a tPvPer) and want to tag along for anything, feel free to add and whisper me ingame: Swnny and account name savov.3712

Guilds are international, and while guesting isn't you can feel free to hop into GAF chat if you just want the conversation. Also, if you ever get tired of your EU server, we have a transfer fund set up to get people migrated to Stormbluff Isle. Sounds like you're cozy where you are though.

Let me know if you'd like an invite to the guild just for shits and giggles though, and gratz on getting approved.

Mxrz

So I was poking around the official forums looking for screenshots of elementalist. I see a "Do you hate the charr?" thread. Open it up and holy shit. I always knew those perma-pre-searing types were emotional, but damn. Some of them were even condemning ANet for making the charr more than a mindless zerg. That's beyond crazy at that point.

Anyway. Can't say I care for any of the human hairstyles. Blargh. ANet could make a small fortune by releasing a GW1 hair pack.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
holy hell, that's amazing. wonder if there are other combos like it.

edit: Could use him as a smoke grenade in wvw, lol

Proven

How long has that been in the game? Hot damn.

When they put out that articles saying 5 rangers can take on a dungeon by themselves, was that the first and only hint?

markot

Banned
This is not a recent change.
It is, like just over a week ago my mes would say stuff like 50% of the time when casting a mantra, since the last big patch I haven't heard it yet... Why even use mantras now? That was like the only reason!

Thieves suck cause they pretty much have perma invis.

Ebris

Hey, anyone got a link to the temple status page? I have a friend who needs to finish Orr and most of it is temple-related POIs/skills/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom