• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swnny

Eh.. calling the NA Meta boring I can see an argument for.. but I don't know if you could really call the EU Meta "varied" as much as EU teams are constantly looking for the next OP comp to counter the typical setups. They certainly try a lot more things but I haven't really seen any teams stick to any non-typical builds long enough to master them. I've been seeing that a lot more in NA where you have guys like Jumper who come up with a build that's a bit different, then mastering it and applying it to team Strats.

Well, that's why I said *a bit* more varied. At the moment, the game itself isn't in a state, where it can support a lot build diversity. Even the devs themselves are confirming every SotG, that there are like 2-3 builds per profession. And 2-3 ain't "a lot". :)

And as I said, I can't comment on the "NA meta vs EU meta" topic, because I haven't played in NA. I said only what I've heard from friends and people I'm playing with.

Complistic

Man this karka queen event is shit. Who designed this? Sitting dead for 10 minutes in a swarm of karka while every WP on the map is contested is really fucking amazing. Thanks for wasting my time ANET

There's at least 3 waypoints that are never contested. I suggest you find them if you don't already have them unlocked.

Man this karka queen event is shit. Who designed this? Sitting dead for 10 minutes in a swarm of karka while every WP on the map is contested is really fucking amazing. Thanks for wasting my time ANET
I think what bothered me the most is that they simply reused a huge Karka for the skin.
+ the egg throwing thing makes no sense.

This is supposed to be the big boss event of Southsun, like SB, Claw, Teq, etc.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Surely have plenty to catch up on here...

jb2k1mZck5Xhcu.png

Awwwww yeahhhhh mmmmmm sogood.gif x100

Can't believe how much quieter it is too, just with more, larger fans and no giant radiator. Hawkian does not recommend liquid cooling. Get 120mm fans and a great cooler with lots of heatpipes and Rejoice!

Now to see if I can patch and get the daily done in time >:)

edit: hm looks like my wireless adapter is dying or something. not sure I have the patience for this tonight :-/

Katoki

I prefer the ones that support larger fans. Much quieter.

So much so that I have a 140mm Noctua cooler running passively in my SG08 using the stock top down fan Silverstone designed and it's whisper quiet.

Proven

I think what bothered me the most is that they simply reused a huge Karka for the skin.
+ the egg throwing thing makes no sense.

This is supposed to be the big boss event of Southsun, like SB, Claw, Teq, etc.

I agree with the fact that the egg throwing doesn't make as much sense, but I'm glad they finally got people to actually use a boss fight mechanic.

But as for it being a reuse... That's how karka have been from their inception. At best there's a little bit more shell on their midsection.

Yeah that thing screwed a bunch of people out of coms before when we didn't know what it does. It credits the Guild for the complete somehow but people who didn't finish don't get their coms. I don't recall if the Guild gets the merits.

Still a guild event newcomer. Challenge was easy. Screwed myself on the puzzle. Bounty was a mild success (got my comms.) And the quaggan rush was my first time and great fun. Thanks everyone!

Jira

Surely have plenty to catch up on here...

jb2k1mZck5Xhcu.png

Awwwww yeahhhhh mmmmmm sogood.gif x100

Can't believe how much quieter it is too, just with more, larger fans and no giant radiator. Hawkian does not recommend liquid cooling. Get 120mm fans and a great cooler with lots of heatpipes and Rejoice!

Now to see if I can patch and get the daily done in time >:)

edit: hm looks like my wireless adapter is dying or something. not sure I have the patience for this tonight :-/

Dude, you have the worst hardware luck in the world. If it's not one thing it's another. :-( Luckily a wireless adapter dying isn't a huge deal since you could always hook up through your ethernet (assuming you have the cable to reach). If not you could always buy a cheap cord from monoprice.com. I got a 25' cat5 for ehhh $4 total which I'm currently using.

After watching a few videos on youtube I think I might check out some WvW shortly. Hopefully I don't completely fail lol.

As long as you can follow the commander/leader and listen/read what is going on, you should do fine. Really people mainly fail in wvw b/c they don't follow the tag (commander) and end up being out of position. Just be ready for a night that could be pretty boring/laidback if not many people are on for us or them

jersoc

After watching a few videos on youtube I think I might check out some WvW shortly. Hopefully I don't completely fail lol.

it's pretty hard to fail, i would say impossible. just follow people along and always keep supply. the supply is the biggest thing to remember. if you're ever completely lost, looking for shit to repair too.

wvw is infinitely better with a small group of 5-15'ish players than a huge ass zerg. but you can still have fun with a zerg. just defending stuff might get boring.

Pretty awesome 3rd session of GW2(maybe not for most of you guys, but awesome for a complete noob such as myself). Now level 10.

Spent about an hour exploring the level 0-15 areas(I am terrible with names, keep forgetting what its called) and am currently at 58% completion for the area.

Then decided to focus on getting the dailies done as I was pretty interesting in getting my first chest. Took about 30minutes to get 3/5 done in the PvE scenario. Then I decided to check out WvW for the first time with intention of completing 2 more, being the mists related tasks. Had no idea what I was doing in WvW and I got steam rolled a few times but I eventually found a group of about 10 people and I just followed them. After about 15 minutes I had the camp and supply tasks finished and my first chest. That jug of liquid karma is amazing for a complete beginner.

WvW seems like it could be a lot of fun. Time to do some reading and get a better understanding of it.

Proven

As long as you can follow the commander/leader and listen/read what is going on, you should do fine. Really people mainly fail in wvw b/c they don't follow the tag (commander) and end up being out of position. Just be ready for a night that could be pretty boring/laidback if not many people are on for us or them

Heh, reminds me of Starcraft.

Pretty awesome 3rd session of GW2(maybe not for most of you guys, but awesome for a complete noob such as myself). Now level 10.

Spent about an hour exploring the level 0-15 areas(I am terrible with names, keep forgetting what its called) and am currently at 58% completion for the area.

Then decided to focus on getting the dailies done as I was pretty interesting in getting my first chest. Took about 30minutes to get 3/5 done in the PvE scenario. Then I decided to check out WvW for the first time with intention of completing 2 more, being the mists related tasks. Had no idea what I was doing in WvW and I got steam rolled a few times but I eventually found a group of about 10 people and I just followed them. After about 15 minutes I had the camp and supply tasks finished and my first chest. That jug of liquid karma is amazing for a complete beginner.

WvW seems like it could be a lot of fun. Time to do some reading and get a better understanding of it.

I'm probably repeating myself, but feel free to ask away any doubts you may have, I love playing the MMO guide. In WoW I sometimes sidetracked myself for half an hour showing the ropes to random people who asked a question in General Chat, leading them around the capitals and such. :D

Sadly not, felt off and seemed to have constant hang ups. Might be the older version of xpadder.

Not an issue though as I got a new mouse as well :)

Hmmm... that's kind of weird. Could you go into detail about the symptoms? It might help me track down whether it indeed doesn't work in W8 (and whether it's XPadder or AutoHotKey), or there's something else going on.

I'm probably repeating myself, but feel free to ask away any doubts you may have, I love playing the MMO guide. In WoW I sometimes sidetracked myself for half an hour showing the ropes to random people who asked a question in General Chat, leading them around the capitals and such. :D

Thanks, appreciated. I look forward to roaming with the gaf guild. I'm sure a few bad habits will be pointed out and ill learn a bunch. Especially if speaking in mumble.

Being in Australia and working full time that would only be possible on weekends though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whiskey WvW is best WvW.
Agreed. This matchup goes down smooth.
Hmmm... that's kind of weird. Could you go into detail about the symptoms? It might help me track down whether it indeed doesn't work in W8 (and whether it's XPadder or AutoHotKey), or there's something else going on.
I've tried to troubleshoot it for peeps sometimes, it unfortunately does not seem to be compatible. :(

SteveWD40

Sometimes the buttons would have no effect, others the stick would feel like it had a huge deadzone. I have used the controller with other games and not had these issues, I think it's Xpadder being the old version.

I've tried to troubleshoot it for peeps sometimes, it unfortunately does not seem to be compatible. :(

Yeah it seems not, maybe if someone has the up to date paid version they could try it and see if that is the issue.

Ah, I see, I didn't know. That's a shame, though I guess considering that version was made for XP, it's not entirely surprising.

Does the AHK script work, though? Perhaps they could use either a new version of XPadder, or a similar program like JoyToKey instead, along with the script?

So I've been runnning alot of CoF lately, trying to get that Power/Precision set, and I can't get enough of this song.

Scales of Issormir

Plays at the end of Path 2. So epic :O

Bit of a lame name for the song, though, considering Issormir is a level 1 boss you almost can't lose to even solo. :D

j_hiro

Is anyone buying character slots? I have 0 gems but thinking about buying one with my current gold reserves.

Bought my last slot so now I have 8. My Mesmer is level 62 and I'll need to make an elementalist then I'll be 80 with all classes. If I ever get off my Necro to play anything else.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does the AHK script work, though? Perhaps they could use either a new version of XPadder, or a similar program like JoyToKey instead, along with the script?
Basically it seems like actually an incompatibility with the AHK call is the issue from my attempts to get people to try stuff. His issues with the sets and sticks function oddly were probably a result of the AHK tasks not being handled properly when fired off by Xpadder, and not anything to do with the legacy Xpadder itself (though it's possible).

Basically it seems like actually an incompatibility with the AHK call is the issue from my attempts to get people to try stuff. His issues with the sets and sticks function oddly were probably a result of the AHK tasks not being handled properly when fired off by Xpadder, and not anything to do with the legacy Xpadder itself (though it's possible).

Oh, I see. Not much we can do, then. :/

Mxrz

I bought two character slots, and I'm considering getting the third just to get it over with. Don't want to spend too much before the dragon festival either.

I'm tempted but I'd rather level the 3 characters that I have barely played first.

Pretty much this.

I only have one free slot left and that's gonna be taken by a Sylvari Thief.

Sometimes I feel bad for my Ele ... she's the single level 80 mother supporting 2 babies and one level 44 teen all by herself. But lucky for her that level 44 teen is a Warrior and is leveling pretty fast. She wont have to be the only one who can run COF anymore in a month maybe!

And I figured I should just wait for the expansion. I REALLY wanna playble Kodan so if we get that then I'm sure we will get more slots. Same for my Sylvari ... I'm sure they're gonna put in more faces and hair styles at some point so I'm gonna wait until then to make one.

Playable hylek must happen. I will reroll all my characters.

I feel the same way but about Quaggans. Ever since I helped that Quaggan who wanted to be a pirate. My heart belongs to these Submersive creatures.

Their second angry form is like a cute mix between the hulk and kirby. I must have a Quaggan Mesmer!

Atrophis

Passed out so early last night. Missed the WvW and guild stuff :(

I want crabgrabber title but can't be arsed to play crab toss for hours tonight and tomorrow is E3 day. Boo.

Proven

Extensive tourny going on this afternoon. The early matches have been blowouts but they should get better. Give it an hour or so to move into the next round and check it out:

http://www.twitch.tv/towerdivetv

Bracket: http://binarybeast.com/xGW21305170

Absolute Legends/Team Sleepy is in the next round already.

Finals are just about to start: http://www.twitch.tv/towerdivetv

Tourny has been lack-luster, really only one good game. Most of the matches have been blowouts.

edit: they're going to do a 3rd place match first it seems.
Missed these. Give me a specific match to catch then, or I'll skim through them all after dinner. Thanks for the links.

jacket320

The first match between DPS My Wife IRL and SOAC Red in the semi-finals has really been the only close one all day and is probably worth a watch.

Also, the finals are looking to be worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom