• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fireworks event is only on the first weekend. Was about to say that I was gonna miss out on those helms since I'm out of town this weekend, but saw that it runs till 9am pdt on the 17th.

I want to see that mini colossus that you can get. If it's cool looking might try to get that maybe idk.

Thank gondor that there's an easier way to get dust now. I still need lots of ecto so kinda sucks for me atm but one day I'll be done with my ecto piling and can convert them :) Now if they'd just create a reasonable way to consistently acquire Charged cores/lodestones. Great news though! Haven't checked the notes yet, saving it for if GAF goes down again haha

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thank gondor that there's an easier way to get dust now. I still need lots of ecto so kinda sucks for me atm but one day I'll be done with my ecto piling and can convert them :) Now if they'd just create a reasonable way to consistently acquire Charged cores/lodestones. Great news though! Haven't checked the notes yet, saving it for if GAF goes down again haha
Least converting cores to lodestones is more practical/profitable again!

Retro

... is it safe to post again? 504 gurus, unscheduled scheduled maintenance... it's been a pretty rough few days for GAF... rougher for some than others, admittedly (sorry Microsoft fans, if there are any of you even left). So after tornadoes (an EF0 hit 3 miles away), GAF being down and Nintendo Direct being kind of not-so-good, it's just been one disaster after another. Time to take it out on some dragon bastards and guild chat, which will have to suffer all variety of innuendo related to 'bashing the dragon' for the next month. Sucks to be you.

Least converting cores to lodestones is more practical/profitable again!

Yeah that could really help if I could find a consistent way to gather cores. Price for them will likely go up now that dust is easier to acquire. Running CoE paths for a potential single core is not my idea of a reasonable way to acquire it.

Retro

Latest Update Notes:

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH

• Fixed a client crash during combat while transforming.

Living World
  • Dead players will no longer be left out when their team scores the win in Dragon Ball.
  • Tigg has become wise to attempts to rig his races! He has made the Moas more determined than ever to avoid this corruption!
  • Fixed a bug on the PvP version of the Dragon’s Jade weapons which disabled the upgrade slot.
  • The mystery Moa is now counted as part of The Winner’s Circle Achievement.
  • “Delete Me” Achievement Category has been… deleted.
  • Food consumables will no longer affect players in Dragon Ball.
  • Fixed an issue with Piñatas where players could interrupt each other and not get candy or achievement.
  • Fixed a bug where achievements were not being properly rewarded for activities.

WvW

• Fixed an error that prevented the World Ability Point reset from taking effect. Players with spent world ability points have had their points refunded.

9RKud7w.jpg
New medium armor, data mined.

New light armor as well.

Heavy male version here.
Female Human Heavy armor posted by irfaanator below.

... Damn you Rich Coffers and RNG gods >_>

Got my hairstyle kit and 7 Rich coffers and got nothing ... IDK why they even do this.

And as for the holograms ... it's funny really. Started out using my Warrior to get to them but I didn't know that they were so easy to kill and only spawns for everyone (unlike mining or the like). Warrior can eat through them like tissue ... when she gets there. Problem is my warrior is too slow to catch up in these stupid races to the hologram machines.

So I used my ele cause she's pretty damn fast. Try to track them down but for some reason the only ones I can find that are up for a good bit are in mob areas where shit easily gets outta hand and she's weak even though she's my only lev 80. Try going to the safe zone ones but people are just sitting there ... waiting. Once it's able to be popped a Warrior GS all of them to death before I can attack.

Decided to just level my warrior and not be bothered with the holograms. In the time it takes to get one of those to reset you could easily get more coffers from some random mobs.

GAF being down and Nintendo Direct being kind of not-so-good, it's just been one disaster after another.

Funnily enough, even though Nintendo had barely any new stuff, it's the stuff I'm most excited for. That new Monolith Soft "X" trailer, Megaman in Smash Bros, a new Wonderful 101 trailer, Bayonetta 2... I'm even one of the few people on Earth that actually looks forward to Super Mario 3D World (coop 3D Mario? Sign me in), but that's probably because I don't really think it's taking the slot of a Galaxy-styled main release.

I'll probably wait until at least 2014 to get a WiiU, but still, it looks promising. How I wish Sony's beastly consoles had Nintendo's exclusives...

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
New medium armor, data mined.

New light armor as well.

Heavy male version here.

Female Human Heavy armor posted by irfaanator below.

I would be all about the light armor if the chest piece wasn't so wonky. Maybe a vest instead?

I basically want a tie and vest.

Cels

the available achievements are terrible.

Light 100 fireworks, smash 150 pinatas, kill 300 holographic bad guys, eat 250 taffy...zzz boring.
Worst of all is the Moa Racing. You just sit there and watch some birds race and hope you get lucky. Players just staring out might not even have the bankroll required to participate.

Dragon Ball is all right, but overall I'd say the achievements are really grindy and not the quality I expect.

Complistic

the available achievements are terrible.

Light 100 fireworks, smash 150 pinatas, kill 300 holographic bad guys, eat 250 taffy...zzz boring.
Worst of all is the Moa Racing. You just sit there and watch some birds race and hope you get lucky. Players just staring out might not even have the bankroll required to participate.

Dragon Ball is all right, but overall I'd say the achievements are really grindy and not the quality I expect.

yeah, they're grindy if you try and knock them out within 24 hours of the update going live. Spread it out a little.

Retro

"Do X, N times" style achievements are uninspired, boring, and grindy regardless of whether you do them in a day or 30 days.

I have a feeling I'll walk past 150 pinatas before the end of the month. Likewise with fireworks and candy; I've already used a few to just goof off. I'm sure I'll end up close enough by the end of the month to just knock them both out quickly.

Yeah, it's uninspired, but grindy and boring? Only if you sit and do it all at once.

Agreed. Seems to me not so much of a grind if you don't try to get it first day. Although we are newer than most :)

By the way Retro, tornadoes your way? Scary stuff. After Oklahoma got the hammering it did, Roxie and I are glad to hear all is good your way. Busy storm season here in OK.

It really sucks being new to the game and not knowing 90% of the areas when something like this Dragon Bash comes out lol. Guess I will just run around Lion's Arch for a while and see what I find.

It will be midnight for the final Fireworks show where I am. With a 5:30am alarm I don't see myself getting those items. Though with how new I am I can't see it really mattering. I wonder if you have to talk to someone to view the show or just be around the area. If its the latter then I could probably just situate myself in the area and leave it running. Latest I can really be up is about 11pm. Not too sure what the inactive timeout is on GW2.

Dragon ball looks amazing. I've been a bit inactive in reading news this past week so I am only just reading up on all this now. Going to have a blast with this.

This game just keeps looking more amazing the more I continue to play. Very happy with my purchase.

EDIT: LOL 50 silver to bet on MOA Racing. I have like 8 silver right now(Level 10). Dammit.

It really sucks being new to the game and not knowing 90% of the areas when something like this Dragon Bash comes out lol. Guess I will just run around Lion's Arch for a while and see what I find.

As far as I know there's absolutely zero content that is exclusive to higher level areas; all of the off-LA content is present in at least one starter area, possibly more.

It will be midnight for the final Fireworks show where I am. With a 5:30am alarm I don't see myself getting those items.

Again to the extent of my knowledge, fireworks happen continuously every two hours for the entire weekend, and you should get the achievement/items watching any of the sessions. Can anyone confirm/correct?

Levyne

Banned
I'm with Cels. At some point I'm going to have to click a bunch of fireworks if I want shatterer wings...yay...

I didn't "make bank" but made some decent money today. And got the dust I needed without spending 80g. Thanks anet!

As far as I know there's absolutely zero content that is exclusive to higher level areas; all of the off-LA content is present in at least one starter area, possibly more.

Again to the extent of my knowledge, fireworks happen continuously every two hours for the entire weekend, and you should get the achievement/items watching any of the sessions. Can anyone confirm/correct?
I was referring more to not really knowing alot of the areas so when it says go here for this and this is located here, its just a blur to me. But, I get the fun of exploring and finding it all out at least. I only visted Lion's Arch for the first time the other night.

Unless I read incorrectly, the helms are rewarded for watching the final fireworks display. This is what I am referring too. Unless they are referring to every fireworks display as a Finale. I hope so.

EDIT: Yep, I am probably wrong. Awesome.

I was referring more to not really knowing alot of the areas so when it says go here for this and this is located here, its just a blur to me. But, I get the fun of exploring and finding it all out at least. I only visted Lion's Arch for the first time the other night.

Unless I read incorrectly, the helms are rewarded for watching the final fireworks display. This is what I am referring too. Unless they are referring to every fireworks display as a Finale. I hope so.

EDIT: Yep, I am probably wrong. Awesome.

They learned early on that the players do not like one-time only events. The last one-time only event that I'm aware they've done was a huge Karka event in November of last year that introduced the island of South Sun to the game. It was something like 5 hours long from start to finish and eventually the clients or servers or something couldn't handle the load and a bunch of people crashed and missed out on the finale boss fight. Anet ended up rewarding everyone who had taken part in any aspect of the event with loot.

Since then they've gone with repeatable finales, which while less epic in feel, are a lot smoother and satisfy a lot more people. So I don't think you'll ever have to worry about having to be online for one specific day and one specific time for anything that offers loot as a reward. I could totally be wrong in the future on this though.. but I just don't think it's likely.

jersoc

yea, do X times achievements are lazy. not just in guild wars, but any game that has them.

i like achievements that force me do something outside of my comfort zone in the game. or stuff that actually is an achievement. like beating dark souls!

Katoki

Looks like it's 10 achievements for the back piece wing skin reward. Only managed to get 6 achievements done today with two leftover for tomorrow being the win 20 Dragon Ball matches and play 20 matches.

LkPr

Looks like it's 10 achievements for the back piece wing skin reward. Only managed to get 6 achievements done today with two leftover for tomorrow being the win 20 Dragon Ball matches and play 20 matches.

(noob question) is the back piece wing you can get for the like 100,000 pcs of Candy the same as the one you get from the achievements?

Dragon ball is pretty fun. Will be much better once the power ups are memorized though. Less stopping to read what they do.

I've not tried the betting as I don't have the bank for it unfortunately.

For some reason I expected the pinatas to give more then just 1 candy.

Lunar15

Kind of a lame update, but I love the flavor. Dragon Ball is fun, "do something 100 times" achievements are not. Moa Racing is silly. Lion's Arch looks awesome. Made 9 gold yesterday from dragon bash related activities, so not all bad.

Problem is, I got Animal Crossing, which kind of fills my need for "grind for money so I can get new clothes game", for right now, so I'll probably be taking a little break from the game. Was a little burnt out anyway, but it's all good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I guess if you interpret the achievements as "what you're supposed to do when you log in this month" then yeah, it'll be incredibly boring and grindy and you'll also end up feeling like there were only "however many hours' worth" of content in the patch, because it'll only have taken you that amount of time to sit there and repetitively do everything until you "did Dragon Bash."

But it's the second day. ArenaNet is counting on the vast majority of people playing not to bother attempting it all at once (though plenty of people have obtained the 8 achievements you can already get, already... which seems nutso to me, but whatever). Better if you just "work at them" by smashing a few pinatas when you pass by them, playing some dragon ball between doing other stuff you were going to do anyway, killing some holo creatures in the open world, or just benefiting from the coffer drops throughout the game.

I surely understand you feel like you "have to" do the achievements to get the shiny backpiece, but it appears you need any 10 achievements out of the 14 available achievements and 5 of them are likely simple story missions we just can't do yet. Just waiting will save you from doing whichever 5 of the grindiest achievments you don't want to do, unless I'm totally misinterpreting the list.

And for those interested, the "so grindlike" Holographic Dragon Wings, the ones that cost 100k taffy, are 27G and dropping on the TP at the moment.

Whatever. You should all be more excited about the ticking mountain anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom