• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... I didn't think you'd actually do it... you monster.
Gratz on the wings

lol, thanks!

I think I may have a lucky Warrior.

Not only does she get Unidentified Dye drops all the time with zero MF, she's also the first character of mine to get an awesome weapon drop worth 1+ gold (A Great Sword at that, gonna keep transmuting it upward) and now she got me these WINGS!
Michonne ... not only a bad ass Walking Dead Ninja but also a VERY lucky GW2 toon lol!

Like I said in chat, I have no reason to keep this candy now so I'm gonna keep collecting them and give them away to someone in the guild who is trying to grind them for the wings. That is, IF anyone is taking on the task of trying to buy those with candy. That's cray cray high :/

Dragon Bash is the first event I've participated in, does anyone have any suggestions or tips I should take heed of, in order to get all the achievements? I particularly want a pair of the wings. :) I'm not sure at my level (19) I'll be able to get them though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Welcome to GAFGuild!

You should definitely be able to get a pair of the Shattered Wings, for which you need any 10 achievements, over the course of the month. Lots of the stuff is totally non-dependent on level.

Dragon Bash is the first event I've participated in, does anyone have any suggestions or tips I should take heed of, in order to get all the achievements? I particularly want a pair of the wings. :) I'm not sure at my level (19) I'll be able to get them though.

I am attempting it at Level 10 whilst still figuring out the game so we can struggle together!

Welcome to GAFGuild!

You should definitely be able to get a pair of the Shattered Wings, for which you need any 10 achievements, over the course of the month. Lots of the stuff is totally non-dependent on level.

I am attempting it at Level 10 whilst still figuring out the game so we can struggle together!

Thanks guys! I'm currently working on destroying 150 Pinatas. 38 down... Definitely be happy to struggle with you Stephen. Good to know I'm not the only one doing so.

Levyne

Banned
Found a nice helpful holo zerg in my travels today. Waiting for stragglers, goofing off, jokes, general positive attitudes and helpful nature off while following a path with little down time and minimal waypoint costs. Only bummer is that the gold accumulated a bit slower today :(

Wish the pinata smashing had something...more to it. We've talked about the kill x holos or eat y candy things already...but this is the one that truly feels like a chore

Yeah I know, not REQUIRED....meh

rock the dragon

go blackhawks

Edit: Oh, uh, top of page. Um. I feel I need something of substance here.

Sky Pirates!?

th

2570.Or-my-name_2700_s-not-Balthier.jpeg

JosetteCapua.jpg

I am yet to fight any minions or activate any projectors. Getting confused lol.

Slowly smacking pinatas whilst playing the game as I normally would though. Up to 30 now lol

EDIT: Found first projector.

Starting to get a build up of weapons, most of which I won't use. What's the best thing to do with them? I tried to mystic forge twice. Not sure if what I got out of it is worth sacrificing 4 weapons but I can't use them yet anyway, level restriction.

Slowly smacking pinatas whilst playing the game as I normally would though. Up to 30 now lol

Starting to get a build up of weapons, most of which I won't use. What's the best thing to do with them? I tried to mystic forge twice. Not sure if what I got out of it is worth sacrificing 4 weapons but I can't use them yet anyway, level restriction.

I tried piñatas in LA and that got old fast so I just been doing dailies, and bosses most seem to drop candy at some point. The holos are helpful but with other ppl in the area you have to get there fast. Higher levels is where I have my luck.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Unless you can use them, you'll want to sell those weapons either on the trading post or to a merchant, or salvage them for crafting materials (which you can either sell on the trading post or use).

Unless you can use them, you'll want to sell those weapons either on the trading post or to a merchant, or salvage them for crafting materials (which you can either sell on the trading post or use).

I will check out the trading post, thanks. They are still pretty low level but worth a shot.

I'm on 68 Pinatas. Losing interest fast, but I want/need that achievement for the Shattered Dragon Wings. Consuming candy in tandem and jumping into Dragon Ball matches to change it up a little while Pinatas respawn. I need 10 more wins to be done with them.

Retro

The mystic forge is more affectionately known as the "Mystic Toilet" because the chances are usually good that you'll just be flushing money down the drain. It's a cool feature, but unless the recipe is guaranteed (and there are a few) it's not always a great idea. This thread has quite a few "God damn it, I just flushed 100g down the toilet"-type posts, let them serve as a warning. When it works, it's great, but it doesn't always work, so... take that as you will.

If you're just starting out, try using salvage kits (basic will do), as that will give you an influx of crafting materials to use (which is a nice way to level, getting a crafting profession up to 400 = 10 levels).

Later on, when materials aren't quite so important, most people tend to vendor blues and greens they don't want, selling yellows on the TP or breaking them down for Globs of Ectoplasm (a high level crafting material salvaged from level 75+ items). Whites are generally salvaged for crafting material. Sell your yellows first and if you notice any blue or green weapons that are trading higher (Berserker items almost always do, as do certain skins like the Charr "Steam" and Human "Krytan" skins.

I'm on 68 Pinatas. Losing interest fast, but I want/need that achievement for the Shattered Dragon Wings. Consuming candy in tandem and jumping into Dragon Ball matches to change it up a little while Pinatas respawn. I need 10 more wins to be done with them.

You've got until July 9th, so there's no hurry. If you're passing through Lion's Arch, bash a few of them and eventually you'll get there (or at least close enough to quickly finish them off).

I also think there might be a way to get greater volumes of candy coming in the second June update (preview next Tuesday, lands on the 25th). No insider information on this one, just a sneaking suspicion. 100,000 candy seems a little too extreme.

I am just continuing playing like I normally would and I am getting heaps of coffers which is then boosting my candy like crazy. And whenever I see a pinata whilst running around I just make a point to go hit it, then continue on. Easily gonna have it all covered over a week, two at the most. I suggest doing the same, rather then just focusing on finding the pinatas and that's it. That would be boring. In an hour of play I got my dailies done, probably around 20 more pinatas, 70ish candy, and a story mission complete :)

The mystic forge is more affectionately known as the "Mystic Toilet" because the chances are usually good that you'll just be flushing money down the drain. It's a cool feature, but unless the recipe is guaranteed (and there are a few) it's not always a great idea. This thread has quite a few "God damn it, I just flushed 100g down the toilet"-type posts, let them serve as a warning. When it works, it's great, but it doesn't always work, so... take that as you will.

If you're just starting out, try using salvage kits (basic will do), as that will give you an influx of crafting materials to use (which is a nice way to level, getting a crafting profession up to 400 = 10 levels).

Later on, when materials aren't quite so important, most people tend to vendor blues and greens they don't want, selling yellows on the TP or breaking them down for Globs of Ectoplasm (a high level crafting material salvaged from level 75+ items). Whites are generally salvaged for crafting material. Sell your yellows first and if you notice any blue or green weapons that are trading higher (Berserker items almost always do, as do certain skins like the Charr "Steam" and Human "Krytan" skins.

Thanks. I bought some basic salvage kits as I have a stack of karma i'm not using from completing dailies. I will roll with that for now as crafting materials is definitely something I need. Didn't even have the stuff to craft an 8 slot bag lol. Tried crafting some armor not long ago and realized I had almost nothing for that too.

Think tomorrow after work I will work on getting 100% completion for the level 1-15 area.

Are they going to add more activities to this event over time? One of the first events that I've really wanted/liked the weapon skins and the grinding is just killing me with boredom. They plan on expanding this?

Retro

Thanks. I bought some basic salvage kits as I have a stack of karma i'm not using from completing dailies. I will roll with that for now as crafting materials is definitely something I need. Didn't even have the stuff to craft an 8 slot bag lol. Tried crafting some armor not long ago and realized I had almost nothing for that too.

Think tomorrow after work I will work on getting 100% completion for the level 1-15 area.

You can grab Basic Salvage kits from vendors too, for 88c. Not that you need to hoard karma, just that the vendors who sell them for coin are much more common.

The thing with crafting is that you need basic crafting material (Metal, leather, cloth), a vendor item (stuff like Tin ore, spools of thread, etc.) and a 'Fine' crafting material (Blood, bone shard, scales, etc.). So you really need to kill a variety of stuff to get all your materials, unless you want to buy them (and the mid-range tiers get expensive).

Are they going to add more activities to this event over time? One of the first events that I've really wanted/liked the weapon skins and the grinding is just killing me with boredom. They plan on expanding this?

The next update goes live on the 25th, the preview should be up next tuesday. They have a preview image up for it on their site, but there's a bigger, unedited version floating around which you can see here. Spoilering this stuff just in case folks don't want to see it;

They've also data-mined the sword (Very rapier-looking) and pistol (a revolver, has steam shooting from it and the chamber spins) she's holding. The new "Rock Formation" in Gendaran is ticking, and some people have glitched themselves to be able to look through and have found what appears to be an Inquest base and an airship inside. The background of that image also seems to have an airship in it, so people are thinking Sky Pirates are going to crash the festival. There's pictures on the last page of Steampunk-esque armor sets and the (DELETE ME!) leak mentioned something called "Aetherblade Caches". Since that image of the pirate woman is used for the next update on their releases page it seems pretty clear that stuff is coming next.

So something is definitely coming. I think their pattern is to release the basic part of the month's theme in the first update, then hammer it home with the more exciting content in the second.

Ceres

Banned

Pick up some salvage kits and turn the low level weapons you don't need into crafting material. You're not going to get much out of the mystic forge except a slightly higher level weapon until you get to higher levels. Also note, that if you forge a level 10 axe with a 3 level 20 axes, you'll probably end up with an axe below level 20.
I usually find that the best way to get armors or weapons as I level is to grab them from the karma vendors in forts or the renown hearts.

Taffer

I'm thinking there'll be a way of earning massive amounts of candy as well, farming holos earns me about 250 an hour, 4000 hours of farming seems a tad excessive. Don't forget the SAB skins as well, farming baubles for them seemed to be a full-time job until people realized bauble bobbles dropped from the boss chests in SAB so maybe jorbreakers will be attainable without cashing in zhaitaffy.

Retro

I'm thinking there'll be a way of earning massive amounts of candy as well, farming holos earns me about 250 an hour, 4000 hours of farming seems a tad excessive. Don't forget the SAB skins as well, farming baubles for them seemed to be a full-time job until people realized bauble bobbles dropped from the boss chests in SAB so maybe jorbreakers will be attainable without cashing in zhaitaffy.

That's actually a good point. If they add some kind of temporary dungeon or something, maybe the bosses in there drop Jorbreakers. You'd still need 100 of them, but if the dungeon mobs drop gobs of candy too, and coffers (dungeon mobs drop them, by the way) then you could be drowning in the stuff.

The 100,000 seems insane, even if you view ArenaNet in the most sadistic light. I think we've got half the picture here and anybody who's rushing to get their stuff is only going to burn themselves out before the party really begins.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
More achievements that are probably ludicrously easy to complete are coming.
I am just continuing playing like I normally would and I am getting heaps of coffers which is then boosting my candy like crazy. And whenever I see a pinata whilst running around I just make a point to go hit it, then continue on. Easily gonna have it all covered over a week, two at the most. I suggest doing the same, rather then just focusing on finding the pinatas and that's it. That would be boring.
I love you a little bit.
The next update goes live on the 25th, the preview should be up next tuesday.
Just to clarify, that's another full-fledged "release" (patch, new build, whatever you like) on the 25th, but more "stuffs" are coming starting tomorrow night when you can watch the fireworks show and get your dragon helm, and Tuesday for the Effigy Lighting ceremony which apparently you don't wanna miss.
What grinding are you referring to re: the weapon skins?

Arcteryx

If you still have overflow, just re-log/switch characters. I finished the pinatas and fireworks in ~20 minutes by swapping and having a "run" planned out.

Anno

There's also a monthly achievement for
Salvaging here on June, so I would go that route until you complete that. Completing even parts of your monthly at a low level is a lot of XP, and finishing it entirely yields loads of karma, XP and 50 silver, a nice little
prize for any level.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There's also a monthly achievement for
Salvaging here on June, so I would go that route until you complete that. Completing even parts of your monthly at a low level is a lot of XP, and finishing it entirely yields loads of karma, XP and 50 silver, a nice little
prize for any level.
Didn't even catch that was part of the monthy, good lookin out.

My recommendation, as a rule of thumb (this goes as well for level 1 as for level 80):
Salvage Whites and cheaper Blues.
Vendor more expensive Blues and Greens.
Sell Yellows in the Trading Post.

If you want more materials or are working on a savlage achievement, salvage all Blues. Do not use the Mystic Forge, it's a source of frustration. It's called the Mystic Toilet for a reason. :p

jersoc

now that you mention it, this really does make sense. i hope it's true too.

Holy crap I'm going to have to find an alternative to holos. There are dagger eles that literally port from point to point and one shot the entire group of holos before you can get within range to attack. They were ass holes too because they would always see us running up from the opposite side and it was almost like they purposely tried to kill them before we could get there which would have only taken maybe 2-5 more seconds tops.

My recommendation, as a rule of thumb (this goes as well for level 1 as for level 80):
Salvage Whites and cheaper Blues.
Vendor more expensive Blues and Greens.
Sell Yellows in the Trading Post.

If you want more materials or are working on a savlage achievement, salvage all Blues. Do not use the Mystic Forge, it's a source of frustration. It's called the Mystic Toilet for a reason. :p

This is pretty much what I do as well.

Can't sell rares on TP, gotta salvage it for ecto! ha

I salvage all whites and blues (get ori, goss, and ancient wood from blues).

Sell greens to vendor after I decided toilet was ripping me off too much attempting to get rares and TP rarely gets you more than vendor.

Salvage Rares for ecto.

Sell Exotics on TP as you're bound to get enough money to buy multiple ecto so doesn't make sense to salvage (except for drops in Fractals that are soul or account bound).

Can't sell rares on TP, gotta salvage it for ecto! ha

I salvage all whites and blues (get ori, goss, and ancient wood from blues).

Sell greens to vendor after I decided toilet was ripping me off too much attempting to get rares and TP rarely gets you more than vendor.

Salvage Rares for ecto.

Sell Exotics on TP as you're bound to get enough money to buy multiple ecto so doesn't make sense to salvage (except for drops in Fractals that are soul or account bound).

I hate any and all random components so I never salvage rares. To give an idea of my luck, after not salvaging any for like four months or more, I decided a few days ago to salvage five of them just to try... you remember that bug that hit one day for like a few hours, making most rare salvage yield 0 ectos? Yeah, that was 5 rares down the drain.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna host Guild Missions at around 6:00PM ET, a little earlier than scheduled- please hop on if you'd like to participate.

I hate any and all random components so I never salvage rares. To give an idea of my luck, after not salvaging any for like four months or more, I decided a few days ago to salvage five of them just to try... you remember that bug that hit one day for like a few hours, making most rare salvage yield 0 ectos? Yeah, that was 5 rares down the drain.

You didn't get any from 5? :( Sorry man, that's shitty. Stupid RNG. Collecting ecto is my main goal right now for the most part so I'm warping between world events for those rares. I need to start doing CoF runs and using tokens on the cheap armor for it but haven't been motivated to grind.

swnny

Tomorrow at 5:30 PM PDT, Mist League will be playing against some of ArenaNet's PvP developers. :)
On the ArenaNet team we will have:

Jonathan Sharp – Design Lead
Karl McLain – Skills and Balance Designer
Hugh Norfolk – WvW Designer
Tyler Chapman – PvP Principle QA
Roy Cronacher – Skills and Balance Designer
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/events/Mist-League-Vs-ArenaNet

It will be interesting to see what builds will be used by the devs. And they have to participate in such events more often...

Katoki

0 of 5 rates is a normal thing for me using mystic salvage kits (because the stack is bigger). The most I've run dry on was about 9-10 rares but I'll usually end up back at 1:1 afterwards since it is a matter of balancing all the times I got 3's from a single rare.

I hope the Effigy show is a repeated event also.

9 hours of work to go and then its the weekend here. Hopefully get a lot of time in this weekend as I am resting up before moving house next week. Aiming to get my first 100% map completion for the level 1-15 areas, win a few rounds of Dragon Ball and probably do some story missions. Hopefully I don't forget the fireworks show which starts tomorrow sometime for me. 15hours ahead of PDT I believe here.

Complistic

get the upgrade for your 1 attack as soon as possible. There's 4 of them in each corner of the map. I also like to put my 1 on auto attack at the start of each map.

I find the reflect fucking amazing to do.
Definitely this. Especially if you have the level 2 auto attack. Just drop it, stand still and aim. Roll out when its over.

I have only won one game but mostly due to balancing of teams is frikkin impossible for a temporary game with no record of stats or anything. Only played 6 games total so far though.

Cels

Dragon Ball is fun.

Like other people said, upgrade your 1 skill ASAP. There are 4 on the map, one in each corner at the end of the tunnels (where there are 2 +15 life pickups and a little pad to jump out)
5 skill is also important, it's at the joint between each pair of tunnels. Put it down when enemies are close and won't be able to react. If they are spamming their 1 skill they'll go down quickly.
In the middle of the map there are two powerups, a damage one on the lower level on the rock, and an invisibility one on the top level that you need to use the launch pads to get to.

Otherwise just roam with your team and hope you don't have any AFKers on your team. I'm really surprised anet hasn't put anything in GW2 like the Dishonorable system in GW1. It's like they don't think AFKing is an issue in pvp.

You can switch teams to increase your chance of winning. Open your scoreboard, there should be a button on the upper right to switch sides. Obviously you have to play a match or two with the same people to figure out who's good.

I've played 3 games of dragon ball. Every time I joined late, and ended up being the leader of my team. Losses of course. A system that matches teams better, balances teams would be nice. But I don't see that happening.

Ceres

Banned
when you're low on health, collect the blue glowy thingies to regen it. they're usually in the tunnels and a few on the ground area

I had a team almost with a flawless victory but I got a lag spike and died when we were at 480 - 0 :(

Dragon Ball was fun. I was constantly getting the top score player. It seems like I do extremely well in these special PvP events. I always got first in the Crab Toss, Wintersday Present Thing, and that Halloween Thing. I'm thinking of trying out the real PvP but I'm a bit frightened by the whole thing. If I did well in those special PvP arenas, would I do fine in the real thing?

The pinatas and holograms are a step up from the other events. Those things guarantee loot unlike "carving pumpkins" and "building snowmen".

I also somehow got the "Big Boom in the Sky" achievement when I ported within the city. I reported it as a bug. Has this happened to anyone else?

Proven

Basically, it looks like anything that's below a certain XvX amount they don't want to put auto-balancing or team scrambling in. It's just like the solo queue system which has the same exact problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom