• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does this not effect anyone else but me?
report it, I'm sure you're not the only one

iRsr9OrWlrqzy.gif

ivRVlSwqpNxT6.gif
ijrKEsRPip1Pm.gif

Levyne

Banned
Shouldn't since it's a hero panel achievement reward, which is across the account. Plus it wouldn't make sense to give you the three versions otherwise

Sorry Zero Swordbreaker. My internet disconnected right as I mentioned I had bought the packs.

isn't reconnecting either, just rang my ISP and its an "unexpected outage" effecting heaps of people. Guess I won't be there for the first fire works display. Not that its a big deal.
No worries man, the game mentioned you were offline as I sent the message, so I figured you got disconnected. Anyway I hope you enjoy the game and just ask any of us who are online if you have any questions or just post here.lol

Island

Shouldn't since it's a hero panel achievement reward, which is across the account. Plus it wouldn't make sense to give you the three versions otherwise

Can someone explain how these helms (and other cosmetic stuff) works? Like if I use the medium dragon helm thing on my helmet is it gone for good? Should I save it for higher level gear? Or is it unlimited uses?

Can someone explain how these helms (and other cosmetic stuff) works? Like if I use the medium dragon helm thing on my helmet is it gone for good? Should I save it for higher level gear? Or is it unlimited uses?

Once it's used on the item the look can only be transferred again using a Transformation Stone (is that the new name for them?). So you can carry that look to new gear in the future, you just have to use a separate item for it.

Katoki

Transmutation, since you asked.

What he didn't mention is to keep in mind that fine transmutation stones are used for level 80 items. Regular ones can easily be acquired through map completion, especially those for capital cities.

i'm convinced the skins don't exist. have farmed and opened well over 400 coffers with nothing so far. that's fucking insane.

now the holos got buffed and more of a pain in the ass.

RNG gods finally smiled at me. I got one after 50 coffers and one after 12 rich coffers. And thus my jade axe and shield shall be mine. Not a huge fan of farming or the dragon wings for that matter, so no cheevo grinding for me this time. Plus need to finish up The Last of Us (awesome game btw!) so I don't have to worry about spoilers.

Did NOT think I would get another Holowings Drop ... Was actually looking into buying a 2nd pair to either use on my OTHER Khaleesi - themed character (Daenerys Breaker ... but she's a Dark-chocolate guardian norn with White Hair.) or to sell months down the line or give away to a friend.

But apparently both my Mesmer and Warrior are lucky. Too bad neither can get a Jade Ticket :[

Hopefully This stack of coffers I ordered can yield some results. Figured I could atleast use the candy to buy food seeing as they're not too bad and one gives a decent bit of MF.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A+ Fever guys. I'm really liking the new puzzle, but feel really bad for the people who didn't make it because the DH train kept on a'rollin. We'll have to figure out the minimum completion threshold just like we have for the others. :)

Really dug dat bounty, good stuff
Plus need to finish up The Last of Us (awesome game btw!) so I don't have to worry about spoilers.
I'm about 4 hours in and about to dive back with the lights out and the volume up. it's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Levyne

Banned
Good to hear so many people getting their tickets/wings so far. And it's still not the end of the first week of the bash so hopefully everyone who wants them gets lots more chances.

I loved the new puzzle, but the situation wasn't the most ideal.

The 3 guild challenge was a nice spectacle.

Katoki

The three-guild challenge was definitely nice since it completely eliminated the chance for failure. It was nice that we got the puzzle this time but I can safely assume that none of us really got the full experience since we were just along for the ride with DH, even though it was our puzzle.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The three-guild challenge was definitely nice since it completely eliminated the chance for failure. It was nice that we got the puzzle this time but I can safely assume that none of us really got the full experience since we were just along for the ride with DH, even though it was our puzzle.
For the puzzle, what's cool is that we (or at least I personally) got enough of an impression of how to do everything that I can guide people next time, but not so much as to trivialize it because we still don't know the most efficient ways/how-to-get-by-with-as-few-people-as-possible tricks, a la proxemics

The challenge was a breeze. Another guild never hurts. For the puzzle I was jumping seats helping Roxie (I don't blame her, we really need to upgrade her keyboard and mouse. Dell...) Bounties are fun and my favorite. And the quaggan rush has shortly become my favorite too.

Thanks to all guild members who showed up, helped out, maybe healed us once or twice :)

Good to hear so many people getting their tickets/wings so far. And it's still not the end of the first week of the bash so hopefully everyone who wants them gets lots more chances.

Yeah, and at the very least the Wings price is dropping like a stone. Actually around 16g the last I checked. Hopefully the people who want them jump on this before those few with like a 1000g+ decide that they're gonna snatch them up to be horded until months later so that they can have the market on wings cornered.

It really annoyed me when they did that to the SAB skins :/

For the geyser rocks part in that puzzle I presume we actually need more people on the floor plugging rocks in a staggered fashion?

Levyne

Banned
Well, they used to be that way...a rather meaningless change to stone and crystal and no fine prefix. I mean, they do that now with Fractal Relic and Pristine Fractal Relic...the old way was definitely clearer.

Katoki

I actually can't reply to that because as I said, we were mostly along for the ride. At best we only got the gist of what was going on but we'll find out next time if we don't get stacked again.

Once again, dungeon guilt for me. Felt like a screwed everyone.

Other than generally getting better at the game, I'm open for suggestions on how I can make my ele better. I'm open for advice. I just don't want to be "that guy" that everyone avoids. :(

Thank you.

xeris

Other than generally getting better at the game, I'm open for suggestions on how I can make my ele better. I'm open for advice. I just don't want to be "that guy" that everyone avoids. :(

Thank you.

Don't think it was just you tonight. My head was sorta in the clouds for a bunch of reasons and I probably shouldn't have gone.

I think I'm gonna have to let go of my ele.

I simply don't find that class as fun or engaging as Warrior/ Mesmer/ Thief and maybe even Guardian (only have one at level 2 but she seems pretty fun, we shall see once I start leveling her).

And plus, she seems to have horrible luck. My young-ish Warrior and Baby Mesmer find pretty good stuff for their levels ... yet the ele finds nothing in all her Jormag battles (and she's the only toon I have with MF!)

IDK, gonna have to think about that once my warrior gets to level 80. Think it might be best to just hold onto her incase they release some awesome patch that makes that class more appealing to me (or a class change pass).

Thank you.

I'd have to run a dungeon with you to give advice/corrections :). Still, the very facts that you a) realize there's room for improvement, and b) actively seek advice, puts you above 99% of most MMO players. :)

If we ever group together for dungeons, remind me before we go in that I keep an eye on you, and that I give you advice afterward; I'll be more than glad.

Saprol

Recently got back into the game. First character to lv80 and joined some friends in a few CoE runs. Whiffing too many Subject Alpha dodges. Feels bad. :<

Does anybody have gear recommendations for PvE/WvW Thieves? Full Berserker seems ultra squishy. Valkyrie armour looks okay but it probably isn't the first exotic 80 set I can scrounge up because it's craft-only rather than available through dungeon tokens. I was thinking Soldier or Knight armour with Berserker weapon/trinkets.

95% completion for Wayferer Foothills. Cant find that last 5% though -.-

EDIT: 100%. Hmmm what now. Might go visit another starting area. Get another few levels under my belt before going the 15-25 areas.

Recently got back into the game. First character to lv80 and joined some friends in a few CoE runs. Whiffing too many Subject Alpha dodges. Feels bad. :<

Does anybody have gear recommendations for PvE/WvW Thieves? Full Berserker seems ultra squishy. Valkyrie armour looks okay but it probably isn't the first exotic 80 set I can scrounge up because it's craft-only rather than available through dungeon tokens. I was thinking Soldier or Knight armour with Berserker weapon/trinkets.
Generally, it's best to go Berserker with amulets, accessories, the jewels set in *all* your trinkets, 1 handed weapons, gloves, boots, and shoulder armor.

Then go with knights and/or soldiers for your other gear.

It mostly comes down to the fact that certain pieces of equipment give a lot of crit damage relative to another stat you'd have gotten from a different item.

NAPK1NS

So, uh. Guild Wars 2 newb here and I'm wondering about two things:

1) I'm seeing there's separate weapon sets for PvE and PvP. When I enter the mists I can't find a vendor who will sell me new gear though. Also, is there a separate currency outside of the regular copper/silver etc. in PvE?

2) is there a GAF Guild?

Tanks. Pardon the ignorance.

1) I'm seeing there's separate weapon sets for PvE and PvP. When I enter the mists I can't find a vendor who will sell me new gear though. Also, is there a separate currency outside of the regular copper/silver etc. in PvE?
There are glory vendors in the heart of the mists that sell skin upgrades for your equipment. You buy those with glory (gained by doing pvp). If you are just looking for different stats on weapons/etc, then the item merchants are what you're looking for. They're up the flight of stairs directly to the right of you when you enter the mists. They provide all equipment at no cost with any stat distribution currently allowed in PvP. It'll be kinda ugly, but you'll not suffer mechanically.

In PvE, there are a few currencies. Coins, karma, Commendations, and Laurels. Only coins can be traded, though.
Karma can be used to obtain equipment, certain crafting materials, and jewel boxes (gives coins+possible minis/lodestones).
Laurels are used primarily for acquiring ascended trinkets and infusions.
Commendations can be used for ascended accessories, exotic guild weapons, and some other assorted goodies.

2) is there a GAF Guild?
Yes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes, he says.

Of course there is a grand and mighty GAF guild. Our exploits echo wide across the fields of Stormbluff Isle and you are officially required to join up, Napkins. Post your Account.#### here and we'll get you squared away.

Hey, guys. Sorry I wasn't in on Guild Missions this weekend. Was in the Realm Reborn beta. Shaping up well. It and Guild Wars 2 will probably keep my MMO itch satisfied for a good while.

Has there been any word on what's happening after Dragon Bash? I'd love to see some permanent content added. Random question though, because I'm curious on some opinions though. I didn't get the chance to do the Molten Factory or the Canach instances. Was there any marked improvement on those when compared to the vanilla dungeons? I like the vanilla dungeons, but the boss fights and some of the encounters can get pretty tiresome.

Ceres

Banned
I think I'm gonna have to let go of my ele.

I simply don't find that class as fun or engaging as Warrior/ Mesmer/ Thief and maybe even Guardian (only have one at level 2 but she seems pretty fun, we shall see once I start leveling her).

And plus, she seems to have horrible luck. My young-ish Warrior and Baby Mesmer find pretty good stuff for their levels ... yet the ele finds nothing in all her Jormag battles (and she's the only toon I have with MF!)

IDK, gonna have to think about that once my warrior gets to level 80. Think it might be best to just hold onto her incase they release some awesome patch that makes that class more appealing to me (or a class change pass).

Jormag has always been the worst boss for me in terms of rare drops. I've maybe twice gotten more than one rare and they're usually just armor. I find maw to be the most rewarding. I regularly get 3 rares from that with the boss chest and bonus chest. I've even had more rare drops from the guys around golem waiting for or during the pre-event
For such a long event comparitivly, I usually just skip out on jormag these days, especially if something else is going on.

---
Unrelated, I got an exotic from the wvw rank chests yesterday. First time I got a non masterwork. Was an underwater weapon tho. Salvaged it for 2 ectos and a superior sigil that itself was worth more than the weapon on the tp. Kind of seems like a good way to make money if you can get an expensive sigil and some ectos from cheaper underwater exotics.

Katoki

Generally, it's best to go Berserker with amulets, accessories, the jewels set in *all* your trinkets, 1 handed weapons, gloves, boots, and shoulder armor.

Then go with knights and/or soldiers for your other gear.

It mostly comes down to the fact that certain pieces of equipment give a lot of crit damage relative to another stat you'd have gotten from a different item.

When it comes to newer players, I'd say it's safe to start working towards all berserker accessories and use whatever they think they need most for the armor set stats while not using berserker weapons if necessary. This gives them a bit more leeway to find that sweet spot where they're comfortable with the berserker to whatever other stat ratio they want.

However, the goal is full berserker armor, accessories, and weapons though guys.

Edit: I personally have a soldiers chest piece (there's no real reason to re-transmute since soldiers is good too but it gives up critical damage when you go with the hidden killer grand master trait) with a helm, shoulders and leggings that are of the valkyrie stat array and beryl orbs instead of runes on the side for WvW. Unless you're totally comfortable with the notion of dying a lot to something random or being caught, the valkyrie gives you A LOT of leeway in WvW.

Has ANet ever said anything about turning Transmutation Stones into something that isn't worthless once you hit 80? Like currency for something better, or a refinement?

Tomas

Banned
500+ Regular and 10 Rich Coffers in... Like 6 or 7 Pets, but no ticket on sight... Whatever, Jade weapons don't even look fancy enough.

Anno

Ran WvW for the first time really today, maybe 4 hours. Great fun if you find a good commander, even if we are outgunned at most every time. After a couple large ZvZ fights I found that it's best to just rush the other group, they usually break. Me and like 5 other guardians just leapt/teleported into some huge group all at once and just wrecked, it was awesome. Will certainly play this more and more between getting my Dragon Bash cheevos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom