• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

I thought it was WhiskeyVodkaWHINE Hammah Time? I'm tempted to run havoc with an axe/? BM build with a hammer warrior as the backbone to see how that goes.

Katoki

Whatever it is...you...are also uninvited.

That's cool. Don't need no warrior that can't stealth crampin' mah style of induced frustrated arm flailing, flame shootin', an' AoE droppin' madness.

They really do that... then they give up after the next stab because they realize it's futile without superior numbers.

Katoki

Now they're going to find us and hunt us down with the masses of "it's F2P so deal with it because I need my end-game content grindzz!"

Run for (the) hills!

Retro

#Friendsofluftar

Retro used PR.

It's super effective!*

*Pending

Eh, that's just the truth, not PR. Having a bug fix team does not mean you can't have a content development team. This is not an either/or situation and the guy saying "The game is F2P, accept it" is just being an asshat. Remember, ArenaNet has commented in the past how the Official Forums are generally composed of the same 100 or so accounts just sort of running the place and drowning everyone else out. Official Forums are always a vocal minority and the absolute worst place to judge a game's community. Even in-game Barrens Chat was never as bad as the WoW Forums.

Well that escalated quickly. Glad you got some backup over there. And I'm reminded why I hate official forums for most games.

Psh, that's not ugly. This guy can at least string a sentence together. Wait until the heathens show up.

Jira

Ah, last one of those was around SAB I believe. Was there a dev comment?

Hmm well if guesting isn't an option... you could always play just to get a feel for things and then delete all your characters if you have to :p

Yeah they increased pops a day or so before the patch and a dev did comment on it over on reddit.

Katoki

It ended at noon today? Why would they do that? :( Not sure if there is another achievement I'd be willing to do in it's place. Will have to check tonight.

If anything it'll have to be one of the story sounding ones that aren't unlocked yet if that's the case but there's plenty of opportunity there. This round of stuff when all completed is only worth half of the total on top for the wings.

If anything it'll have to be one of the story sounding ones that aren't unlocked yet if that's the case but there's plenty of opportunity there. This round of stuff when all completed is only worth half of the total on top for the wings.

I think I remember counting 5 story missions and then I was counting on this, candy, talking to delegates, setting off fireworks, and bashing pinatas making up the other five. There's the hologram one but the number is ridiculous and everyone camps them so I was hoping to avoid that. Dragonball is a mess due to the game allowing uneven teams. This firework was the way out :|

Levyne

Banned
Dragon Ball doesn't count anyway.

Holograms are left alone for significantly longer now too. I mean, 300 may still be boring but there's a substitute.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't get the "holograms can't really be done" bit at ALL. They are in like a billion zones give or take, you can find an empty one and do them alone, roam with a small group or whatever you like. I think I have 170 or so and there's like 3 weeks of time left.
It ended at noon today? Why would they do that? :( Not sure if there is another achievement I'd be willing to do in it's place. Will have to check tonight.
It was like every 2 hours for the whole weekend, and they announced it way back :( Sorry you missed out but you can definitely still obtain the shattered wings by July 9th if you want to.

I don't get the "holograms can't really be done" bit at ALL. They are in like a billion zones give or take, you can find an empty one and do them alone, roam with a small group or whatever you like. I think I have 170 or so and there's like 3 weeks of time left.
I think that people leave them alone now either because they gave up on getting a ticket or because the Drop Rate for Coffers has taken a nose dive.

The first day of the event, I was getting coffers left and right. from holos and from reg mobs. Now ... not so much. Hell, it's become more normal for me to get NO coffers than to get anything more than 1 or 2. Making the holos stranger + lowering the coffer drops all around + this BS RNG for the tickets = not much interest in the holo-nodes I guess.

It was like every 2 hours for the whole weekend, and they announced it way back :( Sorry you missed out but you can definitely still obtain the shattered wings by July 9th if you want to.

My experience has been people teleporting between WP's and one shotting the group before you get close enough, or else they are camping there and you see them activate it and wipe everything before you get close enough. Rather frustrating. That was before this weekend though, maybe all those people knocked out the achievement by now and I'll actually have a chance.

It doesn't matter how far back they announced it, this was Father's Day weekend, many people go out of town to visit their father...Seems like a pretty large oversight to me. If I can get the hologram, I should still be able to do it but that's a time sink in low level zones with no other incentive to go there and the firework viewing was not. Squall is displeased! ;P

Ceres

Banned
My experience has been people teleporting between WP's and one shotting the group before you get close enough, or else they are camping there and you see them activate it and wipe everything before you get close enough. Rather frustrating. That was before this weekend though, maybe all those people knocked out the achievement by now and I'll actually have a chance.

It doesn't matter how far back they announced it, this was Father's Day weekend, many people go out of town to visit their father...Seems like a pretty large oversight to me. If I can get the hologram, I should still be able to do it but that's a time sink in low level zones with no other incentive to go there and the firework viewing was not. Squall is displeased! ;P

They "fixed" the holograms a bit. They aren't immediately killable (they're invulnerable until they span out) so you can't just AOE/trap the center and kill them in 2sec. Plus I think they may have buffed them a little.

They "fixed" the holograms a bit. They aren't immediately killable (they're invulnerable until they span out) so you can't just AOE/trap the center and kill them in 2sec. Plus I think they may have buffed them a little.

Sounds good, hope to have better luck with it now.

Cels

two days ago
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/dragonbash/Achievements-9-done-only-counts-as-7/2229781

Stephane Lo Presti said:
Hi everyone,
We’re aware of the issue and hae been working on a fix that we hope to push at the beginning of next week.
(in a thread asking about why the two Dragon Ball achievements did not count towards the Dragon Bash meta-achievement.)

today
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/dragonbash/Achievements-9-done-only-counts-as-7/first#post2229903

William Fairfield said:
During my live stream on Friday I confirmed that the Dragon Ball achievements would not count towards the overall. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

okay

Stop denying the beards!!!!

helm-beard-engineer.gif.gif

Anno

Damnit, 45 minutes of (just) unsuccessfully taking Stonemist has me too amped up to sleep. The mini narratives that form in large WvW battles can be pretty awesome. Ending up somewhere in a tough 2v4 or 1v2 and coming out ahead will never not be awesome. Even better, Binding Blade on 4 guys then drag them back into AoEs, then leaping into the middle of a bunch of guys. Can't wait for more tomorrow.

I'm hoping for a grand finale weekend of fireworks. Who doesn't like fireworks? If they aren't going to fix beards, the least they can do is give us more fireworks (which I will afk again).

Levyne

Banned
Damnit, 45 minutes of (just) unsuccessfully taking Stonemist has me too amped up to sleep. The mini narratives that form in large WvW battles can be pretty awesome. Ending up somewhere in a tough 2v4 or 1v2 and coming out ahead will never not be awesome. Even better, Binding Blade on 4 guys then drag them back into AoEs, then leaping into the middle of a bunch of guys. Can't wait for more tomorrow.

We finally took it under Xaja about 90 minutes later. Middle of the night though, so unsure if that really counts.

Edit: Then lost it 70 minutes later :(

TrounceX

Man, taking the week off of Guild Wars made me so much more productive. Maybe my PC blowing up was for the best.

Right now I'm debating whether I should even reinstall. Maybe this way I can chew through some of my backlog this summer...

lol yea right, see you all on Wednesday when my new gpu comes in

Man, taking the week off of Guild Wars made me so much more productive. Maybe my PC blowing up was for the best.

Right now I'm debating whether I should even reinstall. Maybe this way I can chew through some of my backlog this summer...

I hear ya. I think sometimes I need a break even bought a 3DS and AC but I still don't wanna take a break from guild wars. Love this game!

TrounceX

I hear ya. I think sometimes I need a break even bought a 3DS and AC but I still don't wanna take a break from guild wars. Love this game!

Yeah, the craziest part is that I have over 1,000 hours into the game and still look forward to playing it.

No endgame they said...

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Really wouldn't have mattered, ya Berserker's-wearing, Straits-wandering, mesmer freak o' nature.

An Orrian eagle could have farted on you and you'd still go down.

But the Orrian eagle would have to catch me, hold me down then fart! Muahaha!

This is a much easier feat to accomplish if you're 4x my height and charge at me immediately after I escape your grasp in 12 different ways.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

The Last of Us is the first game in a while to occupy more of my gaming night than gw2... funny how weird it feels :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom