• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a great CoF run earlier today. Hope is not lost on my dungeon runs.

To all of you who have bad luck on coffers. That sucks. RNG sucks. Skins should be able to buy on TP.

Retro

Ran WvW for the first time really today, maybe 4 hours. Great fun if you find a good commander, even if we are outgunned at most every time. After a couple large ZvZ fights I found that it's best to just rush the other group, they usually break. Me and like 5 other guardians just leapt/teleported into some huge group all at once and just wrecked, it was awesome. Will certainly play this more and more between getting my Dragon Bash cheevos.

Good commanders will usually try to push at and then encircle the enemy; people look around and see they're surrounded and panic, thinking there's more of you than they thought. It's amazing to see it work and it feels like a real, viable tactic at work rather than just outnumbering everyone you meet.

Indeed. Pincer tactics are typically extremely effective against zergs if you have the manpower.

They're also really good for taking heavily guarded supply camps.

Retro

Indeed. Pincer tactics are typically extremely effective against zergs if you have the manpower.

They're also really good for taking heavily guarded supply camps.

Well, Pincer implies you catch the enemy between two forces (which I've seen and very much enjoy), what I'm taking about is a single force not dividing and then attacking from different directions, but just spreading left and right around to envelop the enemy.

Small difference maybe.

I wanted to use this on my norn so bad, but the shaving feature kills it :(

Don't really have any other characters for them either. Ugh.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, not a feature. It makes no sense to strip all facial hair away. I think the chances are good they'll fix it.

I was trying to help my wife with holos earlier. We saw lots of people just run by too. Everyone has that achievement. I'm hoping they add more functionality to them, otherwise they are a lost cause. And I feel sorry for the people who still need them, and need help with getting them.

Cels

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, not a feature. It makes no sense to strip all facial hair away. I think the chances are good they'll fix it.

facial hair disappears when using quite a few helms, not just the dragon helm. one off the top of my head is the splint helm that armorsmiths can make. another one is the heavy helm from CM, although i believe that one removes some facial hair and not other kinds.

i imagine that since those other helms have removed beards for quite some time now it's either intended (and lazy) or on the backburner, sort of like characters going bald when you put on a helmet.

Levyne

Banned
Was actually going to try an AC 2 run today despite not being the biggest fan of nu ghost eater. But it bugged out at Dethas traps. Oh well, not meant to be.

Knocked the rust off of TA F/F too. The path is a little bit more annoying than Up or F/U, but the bosses were unextraordinary. I'm not sure the boss before the tree had any interesting mechanic other than "I have HP"

Edit: According to the wiki he sparingly uses KD and an Entangle-esqe move...maybe he did do that....once.

Lyng

I really want to get back into GW2. The thing that ruined it was that my friends left and didnt really have a guild since GAF EU was dead.

So now I decided to move my 64 Thief to Stormbluff :) Hope there is room for me.

Was actually going to try an AC 2 run today despite not being the biggest fan of nu ghost eater. But it bugged out at Dethas traps. Oh well, not meant to be.

Knocked the rust off of TA F/F too. The path is a little bit more annoying than Up or F/U, but the bosses were unextraordinary. I'm not sure the boss before the tree had any interesting mechanic other than "I have HP"

Edit: According to the wiki he sparingly uses KD and an Entangle-esqe move...maybe he did do that....once.

How come you act like you are too good for GAF when commanding the TOOT?

facial hair disappears when using quite a few helms, not just the dragon helm. one off the top of my head is the splint helm that armorsmiths can make. another one is the heavy helm from CM, although i believe that one removes some facial hair and not other kinds.

i imagine that since those other helms have removed beards for quite some time now it's either intended (and lazy) or on the backburner, sort of like characters going bald when you put on a helmet.

They've been pretty lazy with the way they've handled hair and helms in general. Everyone gets an instant crew cut when they put on a helmet. Great.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hope they do fix that facial hair thing soon, that's pretty wack.
I really want to get back into GW2. The thing that ruined it was that my friends left and didnt really have a guild since GAF EU was dead.

So now I decided to move my 64 Thief to Stormbluff :) Hope there is room for me.
Go ahead and post an account or character name for an invite :)

After seeing the lack of pinatas around the level 1-15 areas I don't think I will be getting that achievement. I cant be bothered spending hours in Lions Arch just for it. I can't imagine I will ever need the wings, Dota2 has just made me an item/loot whore.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
After seeing the lack of pinatas around the level 1-15 areas I don't think I will be getting that achievement. I cant be bothered spending hours in Lions Arch just for it. I can't imagine I will ever need the wings, Dota2 has just made me an item/loot whore.
They are in every major city (not just Lion's Arch), and they will be in the exact same spots on another character if you switch. Regardless, it shouldn't be necessary to get them (or any individual achievement you don't want to do) to be able to get the wings, because of upcoming story achievements.
Is this the cheapest place to get it? Also, I never heard of this website.
Yep, and GMG is completely reliable. It's where I preordered it actually.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Officers plz see the "meeting soon" thread on GAFGuild just to comment/approve the new condensed makeup schedule (Sunday all-you-can-eat makeups are not affected).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Boooo, I don't know what world my friend is on or if she does WvW. Since no NA world is full they all are eligible for paid transfers right? Since I reallllly want to like... play... right now... I'm probably going to select Stormbluff Isle. How much would it cost to xfer to one of the other high or very high worlds if she or I opt to?
GMG is awesome, I've bought lots of games there, as many come with (or rather, are simply) Steam keys. Shame GW2 doesn't seem to be available in Europe from them. What's the US price there?
It cost me $37.99 USD on GMG. Amazon.com and guildwars2.com has it for $49.99 USD. I'm glad I came across GMG, I'll be checking it out for future deals!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Boooo, I don't know what world my friend is on or if she does WvW. Since no NA is full all are eligible for paid transfers right? Since I reallllly want to like... play... right now... I'm probably going to select Stormbluff Isle. How much would it cost to xfer to one of the other high or very high worlds if she or I opt to?

It cost me $37.99 USD on GMG. Amazon.com and guildwars2.com has it for $49.99 USD. I'm glad I came across GMG, I'll be checking it out for future deals!
So wait, are the 3 NA servers that were full not full anymore?

1800 gems / ~20$ is the transfer cost for a high pop server. The amount of in-game gold varies with the market.

note: Besides WvW, guesting allows you to do literally everything you could on your home server on any other in the same region.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So wait, are the 3 NA servers that were full not full anymore?

1800 gems / ~20$ is the transfer cost for a high pop server. The amount of in-game gold varies with the market.

note: Besides WvW, guesting allows you to do literally everything you could on your home server on any other in the same region.
According the the selection screen there are no Full servers in US or EU. Ugh, 20 dollaz? I'm gonna have to wait to play, lol.

gptVR.gif

clipping through it would be better IMO:D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, there was a supposed pop increase across the board.
Ah, last one of those was around SAB I believe. Was there a dev comment?
According the the selection screen there are no Full servers in US or EU. Ugh, 20 dollaz? I'm gonna have to wait to play, lol.
Hmm well if guesting isn't an option... you could always play just to get a feel for things and then delete all your characters if you have to :p

nataku

OT, but can anyone recommend a good wireless router? Mine is going out or something. Every time I download a large file or patch a game it completely kills my internet to the point where I can't get any other page to load until the download is done. My wifi has been randomly dying too. I'd have to reset the router every week or two to get things to connect to it.

I'm using wired for my PC and PS3, but I need wifi for my phone and tablet.

Remember to check if the game provides a Steam key (or any other DRM system you favor), as not all games do.

Why don't you delete all your characters? Then you can select the server you want for free. I mean, you got the game like two hours ago, right? It's not like you lose a lot :D. Better to migrate now than have to lose more progress down the line.

Champion Abominations love me.

They are like bulls, and your face is so red so they just rush you.

clipping through it would be better IMO:D
For sure.
It is even worse on my engineer which can be seen on my avatar. The helmet removes the thin beard as well.
I posted about it on the other forums so hopefully someone sees it.

Next time peck is on I'll just stand in front of him and keep hiding and showing the helm.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Remember to check if the game provides a Steam key (or any other DRM system you favor), as not all games do.
I can tell you that it doesn't because GW2 is not on Steam :p (unless you just meant for future purchases in which case tally-ho!)

So whoa, Southsun Crates still drop?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Hmm well if guesting isn't an option... you could always play just to get a feel for things and then delete all your characters if you have to :p

Why don't you delete all your characters? Then you can select the server you want for free. I mean, you got the game like two hours ago, right? It's not like you lose a lot :D. Better to migrate now than have to lose more progress down the line.
That's what I wanted to do! I guess I just tarded out at the warning message that popped up asking me If I was sure about my choice. lol.

Aight, I'll keep a lookout for steam keys on it, thanks!

I can tell you that it doesn't because GW2 is not on Steam :p (unless you just meant for future purchases in which case tally-ho!)

Yep, I meant future purchases, since he just discovered GMG and was interested in using it in the future. Just wanted to save him the disappointment of hastily getting a game with no Steam key. For GW2, aside from it not being in Steam, it would be too late, as he's already bought it! :)

That's what I wanted to do! I guess I just tarded out at the warning message that popped up asking me If I was sure about my choice. lol.

Ah, OK. So, you've migrated now?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are those kos and hawk guys from GAFguild? That guild is sooooo rude and elitist.
you're not allowed in unless you have all ascended berserker eq and a legendary and an ascended triforge pendant that you don't wear cause it's not berserker but you have to link it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom