• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceres

Banned
They really need to add some kind of guild group. Whether its through research or something you have to pay for like a "guild commander." Something to be more than a 5 man party but be guild only so its not a pub tag that all the puggers go to in wvw.

Can't stand the current limited commander setup.

I bought this game at launch, but then sorta just stopped playing within a month. Are there still random events with lots of people that happen, or would I be more likely to be alone if a random event happens?

There are people around everywhere. Just type in map chat if no one is close people usually people will run over and help.

Also join the GAF guild I'm sure if you are having problems with an event, you just have to ask and people will come and help you.

Post you name.#### and an officer will add you.

We are in NA Stormbluff isle server.

Levyne

Banned
Dungeon sounds intense. Part of me thinks the one gold a run sounds awesome, another tells me that will be really annoying, almost penalizing, if you aren't spending the majority of your efforts figuring out how to run the dungeon as efficiently as possible and doing nothing but until it is over. I guess it will be easier to tell once we know how fast it can be done, the difficulty, and whether in dungeon bosses give a bunch of silver on top of that.

Finally reached 80 on my Ranger yesterday.

I just noticed that all of my gear is really outdated. What's the best way to get some gold? I only have like 5 gold in total and I've mostly been selling everything I pick up.

Also for armor/weapons, is the best way to get good ones to run dungeons for tokens then turn them in?

Definitely underwhelmed by the Sky pirates stuff so far.

Which is good, because I need to focus on:

1) Getting my Necromancer to 80 (actually my first character but I basically abandoned her in frustration at the start).
2) WvWvW

And not on MUST DO ALL THINGS TO GET NEW SHINY THING I CAN ONLY GET THIS WEEK.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Achievement: Personal Space – Avoid area attacks while fighting Horrik.

Finally, a boss achievement. The lack of these in the game is kind of confusing and I hope ANet adds them to existing bosses. People going for a "don't get hit by boss" achievement would force them to learn boss encounters.

...Though I mostly would like people to know that I never get hit during CoF 1's Effigy.

Title: Fire Marshall or False Alarm Expert

Finally, a boss achievement. The lack of these in the game is kind of confusing and I hope ANet adds them to existing bosses. People going for a "don't get hit by boss" achievement would force them to learn boss encounters.

...Though I mostly would like people to know that I never get hit during CoF 1's Effigy.

Title: Fire Marshall or False Alarm Expert

You might not get hit because you sent your sad clones in to attack and they get smashed nonstop.

You're doing it wrong. :D
How so?

Ceres

Banned
I haven't really had time to review the changes. Is this going to screw up the RRR build for rangers at all? Would just be my luck after dropping 15g into it earlier this month.

I haven't really had time to review the changes. Is this going to screw up the RRR build for rangers at all? Would just be my luck after dropping 15g into it earlier this month.

Possibly a little bit (I dropped a lot more than that switching to that build).

From the notes here: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/editorials/sky-pirates-tyria-traits-preview-part-one

Highlights for this build:

Peak strength gets buffed to 10% from 5%

"Zephyr's Speed" is no longer an adept "minor" trait and has been moved to Grand Master (tier III) which means you can't have it at the same time as Natural Healing/Nature's wrath (it's not entirely clear from the wording whether they are making it a Grandmaster minor or major trait).

Ceres

Banned
Possibly (I dropped a lot more than that switching to that build).

From the notes here: http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/editorials/sky-pirates-tyria-traits-preview-part-one

Highlights for this build:

Peak strength gets buffed to 10% from 5%

"Zephyr's Speed" has been moved to Grand Master (tier III).

I've saved myself some money by not buying the sigils/runes yet. Although now that I think about it, I just picked up ascended accessories with guild commendations so that's another 10g I believe.

I've saved myself some money by not buying the sigils/runes yet. Although now that I think about it, I just picked up ascended accessories with guild commendations so that's another 10g I believe.

I think it should be OK. There's a slight buff to one trait, and I don't think Zephyr's speed is essential.

Levyne

Banned
Heh, so that pastebin was right on?

Yeah, I don't run bunker but that Zephyr's Speed change has large ramifications for all sorts of Ranger builds :(

Beastmaster's and Companions Might buffs are nice at least.

Edit: Still unofficial I suppose but not optimistic.

Proven

I calmed myself down over the weekend but I'm still a little too curious over what balance changes make it to live tomorrow.

Proven

Looks like my thief build (I got it off this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta2MfZzMDYg) is unaffected :)

So I'm happy now.

Just my Warrior and Engineer to worry about now (my Guardian needs her talents fiddled with anyway so I'll build her to the new ones from scratch).

I have four 80s, and all their builds will be affected by the patch if the posted notes end up being true. There won't be just theory crafting to figure it all either. Lots of PvP and WvW would be in my immediate future...

I have four 80s, and all their builds will be affected by the patch if the posted notes end up being true. There won't be just theory crafting to figure it all either. Lots of PvP and WvW would be in my immediate future...

It is kinda frustrating when you've stumbled upon something that works for you and it all changes. I'm hoping with my Engineer and Warrior that the changes will be improvements but since I came up with those builds rather than cookie-cuttering something I don't have them to hand right now.

One imagines you'd still be rather easily identifiable :p

I guess I missed the point. I thought we were just trying to honor you by making a character with the name similar to yours...then in the future GAFGuild gets renamed to Hawkian the Guild.

Sky Pirates of Tyria Previews Exploding
- http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/editorials/sky-pirates-tyria-content-coverage
- http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...uild-Wars-2-Sky-Pirates-of-Tyria-Preview.html
- http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/0...review-of-guild-wars-2s-sky-pirates-of-tyria/

Torment:
Torment_40px.png

MNvjowi.jpg

This will be my new headpiece just because it doesn't remove beards.

Time to get rich!
- Temporary dungeon, only here for the duration of Sky Pirates but may appear in some form later on
- You get a guaranteed rare from the boss chest and 1 gold every time you complete it. The dungeon is hard enough that Arenanet feels it is justified to give 1 gold for every completed run.

Lunar15

- You get a guaranteed rare from the boss chest and 1 gold every time you complete it. The dungeon is hard enough that Arenanet feels it is justified to give 1 gold for every completed run.

Hrouda involved? Bring it, Rob.

Finally reached 80 on my Ranger yesterday.

I just noticed that all of my gear is really outdated. What's the best way to get some gold? I only have like 5 gold in total and I've mostly been selling everything I pick up.

Also for armor/weapons, is the best way to get good ones to run dungeons for tokens then turn them in?

(Quoting since it got stuck at the bottom of last page. :/)

Levyne

Banned
You could jump into a CoF1 run or two on any given day. Usually gchat will just have some groups form whenever people notice the dungeon is open. There are some other relatively fast dungeon run options as well.

You could do the token exchange for a weapon/set if it has the stat spread you want.

Tackling a handful of world events each day will get you rares to sell or salvage for ecto to sell.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
You might not get hit because you sent your sad clones in to attack and they get smashed nonstop.

Pish posh. My clones and I ride and die together.

I was actually in a CoF pug two days ago that legit took over 30 minutes and not enough damage was being done to the Effigy to bring down his health...because I was the only one in melee. #ScaredThieves

Lunar15

The Ranger forum is already a sad pool of pessimism.

I'm just excited because clearly this update means that I will finally be able to run my "spirit weapons only" build, where I just only use spirit weapons for everything. Guaranteed to be OP.

Ceres

Banned
ugh. millenium.org is the worst thing ever. Obsessively watching BP take SM and flip our BL as they likely PvDoor while I'm at work. One good Euro group and we'd probably be able to win this matchup no problem. We had a 100pp on them up until about 2 hrs ago to bring their lead down to almost 4000
And of course AR is following us around flipping stuff we just flipped on BP BL instead of flipping BP's stuff. I hated BP's attitude on the main forums last week but they're not far off in AR playing for 2nd.
Who wants to havok BP BL tonight? Hopefully earlier than 2am so I don't have to leave this time. I'll be home by 6pm EST.

Edit: Of course, after I said that, AR flipped the south BP towers and we've gotten back everything on our BL. Now's the time to push BP in EB too.

Katoki

Someone should really add crafting The Anomaly to that guide.

That was the easiest 50g i've ever made.

He also needs to update some of that information to T2/T3 materials for farming and selling. The T1 stuff is at rock bottom whereas the stuff in the middle has demand.

I figure this is because players collect everything on a new character but after a while it becomes a hassle or they're powering along nicely and don't bother. I also remember this one time I went looking for trees but came up dry after a whole 10 minutes of running around a zone and had to move somewhere else.

Retro

To be fair, he did write it in March. This game changes so quickly because of the Global economy and the constant content updates that the economy is always in a state of flux. Still, most of that is still valid, or at least in the right ballpark.

He also needs to update some of that information to T2/T3 materials for farming and selling. The T1 stuff is at rock bottom whereas the stuff in the middle has demand.

I figure this is because players collect everything on a new character but after a while it becomes a hassle or they're powering along nicely and don't bother. I also remember this one time I went looking for trees but came up dry after a whole 10 minutes of running around a zone and had to move somewhere else.

There's also less zones with those mid-tier materials if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully we'll get a glimpse of some things that validate or invalidate the leaked notes.

Gonna jump on soon to see if I can get enough gold to buy the sickle. I didn't realize it was already available.

The stream is running a bit late at the moment. Apparently Anet had to re-do some stuff last minute. I'm assuming that is stream related stuff and not patch related.

Katoki

There's also less zones with those mid-tier materials if I'm not mistaken.

The stream is running a bit late at the moment. Apparently Anet had to re-do some stuff last minute. I'm assuming that is stream related stuff and not patch related.

That could explain a lot. I ran the length of a zone and found no trees because I needed trees and needed the daily gathering and came up short.

Also waiting on the stream to hopefully catch a few things before I have to leave for work at xx:30.

Levyne

Banned
- Marksmanship

Adept Trait "Keen Edge" now reads as: Use Sharpening Stone when your foes health reaches 50%. The effect can only trigger once every 45 secs.

Master Trait "Spotter" now increases precision of nearby allies up to +150.

Master Trait "Beastmaster's Might" now reads: Activating a signet grats 3 stacks of might (15 secs).

- Skirmishing

The Adept Trait "Companion's Might" reads: Critical hits grant 5 secs of might to your pet.

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

- Wilderness Survival

The Grandmaster Minor Trait "Peak Strength" now grants 10% extra damage when your health is above 90%.

The Adept Trait "Healer's Celerity" now increases revive speed by 10% in addition to granting swiftness to you and your ally when you revive.

gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

- Nature Magic

The Adept Trait "Vigorous Spirits" now reads: Spirits have twice as much health. Spirit bonuses have a 35% better chance of providing their benefits.

The Grandmaster Trait "Evasive Purity" has been moved to a Master Trait.

not-sure-if-want-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-232.gif

New Grandmaster Trait "Nature's Voice": Shouts apply Regeneration (10 secs) and Swiftness (10 secs) to Allies. 360 degree radius.

funny-gif-Donald-Duck-Daisy-coin-begging.gif

(Donald is ANet, Daisy is a Ranger)

- Beastmastery

Adept Minor Trait "Zephyr's Speed" has been removed for "Instinctual Bond" which reads: When you are downed, your pet gains quickness for 5 secs. 50 sec cooldown.

New Grandmaster Trait "Zephyr's Speed": You and your pet gain 3 secs of quickness when you swap pets.

fxqCK6g.jpg

docbon

there are more officers than mist warriors.

my rank is super exclusive and also more hip and cool.

enjoy your new officer position, you swagless serf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom