• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm psyched. For whatever reason I feel like making the Aetherblades story part of my elementalist's tale. That means my first order of business is getting him the last little bit to 80. Maybe the new dungeon will be good xp. Then a quick trip to Orr for a backpiece to transmute the Shattered Wings I got for him yesterday. Kit him out in exotic weapons and armor, toss him the Ascended rings I've been keeping stashed away, and it's time to fuck up some pirates. Kinda wish I wasn't going away this weekend but alas!

kaioshade

IM BACK!

sort of.....

1026250_10152949375800285_1859183369_o.jpg

Heaven help me...the woman has too much shit.

Should be kicking back online soon. Just in time for Sky pirates too.

Giard

Man, it seems that with every major patch, they limit the build diversity of mesmers.

Last month, the condition builds went extinct. Now, the phantasm builds has been nerfed greatly because of the Illusionist's Celerity trait.

Pretty much only the Shatter builds remain...

Lunar15

The Inquest portion of that stage looks straight up like Sanctuary Fortress in Metroid Prime 2.

Inquest dungeons have always looked a little Metroid Prime-y to me, but this is even more than usual. It makes me wonder if any designers/artists moved from retro to Anet.

Jira

aeddfBotFW_NextHero_EN.jpg

Next patch art... BotFW...wonder what it means?

Oh and DAT DUNGEON OMGGGGG.

New interview with Mike Z:

http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/arenanet-planning-fortnightly.html

“We’re doing three weeks [updates] currently, but now we’re pushing to two weeks,” he told us.

“It’s a marathon not a sprint and we’ve been getting better with each of our releases, in terms of how we budget, how we plan it out, how we manage personnel etc. Now we have four full ‘Living World’ teams that are building these content updates, so that we can stagger releases and make sure that people [developers] can decompress and get the quality time necessary to build a good design document before going back in and trying to implement it all over again.”

nataku

Colin said that dungeon updates are now a part of the living story, so they'll have a reason for it instead of just appearing out of nowhere like AC did.

Colin said:
We’ll be continuing to permanently update our dungeons and rewards for dungeons this year and beyond, these updates will be part of living world releases in the future as well as we expand the scope of living world releases to include more permanent updates to the game.

Colin said:
Correct! I think some of you are making assumptions that living world means the stuff we’ve done the last few months and that’s all you’re going to see. My point is saying we’ve seen folks feedback and are adjusting that strategy to include a much larger mix of permanent updates going forward.

Dungeons will be part of this strategy, living world teams will be doing work on our permanent dungeons rather than them being ignored, the types of things you’re asking for will be rolled into living world updates to give a reason for them happening in the world. It simply means we’re going to be doing more of exactly what you’re asking for here in this thread, but under the context of a story of why it happens in the world, rather than just magically have it appear (as happened with AC).

Hope that helps a bit, I’m actually agreeing with a lot you, apparently that wasn’t clear enough!

Edited to add: We also plan to do a lot of reward work across the board, including on our dungeons, but we’ll go into more specific detail on that in July as a comprehensive summary.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...d-with-phase-2-of-dungeons/page/2#post2276921

Update put already?

Looks like I have to sell rest of my ectos to be able to buy that axe as well. Made enough gems for the medium armor for my engi by selling a while lot of ectos.

Maledict

One big difference I can see compared to the leaked notes is that Weakness has gone from 50% reduction on non-crits to 50% reduction on all hits. The leaked notes had this going down to 25% on all hits so that's a big change. Weakness is an impressive debuff now.

Levyne

Banned
Unless I'm blind, no changes to the Ranger parts of the notes from the leak, see my gif response post a page back for my response..

nataku

Blurred Frenzy: This is now evasion instead of immunity. This means it will be affected by retaliation. Increased the cooldown to 12 seconds.

Ugggh.

EDIT:

Signet of Illusions: Clones and phantasms will now gain the passive effect of this signet when they are created, rather than a few moments after creation.

Yay!

Signet of Illusions: Decreased the bonus hit points to clones and phantasms to 50%.

Ehh...

Increased the phantasm base hit points by 55% in PvP and WvW.
Increased the phantasm base hit points by 270% in PvE.
Decreased the clone base hit points by 25% in PvP and WvW.
Increased the clone base hit points by 28% in PvE.

Kinda strange.

Ceres

Banned
Currently reading.

wat.

The fact that you still have to interact is a pain. "AoE" search is an improvement but when I'm meleeing in the middle of a zerg and 3 bags drop at that spot, the last thing I want to do is hit f to grab everything when I need to dodge or die. Or when you're defending a tower against a much larger force and get wiped. So sad seeing 6 bags just lying there.

Levyne

Banned
30 (Signets)
25 (Thinking pets critical damage and pet might on crit, may need to adjust)
5 (Endurance)
10 (Regen and Protection on taking a hit to help with melee)

I will try this.

Katoki

Got up this morning, built an omega golem, coordinated with euros, and took borlis pass garrison in 5 minutes.

That's good. It was basically no contest when I was online because all I could see was a sea of red names. We'd dropped down to 80 ppt at one point but break out events and what not fixed that, especially for losing the entirety of our end of EB.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
AH Guardians are unstoppable.

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw 2 seconds were added to blurred frenzy. Was scared it would be moved to another slot, ruining my muscle memory.

AH Guardians are unstoppable.

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw 2 seconds were added to blurred frenzy. Was scared it would be moved to another slot, ruining my muscle memory.

Someone much more technically savvy break it down for me, did guardians get buffed? I roll with an AH shout build.

Shanlei91

Someone much more technically savvy break it down for me, did guardians get buffed? I roll with an AH shout build.

They combined the traits that give Greatsword damage a 5% increase and heals on greatsword attack into one trait. This trait then moved from Grandmaster to Master.

So basically, you can do more damage and heal more.

Trey

A once over these Ele balance notes: escape bread and butters (and I'd argue general mobility) took some Ls.

Gust though o shiiii

Lunar15

Also, in regards to BotFW, for some reason I actually keep reading that as "Breaking of the Fang"...something W.

Something about the art looks like Hoelbrak... and warriors lining up to do something. Perhaps... breaking Jormag's Tooth?

Shanlei91

Also, in regards to BotFW, for some reason I actually keep reading that as "Breaking of the Fang"...something W.

Something about the art looks like Hoelbrak... and warriors lining up to do something. Perhaps... breaking Jormag's Tooth?

Battle of the Freakin Waves.

Honor of the Waves dungeon update.

Jira

New stuff from the .dat:

Kites:

109797_0966 Fly a Kite!
109797_0967 This inventory toy summons a kite bundle which you can fly as you move around. Kites cannot be used in combat.
109797_0968 Discover the wisdom found in kites.
109797_0969 Open these paper boxes to receive a flavorful fortune. You will also get 10 minutes of a random boost—Speed, Experience, Karma or Magic Find—with each fortune you open. Collect one to four fortune scraps per box for prizes, or a rare "golden fortune" for an immediate prize.

Flute:

109797_0970 Get Your Own Playable Flute!
109797_0971 This flute rests in your inventory and can play up to two octaves of notes. Express your creativity with mellow piping sounds.

Permanent PvP finishers:

109797_0973 Stomp your enemies
109797_0974 This item will let you crush your opponents with a falling cow finishing move in PvP and WvW. This is a perminant account unlock.
109797_0976 Crush your enemies
109797_0977 This item will let you crush your opponents with Whump, the giant's finishing move in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0979 Customize your PvP finisher
109797_0980 This modifies your finishing move in PvP and WvW combat. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0982 This item will literally let you send your opponents back to the grave in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0983 Be a Throrn in Your Enemies Side
109797_0984 This item will let you summon a lethal bramble finishing move in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0986 Use a Super Bomb on your Enemies
109797_0988 This item will let you blast your opponents away with a Super Adventure Box Super Bomb finishing move in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0989 Destroy your enemies with Snow
109797_0990 This item will let you crush your opponents with a deadly snowman in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0992 Scare your enemies
109797_0993 This item will let you feed your opponent to the birds with this finishing move in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0995 This item gives you the ability to finish your opponent by plunging a sword through them in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.
109797_0996 Buy an Assassin
109797_0997 This item will let you summon a shadowy assassin finishing move in PvP and WvW. This is a permanent account unlock.

Updates on the LFG tool:

109834_0376 Select a subcategory from the list on the left to populate the list of available groups.
109834_0377 The party you tried to join is no longer accepting requests to join. The party is either full, no longer searching for additional members or has been disbanded.
109834_0378 Enter a text filter here.
109834_0379 Need more group members? Click here for the LFG system.

Some other stuff:

Dragon with no arms - http://i.imgur.com/pOZ1Dea.jpg

New loading screen - http://i.imgur.com/euTviAw.jpg

Proven

New stuff from the .dat:

People really took to the horn, so more instruments should be fun.

I will buy the fuck out of permanent PvP finishers. Unfortunately, my favorite finishers are now the rank ones. Have you seen that shark? (I will never get to rank 60 and use that shark).

I like kites.

LFG tool still not finished yet.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom