• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my Warrior up to 80 last night ... now I guess I gotta research this new stuff to know what chances I should make. :/

Also need to run COF! I need the gold AND tokens so that I can finally stop wearing level 70 zerker gear ...

Jira

Jira was mentioning that Friday nights are Guild WvW nights, is that still happening this Friday?

Here's our new schedule in EST times I believe.

jX9NHHaJXm1qS.jpg

Proven

Finally read through the patch notes:

Mesmer:
Seriously? Seriously? Woah... Nerf central. I can finally make a constant confusion build work, but we'll have to see if it'll be strong enough. I also might make an interrupt build, but it'll be primarily for hotjoin team fights and WvW. You have to hit about 3 people to have a reliable chance of interrupting one, sigh.

Thief:
Necromancer:
Guardian:
Eh... Thief feels like it's in whack-a-mole mode. I might be able to make my current build have better killing power, but for now I have 15 points free to throw around. Necromancer got some buffs but not many of the buffs I think it needs. The changes also improve my build while simultaneously forcing it's playstyle to alter thanks to stuff like the Life Blast change. And Guardian can now make a legit burning build with Sword/Mace+Torch and Greatsword on the other swap. But I'll have to think of something different for Scepter. I'll dabble with control or something...

Ranger: Elementalist: Engineer:
The three I know least, so no real comment.

Warrior:
All the important skill changes got in. Hallelujah. New cripple sword. Dolyak Signet now doesn't suck. Whirling Axe and Fear Me! actually buffed. Endure Pain at 60 seconds! So many other neat things!

Traits look like the ones from yesterday. Oh well. I'll probably try to make the build without Tactics and using Defense traits for Adrenaline gain... Brawn changed to Burst Recharge! Which I... don't need. Dammit.

Burning Arrows buffed. I really might go Longbow-only...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Blackout Cache is in the Obsidian Sanctum in Zraith’s Beacon.
The Cantle Cache is in the Hidden Garden at Mount Maelstrom.
The Troll Cache is in Sector Zuhl in Timberline Falls.
The Vexing Cache is in Fireheart Rise Vexa’s Lab.
The Mad Cache is located by Goemm’s Lab in Metrica Province.
The Weeping Cache is in Caledon Forest at the Tears of Itlaocol.
The Shipshape Cache is found in Fawcett’s Bounty in the Harathi Hinterlands.
Truuuuuuuue

Dungeon:
Boss chest

Rare item
Drop of Liquid Karma
2 Silver coin 12 Copper coin - 2 Silver coin 75 Copper coin

Possible rewards

Recipe sheet
Recipe: Infinite Aetherized Tonic
Monocle
100 Dragon Coffers

Dungeon reward

13 Silver coin
760 Karma.png
35% of experience needed for character level
Bag of Coins containing 1 Gold coin

A-ha.

There are widespread reports that Aetherblades are tampering with the hologram projectors across Tyria. Approach them with caution.
oshit
Improved the teleport effect for Tazza.
Uh oh, hope that just means the visual effect and not that she can't be pulled.

Sophia

It's ok, but I doubt I'll do it again. I think MF was a more interesting dungeon, and the mechanics worked better there.

Gonna have to agree. The new one was lacking in polish. Mind you, I wasn't exactly in the best of moods for it as I made the mistake of doing it on my Elementalist.

Trey

Finally gender changed Cierra over to a dude, then renamed to Anno to better match everything else. Seems...weird, but I've been meaning to do it for some time now and the sale just sealed it.

I don't know if you did this on purpose or not, but that's pretty funny.

Ceres

Banned
EST is pretty early for me cause I go to the gym after work, ack. Hopefully I can make it sometime I still haven't done any PVP in this game aside from the Halloween MOBA stuff.

For wubwub, you'll usually catch a few of us on for several hours so even if you don't make 9pm est, doesn't mean you miss out. 9pm is just generally when the matchup reset is complete and we can get back in. When I can make Friday nights I'm usually on until at least 1am EST. There's also a few of us there every night so you're free to pop in anytime. We don't always group up, but it would be nice to get some of us to become a regular havok/scout group.

There's a KT event Thursday night that I highly recommend anyone interested in WvW attending. These are good ways to get introduced to group tactics.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So many skill and trait changes, I can't keep it all in mind. Holy crap. Some of the engi stuff looks awesome, love the reduced cooldown on Ram and the Rocket Boots changes, wheeeee. So much to keep in mind for my Mes and Thief builds, but I'll make it work.

Heh,
Phantasmal Berserker: Fixed an issue that was causing the damage from this summoned phantasm to not display. Updated the berserker’s attack to make it more reliably hit a static target with all 4 of the attacks.
where is leng jai
A more appropriate error message now appears when a player attempts to invite another player who is in too many guilds.
Nice little qol thing for us, the message before made no sense.
The Outmanned buff is now hidden from enemies.
dang, necessary though

Enjoy your Dragon Revelry Starcakes everybody!

Katoki

l think that thieves can live without the grand master trait that reduces steal's recharge an additional 20% since the base cool down was reduced to 35 seconds anyway. However, l have no idea what the recharge is on 30 in trickery without that GM trait but it's 17.5 seconds with it. Imagine bountiful theft giving fury every 17.5 seconds on top of whatever the group already has.

This is also incredibly nice in WvW and PvP under the ideal circumstances

Proven

l think that thieves can live without the grand master trait that reduces steal's recharge an additional 20% since the base cool down was reduced to 35 seconds anyway. However, l have no idea what the recharge is on 30 in trickery without that GM trait but it's 17.5 seconds with it. Imagine bountiful theft giving fury every 17.5 seconds on top of whatever the group already has.

This is also incredibly nice in WvW and PvP under the ideal circumstances

My build already loves that trait. Even I'm wondering if it's too good now.

Levyne

Banned
Probably won't be on until late tonight to try the new stuff.

More Ranger stuff:

Thinking off swapping offhands and thus switching between Axe/Axe and Sword/Warhorn instead. Then I could put on the Skirmishing Trait for +10% critical damage on main hand axe for use with A4 an 5 (which both are already highly damaging). Then I would drop Pet's Prowess for gaining Vigor when I get hit with a critical. 10 points into Nature Magic for Regen at 75% health and Protection with a 10% damaging hit to me. So I could potentially get protection regen and vigor with an incoming strike. 0 remaining points into Beastmaster, 0 traits focusing on booning up the pet.

This is basically my fuck you to using pets as a source of damage.

I would swap Jaguar with Stalker for group might roar and leaving the Drake since Ice Breath and Tail Swipe are unaffected and the blast finisher is too nice. I will consider a devourer though for 2 hit per auto and a little pet safety for range.

Levito

Banned
For wubwub, you'll usually catch a few of us on for several hours so even if you don't make 9pm est, doesn't mean you miss out. 9pm is just generally when the matchup reset is complete and we can get back in. When I can make Friday nights I'm usually on until at least 1am EST. There's also a few of us there every night so you're free to pop in anytime. We don't always group up, but it would be nice to get some of us to become a regular havok/scout group.

There's a KT event Thursday night that I highly recommend anyone interested in WvW attending. These are good ways to get introduced to group tactics.

That sounds awesome, I'll try to make it. Do we jump in the mumble for WvW?

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I'm looking at these notes and wish I played this game more because I have no idea what this stuff means :(

I'm still torn on what to play. Are necros any fun if you are not so into summon builds?

Levyne

Banned
That sounds awesome, I'll try to make it. Do we jump in the mumble for WvW?

Usually we'd use the server teamspeak but if a GAF havoc group became a regular thing, we could.

Been trying to get into WvW more. I still don't get as much from it, nor have nearly as much experience, as others but it can be insanely fun to "steal" a tower out from under the other invading team's feet, or completely outclass a similarly sized havoc squad, (or hell, zerg).

Complistic

I'm looking at these notes and wish I played this game more because I have no idea what this stuff means :(

I'm still torn on what to play. Are necros any fun if you are not so into summon builds?

Yes. I use the flesh golem elite, which is a summon, but other than that you absolutely do not need the others. Corruption, wells, and spectral are all viable options. And I like 2 of those more than minions.

Lunar15

From the EverQuest Next thread:

But imagine the entire world as part of the interaction. Imagine seasons changing. Imagine if you're a Druid and you need to literally seek out reagents for your spells or worship your deity in a glade somewhere off in the wilderness, but you don't know where. Or image forests growing back after they're burned to the ground by invading forces. What we want is a dynamic world that gives all those other possibilities and doesn't just say OK, go to raid X with group composition of X, Y, Z, and kill the dragon for the 52nd time to get the tier 800 gear. It's this rinse-and-repeat gameplay that's got to change, and so we're changing it.

Sounds a lot like what Anet is attempting through living story. Living story definitely doesn't solve all of those problems, but my mind boggles at trying to understand how someone would make a persistent game world without repetition.

I love using two corruptions utilities, then using Dagger #4 to transfer all my conditions onto the target. Target just melts. Or use Well of Power. Or use Consume Conditions. The only summon I use is the elite. Everything else is gravy.

Katoki

So if I'm understanding correctly from the run that I hopped in on today, Mai Trin is the
captain since Horrik is the first-mate
?

I'm also seeing stuff about an unlimited use logging axe on reddit but they also say that it seems to have quietly slipped out of the patch as well.

Cels

4 big nerfs to mesmers:

25 points needed for Illusionist's Celerity (instead of 5)
Blurred Frenzy no longer grants immunity, increased cd 20%
Vengeful images nerfed to last only 5 seconds rather than lifetime of the illusion
Signet of Illusions nerfed down to 50% (from 200%), Illusion base HP increased in some areas to compensate, but PvP and WvW illusions will see lowered HP across the board, while PvE Phantasms have increased health and PvE clones have decreased health.

At least they finally fixed the iBerserker and bouncing skills?

I am a little confused as to the direction the devs want the mesmer class to take. Putting Illusionist's Celerity deep in Illusions pushes Mesmers to use Shatter Builds. Any other kind of Mesmer will passively see a decrease in power since he will create phantasms 20% slower than an Illusions mesmer.

So much for build diversity. Hopefully these changes are only the beginning (There is still no compelling reason to use Scepter, despite today's buffs.)

Chromax

So all these skins like the Jade weapon skins, the new Sky Pirate skins, and the Shattered Dragon Wings are all one use correct? So should I just save them till I'm 80 and use it on a set I'll be using for a long time?

hythloday

They're one use, but you can continuously use Transmutation stones/crystals to transfer the skin to different armor pieces as you level up. Just don't accidentally delete the skinned piece, or transmute it away (by picking the wrong look when you transmute).

Katoki

4 big nerfs to mesmers:

25 points needed for Illusionist's Celerity (instead of 5)
Blurred Frenzy no longer grants immunity, increased cd 20%
Vengeful images nerfed to last only 5 seconds rather than lifetime of the illusion
Signet of Illusions nerfed down to 50% (from 200%), Illusion base HP increased in some areas to compensate, but PvP and WvW illusions will see lowered HP across the board, while PvE Phantasms have increased health and PvE clones have decreased health.

At least they finally fixed the iBerserker and bouncing skills?

I am a little confused as to the direction the devs want the mesmer class to take. Putting Illusionist's Celerity deep in Illusions pushes Mesmers to use Shatter Builds. Any other kind of Mesmer will passively see a decrease in power since he will create phantasms 20% slower than an Illusions mesmer.

So much for build diversity. Hopefully these changes are only the beginning (There is still no compelling reason to use Scepter, despite today's buffs.)

From reading reddit and what not, it seems more like they're trying to push for less illusion heavy builds and use it more as a supplemental thing. It could just seem that illusions are the only way to play because that's all people have used since the beginning of whenever that time was.

I can't actually speak for builds as mine have been using the illusions for additional damage rather than depending on it in the case of a legion build. I can't say much for those that use full shatter builds since I haven't used them since about late December/early January when I stopped actively playing my mesmer whose name people still refer to me by.

Cels

From reading reddit and what not, it seems more like they're trying to push for less illusion heavy builds and use it more as a supplemental thing. It could just seem that illusions are the only way to play because that's all people have used since the beginning of whenever that time was.

I can't actually speak for builds as mine have been using the illusions for additional damage rather than depending on it in the case of a legion build. I can't say much for those that use full shatter builds since I haven't used them since about late December/early January when I stopped actively playing my mesmer whose name people still refer to me by.

RIP Courtesan

Jira

New item codes:

Kite(complete version with spool): [&AgE1qgAA]
Recipe: Aetherized Tonic [&AgElqgAA]
Dragon's Revelry Starcake:[&AgEeqgAA]
Aetherized Scraps: [&AgEgqgAA][&AgEhqgAA][&AgEiqgAA][&AgEjqgAA][&AgEkqgAA]
Sea of Sorrows ( 5 skill pts) : [&AgEmqgAA]
Aetherized Shoulders ( for heavy/light/medium): [&AgEnqgAA] [&AgEoqgAA][&AgEpqgAA]
Monocole: [&AgEqqgAA][&AgErqgAA][&AgEsqgAA]
Aetherblade Cannon: ( formerly known as the big ass cannon): [&AgEuqgAA]
Aetherblade Sword: [&AgEyqgAA]
Chests for upcoming boss?: [&AgFvqgAA][&AgFwqgAA][&AgFxqgAA][&AgFyqgAA][&AgFzqgAA]
Trophy after defeating upcoming boss? :[&AgF0qgAA]

Some new character customization options were added too like this one:

Proven

From my point of view, the point is just to make Phantasm builds harder to run. Clones and Phantasms were originally meant to be something that were easy to kill, but they quickly became too easy to kill and had their health buffed. I can only guess that from there they didn't like seeing Phantasms sit there firing all the time for some reason. So, Phantasms are now meant to do 1-2 attacks before disappearing.

Or, they just felt that they were too strong for not enough work. Phantasms were a really good 1v1 build, and they nerfed both that and BM Rangers.

As for Illusion's Celerity affecting clones, it's the same as moving the bonus attack and crit chance traits that Warrior had to Grandmaster. It was used too much. Perhaps they also want to see if their changes cause any new Condition/Defensive/Support builds (Phantasm traits are in the Mesmer support line, right?) before buffing/changing a number of other weapon skills to compensate.

All the nerfs together also really slows down the Sword/X burst. On the one hand, I'm glad that they're taking steps to lower burst across the board. On the other, they haven't really done much to bunker builds yet. Or, well, Guardian bunkers.

I'm just ticked that Greatsword clones still do nothing. Scepter is fine because it generates clones so much, Sword does boon stripping, and Staff adds boons and conditions. They need to do something about that Greatsword.

Ashodin

My build is so fucking dooooooooooooope

I love the vulnerability stacks I can drop on someone and just wreck them. Guardian for serious!

Proven

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I can see one reason why they put the new Necro trait Dhuumfire in the power line. It's so that a condition Necro can still take the Grandmaster scepter trait at the same time. However... not a lot of Necros were taking it anymore anyway, if I remember correctly.
Edit: Someone compared condition damage of Torment to the other common conditions:

khbsevA.png

Four stacks of Torment while the target is moving is equal to a burn. Mesmers can have near permanent 5 stack Torment using Scepter. Hmm.

Edit2: Oh, they increased Phantasm health. So it's harder to get them out, but they can possibly stay out longer. Unless the signet nerf is more than I realize.

Retro

- New dungeon is fun and not nearly as difficult as people made it out to be.
- First boss is Molten Facility-levels fun, I love fights with tons of stuff going on.
- Last boss is a little long in the tooth, but otherwise enjoyable.​

I really don't get the complaints, and one gold every time you run it more than makes up for any durability loss (I think I died once?). Just gotta bring your 'A' game.

Ashodin

Necromancer:
Path of Midnight: This trait now properly reduces the recharge of Tainted Shackles.
Necromancer downed health is now the correct amount in all formats on all characters.

DOCBAWNNNNNNNNNNNN

- New dungeon is fun and not nearly as difficult as people made it out to be.
- First boss is Molten Facility-levels fun, I love fights with tons of stuff going on.
- Last boss is a little long in the tooth, but otherwise enjoyable.​

I really don't get the complaints, and one gold every time you run it more than makes up for any durability loss (I think I died once?). Just gotta bring your 'A' game.

Ran this with a pug for my first try. This lasted past my old man bedtime. For future reference,
does the boss take more damage when the first mate is more hurt?

Jira

Ran this with a pug for my first try. This lasted past my old man bedtime. For future reference,
does the boss take more damage when the first mate is more hurt?

No, you need to make sure she gets hit by his cannon blast to take down her shield.

Lunar15

Graphically, the new dungeon is absolutely outstanding. Honestly, it's one of their best looking instances to date. Like I said, it's exactly like Sanctuary fortress. Right down to the neon spider ball tracks hanging from the ceiling. They're too close for me to say that it's a coincidence.

Mechanically, it's the "you better have learned your fucking basics" dungeon. If you are not good at dodging, kiting, and avoiding attacks, this dungeon FORCES you to learn these. I think that's a brilliant idea, and putting a gold as the reward incentivises people to really try to get good at it. If you can kite/dodge/avoid like a boss, this dungeon is easy and you can finish it fairly quickly. If not, it's going to take you a while. That is exactly how I want a dungeon to be.

The final boss does go on a BIT too long though. Could have done with one less cannon section, but I love the concepts at play there.

Loved it so much I made a dye based on the aesthetics:

TrounceX

Took some pics in WvW tonight that were kinda cool. We took Blackgates garrison from them during primetime which is pretty nuts. It took like 3 hours and some very good coordination between two of our best guilds to pull it off.

. said:
Just eyeing up our objective which is the 3rd floor. It's works well to take this high ground, then lay arrow carts to rain down the central hole and onto the lords room.

. said:
This is after we took the 3rd floor. Notice how we used siege to conceal the jump up to our platform? A few groups tried to rush us up there and most just fell off lmao.

. said:
Look at all those enemies! And we wiped all of them. It sill took forever to take the circle though because it only takes a few enemies to contest. Warriors can use their elite skill to resurrect the Lord as well, which can be a pain in the ass. A good strategy though.

So yeah, not sure why I felt like posting this. I guess probably because the scale of the combat you encounter in WvW still blows my mind. All those people, all those skills going off and interacting with each other...it's a miracle that mode works as well as it does.

Kard8p3

Took some pics in WvW tonight that were kinda cool. We took Blackgates garrison from them during primetime which is pretty nuts. It took like 3 hours and some very good coordination between two of our best guilds to pull it off.

Just eyeing up our objective which is the 3rd floor. It's works well to take this high ground, then lay arrow carts to rain down the central hole and onto the lords room.

This is after we took the 3rd floor. Notice how we used siege to conceal the jump up to our platform? A few groups tried to rush us up there and most just fell off lmao.

Look at all those enemies! And we wiped all of them. It sill took forever to take the circle though because it only takes a few enemies to contest. Warriors can use their elite skill to resurrect the Lord as well, which can be a pain in the ass. A good strategy though.

So yeah, not sure why I felt like posting this. I guess probably because the scale of the combat you encounter in WvW still blows my mind. All those people, all those skills going off and interacting with each other...it's a miracle that mode works as well as it does.

Jeez..that is incredibly awe-inspiring, and WvW is one of the main reasons I play GW2, I can't wait until I'm more than just canon fodder, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom