• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Missed this in the notes, apparently stuff to see on July 5th:
  • An important conversation is taking place between Magnus the Bloody Handed and Inspector Ellen Kiel of the Lionguard in the Grand Piazza of Lion’s Arch.
  • The Aetherblade Captain Mai Trin has been incarcerated in the Lionguard HQ in Lion’s Arch.

Anno

Really curious to see how they handle the achievement point rewards. As if I needed another thing to be neurotic about :/

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, thanks for all the help.

One question.

1. I became a tailor because I want to make inventory bags. I was searching all over Kryta, but I cant find where to make them. Any help? My inventory space is stupidly low.

2. I sent my materials to some collections storage or something. Uhhh, where is that and where do I go to get them back?

3. I can't guild chat. I set up a new tab to /guild say, but every time I try and talk to the guild, the chat says "You are not in a guild" even though I am.

nataku

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-guild-wars-2-will-ever-get-an-expansion-pack

Guild Wars 2 has no subscription fee either, but it won't, won't, have an expansion, neither this year nor next - and maybe not ever.

"So right now we're not really looking at expansions as an option," lead content designer Mike Zadorojny told me on his visit to London last week.

"It's something that's on the table but it's not something we're focused on, because what we want to do is - our idea here is that with Living World, we can do what expansions would have done but do it on a more regular basis."

I pressed him to tell me whether there would be a Guild Wars 2 expansion this year and he shook his head to indicate no. What about next year, I asked?

"If we do this right," he answered, "we will probably never do an expansion and everything will be going into this Living World strategy."

I don't know how I feel about this.

Personally, I don't think Colin's "expansions worth of content" ever came true, at lest not in terms of permanent content. If they go this route and never do expansions they need to ramp up permanent content significantly. A jumping puzzle here, an activity there isn't good enough.

IMO they need more permanent content than temporary going forward if this is what they decide to do. We'll see how the second half of the year goes I suppose.

EDIT: Bah, bottom of the page.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-guild-wars-2-will-ever-get-an-expansion-pack

Personally, I don't think Colin's "expansions worth of content" ever came true, at lest not in terms of permanent content. If they go this route and never do expansions they need to ramp up permanent content significantly. A jumping puzzle here, an activity there isn't good enough.

IMO they need more permanent content than temporary going forward if this is what they decide to do. We'll see how the second half of the year goes I suppose.

Totally agree with you.

I think it looks like they are already heading that way just by comparing the initial Living Story updates the most recent ones.

I just don't think they would be able to open up let's say all of Cantha with one bi-weekly update and if you get just chunks of it over many bi-weeks than I don't know how that will go...I fell like I would prefer the GW1 expansion model but so far ANET has not disappointed me (maybe slightly with useless activities that people play 3 times and never again) so can't wait to read that end of July post from Colin because I think it will shed a lot of light on what is coming in the future.

The 1 major plus this has over the expansion model is that every 2 weeks there is some new content to try, I don't know if I want to wait a whole year for new content.

Fishious

Hey guys, thanks for all the help.

One question.

1. I became a tailor because I want to make inventory bags. I was searching all over Kryta, but I cant find where to make them. Any help? My inventory space is stupidly low.

2. I sent my materials to some collections storage or something. Uhhh, where is that and where do I go to get them back?

3. I can't guild chat. I set up a new tab to /guild say, but every time I try and talk to the guild, the chat says "You are not in a guild" even though I am.

1. Go to a main city (Lions Arch, Divinity's Reach, The Black Citadel, etc) and search for the Scissors icon on the map. The crafting stations are right there. Presumably you had to talk to an npc to become a tailor so the crafting station should be right by them.

2. It's part of your bank. There are tabs on the left side that allow you to view your normal storage and collections store. Technically you can access your bank from the crafting stations so if you can find that, both problems are solved.

Dunno about the 3rd one.

Don't worry guys, they'll be forced to do a proper expansion. It' hasn't even been a year yet so sure, they don't need to be deeply involved with it atm but the time will come when they need a major expansion of zones/hub city and a race to go with it. People clamor for another class too but that's far less likely. Living Story is a nice idea for adding content in between major updates, but there's no way in hell it's going to placate most gamers in the long run if it can't add the aforementioned content.

Jira

EDIT: Bah, bottom of the page.

The whole "expansions worth of content" thing was clarified by Colin as something the marketing department told the devs to say when talking to people. The devs have gone on record saying they did not want to say that because they knew it wasn't true but it got said once and the damage was done. They knew it wasn't an expansions worth of content but for whatever reason were forced into saying it.

Back on the topic of expansions. I think what they're saying is over say a 1.5 year span, the way they have their company is setup is allowing them to push out what they would have developed for a boxed expansion in 2 week update formats over a long period. So rather than 5 features thrown behind a paywall, they're being developed alongside what the LS team is doing and released as they're ready for no cost to us.

So it probably works like this:

New feature like say the achievement UI revamp and reward systems, rather than holding that for an expansion they're just releasing it in the next update as it is finished. If they go forward with this, the value you will get from the single box copy of this game will surpass everything in gaming, especially if you've played every month since launch.

You have to think, it's very possible they've been working on a new region like say the Crystal Desert but haven't released it since the Living Story isn't there from a story perspective. They did say they want to release new areas in the game with stories that make sense rather than them just turning on and suddenly appearing.

Lunar15

I don't disagree with you, but to be fair to Anet, if this were any other MMO, we wouldn't even see an expansion till next year, with not much additional content in-between. The tradeoff is that instead of getting big permanent content, we're constantly getting content. The whole system has been fairly experimental so far, with Anet constantly stating that the living world is merely "ramping up".

Now, the problem is exactly that: It's been experimental. Some things have worked, others haven't. Quite frankly, I'm not even sure what a lot of their ideas are surrounding the living world. I think part of the problem is that we're literally trained to wait for expansions and the massive world changing events they bring. We want these small updates to mirror that, when it's simply impossible. But that's not the fault of the people playing the game, that's just the nature of trying something really weird and experimental and not having a really clear, user-centric goal behind it.

I think it's pretty obvious that they want to make money off of the gem store, and constant updates pimp out the store and make people "grab things while they can", hence everything being non-permanent. But this isn't a bad thing, since we have gotten a lot of post-release support that you wouldn't have in any other game.

Frankly, I'm of two minds about the whole thing. On one hand I'm absolutely captivated by the premise, but confused by some of the execution. The story surrounding the living world has been totally disappointing, but some of the content has been great. Other things, like grinding to get a lot of the new weapons, feels counter-intuitive to their original goals. In fact, it feels as though the living world was not a concept they had while originally launching the game, since so much of it seems so disconnected from the original content. But a lot of it is perspective, since it is a pretty radical new concept, and I'm not sure we know how to view it yet. But it's Anet job to define that, and I'm nooooot entirely sure they've done the best job of doing that either, since even they seem a tad all over the place about what they want to do.

Either way, it's an interesting experiment, and one that I want to follow. For the record, I haven't spent a single cent on the game past the original amount I paid. If Anet's plan is to get money out of me, they certainly haven't been forceful about it, so I don't get any weird money-grubbing feeling out of any of this. That may change if I start playing the game more (or if they released a 3 pack for the mining tools). I definitely got more content than my 60 bucks was worth, so I can't complain heavily. But yeah, I guess we'll just have to see where the living story goes.

Make sure you are representing the guild in the guild menu.

Yep, you have to select (represent) the guild. You also have to do this with each character.

The reason for this is that you can join multiple guilds, and change which one you're representing (getting the benefits of/seeing guild chat) at any time. Also, different characters can represent different guilds.

Jira

I don't disagree with you, but to be fair to Anet, if this were any other MMO, we wouldn't even see an expansion till next year, with not much additional content in-between. The tradeoff is that instead of getting big permanent content, we're constantly getting content. The whole system has been fairly experimental so far, with Anet constantly stating that the living world is merely "ramping up".

Now, the problem is exactly that: It's been experimental. Some things have worked, others haven't. Quite frankly, I'm not even sure what a lot of their ideas are surrounding the living world. I think part of the problem is that we're literally trained to wait for expansions and the massive world changing events they bring. We want these small updates to mirror that, when it's simply impossible. But that's not the fault of the people playing the game, that's just the nature of trying something really weird and experimental and not having a really clear, user-centric goal behind it.

I think it's pretty obvious that they want to make money off of the gem store, and constant updates pimp out the store and make people "grab things while they can", hence everything being non-permanent. But this isn't a bad thing, since we have gotten a lot of post-release support that you wouldn't have in any other game.

Frankly, I'm of two minds about the whole thing. On one hand I'm absolutely captivated by the premise, but confused by some of the execution. The story surrounding the living world has been totally disappointing, but some of the content has been great. Other things, like grinding to get a lot of the new weapons, feels counter-intuitive to their original goals. In fact, it feels as though the living world was not a concept they had while originally launching the game, since so much of it seems so disconnected from the original content. But a lot of it is perspective, since it is a pretty radical new concept, and I'm not sure we know how to view it yet. But it's Anet job to define that, and I'm nooooot entirely sure they've done the best job of doing that either, since even they seem a tad all over the place about what they want to do.

Either way, it's an interesting experiment, and one that I want to follow. For the record, I haven't spent a single cent on the game past the original amount I played. If Anet's plan is to get money out of me, they certainly haven't been forceful about it, so I don't get any weird money-grubbing feeling out of any of this. That may change if I start playing the game more (or if they released a 3 pack for the mining tools). I definitely got more content than my 60 bucks was worth, so I can't complain heavily. But yeah, I guess we'll just have to see where the living story goes.

Right, and they've gone on record saying they're learning about how to do the LS just as much as we are. They're working on getting feedback from us on what we want and don't want and then adjusting accordingly. This is as new for them as it is for us so it will take some time before they can get into a set groove with the exact model people want. They recently heard the cries for more permanent content and have been started to roll that out in the past few releases. It seems that each patch after this point will offer at least one new bit of permanent content alongside any temporary stuff.

nataku

My main concern is that they're going to take an expansive elder dragon story, something normally found in an expansion, spread it out over the course of months and have it be temporary content, like the current LS events are.

I completely agree with them moving the world forward (I'd like Orr to slowly heal with fewer risen over time and new, normal mobs and events taking their place), but there's no need to just delete old content that's so important. Take advantage of the Durmand Priory. Have the Priory set up camps or NPCs where the green star for the mission is found, providing some background info on what took place and then letting new players and old players on alts play through the missions after talking to them. Make it clear it's what happened in the past, but let people still play through them.

I'm talking specifically about the elder dragons with this. Anything related to them needs to be in the game forever, IMO. I couldn't care less if the current LS events disappear and can't be played again.

With regards to actual zones, if they can roll out new areas equivalent to Cantha or Elona in size 1-2 zones at a time over the course of a year or so, slowly expanding and building up the story, then by all means. I'd love that, personally. I just hate the idea of major storylines disappearing because it really limits the amount of content I can play through with an alt, especially with the branching nature of the story they've did for the personal story. Though who knows, branching stories may disappear entirely.

Just so you know all the crafting professions that have to do with making armor can make some kind of storage item (bag, backpack, or supply box, all do the same thing) so I would suggest you pick the crafting profession which makes armors for your profession.

Tailoring (Light armour: Necromancers, Elementalists and Mesmers)
Leatherworking (Medium armour: Engineers, Rangers and Thieves)
Armoursmithing (Heavy armour: Warriors and Guardians)

Jira

My main concern is that they're going to take an expansive elder dragon story, something normally found in an expansion, spread it out over the course of months and have it be temporary content, like the current LS events are.

I completely agree with them moving the world forward (I'd like Orr to slowly heal with fewer risen over time and new, normal mobs and events taking their place), but there's no need to just delete old content that's so important. Take advantage of the Durmand Priory. Have the Priory set up camps or NPCs where the green star for the mission is found, providing some background info on what took place and then letting new players and old players on alts play through the missions after talking to them. Make it clear it's what happened in the past, but let people still play through them.

I'm talking specifically about the elder dragons with this. Anything related to them needs to be in the game forever, IMO. I couldn't care less if the current LS events disappear and can't be played again.

That's the thing though, the LS teams aren't their only teams and based on what Mike Z said they're a small portion of the entire studio. So it's very possible they've been working on a new storyline that say coincides with the LS release of the Crystal Desert and is a permanent addition to the world alongside the temp LS stuff. The blog post coming at the end of the month will give us some insight as to what is going on.

nataku

That's the thing though, the LS teams aren't their only teams and based on what Mike Z said they're a small portion of the entire studio. So it's very possible they've been working on a new storyline that say coincides with the LS release of the Crystal Desert and is a permanent addition to the world alongside the temp LS stuff. The blog post coming at the end of the month will give us some insight as to what is going on.

Yeah, I read that, and I hope that is the case. I think it would be pretty neat if they threw in a main story about another elder dragon that slowly gets released over the year, but still had this smaller LS stuff going on in the background.

Jira

Yeah, I read that, and I hope that is the case. I think it would be pretty neat if they threw in a main story about another elder dragon that slowly gets released over the year, but still had this smaller LS stuff going on in the background.

Yeah I think it would be cool to see it lead up to the release of say the Crystal Desert (PLEASE ANET, I WANT TO SEE A DESERT ENVIRONMENT IN THIS ENGINE).

The game seems to have setups for a lot of future content, I just hope they don't pull a blizzard and abandon parts of it later.

We have solid setups for Jormag and the far shiverpeaks, as well as the crystal dragon, and the destroyers.

We have two dragons completely MIA, though the southsun cover stuff could have been a mild setup for one of them. There are early hints that the jungle dragon will so be awakened, which could be a major event.

We know there is,
another pale tree and sylvari race
. Could tie into the jungle dragon storyline in the future.

Several races have been setup as being possibly future player ones, such as the Tengu, Kodan, and even the Ogres and Quaggan.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where they go from here. So far, none of the living story, outside southsun, have really hinted at anything radical that could be added.

NAPK1NS

I think the omission of Expansion Packs is great. If they're laying on the number of people they say they are, we could likely see some grandiose stuff. Plus, the changes applied are more malleable to player request over time, not in two year segments. It's downright generous that the game will be so well supported with no fee.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
After a particular conversation we had with a couple Anet folk months ago (January patch?), I'm over the moon about any public comments that downplay the need for, existence, or likelihood of a boxed expansion.

The reasons for this are likely to be very opaque for those who weren't sitting in on that chat, and I do not expect the cries of "Yeah, right" to die down from the most diehard fans to the dyed-in-the-wool haters that feel an expansion is going to be announced any day now as an act of desperation.

The short version: these are things we know unless we hear otherwise:
  • Like the 2-week release timetable before it, this design decision (no boxed expansions) hinges on reaching a certain internal threshold of organizational and financial success. The confidence in these most recent comments really leads me to think they've already met it or are at least on track to do so. This is good for all players.
  • A really important aspect of this is that committing to this means that all the features that WOULD ordinarily be a part of an expansion- from stuff we've seen already like new zones, changes to existing zones, new dungeons- all the way up to new skills, continents, classes, and races will be released to all players for free. No features would be gated by an additional monetary cost, for the lifespan of the product. In the simplest terms, I contrast this with a typical P2P model (SWTOR being an easy example). This, in fact, is one of those exceedingly rare cases in which I can say that "not even GW1" pulled this off. In order to use Heroes, you had to have bought SOMETHING other than the first campaign, Prophecies.
  • While the instinct might be to think that not having a traditional expansion would limit creativity ("how will they unveil huge, game-changing content for everyone without the scope of a new box to sell?"), the possibilities for this are actually exhilarating if you use your imagination a little bit. Think about an actual plot line you could follow in-game leading up to the reveal of a new profession, or having firsthand knowledge of where major characters, ones that are headliners to newcomers, came from in the first place.
nataku said:
Personally, I don't think Colin's "expansions worth of content" ever came true
I rolled my eyes as soon as I ever saw those words written down- here's what Colin said most recently:
Saying something like “expansions worth of content” means different things to everyone, and is nearly an impossible goal to meet expectation wise since everything expects something different, which is a big part of why marketing stepped away from that plan very quickly after asking us to use it when speaking to the press/fans.
Primarily this was a massive failure from a PR standpoint- something that has never been ArenaNet's strong suit. I could go on for ages about what they choose to include or not include in the description copy on the release highlights pages, leading without fail to distorted expectations.
please hire me

But ultimately, I have every confidence that this is really, really good news. If they truly pull it off, delivering everything up to and including the features found in a boxed expansion to all users for free will mean ArenaNet once again completely shifting the status quo for MMOs of any kind, not just ones without subscriptions (as they have with the pace of their release cycle), and quietly leaving the competition in the dust while forums continue bickering about the same things they would with any other game.

I hope they come through. Already, it's growing more and more feasible to believe. I mean, let's be real here for a second:
jbxveAkMTnUMEl.jpg

Of course it's true that some are more substantial than others, but things are going to get ridiculous real fast. With a release every two weeks for the rest of the year, that would be 21 content releases in the year 2013. The (imminent?) return of the Super Adventure Box along with the potential "flashback Fractals," and continuing storylines of the newer characters (why no Braham and Rox at Dragon Bash??) will lead to very real fan-favorite releases that drive the direction of future ones.

Exciting times.
"There will be another milestone coming up pretty shortly."

If they have a larger LS team that's been working on larger scale content, then maybe they can avoid an expansion but that remains to be seen. I would think NCsoft would be upset on not cashing in on pay wall boxes though.

hythloday

Personally, I am hoping that someday the living story will evolve or lead up to a huge content dump (example: the Crystal Desert and surrounding areas). I know in GW1 they had the different campaigns, they could even design a new 'personal story' for the new area.

For me there's nothing quite as fun as the unknown - it was so much fun as a newbie because of the knowledge (or rather, the lack of knowledge) about entire chunks of the map that were still unexplored and mysterious.

They can revamp and add new areas gradually as part of the update schedule, but one zone or an instanced story at a time just isn't the same as a nice big serving of 'The Unknown' would be.

Don't get me wrong, I have lots of respect for what they are doing and so far it's been fun. There's just nothing as sexy as a big chunk of unexplored land. One zone just doesn't scratch the itch quite as well.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/community-news/are-you-one-in-a-million/

Go go go!
Help us reach 1 million Likes on Facebook and earn some juicy in-game rewards for yourself and your fellow players!
If we reach our goal of 1,000,000 Likes on Facebook before the end of July, everybody who logs into Guild Wars 2 – veterans and new players alike – will get these in-game rewards:
A special achievement
A Communal Boost Bonfire that provides a boost to karma gain, experience gain, or Magic Find for you and your friends
A consumable boost for 24 hours of 200% Magic Find and coins from kills
3 consumable Fireworks to celebrate the moment in style
Tell your friends and Like us on Facebook!

913,057 likes so far.

More on New Achievement System
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/new-account-achievement-rewards-incoming/
Hi folks! I’m Matt Wuerffel, one of the game designers here at ArenaNet. I wanted to take a little time to update you all on some upcoming changes to the achievements system in Guild Wars 2.

New Rewards

In the upcoming release, we’re adding a reward structure to achievement points. As you complete achievements and increase your achievement score, you’ll unlock new, exclusive rewards for your account. Don’t worry – the system is retroactive! Every point that you’ve earned while adventuring across Tyria will count towards exciting rewards, including:
Exclusive armor and weapon skin unlocks – including Radiant armor, Hellfire armor, and the Zenith weapon set.
Permanent account bonuses—permanent boosts to Magic Find, experience from kills, karma gain, and more. Earn achievement points on any character and get rewards for all of your characters.
Currencies – gold, gems, karma, and laurels.
PvP Rewards—skins and glory boosters.
WvW Rewards—use Badges of Honor and siege blueprints to help push your server to victory.
Utility Items—Instant Repair Canisters, Revive Orbs, powerful boosters, and more.
Unique Titles—show off your dedication to your fellow players.
Play the way you want and earn powerful rewards as you do so!

New User Interface

In addition to the new reward structure, we’ve revamped the achievements panel UI to make it easier than ever to dig into the achievements system. There are some big changes:
Summary page—This page gives you quick access to all of the achievement skins you’ve unlocked, achievements you’ve recently completed, and your account bonuses.
Details page—Use this page to drill down into individual achievements to find detailed objectives, point breakdowns, and other useful information like suggested locations and potential rewards.
Watch list—Track up to 20 specific achievements in the Watch List panel and display the top six in the HUD.
Category grouping—Achievement categories are now organized into groups to allow faster navigation and easier access to the information you want.
We’ll continue to work on improving systems and rewards across the entire game, and we’re excited for what lies ahead! Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you in Tyria!

Lunar15

I think my main fear, which has yet to be quelled, is that more frequent updates mean less substance. It's like with the weapons that are introduced with each update, everyone rushes after those, only to go after the even newer ones in the next update. The fact that these are temporary means that everyone's going to try to get them, which kind of lessens the impact having all of these other existing weapons.

Now that many of us have leveled up our characters to 80, there is a need for progression. That's the age old debate about endgame content and whether this game has it or not. One of the answers was that you could go for high end loot, on a cosmetic level. But these new updates seem to run counter to that philosophy.

You also run the risk of updates becoming uninteresting just through the sheer volume of them. If people get burned out on just one update, they're less likely to trust any of the others, which DEFINITELY happened with Dragon Bash. Dragon Bash was so underwhelming that it knocked me out of the game for nearly a month, and several of my friends straight up stopped playing altogether. The reasoning is that "oh, we see what this stuff is going to contain, and it's just going to be grind-loot-fest" stuff that we don't need anymore. Especially if none of the changes are permanent, because it feels like no story event is going to have an actual impact.

There's diminishing returns with these updates. We'll see what happens in the next one, as it looks fairly substantial. But at this point, the concepts have been much more interesting than the actual executions. It's not a matter of entitlement. I'm not sitting here saying "we deserve MORE content!" It's all free content, and that's great. But the limitations of short updates are becoming inevitably clear, and it could be dangerous for them in the long run.

This could all just me being burnt out on the game. But if the purpose of these updates is to keep people from being burnt out, sometimes I think the opposite happens. But at the same time I don't know how long I would have continued had they not done that. Like I said before, the whole concept confuses me, and I can't really understand Anet's vision because, understandably, it's overly-optimistic and vague.

Exclusive armor and weapon skin unlocks – including Radiant armor, Hellfire armor, and the Zenith weapon set.

I wonder if they have only shown parts of these new armor sets in the screenshots. Hope they mean armor "set" and not just armor "peices" (gloves, helm and shoulders)...they look like they would be awesome as a whole set together.

I bet there is 1 more set for light armor because Radiant is being worn by a Medium armor class and Hellfire by the Heavy armor class.

Lunar15

This is their answer for endgame progression. And it's not a bad idea, since they can tie in achievements to any update they do.

Buuuuut, not a fan of fillin' bars. I like lore and getting through a story. We'll see if they move in that direction.

Cels

i just hope the achievement rewards are unlimited HoM style rewards rather than one-time uses or currency-style purchases.

Levyne

Banned
That's how I interpret it. Having x points gives you access to ____ items instead of having x points to spend. We'll see though.

Lunar15

That's how I interpret it. Having x points gives you access to ____ items instead of having x points to spend. We'll see though.

Hmm, going by the rewards, which include laurels, currency, and boosts, it doesn't seem like it's going to be unlimited reward style.

*Reads new achievement info*

Somebody post that kermit fap gif

Seriously, this was a good idea.

Lunar,

I understand your concerns about LS content and that's why I said expansions would still be required but a few of the guys here have inferred that there is a larger LS team creating that large scale content we crave. Or at least that's what I got from a few comments. It seems plausible enough if they truly want to avoid a boxed expansion. Let's hope the future of LS includes large, meaty story updates with other Elder Dragons and new zones and races :D Have to be patient, it's still in the first year.

Lunar15

*Reads new achievement info*

Somebody post that kermit fap gif

Seriously, this was a good idea.

Lunar,

I understand your concerns about LS content and that's why I said expansions would still be required but a few of the guys here have inferred that there is a larger LS team creating that large scale content we crave. Or at least that's what I got from a few comments. It seems plausible enough if they truly want to avoid a boxed expansion. Let's hope the future of LS includes large, meaty story updates with other Elder Dragons and new zones and races :D Have to be patient, it's still in the first year.

Yeah, I understand that it's early. As I mentioned, it's all highly experimental right now. It's less of a feeling of disappointment, and more of a feeling of confusion.

The added story and lore have been disappointing, however.

Ashodin

Hmm, going by the rewards, which include laurels, currency, and boosts, it doesn't seem like it's going to be unlimited reward style.

Pulling a Hawkian

Summary page—This page gives you quick access to all of the achievement skins you’ve unlocked, achievements you’ve recently completed, and your account bonuses.

Sounds like an unlimited thing to me.

Lunar15

Pulling a Hawkian

Sounds like an unlimited thing to me.

So we have two bots. GREAT. Or is Ashodin just another Hawkbot? it is a mystery.

The Hellfire/Radiant armor sets do seem perfect for this, and will most likely be exactly like the HoM rewards. But I'm confused as to how the other stuff, like laurels, currency, and boosts will work.

Jira

Man, I wonder how they can afford to have so much development going on. Is the game really bringing in that much cash?

They said today in the Eurogamer interview that the box sales and gem store sales are enough to sustain their entire development, to the point where they don't need to sell boxed expansions to make money. They're also coming up on a 4 million sales mark 7 months after hitting 3 million.

I wonder if they ever are going to end up on STEAM or other DD platforms. I'm sure that would be another way for them to generate extra revenue if push came to shove.

Jira

Just to clarify a bit, as Mike said there are numerous teams beyond our Living World teams, and some of them are working on much longer term projects which we’ll go into details on much further down the road.

It’s entirely possible some of the types of content which you might traditionally find in expansions would be released through an expansion in the future for Gw2, and it’s possible we’d try something different when it comes to integrating those type of releases.

We have no final plans one way or another about expansions at this time, and certainly haven’t ruled them out, it’s something we’ll discuss more in the future.

Edited to add: Our primary focus right now is on making the core Gw2 experience as strong and compelling as possible, we’ll release a blog post later this month detailing more specifically our plans for Gw2 in the second half of 2013.

Ashodin

So culling will happen on July 5th. I will remove anyone who hasn't earned achievements before Super Adventure Box (4/1/2013). It is probably literally impossible to play without doing so unless intentionally doing so.

I must be the only one that thinks the "core GW2 experience" is perfect already. Colin just make more story and lore and paste it to Guild Wars 2.

Earlier today I was playing and I went to field of ruin on my warrior and decided that every npc that has a unique name I will talk to, and it wa so awesome. Talking to NPCs you learn so much about the lore of the area, dragons the conflicts in the area and they usually kick off events that I never did while map completing on my engineer.

xeris

So we have two bots. GREAT. Or is Ashodin just another Hawkbot? it is a mystery.

The Hellfire/Radiant armor sets do seem perfect for this, and will most likely be exactly like the HoM rewards. But I'm confused as to how the other stuff, like laurels, currency, and boosts will work.

I would assume it'd be a one time gift for certain levels. Hit 1000 achievement and get 10 laurels or 5 gold or both. Hit 1500 and get 15 more laurels. Probably mostly given at the lower levels or as mini-milestones between skins and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom