• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanamechan

The only stuff that really disappears is the non-descript and grindy stuff like smashing pinata's and killing mobs that pop out of boxes/holograms/whatever else and even then the spirit of those events returns almost every month with just a costume change.

That's pretty good to hear, I wish they'd communicate that better. I wouldn't even know about it if I hadn't made that post here - all info from players I talked to so far was pretty much "this isn't going to stay ingame, do it now".

Thanks for sharing, gives me something to look forward to whenf they end up putting that stuff back in in a more permanent fashion.

You usually have a lot of time to do them, honestly.

If you play them when they're current. What I meant was more that you really can't once the story is over. I kinda liked how GW 1 handled that - you could do War in Kryta even way later.

froliq

Would love a guild invite aswell. Froliq.9246

Giving Guild Wars 2 another shot since it's summer time and all. Currently playing on Far Shiverpeaks, EU server. Everyone I played with originally quit. Will have to see if I can get to like the game again before justifying paying for a transfer.

Kite

I feel like I should have done a Necro defense post earlier. It's my second favorite class, after all.
I don't think necros need any defending, they are amazing in world vs world and bordering on being overpowered. The amount of aoe pressure a condition necro can put out is scary, a guildie of mine calls us an unkillable hateful ball of AIDs. Between my staff marks, wells, the 2 aoe abilities while in death shroud, plague form and my scepter/dagger I'm seeing numbers flying all over my screen and the sparkling bags appearing everywhere. I honestly don't know why no one is calling for plague form to be nerfed. I get stability, increased defensive stats and I get to spam blind, weakness, cripple and bleeding. When several necros go plague form we break up enemy zergs fast, and when you have a good melee pain train coming in after us to clean up the enemy zerg just dies. Necro is great in wvw :D

Maybe Tarnished Coast is really packed? I run into people all over the place. Especially during prime time or when there's a daily achievement. The beginner zones are downright full of life, and the mid zones not that bad.
TC is a very populated server because it has a reputation for being a very friendly and fun server. SoR isn't as populated but the lowbie and mid areas have plenty of people running around leveling.

leng jai

So what have I missed in the last 2 weeks? I'm still in London until next wednesday. Probably been kicked out of the guild again by Katoki by now.

LkPr

Dunno if anyone has posted it yet here but Dulfy has posted all the guides for the upcoming patch tomorrow detailing tons of info.

LkPr

For every 500 achievement points you earn, you get an achievement chest as a reward. The following is a reward table that was given (may not reflect live servers).
Weapon/Armor skins, once unlocked, can be used infinite times and directly withdrawn from the achievement window (sort of like HOM skins).
A whole selection of Zenith weapon skins will be available, not just the five shown below. You can pick only one skin to unlock per achievement chest.
Armor skins are unlocked at higher achievement points (Hellfire and Radiant armor skins)
You tend to get better rewards for reaching achievement points with three 0s (i.e. 1000, 2000, 3000) than two 0s (i.e. 500, 2500)

Achievement Points Rewards
1 Gold
1 Laurel
1% Account wide Magic Find
1 Gold
2 Laurels
1% Account wide Gold Find
Choice of five Zenith weapon skins (longbow, shortbow, hammer, staff, greatsword)
1 Gold
1 Laurel
1% Account wide Karma Gain
1 Gold
2 Laurels
1% Account wide XP Gain
Choice of five Zenith weapon skins (longbow, shortbow, hammer, staff, greatsword)
5 Gold
5 Laurels
1% Account wide Gold Find, Karma Gain
2% Account wide XP Gain

http://dulfy.net/2013/07/08/gw2-account-achievements-rewards-and-ui-revamp-overview/

Garibaldi

I've reinstalled this (had it at launch, got distracted). What's the crack with the EU side of the GAF guild? Are they still going strong or did everyone make a switch over to the US server?

Retro

Just a heads up, there's a new feature of GAFGuild.com; User Albums. You can find it right at the top of the forum. A big thanks to Ferny for maintaining the site and adding this new feature!

Anyone can create an album that others can see, so if you want to show off some screenshots you like, all of your character outfits, or just post funny pictures, you can do so directly into a publicly viewable space.

I'm in the process of getting all of our Event Photos up. Remember to keep any photos you upload tame as this is a semi-public forum.

I'd love a DVR like functionality in game that sort of summed up the overall story line, re-played important cutscenes, maybe even a flyby of the boss fights in the dungeons, things like that. The Durmand Priory are perfect for it.

The Durmand Priory would be a cool way to integrate current events; have a Priory agent hanging around in the various cities (they have camps established already) that you can ask about 'Recent Events' to get a short video and summary, like talking to a scout. Could be quite cool.

Could I get an invite to the guild?

First thing I did this morning after getting up, welcome to GAFGuild, remember to represent.

Man I swear I have ran into maybe 3 people the whole time Ive been leveling my Charr :/
So many Ghost bosses running about unchecked! I cant do many of the bigger quests as the ghost bosses just kick my ass.
Sadly, yes, this is the state of the game right now. Just like every other MMO.

That, or, you know, it was well after midnight on a Sunday Night for the majority of players when that was posted, closer to the time folks on the East Coast wake up. But no, it's the "state of the game."
JUWnj.gif

Would love a guild invite aswell. Froliq.9246

Invite sent, messaged you in-game. Remember to represent!

I've reinstalled this (had it at launch, got distracted). What's the crack with the EU side of the GAF guild? Are they still going strong or did everyone make a switch over to the US server?

Basically before launch we had a bunch of EU players roll on NA servers during the Beta Weekends to see what latency was like, because our plan was for everyone to just roll on one server. Before that could happen, a GAFer named Naito basically created a poll and started pushing for a separate EU guild without even discussing it with the officers. They eventually settled on Gandara, and to help EUGAF start off strong we gave him/her and Mulligan officer status.

Unfortunately, Naito hasn't posted on the GAFGuild site since September of last year, Mulligan since August. Without any leadership, EU GAF dissolved. A lot of folks migrated to Stormbluff Isle and GAFGuild proper and it's been smoother sailing since.

If you decide you want to transfer over to Stormbluff Isle, we actually took up a collection for just such a purpose. If you're unable to pay for a transfer yourself, we can help pay for the cost. GAF looks out for GAF. We only ask that you make sure you'll be playing for a while before you transfer, as it's somewhat expensive and just about everyone chipped in to make this happen. I don't think anyone would be angry, but if somebody transfered and then stopped playing it would mean the next person who really needs a hand switching servers is less likely to be able to.

Lunar15

The only problem with the zenith weapons is that they're too amazing looking. Everyone's gonna have 'em.

Also, I completely approve of the new achievements system. I think it solves a lot of the issues I've brought up before, and I think gives people even better direction of what to do once they hit 80 than the dailies/monthlies. It definitely gives more incentive to participate in living story updates, and makes the game more coherent overall.

Garibaldi

Basically before launch we had a bunch of EU players roll on NA servers during the Beta Weekends to see what latency was like, because our plan was for everyone to just roll on one server. Before that could happen, a GAFer named Naito basically created a poll and started pushing for a separate EU guild without even discussing it with the officers. They eventually settled on Gandara, and to help EUGAF start off strong we gave him/her and Mulligan officer status.

Unfortunately, Naito hasn't posted on the GAFGuild site since September of last year, Mulligan since August. Without any leadership, EU GAF dissolved. A lot of folks migrated to Stormbluff Isle and GAFGuild proper and it's been smoother sailing since.

If you decide you want to transfer over to Stormbluff Isle, we actually took up a collection for just such a purpose. If you're unable to pay for a transfer yourself, we can help pay for the cost. GAF looks out for GAF. We only ask that you make sure you'll be playing for a while before you transfer, as it's somewhat expensive and just about everyone chipped in to make this happen. I don't think anyone would be angry, but if somebody transfered and then stopped playing it would mean the next person who really needs a hand switching servers is less likely to be able to.

Ah that's no worry. I would never ask for a transfer fund. My plan is to pick up where I am on Gandara and make a decision after pay day on whether to transfer based on how active my friends seem to be. Cheers tho. GAF is good!

I meant over the course of the last few days, I was/am still at work when I posted that. I was on late last night and kind of early morning.
Maybe its just because the starter area is abit rubbish compared to one that may be more popular?

Ceres

Banned
Maybe Tarnished Coast is really packed? I run into people all over the place. Especially during prime time or when there's a daily achievement. The beginner zones are downright full of life, and the mid zones not that bad.

Dailies and chest events are the main reason anyone goes to the starter areas. But with the api, there's a whole lot less hanging out on maps waiting and doing other nearby events. And even before then, the charr starter area has only 1 chest event according to gw2stuff and I've never heard anyone actually call it out that its up. I see a lot more roaming in metrica than I ever do in plains of ashford when a daily doesn't relate to a particilar area.

Proven

I don't think necros need any defending, they are amazing in world vs world and bordering on being overpowered. The amount of aoe pressure a condition necro can put out is scary, a guildie of mine calls us an unkillable hateful ball of AIDs. Between my staff marks, wells, the 2 aoe abilities while in death shroud, plague form and my scepter/dagger I'm seeing numbers flying all over my screen and the sparkling bags appearing everywhere. I honestly don't know why no one is calling for plague form to be nerfed. I get stability, increased defensive stats and I get to spam blind, weakness, cripple and bleeding. When several necros go plague form we break up enemy zergs fast, and when you have a good melee pain train coming in after us to clean up the enemy zerg just dies. Necro is great in wvw :D

Haha, true. I just wanted to alter the conversation from condition damage Necros, if only a little.

With the embargo lifted, there's a lot of stuff to read and see. There's also a new zone! The three things that jump at me:

1. As mentioned, the Achievement reward system seems pretty cool. I'm a little annoyed that the bonuses are primarily PvE focused, but at the same time the achievement point balance is weighted heavily towards PvE activities.

2. Skyhammer looks awesome. It's definitely the map that was data-mined months ago. My only nitpick is that it's a map designed more for 8v8 play than anything else. Also, Necros and Guardians (and maybe the Engineer build I've been cooking up...) will be knocking people to their death for days.

3. Quartz isn't, but their upgraded forms are both account bound and time gated, much like Laurels are. That's irritating. It'll take 5 days just to craft one piece of the related exotic armor.

nataku

I hope they continue to move magic find over to an account bonus from achievements, and eventually phase it out of gear completely. Should have never been on gear to begin with, IMO.

Things like XP/Gold/Karma/Magic boost find should all be tied to achievements, and account based. Food is ok too.

Windam

Scaley member
Can I get an invite to the guild? I was in it once, around launch, but I got kicked out because I didn't have much time to play with school stuff to do. That's fixed now since it's summer, and I have nothing better to do. Also, I'm level 32 (still, ugh) and I have no clue what to do really since I haven't been on in so long. Name's Derezzer in-game.

Zhaitaffy and Candy Corn prices are going to rise today.

Already bought a few hundred this morning and the price had risen from what I recall it being a couple days ago. Depending on what the stats are and what we can make, I'll either resell them when it goes live or use them to get the recipes.

Glad I started hording Zaitafy, have about 500 on hand now, coolbeans.

Per the wiki, it seems like Celestial prefix stuff in the works. You need 5 charged quartz (25 quartz per) plus 5 Orichalcum Plated Dowel plus 2 ancient wood.

I guess that's not too bad, hope to mine enough of it over the event for 3-4 weapons worth. shouldn't be an issue.

Trey

It's smart of them to make old event "trash" lead to new event treasure. Also decent of them to give T1 mat economy a shot in the arm.

Also, has dulfy.net always been this amazing? There's a comprehensive - probably definitive - guide to the patch and it's not even out yet.

Mudo

So I have the game installed on my computer but have not played since about 1-2 months after launch. I got an Engineer up to around level 60-65 if I'm remembering correctly. Has anything massive changed for that class? I do recall it having a lot to juggle and I never really felt it "clicked". I have not tried any other classes either. Any suggestions as to whether I should pick up where I left off or try something new? I'll probably be on tonight after work if the updates don't take too long..

Proven

It's smart of them to make old event "trash" lead to new event treasure. Also decent of them to give T1 mat economy a shot in the arm.

Also, has dulfy.net always been this amazing? There's a comprehensive - probably definitive - guide to the patch and it's not even out yet.

With the last patch (or the one before?) they've started giving press private preview weekends just before each patch. Dulfy was already comprehensive before that.

With the last patch (or the one before?) they've started giving press private preview weekends just before each patch. Dulfy was already comprehensive before that.

Yup. It's only been the past couple patches that Dulfy's guides were up before the patch hit but even before then, Dulfy's guides and such are usually completed within 24-36 hours. No idea how much staff works there but they are a dedicated bunch as they seem to be able to do this for multiple MMO's.

Kite

A lot of guilds help Dulfy with her guides, for example mine helped with the guild puzzle guides for Langmar Estate and Angvar’s Trove. [EG] is credited at the bottom of the page ^_^

Anno

Retroactive, but only 1 a day. So it'll be a number of days for it to catch up.

The Zenith skins look great. GS and staff here I (and everyone else) come.

Retroactive, but only 1 a day. So it'll be a number of days for it to catch up.

The Zenith skins look great. GS and staff here I (and everyone else) come.

On that, you can endlessly unlock one per day, of a different one, correct? What about the gold and such rewards?

I'm only at about 2300, due to quitting for like six months, but would that still let me open the 1-2000 rewards over and over again?

To be fair, that's how dragon bash started, and then they rolled out Aetherblade Retreat.

Dragon Bash is seperate from Sky Pirates of Tyria.

I guess next update we will get something like that but I love the fact that it actually is a totally new area.

Totally surprised that it is east of
Mount Maelstrom
can't wait to explore this new area.

So I have the game installed on my computer but have not played since about 1-2 months after launch. I got an Engineer up to around level 60-65 if I'm remembering correctly. Has anything massive changed for that class? I do recall it having a lot to juggle and I never really felt it "clicked". I have not tried any other classes either. Any suggestions as to whether I should pick up where I left off or try something new? I'll probably be on tonight after work if the updates don't take too long..

I say try something new if it's not clicking. I've got an 80 elementalist, 80 Thief, 80 Gaurdian, 75 warrior, and 10 engineer here. Theif and gaurdian were a blast to play, Ele one heck of a challenge, and warrior was pretty interesting. Head a lot of good things about mesmers, looks like a fun class.

No experience with Necros or Rangers though. Seems like both have some flaws to them.

Trey

On that, you can endlessly unlock one per day, of a different one, correct? What about the gold and such rewards?

I'm only at about 2300, due to quitting for like six months, but would that still let me open the 1-2000 rewards over and over again?

You choose your reward at a certain tier level, and that's it. It's a one time only thing. You can choose a windfall of 1G, 1 laurel, permanent 1% increase in gold and (or?) karma accumulation, or an infinite number of account bound weapon skin (one weapon only per tier claim).

On the first day you'd get the 500 point chest.
Second: 1000 point chest
Third: 1500

etc

So its one chest per day, no matter how many you have unlocked? If I unlock 500-200, can I re-unlock them for different rewards later, or is it a 'always get that reward' sort of thing?

You don't re-acquire all the rewards. You simply have access to the skins that you've unlocked as many times as you want. And I'm sure it's the specific skins you've unlocked and not being able to constantly choose new skins. Otherwise it would defeat the purpose of having the skin unlocks tiered for different levels of Achievement Points.

LkPr

You choose your reward at a certain tier level, and that's it. It's a one time only thing. You can choose a windfall of 1G, 1 laurel, permanent 1% increase in gold and (or?) karma accumulation, or an infinite number of account bound weapon skin (one weapon only per tier claim).

are you sure about this? The way I understood it was that you get ALL the rewards for a specific tier.

so for 1000 Achievement Points you get ALL of the following:

- 1 Gold
- 2 Laurels
- 1% Account wide Gold Find
- (pick ONE) Choice of five Zenith weapon skins (longbow, shortbow, hammer, staff, greatsword)

are you sure about this? The way I understood it was that you get ALL the rewards for a specific tier.

- 1 Gold
- 2 Laurels
- (pick ONE) Choice of five Zenith weapon skins (longbow, shortbow, hammer, staff, greatsword)

I agree with your understanding of it. The only choice you need to make is on the Thousand chests (1000,2000,3000, etc..) and that's only a choice as to what skin you want to unlock at that time.

- 1 Gold
- 2 Laurels

That's how i'm reading it after a second look and looking at the screenshots.

So it seems at 2300 points, I can expect some gold, laurels, some nice boosts to global stuff, and two skins for weapons. Going to be a hard choice on skins me thinks.

Mudo

I say try something new if it's not clicking. I've got an 80 elementalist, 80 Thief, 80 Gaurdian, 75 warrior, and 10 engineer here. Theif and gaurdian were a blast to play, Ele one heck of a challenge, and warrior was pretty interesting. Head a lot of good things about mesmers, looks like a fun class.

No experience with Necros or Rangers though. Seems like both have some flaws to them.

Ok thanks for the tips. I will likely re-roll something new tonight. Going to spend lunch break looking up Thief and Guardian to see what they're all about =)

Eric WK

Wait, this is the first I'm reading about having a choice between a weapon skin and the other rewards. I was under the impression the choice of a skin is in addition to the boosts/rewards for that tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom