• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about how he hates fun and that he lives under a bridge.

Fractals were added.
Southsun Cove was added.
World Boss chests were added.
Many new poi's and jumping puzzles.
Many new stories that could lead to other maps or dragons if you know anything about lore.

You should cheer up.

Levyne

Banned
Ah sorry. I was on my phone so the picture is tiny.

As someone who built a new rig just in time for GW2 and was looking forward to WvW...

Just turn down your settings and go up from there. Just do it. For the love of your sanity.

Yeah, I really have no problem turning down settings for wvw. Luckily scholarships>tuition+fees for the fall so that may change soon :)

Since GW2 is really...all I play....I may go all out on the CPU and less so on the GPU. I will probably ask around here for advice when I get around to it since I trust and like you guys.

I do.

You guys are awesome.

I did AR last night with a PUG from GW2LFG. It was a group with a first run for a nearly everyone (me included), so lots of inexperience, lots of death.

Took us over 3 hours, but we did it. Everyone stuck around, which was great. It's nice to see people not rage quit after dying so much. The last time we were going to try before calling it everything went nearly perfect. We had one person die, but were able to get him up quickly after the cannon fire stopped.

Great dungeon. The boss fights were a lot of fun with interesting mechanics.

That's an awesome story. I doubt I would have had the patience.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I love running dungeons with patient PUGs about as much as I hate doing so with impatient PUGs. I really get a kick out of the "keep it together, we'll get it" aspect of a team of people doing something as a group for the first time.

Levyne

Banned
I am stuck at home so maybe I will be able to play when the patch hits!

(That mod brother of mine took the car and now I am stranded :( )

Eric WK

I haven't jumped into fractals since hitting 80, and I'd really prefer not to PUG them. So I'm definitely game.

And also, patch notes are up, but I'm posting from my phone so I can't post them right now.

Lunar15

Get'cha patch notes, patch notes here, gettem while they're hot!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/july-9-content-release-notes/

A new conversation will play when players visit Braham in Cragstead.

Huh. Well, that makes me excited.

EDIT: No changes for Guardian. Huh.

EDIT2: Update page slightly updated as well. There are now Zephyrite Helms:

32916Zephyrite-Helm.jpg

It sounds like this isn't Tengu affiliated. Such a missed opportunity. They're a mystical group of merchants that fly around and are Asian themed. Why wouldn't you use Tengu?

Levyne

Banned
Welp, got to read the patch notes and now must work. No real surprises that I saw. Except maybe that level up item in the BL chests.

Trey

Welp, got to read the patch notes and now must work. No real surprises that I saw. Except maybe that level up item in the BL chests.

About time GW2 added rare candies. Now if they add polymock, the conversion will be complete.

Boo, fresh air being fixed. Elementalist forums will complain even more, now.

docbon

Siege blueprints are no longer account-bound and can now be mailed to other players and traded on the Trading Post. Players who already have any siege blueprints and want the tradable version can either obtain another or use the one they have and then use the “2” skill to pack it up again.

war economy incoming

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
New achievements have been added to the Living World, Bazaar of the Four Winds category that involve traveling to Zephyr Sanctum, participating in the Sanctum Sprint race, collecting crystals, locating kites, and watching a quaggan show, among others
quaggan show??
The Arcane Council has outlawed swimming in the waters beneath Rata Sum after reports of pollution by non-asuran races. Trespassers will be jailed!
curse you, bookahs.
Shatterstone: This ability will no longer cancel when autoattack is engaged.
Whew, back to being non-useless for me.
Chaos Armor: This skill no longer automatically applies protection when activated. This buff now provides an equal chance to trigger regeneration, swiftness, or protection on hit with a 1-second internal recharge. The random condition applied now has a 1-second internal recharge per target. These changes apply to the Chaos Armor provided through combo finishers as well.
:( Big nerf to the "real" Chaos Armor
Siege blueprints are no longer account-bound and can now be mailed to other players and traded on the Trading Post. Players who already have any siege blueprints and want the tradable version can either obtain another or use the one they have and then use the “2” skill to pack it up again.
Nom.
The Outmanned buff has been renamed to Outnumbered.
Uh, okay, why not
The Bazaar Quaggan Mini Pack is now available in the Gem Store in the Minis category for 500 gems. This pack contains three new quaggan minis: Poowulpi the Persnicketous, Peggellegg the Pirate, and Kookoochoo the Incredulous.
Quaggan's a pirate!
The Tome of Knowledge has been added as a rare drop from Black Lion Chests. Using the Tome of Knowledge will grant the character one level and all associated benefits. If a level 80 character uses the tome, they will gain a skill point.
This item just cracks me up for some reason.

Jira

208fcCP_NextHero_EN.jpg

Looks like a vote is coming up next. July 16th for new info.

Name of the file is CP_NextHero...wonder what CP stands for?

208fcCP_NextHero_EN.jpg

Check back on July 16 for more details!

This is probably what will be more story focused and hopefully with zero dumb activities.

I have a feeling people are going to complain that they have to use skills to get around this new area instead of just regular jumping. It will become barren once you can no longer get quartz from the vendors.

Got to stop being so negative...

Retro

208fcCP_NextHero_EN.jpg

Looks like a vote is coming up next.

Evon Gnashblade runs the Black Lion Trading company. I wonder if this is his attempt to gain control over the Council and drive out the Consortium.

Also, he could be the mysterious "E" who's been sending us letters.

I wonder if this means players get to vote for one or the other.

Evon Gnashblade runs the Black Lion Trading company. I wonder if this is his attempt to gain control over the Council and drive out the Consortium.

Also, he could be the mysterious "E" who's been sending us letters.

Hmmm Sea of Sorrows novel light spoilers
I hope it's not a rehash of the council drama from the book, though I suppose that already happened with Sky Pirates to an extent.

Trey

No way 79 Tomes of Knowledge will be cheaper than crafting to 80, but a guy can dream.

Are they account bound? I don't recall the notes specifying.

Retro

No way 79 Tomes of Knowledge will be cheaper than crafting to 80, but a guy can dream.

Are they account bound? I don't recall the notes specifying.

I think all Black Lion Chest items are Account Bound, but we'll have to wait and see.

Just read they added another "cache" (kite) inside the WvW jp.

Oh joy. ;.;

Lore wise this makes it seem like WvW lands are actually on Tyria somewhere and not in the Mists as they say...unless the Aetherblades and Zephyrs thought it would be funny to go into the mists and hide stuff there....

Dunlop

So I'm back with my level 80 engineer, respseced using a guide and picked up some gear from the AH

..what exactly should I be doing now? (lol)

Proven

Lore wise this makes it seem like WvW lands are actually on Tyria somewhere and not in the Mists as they say...unless the Aetherblades and Zephyrs thought it would be funny to go into the mists and hide stuff there....

Well... there are three was you can look at it.

1. The WvW lands are divided by server, so each server does have a section to call their own. So they could be connected by a land/sea route like the Battle Isles once were...

2. They just went through the portals like everyone else. Probably disguised.

3. ANet sometimes doesn't care about lore.

Edit:
Patch notes aren't all that exciting after having read most of the meat yesterday. They aren't doing any panic changes to the last patch, beyond the Thief Shadow trap nerf, which isn't a bad thing. The Chaos Armor nerf is interesting, as it brings the skill version back towards its original self (the protection change was a straight buff given during the winter, right?).

Lunar15

Also, for anyone wondering how the Bazaar connects to the next update, see the Zephyrite Wiki Page:

Zephyr Sanctum is known for hosting political and business events due to the peaceful environment to reduce tensions.

nataku

I was just one achievement away from the mini Horrik and the patch hits.

Why ANet, why.

That's going to bug me for an eternity now.

LkPr

Are they really only giving the Achievement Point bonuses retroactively at 100 points per day?

I just read on Reddit that some people received their 100pt rewards today and I think that was it ...

Levyne

Banned
Ok.

Don't know what those redditors are complaining about then.

Edit: Or not. Doesn't really matter to me. Can't complain about a couple weeks of freebies.

LkPr

people on official forum posting the same... chest given for 100 achievements pts... so maybe your right, a chest for 100 pts to get the ball rolling?

LkPr

apparently they upped the amount of achievement points you get for hall of monument achievements as well.. people saying it went from 2 per achievement to like 50.. so some people may see an extra almost 500 pts today lol

Just logged in and yup, The first chest you get says it's for 100 Achievement points. Got 13 items total from it. 5 boosters, Bank Access Express, Instant Repair Canister, Revive Orb, Leather Bag, 3 copper tools (one of each type), and sip of karma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom