• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bosses tab now has "Suggested Locations" under the achievements to let you know where you should be to try to get them. I suspect most of us have them all by now but that's pretty cool.

Edit: To clarify, you can click on the text under Suggested Locations and it circles the area of the map where that boss is located.

So can no one see past the rewards for 2500 achievement pts yet?

Correct. I don't know if it will slide them down one by one or only show the next group after completing them all, but due to the daily limit, no one can see past it yet. We'll have to see at reset if that changes.

LkPr

Correct. I don't know if it will slide them down one by one or only show the next group after completing them all, but due to the daily limit, no one can see past it yet. We'll have to see at reset if that changes.

OK, thanks for curbing my curiosity. Being stuck at work SUCKS on patch day lol.

OK, thanks for curbing my curiosity. Being stuck at work SUCKS on patch day lol.

No worries. I'm just lucky that my kids are napping so I get to steal some time to look around a bit.

Sidenote:
Definitely feels a bit Asian inspired. Perhaps this is how they'll get around the Canthan thing?

No worries. I'm just lucky that my kids are napping so I get to steal some time to look around a bit.

Sidenote:
Definitely feels a bit Asian inspired. Perhaps this is how they'll get around the Canthan thing?

Nvm. Read the wiki...
The Zephyrites are a secluded, zen-like organization of humans located in Zephyr Sanctum, a large flying ship roaming the skys of Tyria.

How are these guys existing in the sky with all the Dragons flying everywhere...strange!

LkPr

Copy/Paste :)

Hello fellow explorers! It took me a bit longer to sift through the sheer amount of new strings. This also means I could've missed a couple important ones but I will keep you up to date.
Bank tab expansion
109837_0747 Even More Space! Expand your Bank Up to 15 Tabs!
109837_0748 Add an extra bank tab for your account. Each account can purchase up to 14 additional tabs including any previously purchased in game.
109837_0749 Double-click to add an extra bank tab for your account. Each account can have up to 15 total bank tabs.

Limited time summons
109837_0743 Unlimited use for one week. Summons a Banker NPC to your location for 15 minutes.
109837_0744 Unlimited use for one week. Summons a Black Lion Trading Post NPC to your location for 15 minutes.
109837_0745 Unlimited use for one week. Summons a merchant NPC to your location which lasts for 15 minutes.

Hairstyles
109837_0746 Exclusive Hairstyles! Only in Hair and Makeover Kits!

Basket Brawl
109838_0444 Basket Brawl
109838_0445 —Put the ball in the basket to score points for your team.
109838_0446 —Close-up shots are worth 2 points.
109838_0447 —Faraway shots are worth 3 points.
109838_0448 —Shoot mid-jump to enhance accuracy.
109838_0449 —Once time's up, the team with the highest score wins.

Update - Flute
109839_0085 Raise your flute to start playing.
109839_0086 Start Playing
109839_0087 Lower your flute.
109839_0088 Stop Playing

Update - PvP finishers
109839_0265 This is your active finisher. When you finish a downed foe, this finisher will be used.
109839_0266 This is your default finisher. If your active finisher expires after all its uses have been consumed, your active finisher will automatically be set to this finisher. You may not set the default finisher to the same skill as the active finisher.

Some images:
Loading screen 1
Loading screen 2
Basket Brawl (texture map)
Sky Hammer

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1hy4wp/bank_tab_expansion_exclusive_hairstyles_basket/

LkPr

ALSO

Choose your side! Ellen Kiel, or Evon Gnashblade! Spend this token at the voting boxes located in Zephyr Sanctum and let your voice be heard

nataku

Sigh

Chaos Armor: This skill no longer automatically applies protection when activated. This buff now provides an equal chance to trigger regeneration, swiftness, or protection on hit with a 1-second internal recharge. The random condition applied now has a 1-second internal recharge per target. These changes apply to the Chaos Armor provided through combo finishers as well.

Bye bye instant protection. :(

Levito

Banned
God I'm always so blown away by how well supported this game is, Arenanet truly do put the rest of the industry to shame in that regard.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dem unlimited one-week NPCs...

Pretty down for GW2 basketball too. They really need to start enabling you to enter these things as teams.
Sigh

Bye bye instant protection. :(
:( Hurts my support build too, with Sig. of Inspiration that was party-wide instant protection. But, at least it's in the wheel of stuff you can get on hit for the combo finisher one too.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I don't get it. I have 4005 Achievypoints and only got one 500p chest, did I do something wrong?

Dem unlimited one-week NPCs...

Pretty down for GW2 basketball too. They really need to start enabling you to enter these things as teams.

:( Hurts my support build too, with Sig. of Inspiration that was party-wide instant protection. But, at least it's in the wheel of stuff you can get on hit for the combo finisher one too.

Would be awesome to create an all Asuran team that dominates at basketball.

Okay, I don't get it. I have 4005 Achievypoints and only got one 500p chest, did I do something wrong?
They are being given out once a day for every 500, so you have 7 more days of chests coming your way.

Levyne

Banned
Tomorrow you will get the 500p chest (assuming you got the 100p today and not the 500.)

Then 1000p the next

1500p

2000p

etc

Sophia

Meaning, I will get one 500p chest until my points are burnt through? What's with the bigger chests?

No, tomorrow you'll get the 500p Chest/1000p Large Chest. Then the 15000p Chest the next day, then the 2000p, chest... etc etc.

It's retroactive, one chest per achievement mark per day.

meaning you got the 100 one today, you'll get the 500 one tomororw, and the 1000 on the next day, and so on.

I thought the 100p one was just setting off the 500p one for today?

If it is how you say it is very cool that you get an extra one.

Wonder if everyone will get the 500 one at 8pm est today after the reset.

Do you have to get an achievement to activate the reward or it just pops up when you log in?

LkPr

some more data mined info:

Arena
109748_0190 Help defeat %num2% enemies in the Arena.
109751_0205 Defeat multiple enemies in succession in the Arena.
109754_0008 Defeat multiple enemies without dying in the Arena. 109754_0261 Complete %num2% Arena achievements.
109754_0360 Defeat %num2% enemies in the Arena.
109754_0489 Revive %num2% allies in the Arena.
109754_0498 Spend %num2% supply in the Arena.
109754_0500 Survive %num2% rounds in the Arena.

Wasting Game
109788_0629 Earn top score %num2% times in a Wasting Game.
109789_0244 Complete %num2% Wasting Game achievements.
109790_0964 Defeat %num2% enemies as an assassin.
109790_0965 Defeat multiple enemies in succession in a Wasting Game.
109792_0287 Injure enemies using Exploding Rations %num2% times.
109794_0677 Give ammunition to other assassins %num2% times while you are a helper golem.
109794_0678 Survive %num2% times in a Wasting Game.
109799_0813 Win %num2% Wasting Games.
109809_0300 Defeat %num2% enemies as a helper golem.

Finishers
109839_0262 Increase your rank in PvP to unlock this finisher.
109839_0263 Increase your rank in World vs. World to unlock this finisher.

LkPr

More Evon vs Ellen info!!

Evon:
Help me win a seat on the Captain’s Council, and you’ll reap the following benefits: For a limited time, I will reduce the cost of Black Lion Keys. You know you want ‘em! To celebrate our newly formed trade agreement, I will host a thrilling and dangerous competition on the shores of Southsun Cove. I will work with the consortium representatives to analyze the defining moment in the Molten Alliance struggle in their Fractals of the Mists laboratory

Ellen:
If I win this seat on the Captain’s Council, I vow to entact the following: Fast-travel services are too expensive. With me on the council, I will reduce the cost of waypoint travel for all citizens. To celebrate the Trade Agreement with our new friends, I will organize a competition at Zephyr Sanctum where the strongest and bravest can test their mettle. I will consult with the Consortium on researching a key moment in our fight against the Aetherblades using their experimental – and highly controversial – Fractals of the Mists Lab

... WOW

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy shit at both of those previous posts.

They're going to seriously make people consider how to spend their votes... damn

Kiel, because I hate WP costs and never even got to do the Aetherblade dungeon.. but what's the deal with making us choose one fractal or the other?!

Taffer

More Evon vs Ellen info!!

Evon:
Help me win a seat on the Captain’s Council, and you’ll reap the following benefits: For a limited time, I will reduce the cost of Black Lion Keys. You know you want ‘em! To celebrate our newly formed trade agreement, I will host a thrilling and dangerous competition on the shores of Southsun Cove. I will work with the consortium representatives to analyze the defining moment in the Molten Alliance struggle in their Fractals of the Mists laboratory

Ellen:
If I win this seat on the Captain’s Council, I vow to entact the following: Fast-travel services are too expensive. With me on the council, I will reduce the cost of waypoint travel for all citizens. To celebrate the Trade Agreement with our new friends, I will organize a competition at Zephyr Sanctum where the strongest and bravest can test their mettle. I will consult with the Consortium on researching a key moment in our fight against the Aetherblades using their experimental – and highly controversial – Fractals of the Mists Lab

... WOW

Go Team Ellen!

LkPr

Holy shit at both of those previous posts.

They're going to seriously make people consider how to spend their votes... damn

Kiel, because I hate WP costs and never even got to do the Aetherblade dungeon.. but what's the deal with making us choose one fractal or the other?!

Who we choose determines which "temporary" dungeon gets added as a Fractal dungeon?

Sophia

It's to make you pick the superior one of course. ;) Hooray for Evon and the Molten Alliance!

This sounds soooo exciting. :D

Anno

Yeah I think that's gonna be one-sided, though I would rather have the MA dungeon. Oh well.

On a side note, I continue to be amazed, even a year later, at the rate at which this game is incremented upon. It's just absurd. And you can tell ANet is getting better at it as time goes by.

Lunar15

Kiel is the better choice.

This is a weird setup.

If it weren't for those benefits, though, I'd be voting for Evon. Man gave us Quaggan Backpacks for pete's sake.

Eric WK

Awesome stuff.

I'd love to see the Molten Facility, but I'd rather have permanently lower waypoint costs than a limited time key discount.

Katoki

Most players will vote Kiel anyway due to all the time they've spent with her throughout the living stories and what not.

Who is Evon exactly? Where do I find him? Why would I vote for someone that I don't know about, right?

LkPr

Uh, I'm just reading the description that you yourself pasted :p Slight speculation I guess, but how else could you interpret it?

Yah none of this info is first hand :p I just thought I would bring it all here as I didn't see anyone else mentioning it.

So your guess is as good as mine but that is how I interpreted it.

Levyne

Banned
It would be interesting if they gave Evon the more desirable wp cost reduction and weighed that against Kiel's familiarity. But nope, gonna be a landslide.

Lunar15

Most players will vote Kiel anyway due to all the time they've spent with her throughout the living stories and what not.

Who is Evon exactly? Where do I find him? Why would I vote for someone that I don't know about, right?

He's in the back of the lion's arch Trading post, upstairs. There isn't much terribly interesting other than he's really eccentric and often likens commerce to battle. I like him as a character, and hope they do more with him.

But yeah, very weird that they'd pit those two against each other since Kiel seems like the one people would know the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom