• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric WK

Colin posted in response to the campaign promises on Reddit:

Be very careful about assuming what you find in the .dat is exactly what you'll see on live going forward. With our new feature development technology to allow multiple teams to overlap, you could be looking at extremely out of date text/info, or content we experimented with we aren't doing.

e: It's his first post so I assume it could just be someone who purports to be Colin.

Levyne

Banned
Clearly that's out of date and Trahearne is running instead.

(Lore-nerds, don't tell me why that doesn't make sense. It's a joke anyway)

Lunar15

Clearly that's out of date and Trahearne is running instead.

(Lore-nerds, don't tell me why that doesn't make sense. It's a joke anyway)

No silly, we'll vote for Evon or Ellen, and Trahearne will just show up and take the seat anyway.

Related: Where's my seat on the captain's council? Give me a boat, I've done enough for Lion's Arch to throw my weight around.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's very wise to take the stuff with a grain of salt regardless, even if that's not Colin.

To Katoki's inquiry, Evon Gnashblade is the head of the Black Lion Trading Company, and the one with the most to lose or gain from the success or failure of the Consortium. He's the dude who puts the Boxes o' Fun together, and makes the announcements about new gem store items. He can be found at the top of the LA Black Lion TP building, with his aide-de-camp, the sylvari Sareb, who has a few interesting things to say too. She sold Zojja a golem.

I've always liked him. We've been through more personally with Ellen, for sure, but really I'd be voting based mainly on the selfish desire to see the Aetherblade dungeon. But why not both? :( I really hope there's some loophole where the other one gets added the next month or something

Lunar15

It's very wise to take the stuff with a grain of salt regardless, even if that's not Colin.

To Katoki's inquiry, Evon Gnashblade is the head of the Black Lion Trading Company, and the one with the most to lose or gain from the success or failure of the Consortium. He's the dude who puts the Boxes o' Fun together, and makes the announcements about new gem store items. He can be found at the top of the LA Black Lion TP building, with his aide-de-camp, the sylvari Sareb, who has a few interesting things to say too. She sold Zojja a golem.

I've always liked him. We've been through more personally with Ellen, for sure, but really I'd be voting based mainly on the selfish desire to see the Aetherblade dungeon. But why not both? :( I really hope there's some loophole where the other one gets added the next month or something

Yeah, I enjoyed talking to Sareb. She makes Evon out to be a pretty great guy who helped her out. And yeah, she sold Zojja the Golem that was used to make Mr. Sparkles. I like Evon too. I'd like to see them do more with him, since he seems like such an eccentric character that's explored the world. Does he count as a captain though? I guess he would if he runs a fleet of trade ships.

And regarding the datamined stuff, yeah take it all with a grain of salt. Remember when they datamined swimsuits, and we thought those would be tied to Southsun? Didn't happen.

Eric WK

I'd have to think the wording of the Fractals promise ("research") lends itself to the idea that these aren't mutually exclusive.

Levyne

Banned
I sincerely doubt that one of the instances will be lost forever...there would be so much "hell to pay" so to speak.

But....I kind of hope they do. It would be insanely gutsy. But again, sincerely doubt it.

Ghost23

Ok guys, I need some suggestions for my "ice and fire" look. I'm going to use two Corrupted Shards, and the COF armor for the shoulders, boots, and gloves. What other pieces of armor should I use for the best ice and fire look?

Oh, and I'm a Sylvari Elementalist.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I sincerely doubt that one of the instances will be lost forever...there would be so much "hell to pay" so to speak.

But....I kind of hope they do. It would be insanely gutsy. But again, sincerely doubt it.
That is the bad kind of gutsy!

You can get all the kind of election season factional drama (already occurring on this page!) that is a lot of fun, without permanently losing a highly popular multiplayer instance- just have this kind of thing determine which one players get first. I know I'd participate happily in every election where this was the case, no need to raise the stakes to the level of "GONE FOREVER"

Also I just noticed this from before O.O
Wasting Game
109788_0629 Earn top score %num2% times in a Wasting Game.
109789_0244 Complete %num2% Wasting Game achievements.
109790_0964 Defeat %num2% enemies as an assassin.
109790_0965 Defeat multiple enemies in succession in a Wasting Game.
109792_0287 Injure enemies using Exploding Rations %num2% times.
109794_0677 Give ammunition to other assassins %num2% times while you are a helper golem.
109794_0678 Survive %num2% times in a Wasting Game.
109799_0813 Win %num2% Wasting Games.
109809_0300 Defeat %num2% enemies as a helper golem.
holy motherfucking fuck it's the Hunger Royale

did you HEAR ME IT'S THE HUNGER ROYALE

Katoki

To Katoki's inquiry,

Oh, sorry. I should've bolded the very last sentence after the two questions as that was the point I was getting at.

Evon Gnashblade is no more than a name to me when compared to Ellen Kiel just because of the exposure she gets.

Ceres

Banned
If anyone has siege they don't use and willing to give it up for free, please mail them to me. Jibrille Ceres.
I'm sure Dhomei and others will also take donations. I'm going to redistribute what I have already depending on need (all my rams are going to commanders).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You are weak, Hawkian-bot. You must learn to deal with loss!
Seda Khold endorses unnecessary sacrifice. Vote for him!
Oh, sorry. I should've bolded the very last sentence after the two questions as that was the point I was getting at.

Evon Gnashblade is no more than a name to me when compared to Ellen Kiel just because of the exposure she gets.
Most people will probably cast their ballots in this light, unless Gnashblade gets some kind of spotlight during this little story arc.

Lunar15

If anyone has siege they don't use and willing to give it up for free, please mail them to me. Jibrille Ceres.
I'm sure Dhomei and others will also take donations. I'm going to redistribute what I have already depending on need (all my rams are going to commanders).

I have extra stuff lying around that I don't mind donating.

Levyne

Banned
I am home and patching~

I will probably donate trebs and catas and golems but I like having Arrow Carts and rams on me.

Proven

More Evon vs Ellen info!!

Evon:
Help me win a seat on the Captain’s Council, and you’ll reap the following benefits: For a limited time, I will reduce the cost of Black Lion Keys. You know you want ‘em! To celebrate our newly formed trade agreement, I will host a thrilling and dangerous competition on the shores of Southsun Cove. I will work with the consortium representatives to analyze the defining moment in the Molten Alliance struggle in their Fractals of the Mists laboratory

Ellen:
If I win this seat on the Captain’s Council, I vow to entact the following: Fast-travel services are too expensive. With me on the council, I will reduce the cost of waypoint travel for all citizens. To celebrate the Trade Agreement with our new friends, I will organize a competition at Zephyr Sanctum where the strongest and bravest can test their mettle. I will consult with the Consortium on researching a key moment in our fight against the Aetherblades using their experimental – and highly controversial – Fractals of the Mists Lab

... WOW

Holy shit at both of those previous posts.

They're going to seriously make people consider how to spend their votes... damn

Kiel, because I hate WP costs and never even got to do the Aetherblade dungeon.. but what's the deal with making us choose one fractal or the other?!
Holy shit is right.
They're finally building the Fractals in present day? I thought that was decades to go and would happen in one big lump or novel. How much story is there?

Also, I can easily live with current waypoint costs, and they'd probably be lowered by only 10%. Kiel doesn't really want to do politics anyway. I'd vote for Molten Alliance over Aetherblade coming back. Would make a better Fractal for pick up groups, me thinks.

Ceres

Banned
I am home and patching~

I will probably donate trebs and catas and golems but I like having Arrow Carts and rams on me.

You've got a tag so if you want any rams, just let me know ;P
ACs I also like to have and I want to start learning more about best siege placement for def. But I've got more than enough for myself already. I'm probably going to donate trebs and catas for upcoming event nights. My golems are getting dropped in the SBI bank when I get home later tonight. Would be great just to see what comes in and disperse as best decided among those that wub wub often.

Katoki

I collect siege prints as well. I run with the night crew under Pain for Pleasure on the Eternal Battlegrounds since the Borderlands are so much harder to keep for some reason. Plus it's a dedicated group where we've gotten to the point where SoS has to put effort in taking our towers out there.

Also because Veloka had 18 arrow carts in it, just because (I wouldn't know the count now but I can guarantee stuff has disappeared).

Lunar15

So, do we want to set up something more organized for this? Such as dedicating a spot in the Guild Bank for wvw items, and then letting commanders access them?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm, in theory we could grant Mist Warriors access to the stash (if they don't currently have it). There'd be a record if they pilfered any of the funds anyway.

What has Kiel actually done? I remember her being around but she never seems to do much. Seems like a classic figurehead. We need someone on the council who has experience brokering deals. Someone who doesn't have to ask us, The Adventurers, to do their job for them. Gnashblade can get things done in the council! He's never tried to pawn off the dirty work to the citizens of Tyria!

So join me friends! When it's time to cast your ballots remember 'Vote for the Charr and we'll go far!' Vote Evon Gnashblade for Captain's Council!

Ceres

Banned
Hmm, in theory we could grant Mist Warriors access to the stash (if they don't currently have it). There'd be a record if they pilfered any of the funds anyway.

Another alternative. Which means I need to be switched to mist warrior finally ;)
Even if only officers have access we usually have someone on we can ask to send some.

Levyne

Banned
Another alternative. Which means I need to be switched to mist warrior finally ;)
Even if only officers have access we usually have someone on we can ask to send some.

Done! You seem very active in WvW and it's not like Bhal is fighting for us anymore :(

hythloday

So, do we want to set up something more organized for this? Such as dedicating a spot in the Guild Bank for wvw items, and then letting commanders access them?

Oh, funny this comes up. I was actually taking a look at the guild bank the other day and getting seriously annoyed. Outside of the game and my armor skin-hoarding, I am a big fan of minimalism and living with less clutter and possessions. The state of the guild bank makes my skin crawl. ;)

We have it locked down so people can't take out all the gold for the lottery, but the items (as far as I know) aren't being held for any specific purpose. If you see potions or runes, sigils, a bag for your alt, etc that you want (Commander book excluded, I don't know why that's in there but I'm not touching it), please ask and an officer can get it out for you. Otherwise, at some point it's going to get cleaned out and sold for influence. Someday the guild bank system may be updated so officers can set different permissions for items and gold. I hope.

And please take some food. That part isn't locked down. You can use it for the "eat 25 food" achievement if you want.

Kuraine

Neo Member
Colin posted in response to the campaign promises on Reddit:

e: It's his first post so I assume it could just be someone who purports to be Colin.

Regardless of if that post was from a real Colin, what he said is accurate. There are a number of things that can be included in the build that are cut content, or have changed significantly in text or other details.

Levyne

Banned
Secret to winning the "Kart race".

Early on, snatch the tall bags until you get the 4 skill boost. Don't be afraid to go horizontal to grab them.

Use skill 4, and then spam skill 2 (dash) and 1 (jump) together and watch yourself catapult forward. Do this until the buff is off.

Try to angle yourself near more tall bags to get another 4 skill.

Repeat until you are far enough ahead.

Then all you will really get is the defend skill 6 and the "landmine" 5. Use these to stay ahead.

Can use the yellow crystal buff to also get a free "catapult"

Win every time.

Levyne

Banned
After-Patch Patch said:
LIVING WORLD
Fixed a bug in Sanctum Sprint that would occasionally cause players to be teleported underground.
Rewards in Sanctum Sprint have been updated to give players who complete the race karma and coins.
Fixed a bug where players could get the “Kookittenoo the Incredulous” achievement without seeing the show.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
Fixed missing Gem Store description for the Bazaar Quaggan Mini Pack.

Anno

Yeah I feel we should do that again before this ends, maybe on the weekend sometime. Maybe also slower? A number of times I was just guessing lol. It was pretty fun, but I hope I don't have to do it again for a long time haha.

I wonder if I should bother leveling up my level 17 Mesmer. :/

It was already hard enough leveling her up to THAT level 2 months ago (before I decided to get my Warrior to 80) but with these nerfs it seems like leveling her up is just gonna be even more of an uphill battle (the leveling build I was working with relied on Staff and that Adept trait that got Grand-Mastered. Now even the Staff is getting borked).

IDK, I simply don't know if I should invest much more into this class. They seem great and all but the way they're being balanced seems shakey.

Maybe I should just reroll my Khaleesi Stormborn Mesmer and make her a Thief :l

Ploid 3.0

I wonder if I should bother leveling up my level 17 Mesmer. :/

It was already hard enough leveling her up to THAT level 2 months ago (before I decided to get my Warrior to 80) but with these nerfs it seems like leveling her up is just gonna be even more of an uphill battle (the leveling build I was working with relied on Staff and that Adept trait that got Grand-Mastered. Now even the Staff is getting borked).

IDK, I simply don't know if I should invest much more into this class. They seem great and all but the way they're being balanced seems shakey.

Maybe I should just reroll my Khaleesi Stormborn Mesmer and make her a Thief :l

Whoa what trait got grandmastered. I didn't see anything in the notes. I was also leveling mesmer. 38 now :(, and I was using the staff leveling guide. Crap, I went to Mesmer because I saw a necro nerf coming and I wanted to wait to see how they would nerf it. I guess I could just get my guardian going to wait for the aftermath of both of those classes.

I only see chaos armor stuff in the patch notes for mesmer.

Oh you mean this from a while ago?

"The Minor Adept trait "Illusionists Celerity" has been made the Minor Grandmaster trait and the other Minor traits have been pushed down."

Yeah it was powerful but there's other things you can do, like increasing the weapon's skill regeneration directly. You may lose out on a lot of other traits though.

This is the mesmer leveling guide I use. The update notes discuss the loss of that IC trait, and how they compensated for it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1cjmri/new_player_guide_to_leveling_a_mesmer_the/

Whoa what trait got grandmastered. I didn't see anything in the notes. I was also leveling mesmer. 38 now :(, and I was using the staff leveling guide. Crap, I went to Mesmer because I saw a necro nerf coming and I wanted to wait to see how they would nerf it. I guess I could just get my guardian going to wait for the aftermath of both of those classes.

I only see chaos armor stuff in the patch notes for mesmer.

I'm referring to the patch before this one. The Illusionist celerity trait went from "Hey! When leveling up your Mesmer make sure you get THIS trait? It's a Got-To-Have trait for many builds and it's an Adept trait so you can get it easy!" to being a Grand Master trait. :/

Ploid 3.0

Updated my post, yeah that seemed like a great trait for so early in the game. I never had it and it feels ok. However I do die a lot, I'm not sure if it's because I don't have that trait though. Necro feels a lot stronger soloing however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom