• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Sounds like you'd get quite a lot out of joining the guild and we do still have room for the moment. PM or send mail to an officer in game (I'm Hawkian The Blade) and we'll getcha added.

I encourage you to go check out and post on www.gafguild.com. We do dungeon runs every night but I am also looking to make a thread there for people to schedule runs looking for something specific.

Gotcha. I've been in the overflow and europe guilds but they were very quiet and nothing really happened. I'll see about signing in on the guild forums and being more active.

Violet_0

Banned
Is the main GAF guild open now and are dungeon runs common? I tried it once with a pick up group and died lots, so I'm not doing dungeons again if it's going to add 10+ deaths to my tally or be without Mumble.

haven't been online in a week, but yeah we run dungeons rather regularly (mainly AC, TA and CoE, maybe a few more since the patch). I'd say plenty of people in the guild have experience with AC explorable Ghost Eater by now =)

Songbird

Prodigal Son
haven't been online in a week, but yeah we run dungeons rather regularly (mainly AC, TA and CoE, maybe a few more since the patch). I'd say plenty of people in the guild have experience with AC explorable Ghost Eater by now =)

Great, because I'll need someone to stop me from making dumb decisions I'm sure.

100% in Kessex Hills! My third 100%ed area after the human city and it's surrounding area.

Currently lvl 25, I want to take a break and see another race's city, can I access them now?

Sora_N

100% in Kessex Hills! My third 100%ed area after the human city and it's surrounding area.

Currently lvl 25, I want to take a break and see another race's city, can I access them now?

I think you can access them anytime?

Last night I didn't really play, just explored Lion's Arch, got up to 91%. Such a great city!

Also what's the easiest way or item to make some money with? I feel poorish lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There are a number of people who I know personally are qualified to run all three paths smoothly and quickly. I myself have done each path at least 4 times thus far (and Ghost Eater like 10 :p)

Violet_0

Banned
There are a number of people who I know personally are qualified to run all three paths smoothly and quickly. I myself have done each path at least 4 times thus far (and Ghost Eater like 10 :p)

the one time I tried Colossus Rumblus, we just couldn't do the graveling burrows part (perhaps it was the lack of AoE damage). Haven't tried Howling King yet. However, I've become quite good at clearing all three TA explorable paths now (rather easy, honestly).

btw, here's a pretty good guide for AC story + explorable that I just found
http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/forum/dungeons/ascalon-catacombs/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the one time I tried Colossus Rumblus, we just couldn't do the graveling burrows part (perhaps it was the lack of AoE damage). Haven't tried Howling King yet. However, I've become quite good at clearing all three TA explorable paths now (rather easy, honestly).

btw, here's a pretty good guide for AC story + explorable that I just found
http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/forum/dungeons/ascalon-catacombs/
Awesome, we're also piecing together our own guides and strategies little by little here: http://gafguild.com/index.php?threads/explorable-mode-dungeon-guides.197/ Please feel free to jot down anything that might be good to add. For AC I've only written up to the Kholer fight, so the path info still needs to be added.

Ashodin

You can see them all from Lion's Arch.

Just hit H, go down to the last tab, PVP, Go to "heart of the mists", then do the same thing again. It will dump you into Lion's Arch, and then you can take any portal from there to any other city.

Retro

You could access them at level one. Head to Lion's Arch (portal in the center of Divinity's Reach), and right off the bat you'll be on a small island with lots of other portals; those lead to the other capitols. You can tell which portal leads where by which race is standing guard outside it.

Torraz

The only way to fix HoD is for at night when they have a full team that the opposing forces receive a "real" outnumbered buff. Sure, they're not breaking any rules, but at this point, they screwed up leaving free server xfers up and of course people flocked there. My only other hope would be for hardcores to leave HoD out of boredom, looking for a challenge, to SBI or where ever to even the odds.

If I were titan alliance/hardcore pvpers on HoD I would wait until the end of the free transfers and then get the hell off of HoD.

Taffer

You can see them all from Lion's Arch.

Just hit H, go down to the last tab, PVP, Go to "heart of the mists", then do the same thing again. It will dump you into Lion's Arch, and then you can take any portal from there to any other city.

When I'm in the Heart of the Mists using the Hero tab to return to PvE puts me back in Tyria where I was when I travelled to HotM, I have to use the LA Asura gate in HotM to get to LA.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just wanted to share the Guild Events we've got coming up and encourage you guys to check over at www.gafguild.com

TONIGHT | Caudecus Manor Explorable Guild Race: Those of you who were around for our AC run know the drill. We're going to start trying to put teams together around 9PM EST and see how many we'll be able to take out. Each team will have either an officer or delegate to hold the group accountable and a randomly-selected 4 other guild members. Choose whichever explorable path you want and first to complete it wins! Gogogogogo!

Saturday, Oct 6 | 8PM EST | Diessa Plateau Jumping Puzzle: Keoni will be leading his lemmings through another jumping puzzle this weekend! This time through some of the ruins of Ascalon.

Sunday, Oct 7 | 8PM EST | Fields of Ruin Mobbing Event: Come hobnob with the Ebon Vanguard as we roll through the Fields of Ruin. This is a slightly higher-level event than the previous ones as it's a 30-40 zone; however I encourage anyone with a character around 25 or higher to come.

DarkSloth

Finally finished storymode yesterday. My reward? Only the biggest slab of prime beef!.. We're in community? Oh man.

gw2_celebration.jpg

Ashodin

Definitely a lot less trolling will happen here (and has less and less since Mists released). As such as this game not being on the front page any more, you can count on less activity (which means if you want to stay on the up and up, use www.gafguild.com).

Lulubop

I have some notes (from the twoish runs I did with you), but havent put them together into a coherent guide yet. Also forgot a bit about the zealot path I did last night.

Yea, I plan on doing the Butcher path. I wanna do another run, or two and take some screenshots.

falastini

So I discovered a melee hammer build for Elementalists on various forums, and it actually works. No more swapping attunements a million times to kill one mob. You just stay in one attunement and autoattack, lol.

I mean I enjoyed that micro-managing aspect of Elementalists, that's why I played one. But as you level further, the mobs get tougher, and you feel like your working twice as hard to kill stuff than you would in other professions.

This build is kinda refreshing.

You could access them at level one. Head to Lion's Arch (portal in the center of Divinity's Reach), and right off the bat you'll be on a small island with lots of other portals; those lead to the other capitols. You can tell which portal leads where by which race is standing guard outside it.
Just went through that gate... :O

Lulubop

So I discovered a melee hammer build for Elementalists on various forums, and it actually works. No more swapping attunements a million times to kill one mob. You just stay in one attunement and autoattack, lol.

I mean I enjoyed that micro-managing aspect of Elementalists, that's why I played one. But as you level further, the mobs get tougher, and you feel like your working twice as hard to kill stuff than you would in other professions.

This build is kinda refreshing.

I disagree, and always feel as if I'm doing the brunt of the damage during any mob encounter in the dungeon's I've run. That said, I'm interested in the specifics of this build.

falastini

I disagree, and always feel as if I'm doing the brunt of the damage during any mob encounter in the dungeon's I've run. That said, I'm interested in the specifics of this build.

I didn't say Ele are weak, and I'm not talking about group combat. I'm talking solo heart-questing PvE content. Do you not believe Elementalists have to work harder to kill mobs than other professions? You have to constantly swap attunements to be effective, whereas other professions are usually much simpler. Staff and Scepter can do very good damage if you have time to chargeup and/or the mobs are standing still. That is not possible solo play. Dagger/Dagger requires you to constantly swap and dodge around since your in melee range.

Anyways this is the basics of the build. You probably need to be at least 40 to reach the Conjurer trait. http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#ccs9oMCLT0MCLT0G9MG0mRcs

Your utilities are Conjure Hammer, Signet of Earth, and your cantrip of choice.

You get three possible heals... one from your active heal, one constant passive heal from water attunement, and one extra regen from your cantrip spell.

Your cantrip spell also gives you 3 x might, vigor, and in my case, cleansing.

You basically stay in water attunement and hammer away, using heal or cantrip if you get low. The #1 hammer attack is the most effective, giving area damage and a blind on the third hit. It's surprisingly tanky for an Ele. I'm curious to see how it plays out if I add more Toughness gear or invest in Earth Traits.

The only annoying part of this build is watching your charges, or random people stealing your extra hammers. The CD on conjure hammer isn't too long though, and you can swap to fire to cast some spells until your CD is up again. I've used this build from 55-60 and it works. I don't think it's viable for other parts of the game, but it seems a solid 40-80 leveling option. I'm going to spend some more time playing it, and see how far it takes me.

Lulubop

I didn't say Ele are weak, and I'm not talking about group combat. I'm talking solo heart-questing PvE content. Do you not believe Elementalists have to work harder to kill mobs than other professions? You have to constantly swap attunements to be effective, whereas other professions are usually much simpler. Staff and Scepter can do very good damage if you have time to chargeup and/or the mobs are standing still. That is not possible solo play. Dagger/Dagger requires you to constantly swap and dodge around since your in melee range.

Anyways this is the basics of the build. You probably need to be at least 40 to reach the Conjurer trait. http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#ccs9oMCLT0MCLT0G9MG0mRcs

Your utilities are Conjure Hammer, Signet of Earth, and your cantrip of choice.

You get three possible heals... one from your active heal, one constant passive heal from water attunement, and one extra regen from your cantrip spell.

Your cantrip spell also gives you 3 x might, vigor, and in my case, cleansing.

You basically stay in water attunement and hammer away, using heal or cantrip if you get low. The #1 hammer attack is the most effective, giving area damage and a blind on the third hit. It's surprisingly tanky for an Ele. I'm curious to see how it plays out if I add more Toughness gear or invest in Earth Traits.

The only annoying part of this build is watching your charges, or random people stealing your extra hammers. The CD on conjure hammer isn't too long though, and you can swap to fire to cast some spells until your CD is up again. I've used this build from 55-60 and it works. I don't think it's viable for other parts of the game, but it seems a solid 40-80 leveling option. I'm going to spend some more time playing it, and see how far it takes me.

I'm not sure if I necessarily agree with that, at least offensively. It's been a while since I had to complete High level hearts, and I ran Daggers at the time but Fire/Water attunement seemed to get the job done rather well. My proficiency and understanding of the class is completely different now than it was at that time so you maybe right, but I haven't had much trouble doing Hearts for map completion.

There's a CM event tonight, and I think I'll try this build there. I'd rather experiment with a team of gafers than a pug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom