• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

falastini

There's a CM event tonight, and I think I'll try this build there. I'd rather experiment with a team of gafers than a pug.

I'm don't think it would work well in a dungeon run. Since mobs take longer to die, I'd imagine you'll run out of charges pretty quickly. But if you try it let me know.

Twinduct

Christ took me like 20 mins to find this place.
Btw saw someone on reddit claiming to be perma banned 'due to modifying' files and claims the only thing he had running was Combat Mod.

Hoping this is false positive and he was just a scammer or some shit.
I honestly can't go back to playing without it :|

Piecake

Christ took me like 20 mins to find this place.
Btw saw someone on reddit claiming to be perma banned 'due to modifying' files and claims the only thing he had running was Combat Mod.

Hoping this is false positive and he was just a scammer or some shit.
I honestly can't go back to playing without it :|

If they put the ban on auto hotkey, I think i might quit. I seriously cannot play this game without a controller

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
AutoHotKey does not hook into, modify, or interact with the game .exe in any way, nor does Xpadder. Not to sound too overconfident, but there is little to no way to determine if autohotkey is performing a keypress or if the user is doing so from the game's perspective. I have a much higher chance of being banned due to SweetFX which does actually interact with DirectX while the game is running.

I'll let you guys know if I get banned but I'm not particularly worried.

edit: Combat Mode's newest release has more features than the preceding one and I can't vouch for it- perhaps it does go further than an AHK script now.

Ken

No real motivation to play until I can figure out what I want my Necro to be. Conditions seem so bleh in dungeons with the 25 cap on bleed.

No real motivation to play until I can figure out what I want my Necro to be. Conditions seem so bleh in dungeons with the 25 cap on bleed.

My guild leader goes pretty heavy on the wells in dungeons. Mass amounts of combo fields is a huge help.

Complistic

I think you might be underestimating how much damage all that bleeding is doing. And 5 seconds of aoe cure conditions or damage or vulnerability, or blindness for 30 seconds cooldown is really pretty good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The point is that if everyone is stacking bleeds, someone's bleeds are going be to going to waste because of the cap.
Not going to waste man. Keeping up a 25 stack is incredibly beneficial and tough to do! Everyone's bleeds reapply duration even if the intensity is maxed.

Ghost23

I gave this game a test run on my new Sager laptop with the following specs:

i7 3610QM
16GB RAM
Nvidia 680m

I was averaging around 45-50 fps with all the settings maxed out except supersampling (Mine was on native). Do these settings sound about right, or should I be able to get a better framerate? I'm just curious because this is a brand new computer, so I want to make sure none of the parts are faulty.

BTW, I'm using the newest Nvidia drivers if that makes any difference.

Giard

I gave this game a test run on my new Sager laptop with the following specs:

i7 3610QM
16GB RAM
Nvidia 680m

I was averaging around 45-50 fps with all the settings maxed out except supersampling (Mine was on native). Do these settings sound about right, or should I be able to get a better framerate? I'm just curious because this is a brand new computer, so I want to make sure none of the parts are faulty.

BTW, I'm using the newest Nvidia drivers if that makes any difference.
I have the same Sager laptop as you, and I have similiar performance. However, I have a 675m. You should get higher fps IMO, the difference between the 675m and the 680m isn't small. Have you checked if your computer is not on "power saver" mode?

Ghost23

I have the same Sager laptop as you, and I have similiar performance. However, I have a 675m. You should get higher fps IMO, the difference between the 675m and the 680m isn't small. Have you checked if your computer is not on "power saver" mode?

Where do you check to see whether your computer is on power saver mode? Also, are you using the latest driver? (I forgot the specific number). Would it be worth going back to the previous driver?

Kingbrave

Uh, I wondered where the hell the thread went. It can live on without the powerful Charr leader Grank Karr. I demand charbroiled asuaran stanks as a sign of respect and the fact that I said so!

Achtius

yay team for completing it

edit: lol omg, I wish we knew this earlier

Bombing the Gate

5 gunpowder barrels need to be placed in the red rings in front of the door. The barrel stash is on the other side of the small courtyard in front of the gate. There are a number of infinitely respawning bandits in the courtyard and in front of the gate. They do medium amounts of damage but are attracted to barrels on the ground; they will remove barrels from the gate. To defeat them, you must overload them with potential targets: a number of team-members need to start chucking barrels all over the courtyard, making sure all the bandits are well occupied. The remaining ones try and build up the explosives in front of the gate, making sure there is one in each little red circle. As soon as the 5th barrel is placed, the fuse will light and the door will blow.

Note: You can skip this event by jumping along the mountains to the side of the gate, then jumping over the gate.
that took a good 20 minute to figure out

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Caudecus's_Manor_(explorable)

Ashodin

Shame I missed this event..

But what Im doing is equally fantastic (to me)

what would that be hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

not being a part of TEAM ALPHA STRIKE FORCE

YDIfS.jpg

or PARTYING HARD

Twinduct

Update one that reddit guy.
Arenanet support asked for his handle, to confirm why he was banned.
Came back with this:

'To the OP:
We have carefully reviewed your account and, while the character name you provided does indeed appear harmless, one of the alternate characters on the account has accumulated tens of thousands of pieces of evidence in the span of a mere three days that conclusively indicate the use of an illicit cheat program.
Your account was not terminated in relation to Combat Mod.'

Yay!

Ken

Severs should have gone down right now and will be down for an hour maintenance, in case anyone wasn't on to see the announcements in-game.

jersoc

well anet finally commented on the DR. Basically saying they are still tweaking it to not harm players and they have nothing against farming.

But really, who is this hurting outside real players again? Botters don't give a shit. They aren't sitting a computer and they got hundreds of farms going.

Stupid system that serves no purpose. Anet really needs to respond better to major issues like that.

DarkSloth

well anet finally commented on the DR. Basically saying they are still tweaking it to not harm players and they have nothing against farming.

But really, who is this hurting outside real players again? Botters don't give a shit. They aren't sitting a computer and they got hundreds of farms going.

Stupid system that serves no purpose. Anet really needs to respond better to major issues like that.

I don't think its because arenanet wants to hurt the feelings of botters. I think its that they want to limit the harm they do to the trading post/economy.

nataku

For those wondering what response he's talking about, it's this from their forum.

We thought we should put in our 2 cents as well.

Guild Wars 2 is a game about freedom. We want you to be able to explore the world and engage in a huge variety of activities, focusing on whatever best suits your tastes.
Some players have run into “diminishing returns” thresholds we put into the game to provide a safety net against unanticipated economy-breaking issues. We do have these thresholds in place, but it’s not our intention that normal players should ever run into them. We’ve recently had bugs and imbalances that have caused normal players to hit thresholds, and we’ll fix those.

These systems are put in place to protect the economy from botters and exploiters. We will close exploits as quickly as we can. These thresholds help create a safety net to keep the economy safe when we aren’t there to deal with the offender. It’s important to have a safety net in place. It would be bad for everyone if, for example, a group of players learned how to speed-clear a dungeon in 5 minutes, with full rewards each time, and then repeated that continuously. When one activity emerges that’s order of magnitudes more profitable than anything else in the game, it forces everyone to either engage in that activity or get priced out of the economy.

While we need a safety net to stop unanticipated economy-breaking exploits and botting, we have no desire to stop farming. Farmers are a part every online economy and when they are doing normal game activity they do not cause any harm. If a player finds a normal game activity fun and would like to keep doing it, that’s fine with us.

Initially we have to rely on smaller data sets, instinct and some guesswork to find the correct cutoff. What this means is that some players are going to bump into the edges of these systems for a while as we get them sorted out. Please bear with us while we gather more data and lower the safety net until it’s only providing critical economy protection. Looking at the numbers this morning, we believe some of the threshold systems are just too harsh empirically and we’ll be adjusting those systems within the next few weeks to ensure that fewer legitimate players are being impacted.

I hope this helps to explain why a game like this needs systems such as this to protect its economy. I also hope it gives some insight into our philosophy about botters (BAD) and exploiters (BAD) vs. farmers (GOOD). Thanks for your support and we will see you in game.

Jon

Personally, I'm pretty satisfied with this response. Then again, I'm someone who cares about the in-game economy. As long as they tweak it like they said they will I'll have no issues with the system.

etiolate

Banned
Yeah, I think they broke a golden rule with their DR system. It has ended up hurting legit players more than the non-legit. So many bugs and errors with it already.

So I'm on right now, any officers on to invite to GAFGuild or Overflow? Either I'm happy with, whichever has more Australians or those around GMT+10 would be fantastic. My IGN is "Easybeats"

edit: Thanks Hawkian! I belong to something!

Forkball

I'll try to get in on those guild events, sounds fun.

I've done two dungeon runs, and honestly I didn't find them that fun. I enjoyed playing with GAFfers, but they are such a huge hassle for such little reward, I honestly don't want to do one ever again. Hopefully they really focus on tweaking or adding better ones in the future.

Ken

I'll try to get in on those guild events, sounds fun.

I've done two dungeon runs, and honestly I didn't find them that fun. I enjoyed playing with GAFfers, but they are such a huge hassle for such little reward, I honestly don't want to do one ever again. Hopefully they really focus on tweaking or adding better ones in the future.

The explorable modes aren't too bad compared to the story modes.

The explorable modes aren't too bad compared to the story modes.

This is what I've been hearing. Is it because they are toned down? I had a blast on my first AC Story run but it was because it was all GAF in mumble (so weird saying 'mumble' after years of saying 'vent' .. then again, saying 'vent' was weird after years of saying 'teamspeak').

Plus we had a couple 80's and of course Hawkian the Dungeon Master leading our way. I couldn't fathom doing that with level 30's new to the system.

Am I correct in the thought that Dungeons are kind of like the "raids" of the game? As in, not everybody should or could be in there? Are there other ways to acquire kickass looking gear outside of the dungeon sets? (there may be, I just haven't seen them). I can understand the difficulty coming from that perspective, it's meant for people with mumble (heh) and coordination instead of pugs.

I really need to level, do you level in sPVP? I noticed another type of XP bar but not sure what that's all about. I'm assuming since it's a different character so to speak that it affects nothing in PVE or WvW, is that right?

Vodh

I really need to level, do you level in sPVP? I noticed another type of XP bar but not sure what that's all about. I'm assuming since it's a different character so to speak that it affects nothing in PVE or WvW, is that right?

Yeah, in sPvP you earn glory (used to buy spvp cosmetic equipment) and rank points which increase your spvp rank. Unfortunately nothing carries over to your 'regular' play and fortunately nothing you do in regular play affects spvp.

Taffer

I'm going to wait until PvE Minionmancer becomes viable and then decide what gear to get with my karma.

I finally dumped my minions and re-specced into a condition build, I'll be straight back to minions if they get improved. Maybe even if they don't, Bone Minions are cute and explode and the Flesh Golem is the only elite skill that interests me anyway. I love sending the golem into a WvW zerg and knocking down swarms of enemies.

What sort of build would be handy in a dungeon? I'm thinking I could focus on putting lots of bleeds & poisons on enemies or I could become a condition-removing machine for the team. Can I just trust that everyone else can handle whatever conditions are likely to turn up and my assistance is not required?

Also thinking of taking that well that turns conditions into boons for WvW just to drop it at the gate of a tower as it is destroyed and watching the zerg get buffed as they run through the gate. I don't know how useful it will actually be, I just want to catch 30+ targets in a single AoE and that seems like a golden opportunity.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Deitus

What sort of build would be handy in a dungeon? I'm thinking I could focus on putting lots of bleeds & poisons on enemies or I could become a condition-removing machine for the team. Can I just trust that everyone else can handle whatever conditions are likely to turn up and my assistance is not required?

Also thinking of taking that well that turns conditions into boons for WvW just to drop it at the gate of a tower as it is destroyed and watching the zerg get buffed as they run through the gate. I don't know how useful it will actually be, I just want to catch 30+ targets in a single AoE and that seems like a golden opportunity.

I'm not an expert on Necro so I can't give you much in the way of build advice, but I would definitely take at least one skill that can remove conditions. Necro is so good at condition removal, and conditions are so dangerous in a dungeon, that it would be a waste not to play to that strength.

As for your WvW idea, it is my understanding that AOE abiliites can only affect up to 5 targets at a time. There are probably some exceptions to this rule, but in all likelihood your idea will not actually allow you to buff 30+ targets.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Some nuggets from reddit:

dat real-life magic find
http://www.gourmetgaming.co.uk/post/32827247018/guild-wars-2-chocolate-omnomberry-cake-its

yqjK9.jpg

ArenaNet's coalescencing stance on Combat Mode and similar mods:
[–]ArenaNetSupportTeam
FYI, we haven’t blocked a single person for using just Combat Mod.

pvpproject
There will still be people that claim ur banning for it... Believe me

ArenaNetSupportTeam
Yes, they might. But they'd be flat-out wrong. :)

Somebody made Juggernaught, a legendary hammer that coats you in metal that changes according to your dye while wielding it (aka is the COOLEST FUCKING THING EVER)

List of Unique Exotics with codes to preview (you will say goddamn)
edit: Super... Hyperbeam... Alpha

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well fuck, that's a nice fucking hammer...me needs it

Also for those that have sharp eyes, if you look at the bottom of the hammer the circle contains the Vial of Liquid silver used in crafting the Legendary. When I swing the hammer the liquid from that small ball shoots up and hence the liquid silver effect when attacking a foe. Also not shown here, while the hammer is sheathed silver liquid can be seen inside the big round glass on the top, and as I unsheathe the weapon this liquid ends up spraying my armor with liquid silver. And yes there are two golden atlas figures in each side carrying the big round vial glass on the top .
dat attention to detail :eek:

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My guess is less trolling if that makes it better. But I'm going to try and move over to the main guild forum for more stuff related to guild, but will be here also.

There are trolls here?

Also I'm enjoying elementalist. Although carrying a staff is annoying due to the lack of tilde weapon swap. I primarily focus on fire with scepter/dagger or dagger/dagger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom