• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

Hammering signs? I know my memory is very selective but this must've been a really mundane activity if I can't think of what he's talking about.

Retro

Hammering signs? I know my memory is very selective but this must've been a really mundane activity if I can't think of what he's talking about.

The refugee signs from Flame and Frost. You don't remember them because they were part of a much larger piece of content, but the rabid little shitlords on the internet love to pretend that was all there was to do

You also were setting up camps, helping refugees survive the trip to them and delivering mementos to the surviving family members of those who didn't make it. Definitely a slow burn, but it wasn't just "LOL SIGNPOSTS". That update also added Guesting, Laurels, and changes to Orr and Fractals, so... yeah.

Thorgal

Just finished the episode and

SWEET AWESOMENESS !

we had our first meeting with Mordremoth's Champion i believe !

Also poor pale tree :(

Katoki

The refugee signs from Flame and Frost. You don't remember them because they were part of a much larger piece of content, but the rabid little shitlords on the internet love to pretend that was all there was to do

You also were setting up camps, helping refugees survive the trip to them and delivering mementos to the surviving family members of those who didn't make it. Definitely a slow burn, but it wasn't just "LOL SIGNPOSTS". That update also added Guesting, Laurels, and changes to Orr and Fractals, so... yeah.

Oh, I remember all that. It was definitely minor when thrown in with everything else happening at the time.

There's also a ton of salt in the thread Dulfy made on reddit for the skins. A fucking ton compared to the salt I usually see.

Petty insults make you happy?

The attitudes in this thread sometimes, jesus.

When the insult is used against entitled whiny brats that shit up the internet with nothing but non-stop complaining bullshit, and often threats of violence against the developers, then yes. A nicely worded insult does give me a moment of schadenfreude.

Don't act so high and mighty, unless you can claim to have never, ever, agreed with someone saying someone else was a shitlord.

I have zero fucking patience and pity for the particular brand of sociopathic fuckwits that infest places like official forums and reddit. If you want to treat everyone as a special little flower that has a valid opinion on everything no matter what that opinion is, go right ahead. But I don't have to.

Besides. "Rabid little shitlords" just *sounds* funny. Try saying it out loud.

Retro

I could have just said "Trolls" and that would have been sufficient, but I went for the LOLs. Obviously, I am not serious, nor do I view all obnoxious people on the internet as excrement-covered midgets with rabies.

I wouldn't google that either.

Besides. "Rabid little shitlords" just *sounds* funny. Try saying it out loud.

I suddenly want Braxzy to say this line in his native whale-tongue. Very much.

Lunar15

I could have just said "Trolls" and that would have been sufficient, but I went for the LOLs. Obviously, I am not serious, nor do I view or wish to view obnoxious people on the internet as excrement-covered midgets with rabies.

The prospect of a real life shit lord is indeed terrifying.

People who complain about made up things are indeed annoying, but exaggerated insults just become a broken record at a certain point.

To be fair, those signs were basically all you had to do in the opening weeks of Flame and Frost.

BraXzy

I absolutely love treasure hunts and I am chuffed to bits that there are more lost coins to find, I also like the crystal aspects and the whole, playground traversal. The problem is my ping is really flaky atm and sometimes a wind aspect won't trigger for a second or two after I press 1. Doing really delicate tricky jumps is nigh on impossible atm :(

I suddenly want Braxzy to say this line in his native whale-tongue. Very much.

LMAO. I doubt it'd sound all that interesting or funny with my lame whale-tongue accent but I could do it for you if you really wanted :p

Retro

People who complain about made up things are indeed annoying, but exaggerated insults just become a broken record at a certain point.

I'll be sure to be even more colorful in my descriptions in the future so you can tell when I'm joking and perhaps break the monotony.

To be fair, those signs were basically all you had to do in the opening weeks of Flame and Frost.

Pretty sure I just listed the other things that were in that update too. It was definitely a slow burn though, but I think it being the very first Living Story update, it can kind of be forgiven.

LMAO. I doubt it'd sound all that interesting or funny with my lame whale-tongue accent but I could do it for you if you really wanted :p

Cheaper than hiring Morgan Freeman to say it.

Levyne

Banned
I don't think we need to disparage every unfavorable reddit comment. Especially one as tame as someone not enjoying one of this episodes instances.

I didn't enjoy that instance.

Trey

Taimi getting
her invention taken was stupid. Her having to sacrifice it "for the greater good" was a crap argument when Phunk or whatever had all of two sentences to say at the summit.

I guess things are interesting. Presentation still leaves something to be designed. The combat design is improving - interesting fight mechanics throughout. Only one part of one fight did I feel was lacking.

I don't want to wait; no much has changed in the world at the midseason mark aside from inconveniently compromised waypoints. I expect better on the back half.

I don't think we need to disparage every unfavorable reddit comment. Especially one as tame as someone not enjoying one of this episodes instances.

I didn't enjoy that instance.

Ah, the truth at last. :p But there's a difference between not enjoying something, and going on the internet to scream and shout at anyone passing by how much you didn't enjoy it, or how much the developers should be fired/burned/killed because you didn't enjoy it, money back please, unsub, etc.

My own attitude against rabid little shitlords on the internet is a response to their type, not the other way around.

FYI: the person I quoted on reddit was a tame comment, yes, and I didn't really think much of it other than enjoying the salt from people who mash through dialogue options without reading, then whine when they fail out. Zero sympathy from me there.

But that comment is only the tip of an iceberg, a shitlord iceberg. And if you're saying I should just "shut up and take it" from people like that, let them do and say whatever they want because let's all be nicey-nice and not rock the boat?

Fuck that noise.

What does this mean?

It was a joke, implying that you came to the reddit person's defense because they were a kindred spirit, and not because you genuinely felt the response was inappropriate. (Because seriously...)

Even though that particular post was not the main reason for the jokey ire from Retro.

I meant no ill by it.

Levyne

Banned
I'm trying to limit what I say because I'm trying to adhere to a no drama sort of policy. But still, that last exchange with Lunar just came across as insular and made me uncomfortable. I don't know how to approach it without being smothered.

It doesn't help that I see Lunar as a friend.

BraXzy

Folks need to take things a little less seriously in this thread and cool off.

Lets just let the people on the internet do their thing and ignore it. To cheer us all up, here is a reminder of what my bro did, it makes me giggle every time.

http://a.pomf.se/qpqrag.webm

How are people liking this episode so far? I've still not completed it yet but I'm liking it. And a new section to Dry Top will always be welcome!

Moondrop

Banned
Congratulations Anet on creating a mob my melee cleric can't solo. This enemy has no other skill than to drop a large healing field on itself. I interrupted him six consecutive times- just casts it again. I obviously don't output enough damage. I can probably come back and do it with a cleric rifle, but I will not accept that the solution is more zerk. Outhealing your foes' damage is my trick goddamit- I'll put a doom sigil on my hammer if my necessary.

I'm trying to limit what I say because I'm trying to adhere to a no drama sort of policy. But still, that last exchange with Lunar just came across as insular and made me uncomfortable. I don't know how to approach it without being smothered.

It doesn't help that I see Lunar as a friend.

Actually. I only just noticed that you're not the same person. >..> My bad. I literally thought your post about not liking the instance, was from Lunar.

I have nothing against anyone in this thread, at all.

But that did irk me. To somehow have my attitude for laughing at Retro's joke, to be implied as somehow worse than the people who fill up the official forums and reddit with baseless, entitled whining?

Nope, I don't think that's cool. Especially not when it's said in a way that was in itself, a petty insult. I mean, Name Of A Lord.

Levyne

Banned
I'm not going to dwell on it. Carry on.

Some of the new lost coins are really tough. Guess that's why there's only a handful this time.

BraXzy

I'm not going to dwell on it. Carry on.

Some of the new lost coins are really tough. Guess that's why there's only a handful this time.

There's quite a lot of open space in the new area so they have really tucked these suckers into the corners and crevices. I'm determined to find them all though :D

No disrespect meant, nor did I mean to escalate anything to drama status. I'm pretty vocal and speak my mind plain, and that can often come across in an antagonistic way thanks to the coldness of text, but I rarely mean any of it in a mean way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lets just let the people on the internet do their thing and ignore it.
yep, always the best approach.

Reminder, our policy on spoilers in this thread is to tag anything likely to be considered a spoiler, including reactions to specific events, for a week from release. Indicating where you are in the story or what it concerns outside tags is a good idea. Trey and Thorgal both did perfect jobs with their spoilers above :)

Retro

If there's one thing we can agree on, it's that everyone is really passionate about the game and sometimes that can lead to misunderstandings and over reactions.

Now, I'm off to do the new Living Story!

aew33op_460sa_v1rajr2.gif

Ketch

So how does this stuff work? I just hit 80 the other day, but haven't finished my personal story yet... Do I need to finish that before I can start the current events story and get free exotics?

So how does this stuff work? I just hit 80 the other day, but haven't finished my personal story yet... Do I need to finish that before I can start the current events story and get free exotics?

The Living World doesn't really give free exotics.. but no, you don't need to finish your Personal Story. Just open up your Hero panel, go to the Story Journal, and select Episode 1 and click 'play this episode', then follow the instructions.

Trey

You need only be level 80 to enjoy the current living story arc.

BraXzy

Missed the chance to name him "The Groot Gattsby"

Damn you really did a miss a trick.

Me, Levyne and Ike have 11/12 Lost Coins in the new area and are pulling our hair out trying to find the last one. A sandstorm has now swept in to help too D:

Really enjoyed this episode. Pretty awesome.

Spoilers ahoy regarding both the plot and mechanics of this episode:

The first few parts of the episode were cool. The party mission was pretty unique. But it really shined in the last mission at the summit. Loved the whole thing, from talking to Trahearne, to convincing each one of the leaders, and especially the fight at the end. Though, I gotta say, doing the boss fights in this patch with a support/tanky build was tough. I admit, I was hoping they would kill off a major character in this patch, just because I'd like to know that ANet has the balls to do it. I know the Pale Tree isn't technically out of the woods yet (huehuehue) but I think if they were gonna kill her off, then they would have in this patch. The vision was really intriguing and I look forward to seeing what we're gonna do next once the LS starts up again.

spiritfox

This was easily the best episode this season. There's a nice variety of missions, and the fights are all pretty fun.
I really enjoyed the Ace Attorney-esque first mission. It shows that not all missions have to be about killing mobs and pushing buttons. All it needs is the Objection theme. The boss battles are also well done, and I can see both of them becoming fractal bosses. Also, our favorite Trahearne is back! At least he's taking a back seat this time.

I want to also add that the Taimi chase cutscene is one of the better cut scenes in the game. The angles are perfect, and there is a good suspense leading up to the end. I thought Taimi might actually die.

BraXzy

I don't like having "The" starting my character names, otherwise that would have been a good choice.

So I guess there is no chance that you will ever be "The Best"? Might as well just give up now!

After well over an hour of hunting, the So Solid Crew Coin Hunters still haven't found the elusive missing final coin. We even managed to open up the huge vine room up top that is surrounded by and filled with Modrem creatures. There's just a single little chest inside :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom