• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

Reddit is a scary place.

2fDGoQl.jpg

How did you find a picture of my PC ?
Are you stalking me Kanik ?

Finally going to be jumping back in tonight. Was meant to a few months ago but movnig house and then going straight to continous trips working away = gaming just died for me.

Now to decide whether I start again or just continue with my level 20 or so Warrior. Don't really remember how ANYTHING works lol, think I might start fresh.

Levyne

Banned
Welcome back. Just so you know, the low level "experience" is a lot different as of September. I'll let you form your own opinion on it though instead of telling you what to think of it.

One short comment though is that apparently the first handful of levels come a bit faster, so if on a new character, you can get back to 20 pretty darn quickly.

Welcome back. Just so you know, the low level "experience" is a lot different as of September. I'll let you form your own opinion on it though instead of telling you what to think of it.

One short comment though is that apparently the first handful of levels come a bit faster, so if on a new character, you can get back to 20 pretty darn quickly.

Thanks. Good to hear I guess, about the slightly faster early levels. Not too concerned about that, just need to re learn how alot of the interfacet/crafting/vendors etc work again.

Cant really remember what anything was like before so don't have anything to compare the experience to.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So anything to do with Halloween? New stuff that weren't found last two years?
There are some new rewards, I don't know them all, but there is a Cat of Darkness mini, and a new accessory with slottable gems that apply a shader to your character
which I want so fucking bad

There are some new rewards, I don't know them all, but there is a Cat of Darkness mini, and a new accessory with slottable gems that apply a shader to your character
You have higher chance of it dropping once you get to level 40 in Destiny.

Hedge

Wait, there's a new accessory? I haven't heard of this
but then again I haven't logged in for months, only stalking reddit.

How do you get this?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wait, there's a new accessory? I haven't heard of this
but then again I haven't logged in for months, only stalking reddit.

How do you get this?
the jewels are on the TP... you extract them from account bound amulets, which are a cray cray random drop from ToT bags

they're.... expensive.
lUMh4Cz.png

Cause he gave humanity magic to fight off the dragons knowing full well that the gods were just going to abbandon us.

He's the hero we need.

It is the race's use of magic that makes the dragons wake up, tho.

Might as well call him failbaddon. Armless freak that he is.

Retro

dont know why they are shoe horning Abbadon into this...

We know that the drawing in Scarlet's Secret Room and the vision in Omadd's Machine are both very similar to the layout of the Realm of Torment.

We also have the main Charr character who just descended into the Mists (where the Underworld and Realm of Torment exist), chasing a weapon that supposedly has the power to undo the Foefire, which like the Cataclysm that sunk Orr was a direct result of Abaddon's empowering of the Charr.

I mean, if you're going to tie it to Guild Wars 1 lore, pretty much every major plot point was a direct result of Abaddon; the Searing, Nightfall and the Jade Wind.

It's also worth adding that before the Zephyrites, the servants of Glint were the Forgotten, who were directly opposed to Abaddon and even acted as wardens over the Realm of Torment. Their role may involve keeping an eye over Abaddon as well (and since keeping the Doors of Komalie shut involve a Bloodstone, the most well-known of which is in Maguuma, which is where the Zephyrites seemed to be heading...)

Mxrz

Been hints for a while, but glad to see something more direct. Tyria has an interesting cosmology beyond the human gods and the more terrestrial dragons. There's a lot of unexplored stuff all the way back to prophecies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
aNet what are you doing

why are you making greatsaw a raffle rather than a reward from collecting x amounts

aNet pls

wait what

Retro

aNet what are you doing

why are you making greatsaw a raffle rather than a reward from collecting x amounts

As much as I'd like a Greatsaw, I know full well the whiny temper tantrum the community would have over an exclusive skin being widely available would cause. This way sucks, but it preserves the exclusivity while putting some supply into the market.

Though we all know that the whales who buy tons of wrappers off the gem store will win them, the same ones who could just buy them with all the gold they bought.

leng jai

As much as I'd like a Greatsaw, I know full well the whiny temper tantrum the community would have over an exclusive skin being widely available would cause. This way sucks, but it preserves the exclusivity while putting some supply into the market.

Though we all know that the whales who buy tons of wrappers off the gem store will win them, the same ones who could just buy them with all the gold they bought.

Honestly this is the best way to do it. It would have been ridiculous to make them widely available after people who really wanted them farmed the few thousand gold to get them beforehand.

leng jai

Meh, screw those tantrum folk. These are the same guys who whined about not getting Mad Memories.

The tantrum would be warranted. The most annoying thing about the grind in GW2 is when they move the goal posts and it results you wasting copious amount of play time and gold.

I pretty much much had my fun with this event in one day, the Festie achievement is done, all i am doing now is looking for Trick or treat bags, i got the recipe for Maize Balm, every Ambient you transform into a candy corn you get a ToT bag..

Morokh

Honestly this is the best way to do it. It would have been ridiculous to make them widely available after people who really wanted them farmed the few thousand gold to get them beforehand.

Nope, the best way to do it would have been to have a limited amount of skins to give as they do, but only allow each account to give 1 wrapper per day, or week and run the lottery in that time frame.

Equal chances for everyone.

5il3nc3r

I made a new character recently and have been leveling her up purely through dynamic events. This reminded me that DEs are by far the best thing about GW2. I just wish Anet would add more. This was the feature they highlighted the most before release, it's odd they' haven't done more with it.

The one complaint i have with DEs is that they reset too quickly, it really breaks immersion to see the village you just saved be besieged by centaurs again a few minutes later. I think this can me remedied if they simply add more DEs to existing zones so that the game have more DEs to cycle through before repeating. A way to track the DEs that you've done would also be nice.

The only thing that still pisses me off from year 1 is that they never said those weapons wouldn't be coming back next Halloween.

I would've purchased those I wanted back then, but held back thinking I'd buy next year.

Very dumb of Anet.

Nope, the best way to do it would have been to have a limited amount of skins to give as they do, but only allow each account to give 1 wrapper per day, or week and run the lottery in that time frame.

Equal chances for everyone.

You didn't quite get leng jai's post.

Retro

Oh yeah, forgot to thank Moondrop, Jayemji, UltimateIke and Varix for the HULKSMASH COE run last night. Extremely fun, thanks guys.

The tantrum would be warranted. The most annoying thing about the grind in GW2 is when they move the goal posts and it results you wasting copious amount of play time and gold.

While I wouldn't quite call anything outside of Ascended gear and maybe a few lingering achievements a grind (and I'd add the caveat that Ascended gear is extremely optional), I do agree that the game is frustratingly fluid in ways I find fault with.

This is actually a great example; the 2012 Halloween skins were really cool, but extremely rare and RNG based. For 2013, the new skins were Black Lion ticket based; still RNG-based, but not so absurdly rare. This year they're back, for two tickets, but there aren't any new weapon skins to speak of. So who knows what Halloween 2015 will be like; new skins via Ticket skins? Will the 2012 skins come back again? Will the 2013 skins be back again?

I have the same problem with Foostivoo, the Santa Quaggan mini from the first Wintersday. To get him, you needed to combine three other Christmas Minis (which were RNG based from Wintersday boxes) and some Enchanted stuffing in the Forge. I had those three minis, but I also didn't want to lose them in exchange for Foostivoo. I was hoping last year that they'd bring back those three minis so I could pick up three more and make the quaggan, but it never happened. Because of the change to Minis, I had to decide whether I wanted to have those three, or toss them in the forge to get one.

We often hear the phrase "nothing is set in stone," and that's generally a good thing because the last thing the world needs is another MMO that's content to ride on it's laurels and become predictable. But at some point it'd be nice to have something firm to stand on. We know that the Lovestruck, Dragon’s Jade, Aetherblade, Fused, and Dreamthistle weapon sets are going away, and won't be available again "this year." Does that mean forever, though? Or does it mean until they're relevant items (Lovestruck was for Valentine's Day, if I remember right).

In a game where the "End Game" is all about cosmetics, having the rules so slippery when it comes to some items means you have to devote yourself to getting everything (because who knows if it'll ever come back). If the rules were a little more clear (and I get that pre-ticket stuff being super exclusive may be one of those rules) I think things would be a lot more settled. As it is, we never know if stuff is ultra-rare once-in-a-lifetime stuff, or going to return in a year, or two years, or in modified form.

They were nice enough to state that SAB 1 weapons weren't coming back, so I got them all before the end.

They could've done that for the other stuff too.

Retro

They were nice enough to state that SAB 1 weapons weren't coming back, so I got them all before the end.

They could've done that for the other stuff too.

Exactly. It's just frustrating because even this year, there's 100 skins up for grabs, and however they want to get those out into the market, there's always the question as to whether they'll do it again next year or not. If they do, I'm okay waiting. If not, and this is it forever, then when the prices start to drop on those items we need to scoop them up before they go back to being 2000 gold (assuming they even drop at all).

Mxrz

I'd guess anything that isn't game breaking has a fair chance of returning. Paying thousands of gold for any item is a bit risky in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom