• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

Out of curiosity , does the world event shedule change because of daylight savings time ?

Tonight the clock gets put to 1 hour earlier here .

Complistic

The time for reset and stuff never changes, so you will experience it at different times of the day depending on when your daylight savings time starts. If that makes any sense. Time is weird.

Retro

It's that time of the year again, where the bumper crop of Reddit threads are sprouting up where the usual KDB Daewoo report on NCSoft is being cited as evidence that an Expansion is coming in 2015. It's nice to have traditions, isn't it?

The time for reset and stuff never changes, so you will experience it at different times of the day depending on when your daylight savings time starts. If that makes any sense. Time is weird.

Yep, this is the right asnwer. It's always tied to GMT, which doesn't change with DST.

The best thing you can do if you're confused is check the Achievements panel; there's a clock for both daily and monthly that counts down to reset.

I hope the scarf looks that big and poofy on Asura, because that'd be just adorable. And I still hope that they add outfits with gameplay elements (e.g. you need to wear the Winter one in certain areas of the Far Shiverpeaks or you freeze).

Also, where is your avatar's booze?

IOgoXID.jpg

Resistance gear, retro? Really?

cE8YcLR.jpg

Here, i'll one up you: i hope they add attunement processes and rage timers to bosses.

Retro

IOgoXID.jpg

Resistance gear, retro? Really?

Nah, not nearly that bad. I did enough of that crap in WoW to last me a lifetime. I'm thinking more along the lines of the outfit being a sort of minor progression scheme where you'd upgrade the outfit over time to get perks out of it;

When you first enter Dry Top, the NPC would comment on how arid and dangerous the terrain is, and give you a "Desert Garb" item that acts like an outfit (it overwrites your armor, but it's not equipped), something like a loose cloth robe and a hood. It can only be worn in Dry Top, and is automatically removed in combat (so you'd have to use the item again after you stopped fighting). When worn, it gives you a passive perk, something like a longer duration when using Aspect crystals. Neat for exploration, makes you feel like you're actually in a harsh environment.

As you complete the achievements, you unlock more desert-themed items that actually appear visually on the outfit and provide additional perks; goggles (improved visibility in sandstorms), a canteen (reduces the damage / endurance loss from quicksand) and a backpack of tools (improved gathering from nodes in Dry Top). Using any of them automatically equips the whole set, but you need to carry them all with you.

Once you have all four items, you can take them to the Mystic Forge to create a "real" outfit (can be worn anywhere, can be dyed) and provides all of the individual perks plus you contribute more towards the Zephyrite's Favor when doing events.

Basically, your reward for doing well in the zone is a cool thematic item that you want to break out every time you're in that zone, so you can do better when playing there.

Since outfits are account-wide and can be worn *over* gear instead of in place of it, it's not really resistance gear so much as something cool you get that has a sense of progression and some bonus effect when used in the appropriate zone (though by region would be ideal). In that sense, it's very similar to Mawdrey II.

A camouflage cloak for jungle zones, a heavy snow suit for winter ones... just something cool to work on that makes playing in that zone more efficient or fun. And if there are hazards you need the outfit to bypass (Extreme cold, invisible Ravagers that ambush you in the jungle, or the aforementioned quicksand) it would obviously need to be used sparingly to create places you want to work towards for special rewards or events, but nothing mandatory.

Retro

Excellent Makeup Missions.

Hawkian will be leading his Mad King's Labyrinth event Monday at 8:30pm Eastern (He'll be posting details "soon").

A Teaser for the second half of Season 2 is scheduled for Tuesday.

Then Missions on Saturday at 9pm, Makeups Sunday at 3pm and Season 2 picks up again the Tuesday after.

Exciting times we live in.

I don't think the lich is too bad as long as you are in a group than can maintain damage and remove conditions. About the only time things get a little hairy is when it comes around the corner when you are already fighting another boss. If you're alone and it latches on to you then things can get a bit interesting.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
GAF Labyrinth Guild Blitz - Monday, October 27th at 8:30PM EDT

Alright, folks- let's take on the combined delicious and skeletal armies of the Mad King and Bloody Prince. In the Labyrinth there is Candy Corn, there are haunted doors, there are lots of opportunities to die a horrible death. Come hang out on Mumble, kill things and see how we do as a guild against the area bosses. These are our targets:

Labyrinthine Horror
Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn
Legendary Skeletal Lich

From what I hear, the Lich can be a real pain in the junk. One thing that can be really helpful during high retaliation situations is any kind of minion you could summon. Condition removal is great. If you have one, a tankier set of gear is not a bad idea. Any other tips for guildies attending for taking him down will be much appreciated.

Or we can just have Kos and Ike solo it.

If your character has any kind of Halloween-themed outfit or costume, wear it for a guild photo! Halloweeny prizes up for grabs as well. Be there!

This and this. Maybe this too. Might as well also drop this.

Problem aint condi removal. They reapply it so often you'll be hard pressed to not have some on you unless youve a dedicated condi remover per party. Plus the major condi damage comes from torment, and that can be diminished in a very simple manner.

Problem is the ret.

Can always stack inside the gazebo. Helps with the fearbomb.

For candy corn, just remember to stand on the vomit.
For chainsaw dude, if you pick him near a place that has uneven ground, he's no challenge at all. Just hop from one side to another and faceroll from range. Theres a strech of map on the north part that allows this.

xeris

This and this. Maybe this too. Might as well also drop this.

Problem aint condi removal. They reapply it so often you'll be hard pressed to not have some on you unless youve a dedicated condi remover per party. Plus the major condi damage comes from torment, and that can be diminished in a very simple manner.

Problem is the ret.

Can always stack inside the gazebo. Helps with the fearbomb.

New hotness seems to be to stack in one of the nearby corners instead of in the 'zebo. Dunno how true it is, but there's been claims that stacking inside has been "fixed" somehow.

markot

Banned
Why'd they bother giving the char and asura distinguishing features if they can never be assed to properly fix the clothing for them?

The map commander was certainly scared of fighting it.
Lol. He threatened to leabe when I called him out. I guess he didn't see the tags that were following him.
I don't think the lich is too bad as long as you are in a group than can maintain damage and remove conditions. About the only time things get a little hairy is when it comes around the corner when you are already fighting another boss. If you're alone and it latches on to you then things can get a bit interesting.
As long as people can see the Lich attack where he raises one arm up in this air and everyone dodges, non of the skeletons will spawn therefore he won't get healed. That's all there is to his mechanic.
Found this in my inventory during random Labyrinth mobbing

As soon as it sells I should be able to put together Howler :eek:
That's awesome. Your rank will probably change now because other officers are jelly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol. He threatened to leabe when I called him out. I guess he didn't see the tags that were following him.

As long as people can see the Lich attack where he raises one arm up in this air and everyone dodges, non of the skeletons will spawn therefore he won't get healed. That's all there is to his mechanic.
I didn't know that, isn't most of the retal coming from the skeletons too?
That's awesome. Your rank will probably change now because other officers are jelly.
Nah :D

I didn't know that, isn't most of the retal coming from the skeletons too?

Nah :D
On the 2-man kill of Lich, I never worried of retal cuz even if we missed the dodge we killed the spawned skeleton first before attacking him. Maybe retal only lasts while the small skeletons are up.

Maybe Ike can shed some light into it because I wasn't paying attention to the boons on the Lich. Too busy bbqing him with my flamethrower.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
On the 2-man kill of Lich, I never worried of retal cuz even if we missed the dodge we killed the spawned skeleton first before attacking him. Maybe retal only lasts while the small skeletons are up.

Maybe Ike can shed some light into it because I wasn't paying attention to the boons on the Lich. Too busy bbqing him with my flamethrower.
I believe that's the case, but I'm not positive

GAF Labyrinth Guild Blitz - Monday, October 27th at 8:30PM EDT

Alright, folks- let's take on the combined delicious and skeletal armies of the Mad King and Bloody Prince. In the Labyrinth there is Candy Corn, there are haunted doors, there are lots of opportunities to die a horrible death. Come hang out on Mumble, kill things and see how we do as a guild against the area bosses. These are our targets:

Labyrinthine Horror
Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn
Legendary Skeletal Lich

From what I hear, the Lich can be a real pain in the junk. One thing that can be really helpful during high retaliation situations is any kind of minion you could summon. Condition removal is great. If you have one, a tankier set of gear is not a bad idea. Any other tips for guildies attending for taking him down will be much appreciated.

Or we can just have Kos and Ike solo it.

If your character has any kind of Halloween-themed outfit or costume, wear it for a guild photo! Halloweeny prizes up for grabs as well. Be there!

Boon and condition removal is all you need i have taken down the Lich over 10 times in the last few days and all the random pugs do is stack, and rip boons when Lich spawns the Skeleton, you need DPS tank is a no no, Lich steals life, the more DPS faster he dies and less chance of fight lasting 10mins, i have killed the Lich with a random pug group in 2mins..

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yay closed my 50th door.

Still I guess I should spend more time in the labyrinth to level up my cleric warrior to 80.

Boon and condition removal is all you need i have taken down the Lich over 10 times in the last few days and all the random pugs do is stack, and rip boons when Lich spawns the Skeleton, you need DPS tank is a no no, Lich steals life, the more DPS faster he dies and less chance of fight lasting 10mins, i have killed the Lich with a random pug group in 2mins..

Zerging bosses ruins the strategy/fun of fighting them, but with so many people there is really no other option but to zerg.

Spyware

Odd. Started the game earlier today and it worked just fine. Didn't play then, just checked out an outfit idea. Started it now to play and it crashed as soon as I pressed play with some mumbo jumbo reason. Found a solution (which meant I had to fix all my settings again, ugh) but I'm still completely confuzzled why it happened (as is people on the forums, apparently).

The skeletons have a shout that puts protection, regeneration, quickness, and retaliation on their allies, and (if you don't kill them quickly enough) the lich will periodically sacrifice them to heal itself.

Like you mentioned, we never really had to deal with it since we either dodged the summon or killed the skeletons before they got the chance to do anything.

First time since I started playing this game that I got scammed and kicked at the end of a dungeon. It just had to have been Arah story, too.

If someone can do me a favor and message WizardofWarsaw.8165 (Ismulin) that that's poor form, I'd much appreciate it. Bastard blocked me before I even had a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom