• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

Screenshots and support ticket? ANet takes that sort of thing very, very seriously.

Really tired of dipshit pug warriors trying to prove how big their wingwang is by getting so far ahead of the rest of the group that the NPC warps, misses a dungeon trigger and screws over the whole run. I want to see greatsword's mobility nerfed just to spite these dumbasses.

Screenshots and support ticket? ANet takes that sort of thing very, very seriously.

Never really looked into this before, but is a support ticket different from just reporting the person? I don't have any screenshots but the fact that he immediately blocked me after I got kicked is suspicious.

Mxrz

Well it used to be the only way to report this sort of thing since you lost all party chat and account name/info once you were out of the party. I'd guess they prefer the in game report system now, but can't imagine they'd ignore the ticket.

As far as I know this stuff is recorded in the logs. The few times it happen to me they'd want the time and location, and said they would investigate, but would not give details on action taken if any, etc.

Some screenshots I took from tonight. Shitty quality so wait for the ones that Zebes took.
Yq16g8A.jpg

9gySG7Z.jpg

Z3MVaWa.jpg

jEZ42xv.jpg

Can anyone identify the chest peiece and leggins on this Ranger?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks to all for attending our event. So glad we managed to wreck the Lich. Dat scaaaaling! :)

Congrats to all our Prize Winners and especially our Emilie who won the grand prize of a Bloody Prince Staff Skin!

Here are a couple shots I took (one has a shark!) and some 4K shots from Zebes are linked.
4k Shot 1
4k Shot 2

Really appreciate the turnout, I had a lot of fun :)

Looking forward to the teaser for next release tomorrow!

My screens look much more Halloween-y because of DarkD3.

Cool screens hawk and zed.

Had fun everyone, thanks for showing up and for hopping on mumble.

Good night.

I just wish we had had an easier time getting all of GAF into an instance together. That 25 person cap is pretty strict.

But it all worked out in the end, and I had a ton of fun, so I hope everyone else did too.

Spyware

I had fun!
Really wish we could talk to you on mumble too. But we'll need to buy a mic and I would also have to get over the fact that my english is rubbish compared to yours :p
Swenglish sucks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I had fun!
Really wish we could talk to you on mumble too. But we'll need to buy a mic and I would also have to get over the fact that my english is rubbish compared to yours :p
Swenglish sucks.
pfft, we wanna hear you!

the more people that hop on to chat the better, it's a fun group.

Neo Dark

Had fun. Thanks again Hawk.

Shame we didn't have someone streaming or a recording of us upscaling lich and making no progress using tactics to bring our members in

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't get it why aNet made Lich hard. I mean, I already got the cheevo, but why is it hard? Even the Viscount Candy wasn't this annoying.

Mxrz

I have no clue what that these new gem store items do. First time that's happened. Maybe the store itself could offer more details.

Attempt #1 to solo the Lich was visited by the Horror, with an unexpected outcome for said Horror. Unfortunately, it still ended in failure for me. I did get a good laugh.

Attempt #2 to solo the Lich succeeded, but I forgot to record the beginning of it. Figures.

Attempt #3 sort of succeeded; I got the Lich to 5% health before some random Charr ran in, to save me I'm sure. Not exactly a solo run at that point...

Attempt #4 wasn't as pretty as the others, but it's all there. I was frustrated at that point, and the Horror kept circling the labyrinth, threatening to interfere with the fight at inopportune times.

The main thing to take from this is that the little summoned skeletons are the real boss fight.

Anno

That spike already going in corn prices. If they weren't so damned inefficient space wise they'd probabiy be a good long term payoff. I imagine people will become addicted to having a line of boosts on them at any time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't get it why aNet made Lich hard. I mean, I already got the cheevo, but why is it hard? Even the Viscount Candy wasn't this annoying.
What's wrong with some small amount of challenge? I enjoy it a lot when not literally everything can be facerolled.
Attempt #1 to solo the Lich was visited by the Horror, with an unexpected outcome for said Horror. Unfortunately, it still ended in failure for me. I did get a good laugh.

Attempt #2 to solo the Lich succeeded, but I forgot to record the beginning of it. Figures.

Attempt #3 sort of succeeded; I got the Lich to 5% health before some random Charr ran in, to save me I'm sure. Not exactly a solo run at that point...

Attempt #4 wasn't as pretty as the others, but it's all there. I was frustrated at that point, and the Horror kept circling the labyrinth, threatening to interfere with the fight at inopportune times.

The main thing to take from this is that the little summoned skeletons are the real boss fight.
Impressive as always, nice work

Lunar15

Good to see the Pact getting set up. The idea of having an airship actually moving around the battlefield and shooting stuff is pretty neat.

Also, looks like we get to see more of the Priory, which is cool. Glint's realm from GW1 as well.

Retro

Well, let's see here...

- Looks like the Pact has set up a base (or at least an airship hangar) in the area near Dry Top.
- Sandstone Ruins. Reminds me of Petra.
- A new big flower / vine enemy.
- Arrow Cart being used in PVE, probably like in the Living Story episode at Fort Salma.
- A big, minotaur-looking creature (it's huge, has horns, walks on two digitigrade legs). Has a skull-looking face, similar to the Modrem wolves. Maybe it's a Mordrem Ogre?
- Hope that airship firing into the battle isn't just for show.

- Looks like we'll catch up with Marjory and Kasmeer at the Priory.
- Abaddon statue is in the Priory basement.
- The ceiling in one frame has letters for each Elder Dragon;.
  • Left side, top to bottom is S, Z and P (hidden by the wire, but it's pretty obvious what it is). S____, Zhaitan, Primordus.
  • Right side, top to bottom is K M J. Kralkatorrik, Mordremoth, Jormag.
    • The ocean dragon's name starts with "S."
- Oh yeah, that's a big ass spine hanging from the ceiling there too.
- A big store room. Barrel says "04", Box says "Stor-", can't see the rest of the crate to translate.
- Ogden, yay!
- A big crystal structure; Glint's Lair.
- Some kind of Hourglass relic? I hope this doesn't mean we do a bunch of time travel =\

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Some kind of Hourglass relic? I hope this doesn't mean we do a bunch of time travel =\

But time travel is so much fun and instantly makes things more interesting! Like LOST, Terminator, Star Trek and the final season of Felicity!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm... some of the warrior's traits are weird, like healing shouts should be at the trait that boosts healing and def, not vitality/boon

Retro

Huh. So there's a Charr standing behind the Hourglass before it explodes. It's not Rytlock, maybe it's just a player character. You can see him here; http://i.imgur.com/6GOC5FU.jpg

Excellent little analysis, Retro

Thanks.

All the Halloween stuff disappears on Tuesday, right?

I'm going to venture a guess and say Yes, but I have absolutely no evidence other than Halloween will be over at that point... and they'll want people focused on the new content instead of farming ToT bags.

Retro

Is there a good place to get a summary of the LS so far? I'd like to jump in once it starts, but I have no idea what's going on.

There's a short summary in the second post of the OT that covers Season 1. I should probably add a bit of Season 2 to it, and clean up the Beginner Tips since the NPE has changed some of that.

Alternatively, you could read the Wiki summary for Season 1 and Season 2, but those are obviously a bit lengthier.

I am so excited for next Tuesday I am gonna try to get approval to "work" from home on that day.

Hope ANET release update early like they used to do.

- Some kind of Hourglass relic? I hope this doesn't mean we do a bunch of time travel =\
Echoes of the past as a title. It really looks like we'll be going back in time. In this case way back, which I don't mind too much. I suspect they'll be covering the abaddon fractal's contents with this and I am excite.

Lunar15

Well, let's see here...

- Looks like the Pact has set up a base (or at least an airship hangar) in the area near Dry Top.
- Sandstone Ruins. Reminds me of Petra.
- A new big flower / vine enemy.
- Arrow Cart being used in PVE, probably like in the Living Story episode at Fort Salma.
- A big, minotaur-looking creature (it's huge, has horns, walks on two digitigrade legs). Has a skull-looking face, similar to the Modrem wolves. Maybe it's a Mordrem Ogre?
- Hope that airship firing into the battle isn't just for show.

- Looks like we'll catch up with Marjory and Kasmeer at the Priory.
- Abaddon statue is in the Priory basement.
- The ceiling in one frame has letters for each Elder Dragon;.
  • Left side, top to bottom is S, Z and P (hidden by the wire, but it's pretty obvious what it is). S____, Zhaitan, Primordus.
  • Right side, top to bottom is K M J. Kralkatorrik, Mordremoth, Jormag.
    • The ocean dragon's name starts with "S."
- Oh yeah, that's a big ass spine hanging from the ceiling there too.
- A big store room. Barrel says "04", Box says "Stor-", can't see the rest of the crate to translate.
- Ogden, yay!
- A big crystal structure; Glint's Lair.

Wonder what that spine (or perhaps tail?) is from? Glint? Zhaitan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom