• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

$100 in gems is worth over 1000 gold currently. Geh. That is tempting. Would never need to dungeon farm again (for a few months!)

Taffer

I've been meaning to clear some crap out of my bank onto an alt that'll just remain parked in a city. Now I have to decide if I should just buy another bank tab instead while they're cheap. This decision could have LONG-TERM CONSEQUENCES.

Zeroth

I've been meaning to clear some crap out of my bank onto an alt that'll just remain parked in a city. Now I have to decide if I should just buy another bank tab instead while they're cheap. This decision could have LONG-TERM CONSEQUENCES.

Aka til next week

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
On the southern end of Divinity's Reach, the Waypoint circled. Then you just head to the west, and you'll see the Black Lion trading company in their little alcove.

It's an easy one to miss, because the icon for the trader is partially obscured by the waypoint on the floor below it, if you're zoomed out on the map and looking for it.

21zJTDm.png

A tip: If you see an NPC with [Directions] in their name, you can ask them to indicate where the nearest bank or trader is, and they'll mark it with your personal waypoint (an off-white star).

Coolio, thanks. I'll check it out tonight once I get home from work.

Emitan

So unlocking traits as you level is actually really fun. As opposed to hitting 80, looking at all the things I need to do and getting pissed off.

Map completion is a great way to level and I've actually done little mini dungeons and such that I never knew existed.

aember

Heyo, I'm fairly new to this (the last time I played GW2 was the 2nd or 3rd weekend test and didn't sleep at all during said testing phase!) and I finally picked up the game thanks to the sale.

I noticed in the OP that the main GAF guild is on a North American server and that got me thinking - is there perhaps a GAF community on one of the European servers? I'd like to play with some lower pings and maybe switch to the NA server once I've gotten the hang of the game!

Retro

Heyo, I'm fairly new to this (the last time I played GW2 was the 2nd or 3rd weekend test and didn't sleep at all during said testing phase!) and I finally picked up the game thanks to the sale.

I noticed in the OP that the main GAF guild is on a North American server and that got me thinking - is there perhaps a GAF community on one of the European servers? I'd like to play with some lower pings and maybe switch to the NA server once I've gotten the hang of the game!

Welcome.

Without getting into the sordid details, there was an EU GAFGuild at launch but the two individuals who elected themselves leaders completely flaked out and left everyone high and dry. We've been holding guild charities and lottery events to raise money to help transfer folks over to NA servers ever since.

The good news is, we have lots of players from all over the world (Not just Europe but Asia and Australia as well) who play with us on Stormbluff Isle and report minimal latency issues.

My advice; roll on Stormbluff Isle and give it a try for 15 levels. If you find the latency issues are problematic, you can delete your character and start over on an EU server for free Because money / storage is account bound, you won't lose any gold you accrue in those first few levels and getting to level 15 takes about an hour and a half so you won't be too far behind time-wise. Up to you, but I would try a test now when we're talking about an hour or two of time lost rather than pay a lot to transfer later.

Thorgal

Welcome .

There is no longer a European guild anymore as that fell apart long ago .

Now almost everyone is on Stormbluff isle ( NA server ) and as a fellow EU player i can happily report that is no to very little lag on my end .

If you want to run with the guild i can highly recommend coming straight to SBI.

/ edit : Beaten .

Retro

/ edit : Beaten .

Only slightly, but I'd rather have folks who are actually EU players chime in with their feedback. I always worry that I only hear the good reports and there are a few EU players who are maybe slipping through the cracks. I want everyone to have the best experience they can.

aember

My advice; roll on Stormbluff Isle and give it a try for 15 levels. If you find the latency issues are problematic, you can delete your character and start over on an EU server for free Because money / storage is account bound, you won't lose any gold you accrue in those first few levels and getting to level 15 takes about an hour and a half so you won't be too far behind time-wise. Up to you, but I would try a test now when we're talking about an hour or two of time lost rather than pay a lot to transfer later.

Alright, I'll give the Isle a try then!

Thorgal

Only slightly, but I'd rather have folks who are actually EU players chime in with their feedback. I always worry that I only hear the good reports and there are a few EU players who are maybe slipping through the cracks. I want everyone to have the best experience they can.

The only time i encounter lag is when everyone else is having it .

Of course this can also vary connection to connection and provider to provider .
Also living in the country that is ranked 12th of fastest internet on the planet also probably helps . :p

But again , if there is any latency it is so small that i do not even notice it .

aember

Making my character at the moment, but I'm just hoping it won't affect Dodging too much. If that works fine then I think I'll stay on the NA server.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Because money / storage is account bound, you won't lose any gold you accrue in those first few levels and getting to level 15 takes about an hour and a half so you won't be too far behind time-wise.

Getting to level 15 takes an hour and a half?! I must be doing something wrong then. I've been playing for a few days now and I'm only at level 9...

I've just been following the instructions at the top of the screen (go here to discover x, go complete quest y, take part in event z). Is there a more efficient way I should be leveling up? I feel like there's no plot at all at this point so I must be missing something.

Retro

Getting to level 15 takes an hour and a half?! I must be doing something wrong then. I've been playing for a few days now and I'm only at level 9...

I've just been following the instructions at the top of the screen (go here to discover x, go complete quest y, take part in event z). Is there a more efficient way I should be leveling up? I feel like there's no plot at all at this point so I must be missing something.

My figure is probably off a bit (or more than a bit) since I tested it on an existing account but a new character when they redid the early leveling stuff. I roughly knew where to go and what to do which probably spend things up quite a bit. I will say, however, that it picks up once you can do your Personal Story at level 10 (each chapter throws you almost half a level).

You're fine, just keep doing what you're doing; enjoy the journey and don't rush it.

aember

Alright, I've been messing around a bit, haven't really started the journey, but I wanted to see how the connection handles and I think I'm gonna stick around here.

My name for the guild invite is aember.3942!

And with that it's time to head to bed.

Retro

Alright, I've been messing around a bit, haven't really started the journey, but I wanted to see how the connection handles and I think I'm gonna stick around here.

My name for the guild invite is aember.3942!

And with that it's time to head to bed.

Invite sent, click "Represent" at the bottom of the Guild menu (Default: G). /g is the shortcut for guild chat.

Spyware

Swede here. We have great internet here so that might be a part of it but generally I think it's completely fine being in Europe and playing on NA servers.

I transferred from EU servers to NA just before Halloween.
Halloween has a jumping puzzle that's widely known as the hardest in the game. It requires speed, timing and precision jumping. I'm really good at it and love it to bits. My biggest fear about transferring over was that I wouldn't be able to play that JP as well as before (or at all!).
When the update came I quickly found out that there were no problems at all. :D

So therefore I'm totally on the "no problem with being on NA servers from Europe" side.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I missed the bank/inventory slot sale so now I naturally hate the game, since I value space more than I do a Legendary.

Mxrz

I've done Tangled Paths on all my characters - each class, 80, ascended/exotics, etc. - and the difficulty between the classes is really noticeable. Admittedly I am not terribly good at some classes, but I can understand people complaining about the difficulty.

Necro was last, and surprisingly probably the easiest. Condition damage cut down the bosses faster than my warriors and guardian did. No check points were needed either with Deathshroud and fears handy. Necro is a class I would really like to play more, but the Dungeon issues and lack of mobility in pvp are real fun killers. Such an interesting class otherwise.

Levyne

Banned
Highlights that I noticed

New Jumping Puzzle
Fine Wine collection and Brewmaster Collection are finally going to be implemented
Teleport to friend consumable in BL chests

Mail carrier customization :eek:

Mxrz

I want those nodes. Hopefully they are not on hair contract levels of rarity. The siege disabler is nerfed up the wazoo. Oh well.

Retro

Home instance unlocks for orichalcum ore, elder wood logs, omnomberries, snow truffles, and lotuses have been added as very rare drops.

XpjhBtm.gif

Mail carriers have been added to the Equipment section of the Hero panel for accounts with a character higher than level 71.

A new Griffon Mail Carrier is available in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 500 gems.

Mail-o-tron incoming.

Mxrz

Gold sellers going nuts. I've had to turn whispers off in my main tab. They need to get the Archeage servers back up soon.

Thorgal

Ilove the new update to inventory .

Newly gained items from bags and rewards now flashes in your inventory eliminating having to search around on what you got from it .

Like wise salvaging now causes all items that can't be salvaged to have a permanent dark red font on them ( like the crafting tab ) making it so much easier .

Lunar15

Wait, what was the last update? I think I missed it. Shoot, will I have to buy it now?

Last one I did was the one where you went into the hourglass into Glint's Realm.

Wait, what was the last update? I think I missed it. Shoot, will I have to buy it now?

Last one I did was the one where you went into the hourglass into Glint's Realm.

That was Echos of the Past. Glint's Realm was in the Hidden Arcana story mission.

The last update was Tangled Paths. So you missed that one. It was pretty short, but with two rather good story instances, I felt.

The current one is Seeds of Truth.

To recap:

jDV7WN0.png

Man, we're spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom