• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

Somehow I unlocked all my utility slots despite being level 13?

zq0GbaP.png

I can only change the first one though. Stuck with those other two skills until I actually unlock the slots I assume.

TrounceX

Damn just saw the $20 deal.

I might buy another account at that price. Same price as it would be to transfer servers. So that will make 3 accounts total: Blackgate, Seafarer's Rest, and now Jade Quarry.

Hopefully this will reignite my passion for the game long enough for Halo MCC to finally get fixed.

Also, Zeroth finished Twilight tonight!
If you weren't going for Eternity, Zeroth could have given you Twilight, you forge Eternity, sell it for 4,165g (after taxes), remake Twilight using less than 2770g worth of mats (because of clovers), for a 700+g profit per person. Everyone wins!

Edit: While I was looking at the recent costs to make a legendary it turns out that Gift of Magic and Gift of Might (250 of each T6) cost a total 1000g just to make them. What an age we live in.

Zeroth

If you weren't going for Eternity, Zeroth could have given you Twilight, you forge Eternity, sell it for 4,165g (after taxes), remake Twilight using less than 2770g worth of mats (because of clovers), for a 700+g profit per person. Everyone wins!

Edit: While I was looking at the recent costs to make a legendary it turns out that Gift of Magic and Gift of Might (250 of each T6) cost a total 1000g just to make them. What an age we live in.

But then Ike would lose Sunrise and only get 700g back. If you are going for the skin, that's fine, but there are some benefits in having the legendary itself... plus, as you said, he would need to work on it again.

All you people getting legendaries... I've been playing for 2+ years and still not one.

Have you been working to *get* one? They don't just fall out of the sky, y'know :p It took me a year of being focused on getting one, (and a little help from the guild), to get mine.

It all starts once you make that spreadsheet of items you need to start stockpiling...

Retro

Makeups in ~2.5 hours!

good run today everyone. Tical the Dragon especially, was quite the something.

Hehe, can we please start calling him Tickle the Dragon from now on?

Good job to the super special assassination squad

They found and put down Shaman well before we put down Poobadoo. Granted, it took us longer to get everyone there and ready, but Shaman isn't exactly easy to find and the zone he's in isn't friendly by any stretch. Top notch work.

Also, Zeroth finished Twilight tonight!

Gratz, Zeroth!

All you people getting legendaries... I've been playing for 2+ years and still not one.

Same here, but I've never really tried because none of the current Legendaries really appeal to me (I'm picky as hell about what weapons my characters use). I bought a Rodgort's Flame on the cheap and stashed it, though.

Levyne

Banned
Gonna miss make-ups too.

Meh.

Work work work work.

Eventually I think I want Eternity but I don't foresee another precursor dropping into my lap to help fund it.

Mxrz

I have the means to make Eternity, but holding out for new legendaries. Unless a Dawn falls in my lap, I'll probably wait. It seems like every group has one, and I miss snowflake status. Also tempted by the Dreamthistle weapons.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah if a new legendary set comes out, I think I'll shoot for something like a torch/underwater so that I'm not just going for the same greatsword a third of the playerbase will have by 2016.

Spyware

Hope I can make it to the missions today. Really sad I missed the main ones.

I'm not too fond of most legendaries (I will never understand the Bifrost love for example). I do really love one tho and that's The Flameseeker Prophecies. Wouldn't say no to Howler either.

Zeroth

I have no plans for another legendary right now (gotta savor Twilight first), but before picking it I was considering picking either Bifrost or Meteorlogicus, because these weapon types are the ones I use the most. However, at this point I'm more interested in waiting and see what will happen when Anet adds more legendaries.

hythloday

The problem with current legendary weapons is when I look at someone with a legendary weapon, I don't think "That person has completed great feats and extensive adventures" but instead I think "That person has a lot of money." They're neat, but they're not legendary in the MMO sense of the word. At least in my opinion.

That said, I like the Bifrost and the ponybow.

Shiokazu

The problem with current legendary weapons is when I look at someone with a legendary weapon, I don't think "That person has completed great feats and extensive adventures" but instead I think "That person has a lot of money." They're neat, but they're not legendary in the MMO sense of the word. At least in my opinion.

That said, I like the Bifrost and the ponybow.

yeah... everything nowdays is get gold and shove down the BLTC.

i want to do mine the hard way, so it feels dear and legendary to me at least.

Thank you so much for the help in getting the challenge mote to appear in that mission, Zeroth. We managed to go through and finish all the achiements in Dragon's Reach part 2 and Echos of the Past today, woot!

Retro

Excellent makeups, excellent mini-dungeon, excellent jumping puzzle. GAF is excellent.

Update is Tuesday. Also Excellent.

My pet theory: the little glowing Mordrem got that way because they're Bloodstone infused. Probably not excellent.

Thorgal

heh today after winning a pvp match with Staff ele with Celestial an pirate runes i had the pleasure of watching 2 players go into complete meltdown and where screaming - well furiously typing in all caps on hhow ELE cele is overpowered and should be nerfed into the ground .

Ah brings me back to my dark souls trolling days with getting angry psn messages .

But to be honest , what do you think ? is Ele cele too op ?

Her's my build if interested :

gw22014-11-3023-11-05z4uj1.png

gw22014-11-3023-11-17jbu49.png

Sigils are sigil of doom and sigil of energy .

My friends and I agree that "Exposed Weakness: Redux" is the most fun we've had with GW2's encounter design in a while. It's nothing complex, just very entertaining since you're fighting the game's natural systems. We didn't even mind doing it all again, as one person didn't get the cheevo the first time we ran it. Having the retry motes in front of every encounter in Hidden Arcana was also very appreciated, hopefully a standard moving forward (looking at you, World Summit).

It's a stunning area, almost wasted on guild missions. They should make a kind of 'explore mode' for those places.

That last shot is *perfect*, btw.

I decided to check my /age of shame today:

YQHtjQa.jpg

I jumped in on that $20 Black Friday deal, excited to finally play.

I made a character named "The Animatrix" on Stormbluff Isle, my account name is FrankHowley.6871. I'd love an invite to the guild.

Edit: Zeroth Breaker instantly added me - Thanks!

Zeroth and I had been talking for a few months about making opposite greatswords, so it has been nice running around together showing them off.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Have you been working to *get* one? They don't just fall out of the sky, y'know :p It took me a year of being focused on getting one, (and a little help from the guild), to get mine.

It all starts once you make that spreadsheet of items you need to start stockpiling...

I already have 2 out of 4 done :p

Just needed to do Gift of Fortune and getting Tooth of Frostfang.

Cracklox

Soooo. Didn't know about the /age thing (was gunna ask how to check) and I think I've got a problem. 163 hours in 22 days. I'm pretty sure I haven't worked that amount of time at a fulltime job in the last 22 days....

And, oh Legendaries!

* checks wiki *

Dang! Might take my level 20 crafting skills a little while.....

Bank Tab Expansion 420 gems (usually 600 gems)
Bag Slot Expansion 280 gems (usually 400 gems)
Shadow Assassin Outfit 420 gems (usually 700 gems)

Today's sale.

Looks like I'll be expanding my bank to a 5th tab.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I can't seem to find a Black Lion Trader in Divinity's Reach to pick up some stuff I bought in an auction. Where are they? I'm a human in case that makes a difference.

Thanks, I'll look for it tonight.

On the southern end of Divinity's Reach, the Waypoint circled. Then you just head to the west, and you'll see the Black Lion trading company in their little alcove.

It's an easy one to miss, because the icon for the trader is partially obscured by the waypoint on the floor below it, if you're zoomed out on the map and looking for it.

21zJTDm.png

A tip: If you see an NPC with [Directions] in their name, you can ask them to indicate where the nearest bank or trader is, and they'll mark it with your personal waypoint (an off-white star).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom