• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffer

SweetFX is in theory, no different from Steam Overlay or Overwolf Overlay. And both those are safe.

Fun Fact: If I use the Steam overlay with GW2 sometimes after closing the overlay the dodge button and 'H' shortcut for the Hero panel stop working. The cure is mashing the overlay key combo over and over until I can dodge again. So I don't bother running Steam if I'm playing GW2 because why bother if no overlay? (Yes yes borderless window, I know).
This is now my excuse for standing there and getting hit by everything. Good thing a rabid necro can do that. And all my alts.

EDIT: New page, have a picture of a giraffe:

CKcugEK.jpg

Zeroth

Fun Fact: If I use the Steam overlay with GW2 sometimes after closing the overlay the dodge button and 'H' shortcut for the Hero panel stop working. The cure is mashing the overlay key combo over and over until I can dodge again. So I don't bother running Steam if I'm playing GW2 because why bother if no overlay? (Yes yes borderless window, I know).
This is now my excuse for standing there and getting hit by everything. Good thing a rabid necro can do that. And all my alts.

I'm sure there is no way to fix this at all. Nope.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, sweetfx works pretty well. I had settled on a good setting but I've since lost it. Arken might still have it.

Cels

It's part of the Gates of Arah event right? http://gw2timer.com/ has it, check under their Orr temples tab.

I would recommend understanding the event chain so you know if it's in progress. Start with this wiki page, then work backward through "Preceded By."

i'm familiar with the chain, I've done the chain before on other characters. i just wanted to know if there's a website that uses the API to see if there's any servers with the chain active, so I don't have to park a character in Orr and login to check myself. unfortunately, after doing more research of my own, it looks like the megaserver system broke the existing APIs that allowed such timers to exist, so the only thing you can "track" (if you want to call it that) is the scheduled bosses. i remember seeing a few websites where you could check literally every single zone in the game for any server and see what events are active, in real time, but none of those work now.

guess i'll park my thief in Orr.

You know, the trait change really has caused me to change my leveling practice for alts.

Before, it was largely about making sure I explored enough to get the world bosses available, but otherwise as fast as possible. Lots of crafting for xp, zerg events, trains, you name it. I learned my classes, but really, was rushing for end game.

With the ranger, post patch, it's largely about world exploration and hitting any events that pop up in the process. As a result i've basically 100% most of the zones i've taken the character to. I've not even started on it's personal story yet, nor doing some of the dungeons for unlocks.

BraXzy

EDIT: New page, have a picture of a giraffe:

Awesome picture! :D

Yeah, sweetfx works pretty well. I had settled on a good setting but I'm since lost it. Arken might still have it.

Ooh, I use SweetFX in quite a few games and I never even thought to check if it worked. The game looks awesome on its own anyway but adding a little bit extra never hurts. This site has a bunch of different settings that people have done, you can preview before/after of shots to see how it affects the image: http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1/

PS. Ya'll should get Mario Kart 8, it is amazing.

Katoki

Been using SweetFX forever except my pictures never come out that nicely. But then again, everything looks nice on this tablet because it's shrunken to fit the screen.

You know, the trait change really has caused me to change my leveling practice for alts.

Before, it was largely about making sure I explored enough to get the world bosses available, but otherwise as fast as possible. Lots of crafting for xp, zerg events, trains, you name it. I learned my classes, but really, was rushing for end game.

With the ranger, post patch, it's largely about world exploration and hitting any events that pop up in the process. As a result i've basically 100% most of the zones i've taken the character to. I've not even started on it's personal story yet, nor doing some of the dungeons for unlocks.

Trait change also punishes hella hard people who level through pvp/wvw =/

Plus, y'know, much like doing 100% map, its reaaaaally not something that i'm looking forward to doing more than once. Heck, i'm not even looking forward to doing it once.

Should be just tied to personal story. Clear first arc, here you go, all t1 traits unlocked. Clear noble/stupid sacrifice arc, here you go, all t2 traits. Clear arah, 1 of each t3 trait. Regardless of level.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Last night while dungeoning with a few certain people I leveled up to 80 by getting my "Daily Reviver".

Just sayin...

A question for the GW1 players. Does Glint's Challenge scale or something, the more Cloths you get, the more difficult it becomes? I got six cloths without any issue, and now all of a sudden, the exact same builds and tactics I used before no longer work.

A question for the GW1 players. Does Glint's Challenge scale or something, the more Cloths you get, the more difficult it becomes? I got six cloths without any issue, and now all of a sudden, the exact same builds and tactics I used before no longer work.

I don't remember it scaling, i got a lot of cloths with no problems, then again i used the AFK build, don't know if it's still around but there use to be a 7 heroes AFK build, you place your heroes in a specific area, start the challenge and walked away, the Heroes did it all for ya...

No, it doesn't scale. You only get 1 per human player.

Also, remember if you hate farming glint you can always on normal do it while AFK, all it requires is the initial set up and picking up the loot. (assuming you are not already doing the afk glint farm).

I don't remember it scaling, i got a lot of cloths with no problems, then again i used the AFK build, don't know if it's still around but there use to be a 7 heroes AFK build, you place your heroes in a specific area, start the challenge and walked away, the Heroes did it all for ya...

Also, remember if you hate farming glint you can always on normal do it while AFK, all it requires is the initial set up and picking up the loot. (assuming you are not already doing the afk glint farm).

I've been using the same AFK build I did for the previous six cloths. Except now, all of a sudden, that exact build no longer works. The party wipes, and there have been zero changes to the heros or builds. That's why I'm asking if something changes, or if it scales, etc.

Because what worked for cloths 1 through 6, are not working for cloth 7.

I've been using the same AFK build I did for the previous six cloths. Except now, all of a sudden, that exact build no longer works. The party wipes, and there have been zero changes to the heros or builds. That's why I'm asking if something changes, or if it scales, etc.

Because what worked for cloths 1 through 6, are not working for cloth 7.
Your heroes might have been hit by a Destroyer of thoughts or something. Those guys really screw things up sometimes with HEV/shatter hex.

Callunah

Neo Member
this is a good excuse to get my necro to a halfway reasonable state... hmm, I'll try to be a part of this.

Created a new necro today.. hoping to get up to wvw playability... but as soon as I hit level 2... I felt a sincere need to think about my actions... so I promptly took the most amazing nap. *grin* Once my personal chef at the local pizzaria delivers tonight's delicacies, I'll get back to it!

Created a new necro today.. hoping to get up to wvw playability... but as soon as I hit level 2... I felt a sincere need to think about my actions... so I promptly took the most amazing nap. *grin* Once my personal chef at the local pizzaria delivers tonight's delicacies, I'll get back to it!

What did you end up naming your Necro?

Granadier

Lump, can I join in on your Necro WvW party this Friday with my condi/engi?

I don't think I'll have time to level a new Necro.

Moondrop

Banned
This was really the only fair solution; I refrained from posting it in advance to avoid arguments. Welcome to the boat everyone. :)

Lump, can I join in on your Necro WvW party this Friday with my condi/engi?

I don't think I'll have time to level a new Necro.

All are welcome, we just want to have as many MM Necros as possible.

And damn, that reward delay really sucks. I wanted my white flame torch tomorrow.

The delay is probably so they can see who didn't get the rewards, they probably don't want reset and give players who already got a reward chest another one, if they did i would have 900 tickets, come on Anet take the lazy route and give me more tickets..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This was really the only fair solution; I refrained from posting it in advance to avoid arguments. Welcome to the boat everyone. :)
Yeah, that's reasonable. I wouldn't want to rub my ill-gotten Mistforged glories in the face of the deserving. Hope it's all sorted out soon.

In other news, one final addition to this round of officer promotions- everyone please welcome Zeroth to the team! :D

Granadier

Yeah, that's reasonable. I wouldn't want to rub my ill-gotten Mistforged glories in the face of the deserving. Hope it's all sorted out soon.

In other news, one final addition to this round of officer promotions- everyone please welcome Zeroth to the team! :D

Congrats Zeroth!!!

applause2.gif

Katoki

See? Everyone gets to be an officer... the only caveat is figuring out how to do it. I remember people that wanted to be officers but have never gotten anywhere with it or if they were serious or not.

For instance, Kos gained officer status after successfully executing Beardgate 2013.

And Zed is the first WvW commanding asura in guild.

Then ThinFinn attained officer status because he left for Final Fantasy XIV or whatever number that MMO is.

Xeris because he has 32 level 80s.

Does he know as an officer using mumble is mandatory?
See? Everyone gets to be an officer. The only caveat is figuring out how to do it. I remember people that wanted to be officers but have never gotten anywhere with it or if they were serious or not.
How to do what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom