• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Brynn Vaulderie

For GW2, I am a lovely lady warrior, haha.
15297065494104768512_37sb9.jpg

I am a big fan of just plain-looking, functional armor; MMO's tend to veer towards either Chainmail Bikini territory or just get gaudy and impractical, with little bits sticking off everywhere, fiery bits, etc. And if there's one thing I like more than regular looking armor, it's when it's worn by female characters; I'm a big fan of the "Joan of Arc" look where the armor isn't over-sexualized and you just have a normal suit of armor without anything silly like armor-plated breasts or exposed mid-rifts.

The reason I say all that is because that's a GREAT look you've got going there. Nice Job.

I still can't believe I won the lottery. You guys rock.

Luck of the draw. Congratulations again.

"Mumble: A Haiku"

This server is crap
Server connection timed out
Someday, a new host.

In case it wasn't obvious from this nice little piece of poetry, Mumble has shit itself. It is a service-wide outage, even the official NeoGAF server is out. We'll have more details as we get them.

Thorgal

Luck of the draw. Congratulations again.

In case it wasn't obvious from this nice little piece of poetry, Mumble has shit itself. It is a service-wide outage, even the official NeoGAF server is out. We'll have more details as we get them.

Are make ups still a go ?

Retro

Are make ups still a go ?

Yeah, I might be a touch late (had some stuff come up, having a quick lunch then I'll be on), but makeups should still be happening assuming we have enough people who need comms and/or volunteers. Bounty and Rush are definitely doable, challenge and puzzle if we can get at least two groups together.

Thorgal

Yeah, I might be a touch late (had some stuff come up, having a quick lunch then I'll be on), but makeups should still be happening assuming we have enough people who need comms and/or volunteers. Bounty and Rush are definitely doable, challenge and puzzle if we can get at least two groups together.

Mumble is still down . though

Katoki

With all the legendaries that you have I think you might be the new Levyne aka Seda Khold.

They still need to play a class where a legendary is in each weapon slot and and swap. Can't just have multiple legendary weapons spread across multiple characters.

Trey

I begrudgingly accept the 12 person queue I sometimes endure when waiting to get into EB - and I can literally still play the entire rest of the game while I wait to zone into one single mode.

I couldn't imagine waiting for 3 hours to just get in game. I'm not built for any MMO that isn't GW2.

Thorgal

If there's one thing that became quite apparent is that i really got to start doing more world completion .

The festival is such a distraction :p

BraXzy

If there's one thing that became quite apparent is that i really got to start doing more world completion .

The festival is such a distraction :p

I'm exactly the same. I was slowly working my way through zones, 100%ing things as I went.. and then I was introduced to WvW/EotM and I wanted to get the Meta achievement in time. Then the Bazaar arrived and that soaked up a lot of my time, so I'm only sitting at 30%.

Sorry to all who must wait for me to walk to Guild Missions/Dungeons :3

Thorgal

I'm exactly the same. I was slowly working my way through zones, 100%ing things as I went.. and then I was introduced to WvW/EotM and I wanted to get the Meta achievement in time. Then the Bazaar arrived and that soaked up a lot of my time, so I'm only sitting at 30%.

Sorry to all who must wait for me to walk to Guild Missions/Dungeons :3

16% yeah...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it was Twilight, but yeah he was the first with a legendary in guild with The Dreamer I believe, and made Kudzu too.

Thanks for help with makeups all!

I am a big fan of just plain-looking, functional armor; MMO's tend to veer towards either Chainmail Bikini territory or just get gaudy and impractical, with little bits sticking off everywhere, fiery bits, etc. And if there's one thing I like more than regular looking armor, it's when it's worn by female characters; I'm a big fan of the "Joan of Arc" look where the armor isn't over-sexualized and you just have a normal suit of armor without anything silly like armor-plated breasts or exposed mid-rifts.

The reason I say all that is because that's a GREAT look you've got going there. Nice Job.

Thank you! I love the full sets of plain armor too. I typically stay away from anything flashy, haha.

Let's hope I never feel the need to wear something like this.

Shiokazu

not that pvp alone is bad.

i have the bad luck of always getting rooms that make it harder for me to play.

i mean, 4x2.

not a very nice math to someone unskilled.

Retro

Thank you! I love the full sets of plain armor too. I typically stay away from anything flashy, haha.

Let's hope I never feel the need to wear something like this.

That's downright conservative compared to say, Tera. Careful if you go a'Googling, the Elin can land you on a few law enforcement watchlists.

I posted this at SBI's forums, but I want GAF to know they should come too:

This week I'd like to think most of us are taking it a lot easier after a hard nine weeks of pushing ourselves. Plus, the match-up this week put us in an unfavorable position no matter what other circumstances were put into play.

One thing we didn't do this week was have any prepared teams in SBI BL at reset - not because of the competition we were going up against (everyone thought it would be a different and easier matchup), but because barely anyone wanted to go into SBI BL right after that hard tournament. Maybe people didn't think it would be very fun to defend.

This week, I want to change that - sign up with me and on Friday, June 6th at reset, we will defend our BL with a swarm of minions the likes of which our enemy will never expect. The natural predator of the Minion Master zerg is the inaccessible arrow cart, and there should be a lot fewer of those when we defend our home turf. It's going to be fun, and we will bury even the best hammer squads under so many minions and poison bombs that no enemy will stand a chance.

What you'll need:
- a Necromancer (preferably level 80, but at least try to be level 30 for Flesh Golem)
- a Staff (secondary weapon is whatever you prefer, but I like Dagger+Dagger personally)
- An ability bar full of minions, like so:
Blood Fiend, Bone Minions, Bone Fiend, Shadow Fiend, Flesh Golem
lx2vsC0.jpg

What I recommend:
- Power + Vitality + Toughness (PVT) Armor/Weapons/Accessories.

Recommended Traits (up to personal taste in the end, however):
Spite III: Spiteful Removal (Condition Removal as we mow through unfortunate zergs that oppose us)
Spite IX: Training of the Master (Increases Minion Damage; self explanatory)
Death Magic III: Minion Master (Increases recharge on MM skills)
Death Magic X: Flesh of the Master (Minions have increased health; more Toughness for Necro)
Death Magic XI: Death Nova (When enemies die, they spawn MORE MINIONS. When minions die, they explode POISON.)
Blood Magic II: Bloodthirst (Siphoning health is more effective; more uptime and less dying)
Blood Magic VII: Vampiric Master (Minions siphon health and transfer it to Necro)
jOR8o4G.jpg

Consider these Runes:
Superior Runes of the Lich for extra life + extra minion (Cheap)
Superior Runes of the Ranger for a lot of extra DPS (Pricier)
Superior Runes of Speed / the Traveler for movement speed (Super Pricey)

Consider these Sigils:
Sigil of Frailty to inflict Vulnerability (Cheap)
Sigil of Purity for extra Condi Removal (Super Cheap)
Sigil of Water for healing allies around you (Super Cheap)

A lot of peeps like to run Minion Masters their own way, and that's great; the main thing is that I want to see a whole BUNCH of Minion Masters on Friday, ready to swarm and devour whichever enemy team tries to take our BL.

If you are interested in joining in, post here and then be here on Friday. SBI has taken a week of rest but I want to show everyone else in our tier that our BL is no longer welcome to intruders.

Retro

Consider these Runes:

Consider these Sigils:

That's the most elaborate market manipulation I've seen.

Retro

It's hilarious because I remember Lump hyping these 3 sigils at some point as good investments.

That was literally word-for-word taken from the top response to his Superior Sigil of Water video on Youtube. He knows I'm teasin' =p

Shiokazu

I posted this at SBI's forums, but I want GAF to know they should come too:

This week I'd like to think most of us are taking it a lot easier after a hard nine weeks of pushing ourselves. Plus, the match-up this week put us in an unfavorable position no matter what other circumstances were put into play.

One thing we didn't do this week was have any prepared teams in SBI BL at reset - not because of the competition we were going up against (everyone thought it would be a different and easier matchup), but because barely anyone wanted to go into SBI BL right after that hard tournament. Maybe people didn't think it would be very fun to defend.

This week, I want to change that - sign up with me and on Friday, June 6th at reset, we will defend our BL with a swarm of minions the likes of which our enemy will never expect. The natural predator of the Minion Master zerg is the inaccessible arrow cart, and there should be a lot fewer of those when we defend our home turf. It's going to be fun, and we will bury even the best hammer squads under so many minions and poison bombs that no enemy will stand a chance.

What you'll need:
- a Necromancer (preferably level 80, but at least try to be level 30 for Flesh Golem)
- a Staff (secondary weapon is whatever you prefer, but I like Dagger+Dagger personally)
- An ability bar full of minions, like so:
Blood Fiend, Bone Minions, Bone Fiend, Shadow Fiend, Flesh Golem
lx2vsC0.jpg

What I recommend:
- Power + Vitality + Toughness (PVT) Armor/Weapons/Accessories.

Recommended Traits (up to personal taste in the end, however):
Spite III: Spiteful Removal (Condition Removal as we mow through unfortunate zergs that oppose us)
Spite IX: Training of the Master (Increases Minion Damage; self explanatory)
Death Magic III: Minion Master (Increases recharge on MM skills)
Death Magic X: Flesh of the Master (Minions have increased health; more Toughness for Necro)
Death Magic XI: Death Nova (When enemies die, they spawn MORE MINIONS. When minions die, they explode POISON.)
Blood Magic II: Bloodthirst (Siphoning health is more effective; more uptime and less dying)
Blood Magic VII: Vampiric Master (Minions siphon health and transfer it to Necro)
jOR8o4G.jpg

Consider these Runes:

Consider these Sigils:

A lot of peeps like to run Minion Masters their own way, and that's great; the main thing is that I want to see a whole BUNCH of Minion Masters on Friday, ready to swarm and devour whichever enemy team tries to take our BL.

If you are interested in joining in, post here and then be here on Friday. SBI has taken a week of rest but I want to show everyone else in our tier that our BL is no longer welcome to intruders.

tumblr_msoswb0i7E1sqpny7o1_250.gif

im in.

Cels

slowly getting back into the game. I want to lock trait xiii for my thief in the first line, which requires going to cursed shore and killing the risen high wizard (the event that opens up Arah) - which should be fun...and i'd rather not pay money to do it.

is there a way to track this event? i know there are a lot of event timers tracking the popular events with guaranteed chests but i don't think this is one of them. otherwise i think i'll have to leave my thief parked in cursed shore and just login hoping the event is active? there has to be some more elegant way to do this.

spiritfox

slowly getting back into the game. I want to lock trait xiii for my thief in the first line, which requires going to cursed shore and killing the risen high wizard (the event that opens up Arah) - which should be fun...and i'd rather not pay money to do it.

is there a way to track this event? i know there are a lot of event timers tracking the popular events with guaranteed chests but i don't think this is one of them. otherwise i think i'll have to leave my thief parked in cursed shore and just login hoping the event is active? there has to be some more elegant way to do this.

It's part of the Gates of Arah event right? http://gw2timer.com/ has it, check under their Orr temples tab.

It's part of the Gates of Arah event right? http://gw2timer.com/ has it, check under their Orr temples tab.

Just a note: that shows the event chain, how it goes, and where you need to be - but it does not track the *status* of the event. It is no longer possible to track the status of Temples due to megaservers, so you basically gotta pop into a map, see what's up, and then act accordingly.

I take it gw2nodes is pretty useless with megaservers huh?

Man, I need some ancient wood nodes

There's a spot in Malchor's Leap near the Risen Chicken event, that tends to have three or four. I just do a quick dash through Malchor's when I need Ancient Wood, going from east to west, following the road and hitting the nodes I see.

Awesome dungeon runs last couple of days. Running dungeons with GAF is so much more relaxed and fun, especially if we are on voice chat.

Last night finished CoF1, SE1 and HotW1.

I see myself doing lots of dungeons while I wait for Living Story Season 2 to start. 29 Days to go...booo!

Does anyone know if it is safe to use SweetFX in this game ?

I'd say it is. SweetFX gives you no advantage, and it doesn't edit values in memory. I've been using something like it (DarkD3) since launch, no problems - and many people on the GW2 forums have been using SweetFX since launch, no reports of bans. SweetFX is in theory, no different from Steam Overlay or Overwolf Overlay. And both those are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom