• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

New Blog Post:
Introducing the Story Journal

So, if I'm reading this right (and I like to think that I am), it sounds like all Living Story content will become permanent, and can be re-visited any time. Free if you log in during the event, $2.50 if you want to revisit it later.

So basically, Reddit was half-right; since all open world content can now be accessed any time, the only way that's going to work is via instances. But I can't imagine this will be player or guild-triggered, and will much more likely exist as scheduled events you can jump onto a mega-server to participate in. So, for example, you might be able to go back and do Marionette whenever you want, but it's not going to be an on-demand personal instance. At least I hope not, that seems like antithesis to the community-oriented content they've been working on for the last two years.

They're doing away with Meta-Achievements for the Living Story, which is a pretty good thing; one of my gripes with the Living Story is that the achievements were used to guide you to content, which made things feel very checklist-like in terms of what you should do next. Now, there's just going to be a green star and a journal page to direct you, and achievements unlock from there.

It sounds like with achievements and rewards being tied to the Journal, you can in theory go back to content which you missed and pick up some of the cosmetic rewards that otherwise would have been unobtainable. That alone makes the 200 gem fee worth it if you're trying to get a specific skin. Maybe you missed an episode of the Living Story and the reward was just perfect for your character; now you can kick some gems in and unlock it. Much more interesting than just having the festival come back every year and let you grind out tokens to get them.

I don't know how to feel about this Journal business. If the Chapters have Normal/Hard settings, it would make a bit more sense too.

I'm going to wait until Season 2 starts to form an opinion. I'm just having a hard time seeing the full implications of this system.

Proven

Is P/D mainly for Cond or is it viable for DPS builds? Or would S/P be better for DPS?

Thieves have too many combinations, making it so confusing.
S/P is high strait DPS. Pretty nice for PvE. S/D is usually better in pvp or wvw because S/P roots you and that is bad. In pvp, a rooted thief is a dead thief.
Yeah pistol/pistol is one weapon combo I'll use.

What about dagger/pistol or sword/dagger, not condi friendly?

D/P and s/d have little to no condition damage on them. S/d is nice because it does lots of direct damage, removes boons, shadow steps, dodges on 3, cripples, and has a stun/blind stealth attack. D/p has some poison on the 3rd autoattack but that's it. Nice set for stealthing but it has no aoe.

Shortbow, p/d, p/p, and d/d have bleeds and poison readily available.
Noisy Ninj4 covered most of it while I was away. To add: P/D isn't the best direct damage set. Far from it. But it scales well enough if you're critting often and already has bleeds on auto-attack.

From the DnT built guide linked, that's pure D/D backstab if I recall (the link isn't working for me right now). But all DnT builds completely ignore condition damage. At the end of the day, condition damage can give respectable PvE clear but will never be close to the most efficient. For pretty much every class, direct damage in melee range gives the highest possible DPS.

For once, I'm actually a little bit confused by what they mean with the open world stuff. Do they mean that when a Living Story update happens to an existing area, it will always be a new repeating boss like the Triple Wurm, or completely change the zone with new enemies and possibly some type of new token/currency like during the Toxic update with the Toxic Spores? As in, no other possibilities?

Also, I find the payment model for those that completely missed an episode to be interesting. Current players get free updates, but newer players will come in and play through the game while having missed most of the Living Story stuff. They'll get to level 80, and then all the post-game stuff they missed can be bought like an expansion pack.

At the end of the day, this is ANet again altering one of their previous design goals in order to please the community/potential customers. First with stuff like Ascended, then things like WvW ranks and PvP tracks. I don't know if I consider it a good or bad thing, especially when I know a lot of people will be happy about it.

Retro

I don't know how to feel about this Journal business. If the Chapters have Normal/Hard settings, it would make a bit more sense too.

You know, when they let you replay part of the Personal Story, it would be interesting if they added in something like Zaishen missions where every day they give you a new Personal Story chapter to do with a special difficult objective. I imagine they'll just have to strip out the decision-making portion of the story segments for the replay, probably easier said than done. It would be interesting if they provided the decisions you didn't make as 'alternative history' or something, so after you've beaten your Personal Story you could go back and see where the road might have led.

In the end, the Personal Story is probably my least favorite part of GW2. I've done it on one character and it's not something I particularly want to do again. I'd honestly be okay if they had to take a hatchet to it to make it function with the Living Story.

It is good that they'll be treating the game world as having advanced past the Personal Story though. No more running into NPC chatter about Zhaitan as a threat when he's been dead for a year now.

Semi-related: I bet they'll bundle and sell entire seasons of the Living Story on the gem store at a discount.

Lunar15

The journal is a good idea because it gives them freedom from having to dance around the personal story as they move forward with the living story.

They can now just outright talk about elements from the personal story such as Trahearne, the Pact, and what we learned from Arah after killing Zhaitan. Instead of being a side story, like Scarlet was, we can now actually progress the main story. It's a good change.

It also means that they have no fear about keeping people up to speed on what's happened in the Living Story so far. With both of these restrictions removed, there's a decent amount of hope for the writing in Season 2.

From the DnT built guide linked, that's pure D/D backstab if I recall (the link isn't working for me right now). But all DnT builds completely ignore condition damage. At the end of the day, condition damage can give respectable PvE clear but will never be close to the most efficient. For pretty much every class, direct damage in melee range gives the highest possible DPS.

Yerp. Glad they also consider other factors nowadays, mention group utility, c/c, etc.

They also stress other weapon sets, like s/p for cleave/trash goodness, shortbow for ranged/stealth stacks, and group cohesion, fractal utility, etc.

Quite a difference from how they approach other mmo's, where it's moar dps or gtfo.

Kind of a shame that until anet implements a solution for pve cond stacks, it will be considerably suboptimal. Thankfully the game aint balanced around bleeding edge, so if you wanna play like that, knock yourself out.

BraXzy

I wondered what this post was all about. Oh damn.

I didn't know Gmail had the option for two-step, I've just set it up. Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else :(

I haven't had a proper look at the Journal feature yet but from my skim read it sounds like a good addition, especially for people like me who join late to the party.

nataku

I hope they integrate these replayable missions into the lore somehow. Give people an explanation as to why we're able to go back in the past and play these events. Point us to the Asura gate that goes to the fractals or something when we click Play Mission instead of just warping us to the zone.

Retro

For once, I'm actually a little bit confused by what they mean with the open world stuff. Do they mean that when a Living Story update happens to an existing area, it will always be a new repeating boss like the Triple Wurm, or completely change the zone with new enemies and possibly some type of new token/currency like during the Toxic update with the Toxic Spores? As in, no other possibilities?

I'm not sure, but I think a good example would be the Nightmare Tower. It was hidden, then revealed, then entered, then destroyed. We can go to Kessex Hills now and see the ruined tower 'in real time', but the Journal would let you go back and see the tower when it was still standing and experience that chunk of content (I'm just using this as an example since Season 1 won't be available this way). In the same way that you can go do your Personal Story by heading out into the world to the little green star icon and then entering an instance, but (hopefully) instead it will be a mega-server that's basically frozen in time.

Not sure how currencies will work. I have to imagine it would let you get stuff like Toxic Spores as a drop, but there wouldn't be any kind of merchant to take them to, right? Very curious how this will work, but I'm not immediately put off by it. It has the potential to be really good, allowing us to revisit things we like when we want (imagine a weekly guild event to do the Marionette just for the hell of it).

Also, I find the payment model for those that completely missed an episode to be interesting. Current players get free updates, but newer players will come in and play through the game while having missed most of the Living Story stuff. They'll get to level 80, and then all the post-game stuff they missed can be bought like an expansion pack.

Not only that, but it sounds like you only buy the episodes you want. So you can pick and choose which rewards you want access to, or buy them at your own pace. Maybe you're in the mood for a big ass fight like Marionette; you can buy just that chunk of the Living story and play it. Maybe later you want something smaller like a temporary dungeon; you can buy just that. So it's sort of like the Living Story is a free expansion with a staggered release that you can then cherry-pick the parts you want to try if you missed them.

At the end of the day, this is ANet again altering one of their previous design goals in order to please the community/potential customers. First with stuff like Ascended, then things like WvW ranks and PvP tracks. I don't know if I consider it a good or bad thing, especially when I know a lot of people will be happy about it.

The vote is still out on how this goes. The worst possible way it could be handled is letting guilds or individuals create instances, as that's going to divide the community up and basically allow a lot of the nasty elitism that other MMOs foster to seep in ("Marionette starting, 10k AP required, link full ascended or gtfo"). The best possible way is that these new areas are mega-servers that are frozen in time and can be accessed by anyone anywhere.

I am pretty sure the only stuff that is going to be re-playable is the instances where the story beets happen. The open world stuff will still be temporary to show that the story is moving along.

I don't know how it is going to work but it is interesting.

This change does not change anything for me though because I play this game a lot and will continue to play the updates as they go live.

I like the fact that there will actually be a "log" for what we do in the Living Story so you can always go back and read it like a book to see what actually happened if you have forgotten.

It is pointless to speculate right now how it will work. We have to just wait till it is released. Unlike most people on the internet I have faith that ANET is not putting something in the game to ruin the game because they are smarter than that.

Yeah, until we see how the actual content is designed to utilize this system, we've only been given half of the puzzle. It's impossible to complete the full picture. We've been shown a UI paradigm, and that's literally it.

The story journal is pretty neat. Looking forward to when they get around to adding season one eventually. I only logged in once or twice during the Dragon Bash thing and during the attack on LA. Leveling my necro, I saw the remains of previous events and kind of wished I was around to see the events unfold.

Callunah

Neo Member
Yeah I just set that up as well.

Vyrance and Callunah both joined the stormbluffisle.com forum recently. Did you guys use same email/passwords for that site and GW2?

negative on the same email. The email i use in game was strictly for use with gw2. but that was compromised as well. Had paypal set up on my account, and was up til the wee hours of the morning changing passwords and payment options on many other sites that use paypal, some of which I had previously pending purchases. What a pain in the asuran. =(

BraXzy

I asked in the other thread but I'll ask here. Is the Journal feature retroactive? Can I access Season 1 stuff too?

And Miktar.. I'm guessing you have Mario Kart 8?

Zeroth

I asked in the other thread but I'll ask here. Is the Journal feature retroactive? Can I access Season 1 stuff too?

It doesn't seem so. It specifically says:

With that in mind, let’s go over how the Living World will work in Season 2.

Besides, there's no Season 1 tab on the journal pic.

Complistic

Just reading retro's post I thought everyone was forced to pay 250 gems to permanently unlock the story, and was slightly enraged. But reading the article it's clear that if you just log in during each piece of the living story you permanently unlock that piece forever. So I actually love this. Gives incentive to check the game out, however if you absolutely can not log in, or if you're taking a break, you can still experience everything for super cheap.

Sounds like a good plan.

Thorgal

Frustrating hitting that wall where everyone you fight hits like a truck and can take damage like one too.

Might be a bit extreme but perhaps it is better to make it a requirement to join the guild .

i just used Installed the authenticatior but is it normal that it is not asking me for a code when i start up the game ?

Maybe it doesn't since i have auto log in enabled ?

Zeroth

The vote is still out on how this goes. The worst possible way it could be handled is letting guilds or individuals create instances, as that's going to divide the community up and basically allow a lot of the nasty elitism that other MMOs foster to seep in ("Marionette starting, 10k AP required, link full ascended or gtfo"). The best possible way is that these new areas are mega-servers that are frozen in time and can be accessed by anyone anywhere.

Funny you mention that, there's a thread on Reddit about players trolling blitzes and people claiming that's why it should be limited to guilds/etc and not pugs.

Yup. Why do you ask?

i just used Installed the authenticatior but is it normal that it is not asking me for a code when i start up the game

The Google authenticator two-factor is triggered the same way the email-two factor is: when the next log-in attempt is coming from an IP or region very different from previous ones. So you might not see it until your ISP cycles your IP.

(I also use the mobile Google authenticator in GW2, and didn't get a code request until I switched to my new ADSL).

BraXzy

Not yet, but it could come down the line

aCv7q0G.png

Thanks guys. At least I know. Hopefully it does get added because it would be great doing the stuff from the first season. I guess I need to make sure I'm active during this season then huh. I'll give it to Anet, they constantly give incentives to keep coming back and stay active.

Retro

I am pretty sure the only stuff that is going to be re-playable is the instances where the story beets happen. The open world stuff will still be temporary to show that the story is moving along.

That's not what it sounds like;

Open world content additions to Living World updates will permanently expand or change the world of Tyria and will tie to the theme and story of the episode. This means you can play the open world content and the story content (if you’ve unlocked that episode) anytime you want, on every character you ever make on your account! You’re no longer limited to completing the episode during its two-week release window. This means that going forward, all of the content and all of the rewards for Living World will be permanent.

They specifically mention open-world content. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it works.

i just used Installed the authenticatior but is it normal that it is not asking me for a code when i start up the game ?

Maybe it doesn't since i have auto log in enabled ?

If I recall correctly, the authenticator won't ask you for a code unless you attempt to log in from an IP that is different from one you've given access to. I know when I was visiting my brother once it sent me an e-mail and demanded I enter a code to access my account from his PC.

Thorgal

If I recall correctly, the authenticator won't ask you for a code unless you attempt to log in from an IP that is different from one you've given access to. I know when I was visiting my brother once it sent me an e-mail and demanded I enter a code to access my account from his PC.

Ah. so basically business as usual on this PC .

Now i am using Keepass + authenticator .

I should be relatively safe now .

Retro

Funny you mention that, there's a thread on Reddit about players trolling blitzes and people claiming that's why it should be limited to guilds/etc and not pugs.

It's a double-edged sword. On one hand, you don't really want to give players the tools to segregate themselves from each other, because then you end up with an MMO where everybody hides in their own private copy of things and won't let anyone else come in (which is not an MMO at all then, at that point).

On the other, that sort of first-come-first-serve all-inclusive approach means occasionally you get a bad apple who just wants to ruin it for everybody. A big part of that is the encounter design; the Boss Blitz is best done by carefully getting 6 bosses down to a sliver of health and then finishing them off, and that sort of mechanic is just ripe for deliberate trolling. I can't think of any way to prevent it either, as there's no way to stop someone from just going to the weakest boss and pushing them over. It's also hard to tell who's trolling on purpose and who doesn't know the strategy, came late, doesn't read map chat, etc.

I dunno. It's one of those things where you just have to accept that some people are assholes. If we put up all sorts of barriers to keep people we don't want in, eventually we end up just not letting anyone in, and we've met some really cool people just by accident.

Moondrop

Banned
At the end of the day, this is ANet again altering one of their previous design goals in order to please the community/potential customers. First with stuff like Ascended, then things like WvW ranks and PvP tracks.
Agreed, but I've decided to stop caring. The original vision is long gone but the game we're left with is pretty damn fun. I'll just keep playing WvW and hope one day I'll be worthy of Radiant armor.

Morokh

I hope they integrate these replayable missions into the lore somehow. Give people an explanation as to why we're able to go back in the past and play these events. Point us to the Asura gate that goes to the fractals or something when we click Play Mission instead of just warping us to the zone.

Yay, i'm not alone *highfive* :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
haha just as a bit more evidence that no solution will ever please everyone, I don't really like this new approach at all :p the journal is a great idea to consolidate all the story stuff into chapters. and it is nice to acknowledge living story steps taking place after the personal story. I didn't mind meta achievements, but wasn't attached to them either, so that's a neutral change to me. but I had no problem at all with the open world aspects of all this being temporary... it made sense. players being unable to do living world content until level 80 is a huge step back, and I more or less hate the idea of gems being tied to replaying content- the fact that it's a permanent account unlock saves it from being indefensible. Furthermore, the biggest advantage this new system could offer to a either a loyal-from-launch player like me or a brand new player- replaying the best bits of season 1- won't even be available (possibly ever, it's something they "hope to do in the future").

Oh well. I understand this was all pursued primarily due to popular demand, and while I wish they had ignored popular demand and instead just incorporated a couple of these changes to optimize the UI, I'm sure it will still be fun.

I don't think there's much reason to expect anything from the writing. Altering the UI mechanically to accommodate the storytelling style and chronology will make it easier to follow but it won't improve the quality of the writing itself at all.
Yeah, until we see how the actual content is designed to utilize this system, we've only been given half of the puzzle. It's impossible to complete the full picture. We've been shown a UI paradigm, and that's literally it.
A very good point of course. An example would have been lovely.
negative on the same email. The email i use in game was strictly for use with gw2. but that was compromised as well. Had paypal set up on my account, and was up til the wee hours of the morning changing passwords and payment options on many other sites that use paypal, some of which I had previously pending purchases. What a pain in the asuran. =(
Man that blows :'( I hope you weren't the victim of any other fraud besides your gw2 account...

Two-factor authentication all around!

Arcteryx

haha just as a bit more evidence that no solution will ever please everyone, I don't really like this new approach at all :p the journal is a great idea to consolidate all the story stuff into chapters. and it is nice to acknowledge living story steps taking place after the personal story. I didn't mind meta achievements, but wasn't attached to them either, so that's a neutral change to me. but I had no problem at all with the open world aspects of all this being temporary... it made sense. players being unable to do living world content until level 80 is a huge step back, and I more or less hate the idea of gems being tied to replaying content- the fact that it's a permanent account unlock saves it from being indefensible. Furthermore, the biggest advantage this new system could offer to a either a loyal-from-launch player like me or a brand new player- replaying the best bits of season 1- won't even be available (possibly ever, it's something they "hope to do in the future").

Oh well. I understand this was all pursued primarily due to popular demand, and while I wish they had ignored popular demand and instead just incorporated a couple of these changes to optimize the UI, I'm sure it will still be fun.

I don't think there's much reason to expect anything from the writing. Altering the UI mechanically to accommodate the storytelling style and chronology will make it easier to follow but it won't improve the quality of the writing itself at all.

A very good point of course. An example would have been lovely.

Man that blows :'( I hope you weren't the victim of any other fraud besides your gw2 account...

Two-factor authentication all around!

Yep, I'm pretty miffed that LS stuff will be gated now(not that it's hard to reach 80, but still). At the same time, I'm a little hesitant that they might go down the road of "passes" for LS seasons(ie: no "free" LS) and completely ignore any hope of an expansion. The idea itself isn't off-putting, but the implementation(at least what we know so far) is.

As for how they'll handle open-world vs instanced LS content: who knows. From what I read it sounds like there will be only certain open-world LS related stuff going forward and that all of it would be permanent(ie: stuff like 3-headed wurm), while the rest of the LS stuff would be purely instanced(ie: very similar to personal story missions). We already had quite a few instanced LS events, but I hope it's the exception rather than the norm(I'd hate to see the gameplay shift towards being more isolationist).

spiritfox

Yep, I'm pretty miffed that LS stuff will be gated now(not that it's hard to reach 80, but still). At the same time, I'm a little hesitant that they might go down the road of "passes" for LS seasons(ie: no "free" LS) and completely ignore any hope of an expansion. The idea itself isn't off-putting, but the implementation(at least what we know so far) is.

As for how they'll handle open-world vs instanced LS content: who knows. From what I read it sounds like there will be only certain open-world LS related stuff going forward and that all of it would be permanent(ie: stuff like 3-headed wurm), while the rest of the LS stuff would be purely instanced(ie: very similar to personal story missions). We already had quite a few instanced LS events, but I hope it's the exception rather than the norm(I'd hate to see the gameplay shift towards being more isolationist).

Hopefully the instances are something more like the Queen's Pavilion, for example, where it's not limited to a party of 5 but something more. Of course, this brings with it it's own problems, but more people should make it more interesting.

Retro

players being unable to do living world content until level 80 is a huge step back

I believe the Level 80 requirement only applies if you're doing Living Story content from the journal; when it's actually live, I imagine the game will continue to upscale you to 80. In fact, that's probably why they have the level requirement on doing past Story chapters; with the levels standardized, there's never going to be weird points where you're Level 20, then Level 40, then Level 80, then Level 20 again. It's consistent.

Thorgal

Actually i have another question regarding The authenticator .

What do you do if you lose your celphone / gets stolen and/ or broken and therefore not being able to get the code ?

Complistic

and I more or less hate the idea of gems being tied to replaying content

To unlock an episode and have it added to your story Journal, you simply need to log in to the game during the two-week period that the release is live to be given permanent, free access to the storyline of that episode.

The gem thing is ONLY for people who didn't play log-in during it's free period.

Retro

Actually i have another question regarding The authenticator .

What do you do if you lose your celphone / gets stolenand/ or broken and therefore not being able to get the code ?

I dunno how e-mail authentication works, but I believe Google gives you a dozen one-time-use codes you can use to overwrite the authenticator in a situation like that. I imagine customer service can also solve the problem. Chances are good if your cellphone is stolen or broken, the guy who has it isn't going to also have your GW2 login / password too. In fact, if somebody stole my cellphone, my Guild Wars 2 account is pretty low on the list of my concerns.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I believe the Level 80 requirement only applies if you're doing Living Story content from the journal; when it's actually live, I imagine the game will continue to upscale you to 80. In fact, that's probably why they have the level requirement on doing past Story chapters; with the levels standardized, there's never going to be weird points where you're Level 20, then Level 40, then Level 80, then Level 20 again. It's consistent.
This isn't made clear. Piecing together what is spelled out in the post:
To unlock an episode and have it added to your story Journal, you simply need to log in to the game during the two-week period that the release is live
Characters under level 80 will be able to see the available episodes, but will not be able to play them until they reach level 80. Think of the Living World story as the constantly expanding continuation of your character’s storyline once they reach level 80.
it would actually be something of a contradiction if it worked as you described. I hope you're right though.
The gem thing is ONLY for people who didn't play log-in during it's free period.
I wasn't specific enough, but that's what I meant by replaying. For new players who start or people who were away the older content that you missed will be available, but require gems to access. This will be the first instance of gems having anything whatsoever to do with playable content since launch.

It's acceptable merely because it's a permanent account-wide unlock. It's like buying DLC missions essentially.

Thorgal

I dunno how e-mail authentication works, but I believe Google gives you a dozen one-time-use codes you can use to overwrite the authenticator in a situation like that. I imagine customer service can also solve the problem. Chances are good if your cellphone is stolen or broken, the guy who has it isn't going to also have your GW2 login / password too. In fact, if somebody stole my cellphone, my Guild Wars 2 account is pretty low on the list of my concerns.

Well i did find this on the GW2 site :
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27626157-Mobile-Authentication

What should I do if I lose or want to unlink the mobile device linked to my account?

You can unlink the authenticator at any time by logging in to Account Management and proceeding to the Security section. Please note that to log in while two-factor authentication is configured on your account, you will need to have access to your mobile device. If you want to unlink your authenticator but no longer have access to your mobile device, please submit a request to our Support Team for further assistance.

Shiokazu

^ The artist really needs to learn to flip their drawing while working on it. That right arm....

uhum... that too.

i need to talk to peck, i dont feel that he likes what is happening to the story, the bad feels are making me see everything in bad colors.

after some thinking all i can say is that, i loved the real time gradual changes and the real time events that went unfolding, i never cared if they were zergie designed and all that, in truth they were the reason i improved my gameplay...

other than that, i dont know, i really dont know, im afraid of those changes, like, really scared.

Ceres

Banned
May miss wvw reset/Saturday stuff again. Depends on some personal stuff going on. Dungeon stuff on hold for a bit.

spiritfox

Speaking of dungeons, does anyone want to run Aetherpath for the achievements during the weekend? Someone familiar with the dungeon would be great.

uhum... that too.

i need to talk to peck, i dont feel that he likes what is happening to the story, the bad feels are making me see everything in bad colors.

after some thinking all i can say is that, i loved the real time gradual changes and the real time events that went unfolding, i never cared if they were zergie designed and all that, in truth they were the reason i improved my gameplay...

other than that, i dont know, i really dont know, im afraid of those changes, like, really scared.

no need to say anything to peck about this if he isn't willing to share more info. we all have to wait and see how it will actually work when it is implemented.

Shiokazu

no need to say anything to peck about this if he isn't willing to share more info. we all have to wait and see how it will actually work when it is implemented.

no, its not about the stuff itself. i want to know if he likes those changes or they are being made just to please the majority. he doesnt needs to like the changes, he might even be against it....

nevermind me, im just too found of the great moments we had with the old way story was going on. im just afraid of the new.

Ashodin

OK so the Journal thing. I think it's amazing. Being able to replay events means they can go hogwild with the encounters/types of gameplay because you can experience it over and over again if you wish.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
D/P and s/d have little to no condition damage on them. S/d is nice because it does lots of direct damage, removes boons, shadow steps, dodges on 3, cripples, and has a stun/blind stealth attack. D/p has some poison on the 3rd autoattack but that's it. Nice set for stealthing but it has no aoe.

Shortbow, p/d, p/p, and d/d have bleeds and poison readily available.

a'ight then, looks like I'll stick to those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom