• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

So, these skill point challenges. How come they don't always offer them? Are they on a timer? How do I know I can go and do the challenge?

Taffer

Also want Charr to be suspicious of Revlock's super convenient new magic he just happened to find in the mists while he was on a job. #Discord2015

Retro

So, these skill point challenges. How come they don't always offer them? Are they on a timer? How do I know I can go and do the challenge?

You should be able to do all of them, but they're disabled until you reach Level 13.

No, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

Unicorn

You should be able to do all of them, but they're disabled until you reach Level 13.

No, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

I'm sure I did some before I was 13, but I'm 14 now and there's this ice wurm cave for the norn's area. Some dude at the bottom with a mead wagon. I talk to him and there's no way to start the challenge.

I'm sure I did some before I was 13, but I'm 14 now and there's this ice wurm cave for the norn's area. Some dude at the bottom with a mead wagon. I talk to him and there's no way to start the challenge.

I think he gives you an item you use to get the skill point.

The skill points aren't always fights.

Retro

Makeup Missions starting in about 10 minutes, gonna start forming groups early so we start on time, I feel so bad about last night getting started 20 minutes after.

It wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't waited on the guild ahead of us, with too much time to wait and too little to go do something else.

Retro

Makeups are over! Other than a short stumble on the Crystal Challenge (We left east too early, I think) and a couple people getting locked out of Langmar due to a bug, that went pretty smoothly. Sunday missions are so much more relaxed, I think we need to start treating them not only as a convenience for folks who can't make it to the Saturday night mission but as the best way to teach missions to newer players.

Once again, everyone is so damn helpful, volunteering even when they have comms to lend a hand and help folks get through. It really needs to be said again how insanely friendly and cool everyone is in this guild. You guys rock.

Can't wait until guild halls roll out, they're sure to add new guild missions.

Yeah, one of the things most people aren't super excited about but definitely has my attention is how they mentioned guild halls and guild support. I'm hoping they give us a bunch of new missions.

Jira

With the way they talk about guilds in HoT, I get the impression there's going to be a lot of stuff for us to do. That we're not going to only be doing guild stuff on the weekends because there may be a lot of stuff we might be able to trigger as small 5 man groups. We may be running guild content every day of the week. I think they're going to have stuff where you can do guild progress from 1-100 people, that there will be a wide range of content for many different group sizes.

Unicorn

So, uh, can I not do PvP until level 22? I was under the impression I could do it as soon as I was done with tutorial things, but the thing in the top left of my screen is grayed out until 22
LLShC.gif

spiritfox

So, uh, can I not do PvP until level 22? I was under the impression I could do it as soon as I was done with tutorial things, but the thing in the top left of my screen is grayed out until 22
LLShC.gif

You can get into the PvP lobby before that through the gates at Lion's Arch.

Thorgal

had chillingsworth with us today on his first GAFractal run so we kept it at lvl 9 and completed it with zero wipes . Congrats chill !

Was as smooth as a run could be : ascalon , ice elemental , Reactor and molten duo as finale .

We had a picture together but Wolf being camera shy threw himself off the platform :p

taken at 3200 x 1800 p

Bonus shot of the chamber of the six i took earlier this morning :

Tech-Wolf

We had a picture together but Wolf being camera shy threw himself off the platform :p

I was testing something...., at first I though that red flame in the purple mist was me. It would have been cool to capture me suiciding in the far background like that but alas, Haha

Ashodin

With the way they talk about guilds in HoT, I get the impression there's going to be a lot of stuff for us to do. That we're not going to only be doing guild stuff on the weekends because there may be a lot of stuff we might be able to trigger as small 5 man groups. We may be running guild content every day of the week. I think they're going to have stuff where you can do guild progress from 1-100 people, that there will be a wide range of content for many different group sizes.
Guild collections. Do it anet

In my continuing efforts to get some alone time with the more pivotal members of the GAFractal friends, I got Levyne into Arah P2 this afternoon to see how well we could manage just the two of us.

Our playstyles share some similarities (a full Berserker approach, using practiced weapon blocks and dodges to mitigate damage), so it's interesting to see just how the other handles each challenge. Duo dungeons are a good chance to compare notes and make observations on why we do things the way we do.

Here's our Lupi kill, and hopefully it's not the last. Co-op mode dungeons are the best dungeons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc7FW2A9Jos

Levyne

Banned
In my continuing efforts to get some alone time with the more pivotal members of the GAFractal friends, I got Levyne into Arah P2 this afternoon to see how well we could manage just the two of us.

Our playstyles share some similarities (a full Berserker approach, using practiced weapon blocks and dodges to mitigate damage), so it's interesting to see just how the other handles each challenge. Duo dungeons are a good chance to compare notes and make observations on why we do things the way we do.

Here's our Lupi kill, and hopefully it's not the last. Co-op mode dungeons are the best dungeons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc7FW2A9Jos

Was fun. I made the one mistake, had the signet ready but got cute and thought I wouldn't need it.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Hai guys, prospect-player here. I got some store-credit that's about to expire and I've been browsing the catalog a bit, and nothing of my usual gaming tastes came up. I noticed Guild Wars 2, and I remembered playing the first one back in the day. Before I toss in my credit and buy this, I'd like to know two things; is it casual friendly (I only have about 8 hours per week free time) and is it sensible to jump in at this point or will I be overwhelmed by high level players leaving no room for a young aspiring adventurer such as myself?

Xanathus

Hai guys, prospect-player here. I got some store-credit that's about to expire and I've been browsing the catalog a bit, and nothing of my usual gaming tastes came up. I noticed Guild Wars 2, and I remembered playing the first one back in the day. Before I toss in my credit and buy this, I'd like to know two things; is it casual friendly (I only have about 8 hours per week free time) and is it sensible to jump in at this point or will I be overwhelmed by high level players leaving no room for a young aspiring adventurer such as myself?

I started playing last weekend and have reached max level within a week. The game is SUPER casual friendly because there is a plethora of activities you can do to level up and advance, to the point that you can choose whatever you want to do. Do quests, kill world bosses, go through dungeons, you can even hit 80 without killing a single enemy with crafting because everything gives XP and everything scales to your level (or rather you scale downwards).

The only annoying thing is that there's these daily quests which kinda make you feel like you need to play everyday but that's an OCD thing of mine.

Morokh

It is super casual friendly.

Even at max level you won't be spending your time catching-up with other players like in other MMO's.

Retro

The daily quests (which aren't really quests at all, but achievements) are all fairly simple, like "Chop down 4 trees in this region" or "Kill this world boss" (which is usually easy, they're on a preset schedule so there's sitting around waiting for a random respawn timer).

Those are actually the new dailies anyways, the rewards from the old ones you get just by logging in now.

Minamu

There's a downleveling system that keeps every zone challenging for all players, regardless of level, so you won't ever feel overwhelmed by other players. come on in and play :D Just like in GW1, one's level doesn't really mean much at all usually.

One of the great things about this game is that past a certain point the game scales more off *you*, your skill and knowledge of the game, rather than how much time and money you've dumped into your character's stats etc. You still need to reach max level and properly gear your character but the vertical progression is relatively limited compared to other MMOs.

SNOW DAY!

working from home day

I'm assuming we're in the same storm... snow up to my flippin knees and the university refuses to close. Seriously. Every school in a 200km (maybe more, probably not UofT though) radius is closed but NOT US! They didn't even shovel the sidewalks next to the bus stop. Buncha dicks they are.

I'm assuming we're in the same storm... snow up to my flippin knees and the university refuses to close. Seriously. Every school in a 200km (maybe more, probably not UofT though) radius is closed but NOT US! They didn't even shovel the sidewalks next to the bus stop. Buncha dicks they are.

Yeah, I am by the lake so we got even more snow according to new stations, still snowing. Wife usually walks to work (10 min), drove her because sidewalks are full of snow.

What uni is still open. McMaster in Hamilton and Sheridan College in Oakville closed for day classes at least.

Yeah, I am by the lake so we got even more snow according to new stations, still snowing. Wife usually walks to work (10 min), drove her because sidewalks are full of snow.

What uni is still open. McMaster in Hamilton and Sheridan College in Oakville closed for day classes at least.

Uhhh I don't wanna outright say where I live on a public forum but I'll give ya a hint, we have a Google office a stone's throw away and we make STEM grads like it's nobody's business :p

Uhhh I don't wanna outright say where I live on a public forum but I'll give ya a hint, we have a Google office a stone's throw away and we make STEM grads like it's nobody's business :p

No idea.

In Toronto we got 3 main unis, uoft, ryerson and york. Unless there is new ones now.

Minamu

It's snowy here too, but only about -4 degrees celsius. I went out for a bicycle ride an hour and a half ago for a plate of kebab for breakfast (it's 4pm lol) xD

My brother is getting into this game. I bought it for him when it was on sale over the holidays. He's not a gaffer but, he's a pretty big MMO guy. Is there any chance of him getting an invite to the guild?

hythloday

Might sound incredibly weird , but i wished it snowed up to my knees here , Had not any this year yet :/

Doesn't sound weird to me. In my area we either have snowy and stormy winters, or boring winters with practically no snow at all. This one has been a no snow winter so far. I am just eager for spring now.

Cathcart

Man, my snow turned into rain overnight. So I'm at work not helping Trahearne with his personal story.

Thanks for the guild missions yesterday, was fun. Go team gas chamber.

Thorgal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom