• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Ugh FA drop down to tier 3, what a bunch of load. Ah well probably going to be do a lot of silly things with The Legion of Charrs this week, like the naked/semi-naked night we did a bit last night.:p We went to SBI BL JP too, and I got into the cat room again, but very easy this time thanks to Elixir B + Super Speed + Rocket Boots. Engi is so OP!

2015-01-30_00006_zpsec83d1e7.jpg

2015-01-30_00008_zpsd2273550.jpg

Man my engi looks kind of hot.:p

Ashodin

Yes I only meant me. Hastily made messages from airports!

Also, I think it should be

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| They belong to the Dragon now

Shiokazu

OT 5 could be something very dramatic.

because we're on the edge of the nightmare, maybe we should name it Fear not this Night.

i have some serious toughs on it and, for the sylvari i can only see the true nightmare for their race if going to begin.

people will lose trust, they will probably going to be banished from many cities, they will be subjugated by everyone because of what morderoth is going to do with some of them, situation will only get worse as time goes on because the older sylvari will try to defend themselves, the new ones might grow a heavy feeling towards the other races, they might be dragon minion but not the ones of the pale tree. not everyone can think and have empathy towards them.

just you wait. the sylvari will pay the price alone this time.

Is Berserker's still the optimal choice for PvE? From what I've read avoidance is so strong that it's always better to go for the most damage possible instead of investing in stuff that can be invalidated just by dodging or using skills that nullify damage entirely.

Quenk

Is Berserker's still the optimal choice for PvE? From what I've read avoidance is so strong that it's always better to go for the most damage possible instead of investing in stuff that can be invalidated just by dodging or using skills that nullify damage entirely.

For the most part, I think it is. Though from what I heard, some classes have mix of Berserker's and other things (like Assassin's) but that's when you min/max.

Jira

That depends entirely on what you're doing and just how good you are at not getting hit by anything.

you can't do damage if you're dead and a lot of people suck at dodging

For the most part, I think it is. Though from what I heard, some classes have mix of Berserker's and other things (like Assassin's) but that's when you min/max.

That depends entirely on what you're doing and just how good you are at not getting hit by anything.

you can't do damage if you're dead and a lot of people suck at dodging

Right now I have full Berserker's armor (just need one more weapon from CoF to complete everything). Dodging isn't so much of an issue for me except for when I have to dodge 10 enemies on my ass after my entire team has died while defending that one area in CoF path 3.

Is there more varied stat use in WvW builds?

spiritfox

Right now I have full Berserker's armor (just need one more weapon from CoF to complete everything). Dodging isn't so much of an issue for me except for when I have to dodge 10 enemies on my ass after my entire team has died while defending that one area in CoF path 3.

Yes, condition and support builds are viable and good in PvP and WvW.

Ashodin

I use zealots in PVE cuz healing while you deal out the damage is fun

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Norn Necromancer is a sign of exceptional taste and general majesty. A strong decision.
I regret having a human at all

sorry to miss missions, babysitting my sister's kids all weekend. gonna miss makeups too, we are going to see the Lion King play. I hear it's good :)

Levyne

Banned
I run zerker and have for a long while since that's how I want to play, but some of my favorite dungeon friends are a pvt guard, a healy guard, a condi necro (yeah) and a warrior that I think ran clerics and now something vitality related I think. I even met someone running a knight-geared might stacking charr warrior.

But then again, some of my other favorites are a zerker war and a zerker ele. But not everyone has to be zerker. That would be boring.

Edit: Also a celestial engi, a pvt ele, and a zerker (I think) mesmer. All sorts.

Retro

Thanks to everyone for coming out for Saturday Night Missions. We rolled some particularly crappy ones tonight (Karka Rush, Save our Supplies) but Bounty and Puzzle went well except for a few people getting left behind thanks to the [BOR] Guild starting the elevator before all of us had caught up.

Makeups are tomorrow at 3PM, for those who couldn't make it tonight or didn't feel like doing the Karka Rush (I don't blame you).

Maybe some news on Tuesday if we're lucky? I feel like they need to start getting these blog posts out soon to strike while the iron is hot.

Guild wars 2 OT 5: You Don't Make Friends With Salad.

OT5: I was going to make a bad salad joke, but now I don't feel like it.

These are my favorites so far, though they might be a tad long.

Wallach

I regret having a human at all

sorry to miss missions, babysitting my sister's kids all weekend. gonna miss makeups too, we are going to see the Lion King play. I hear it's good :)

Humans are okay. The race tier list in this game pretty much goes from tallest to shortest. One thing this game needs to steal from SWTOR is a /punt emote.

Varix and I are the Karka Rush champs. Week after week.

Best taste in armor and the fastest crabs in the guild.

I hope that it was a good thing, and at the same time I hope I wasn't a push over.

I definitely feel better for future runs and think I picked up some good tricks, especially on the Ancient Ooze near the start. The run started out a little rough, but no one can expect Arah to go perfectly on a path people haven't done before or, in my case, had only done once several months previously. We got better as we went on, and Lupi turned out pretty interesting after our wall attempt fell apart. He was quick to shadowstep out before everyone was in position.

On that I need to give a shout-out to my boy Moondrop for hanging with me for a partial Warrior duo.

Levyne

Banned
What's the best way to increase skills? Trying to do weapon craft, but it is such a money sink buying odds and ends mats

Skills? You just want to increase the crafting professions? The absolute fastest way would be to follow gw2crafts.net, which will calculate the cheapest way for you. And always make sure to use a crafting booster if you can.

Moondrop

Banned
On that I need to give a shout-out to my boy Moondrop for hanging with me for a partial Warrior duo.
And no disrespect was meant to the group by continuing, I just knew that since Ike solos Lupi multiple times per day, victory was assured with a cleric at his side.

Recent testing notes:

Runes of the Privateer summon a parrot on hit. When underwater, the parrot materializes and promptly drowns. When traveling across the surface of the water, however, you get strange effects such as the parrot engaging a surface-bound enemy (an ability unavailable to player characters), then drowning if victorious. More curious water surface mechanics.

But overall I am quite dissatisfied with both my dire trapper and nomad dual pet roaming ranger build experiments. They just can't bring the pressure. I'm not ready to accept a life of bearbow, so my ranger is essentially shelved until druid or I come up with a new theorycrafting concept.

Flame turret gives turret engi a smoke screen which self-combos into stealth- except the smoke field requires a hostile target. It would be much more useful if you could call the field on demand like healing turret. Relatedly, sentinel turret engi feels like the most OP build I currently run and I've hardly scratched the surface of implementing engi tricks like this.

leng jai

Varix and I are the Karka Rush champs. Week after week.

Best taste in armor and the fastest crabs in the guild.

I definitely feel better for future runs and think I picked up some good tricks, especially on the Ancient Ooze near the start. The run started out a little rough, but no one can expect Arah to go perfectly on a path people haven't done before or, in my case, had only done once several months previously. We got better as we went on, and Lupi turned out pretty interesting after our wall attempt fell apart. He was quick to shadowstep out before everyone was in position.

Don't both your mains just use human T3 heavy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom