• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

So, we're past 19,000 and creeping up pretty quickly on 19,500. At 20k, it's time for OT5.

The process, at least as far as the moderators have told me, is that around 19,000 posts I speak up and mention I will be doing the OT, so we can avoid any... um... "shenanigans" like what happened with the OT2.

So, I'm doing that. I imagine we'll have to come up with a clever title, I like to avoid in-jokes and memes that non-GW2 players or even non-guild members won't get. Some community threads are insular to the point that I feel some people are almost afraid to post for fear of getting attacked for being new. I feel like community threads (at least on gaming side) should be more about providing a resource for new players and to create a space where they feel welcome and can ask questions. In-jokes kinda kill that.

Otherwise, let's hear em. So far I like "OT5 - Welcome to the Jungle", but we'll see.

Off topic, but Massively shutting down sucks. I visited that site daily. It was my number one site for MMO news.

Agreed. MMORPG is a cesspool, MMO Champion is pretty much 90% WoW (and they're a known vector for keyloggers since the WotLK days). Everything else is garbage tier.

As Zed mentioned on Reddit, it's getting to be really concerning how companies are basically outsourcing journalism to Reddit and Twitter where the fans do all of the work for free.

Jira

Semtix.5136 on Stormbluff Isle. Just starting out (level 15) and know very little. Looking for a guild invite and anyone who wants to party up and play through the game.

Someone shot you an invite. Hit G, click our guild on the left, then click Represent at the bottom.

Vinci

Danish
It feels early for "Welcome to the Jungle", given we don't know when the expansion will actually arrive - though I do feel the OT should be reset in time for it and titled that way.

"Welcome to the ... Wait" perhaps? I mean, I think everyone is waiting for HoT.

Retro

It feels early for "Welcome to the Jungle", given we don't know when the expansion will actually arrive - though I do feel the OT should be reset in time for it and titled that way.

"Welcome to the ... Wait" perhaps? I mean, I think everyone is waiting for HoT.

Well, we know HoT will be in the jungle, and threads tend to last us about 8 months so we'll be on OT5 when it drops, making the reference relevant.

Okay so I made a necromancer and I'm actually really liking this so far

Made one of the Norse people (norn?) And I like the area and the class a lot

This is what I should have done in the first place! Always thought it would be necro but I was afraid that I wouldn't like it and my fall back would be gone

but this class is cool

ZenaxPure

Off topic, but Massively shutting down sucks. I visited that site daily. It was my number one site for MMO news.

Pretty much, it and WoW Insider has been 2 of my most visited sites for a long time. I hope they get something else going because I don't feel like there are any other quality mmo sites out there in the same vein. Lot of sites focus strictly on news which isn't what I really visited those sites for, I mean, Massively was still my go to place for non-WoW MMO news but it wasn't what I really liked about the place. Like I was reading the latest Chaos Theory yesterday and all I could think about was where the heck am I going to read entertaining TSW articles when this site is gone :(

Wallach

Okay so I made a necromancer and I'm actually really liking this so far

Made one of the Norse people (norn?) And I like the area and the class a lot

This is what I should have done in the first place! Always thought it would be necro but I was afraid that I wouldn't like it and my fall back would be gone

but this class is cool

Norn Necromancer is a sign of exceptional taste and general majesty. A strong decision.

You suckers are stuck in T3 with me for a week.

Uav9YtG.jpg

HAHAHAH

Again, sorry about music, but I had to catch the mumble audio

"we're so good"

stop apologizing, what are you canadian or something ugh

EDIT: I watched this a few times because it's funny but god damn listening to your own voice is like nails on a chalkboard, or maybe it's just me

Kamaki

Are guilds server dependant? I actually have no idea how servers work inn this game since the Mega Servers came into play. I've mostly played by myself and was wondering if I may be admitted to the GAF Guild for some group play. Kamaki.7812 if it's possible.
I've had the game since launch and my dream is to one day hit lvl cap.

Thorgal

Guilds are global across all servers so you can join from everywhere .

HOWEVER , if you are on a Non NA server you cannot play with us , only chat due to being on a different data center .

If you are on a NA server you can play with us no problem .
Most of the guild is on Stormbluff isle server but since the Megaservers got added , you can join the rest of the guild in play regardless of which NA server you are .

The only thing excluded from that is WVW since that is server dependent .

but regardless of all that , if you want in ,someone will sent you an invite soon as they see your post .

hythloday

Are guilds server dependant? I actually have no idea how servers work inn this game since the Mega Servers came into play. I've mostly played by myself and was wondering if I may be admitted to the GAF Guild for some group play. Kamaki.7812 if it's possible.
I've had the game since launch and my dream is to one day hit lvl cap.

Invited you, welcome to the guild!

So, just hit 80 for first time after having this game for 2 years, but never really playing it (oops.) Really enjoying it, so far. Now to gear up my Mesmer.

If anyone could invite me to the GAF guild (buch.4017), that'd be great, thanks :D.

Cathcart

Wish I had Lev's video from my perspective. Cast swordsman, heal, cast another swordsman, about to teleport in to fight, party gone. Bye bye, party.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| So I walk on vines, I'm a Mordrem man

Thorgal

GW2 ot 5 : You finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell !

Sadly too long for a title

So, just hit 80 for first time after having this game for 2 years, but never really playing it (oops.) Really enjoying it, so far. Now to gear up my Mesmer.

If anyone could invite me to the GAF guild (buch.4017), that'd be great, thanks :D.

Invite sent. Push G to open the Guild Panel, Accept, and Represent.

Retro

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| A Jungle with more bad puns than the Disney Cruise.
Guild Wars 2 |OT5| Check out any time you like, but you can never leaf.
Guild Wars 2 |OT5| Leaves of three, play for free, Leaves of four, play some more.

Yeah, I got nothin'.

nataku

Welcome to the Jungle fits about as well as anything. We're not going to be on OT6 by the time HoT comes out, so the timing is just about right for it.

Achtius

In the human personal story, when we were fighitng Kellach, why was Queen Jennah cowering at the corner. I thought she was a powerful mesmer. Jennah pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom