• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd PC |OT| Get down to 4k rock!

TheRed

It's intentional, Arcsys didn't want to change the typography to add both keyboard and controller prompts so they just did switching. It's like that for Blazblue too.

You can change the prompts in training mode to the attack prompts though.

Arcsys probably did that for the local players who used both a pad and keyboard.

But they still should've made space to add both.

You can change it to only using P, K, S, HS, D instead.

Oh dang, okay thanks guess I'll change it to the attack prompts.

Messiah

So what's the deal with all of the "titles" you can give yourself being in Japanese?

They included the titles from the japanese and the english version in this release. It's just some fluff you can set up to personalize your player card.

Anony

9DBD7AAA8458904E968374B00712163632A95E9B

think i got it working, but still doing that red edge aliasing

-turn off forceAnisoLevel

Created a XRD Steam Group for GAF, while I do some stuff to update the OT OP.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GuiltyGaf

Check it out, could be a good resource to get matches if it gets some members.

Sweet! Joined up.

Might not have time tonight for some fights, but I'm down to spar with fellow GAFfers after work tomorrow. Add me on Steam if you guys want.

shes got the best eyes

creeeepy gafffff

vocab

hrap3 doesn't work, and the binding shit is so fucking bad. Fuck off.

Instantly refunded till they fix that.

Edit: oh stick randomly works. But man that binding.

Ahh, man. I forgot how much fun May is as a character. There's a lot of stuff about Xrd as a game that bugs me, but damn if playing her doesn't make up for it.

1 frame grabs still bug the shit out of me though.

Gambit61

GGS Tornado (May) if you're here. damn lobby booted me out in the middle of a match. I didn't know May was so tricky lol.

Oh, were you that Potemkin player? Yeah, ggs. I haven't really played in a year so I'm just going off of online scrub memory. I used to actually have a lot of matchup writeups on May vs. Potemkin but a lost them.

The player matches are really funky atm. Netcode is good but it seems like every time someone leaves or enters a room everything falls apart.

The memory leak/performance issue is super annoying. I got into the game once and started training mode, but had to close it to help a friend. Every boot of the game after that instantly put it in the memory leak mode, even just on the intro/main menu. I tried plugging the stick in again, but it didn't seem to do anything. I guess I'm stuck with a digital paperweight until they fix this, as it happens before I can even load anything.

Primus

I can get GeDoSaTo to work if I force a resolution of 1280x720 via presentWidth/presentHeight. If I try to make that 1920x1080 (my actual desktop resolution), GGXrd crashes with a D9D3D.dll error.

Am I doing something wrong here?

EDIT: I'm using the settings file from upthread, just changing the presentWidth/Height values around.

Agh, man. SFV beta and Xrd releasing at the same time. I don't know what to play. I keep going back and forth. >_> I got dolphin fever all over again.

rec0ded1

listening to the soundtrack and snooping through .inis to make this thing launch on my secondary monitor by default is making me feel like my 90s teenage self

Naite

2nd night of online a bit worse for me. Finding player rooms has been harder, especially since most of them were private. Was playing a couple matches against a Potemkin player but after a third person entered the hud would completely bug out as soon as their match was over and I had no way of joining.

Hopefully it's fixed soon, but I'm going to play some Bloodborne and EDF until then.

Hopefully they fix the player match problems soon. It's straight up goofy right now. Everyone in the room simultaneously leaving but not really after every match, half the time everyone's positions in the room get reset, there are apparently people playing in room E despite the rooms only going up to D, people's characters not actually being said character. It's legitimately strange.

On the plus side, presumably since everyone is actually wired this time around, the netcode feels a lot better. That was one of the reasons I dropped the PS3 version, so that's encouraging.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Man, getting a bad frame rate and sometimes even a flashing background whenever I start a fight. Is this a symptom of memory leak? Weird that this game doesn't want to work yet I can run plenty of other stuff far that will push my video card harder no problem.

Clawww

Hopefully they fix the player match problems soon. It's straight up goofy right now. Everyone in the room simultaneously leaving but not really after every match, half the time everyone's positions in the room get reset, there are apparently people playing in room E despite the rooms only going up to D, people's characters not actually being said character. It's legitimately strange.

On the plus side, presumably since everyone is actually wired this time around, the netcode feels a lot better. That was one of the reasons I dropped the PS3 version, so that's encouraging.

the netcode's was totally solid for me based on playing a few hours in a 2 person lobby vs a friend.

Shane

Thanks to this thread I got downsamping working to some extent. However, once in a match there's red outlining on everything and it looks pants. Must be missing a step somewhere. For reference, I don't see any red lines in the menu screen.

As for the game itself, the animation and design is great. I'm not into anime any more but the characters - bar the typical boobs pandering - are really well drawn. Favourite character so far is the lunatic doctor with the paper bag on his head.

Only time I've used colour palette swaps too. The woman with the guitar looks way better with an Indian skintone and pink outfit.

Wrapped up practice mode and now doing the challenges before Arcade.

FLD

So, I was hoping one of you guys could clarify something for me. Is Revelator a sequel or just an update to Sign? Like, is it like going from Continuum Shift to Chronophantasma or is it more like going from Continuum Shift to Continuum Shift Extend?

I tried looking it up but I can't seem to find any definitive answer. From what I understand, it comes with new story content, which (I think?) would qualify it as a full sequel. But it's coming out like, what, roughly a year after Sign? That seems kind of fast, which makes me think update. So which is it?!

Seyavesh

So, I was hoping one of you guys could clarify something for me. Is Revelator a sequel or just an update to Sign? Like, is it like going from Continuum Shift to Chronophantasma or is it more like going from Continuum Shift to Continuum Shift Extend?

I tried looking it up but I can't seem to find any definitive answer. From what I understand, it comes with new story content, which (I think?) would qualify it as a full sequel. But it's coming out like, what, roughly a year after Sign? That seems kind of fast, which makes me think update. So which is it?!
it's a fighting game revision type deal so the answer is pretty inbetween- think a sf4->super sf4 kinda thing.
the content will roughly be mostly similar with some differences but overall it's an iteration on an existing product with more budget/development than a simple balance patch or singular character addition

K.Sabot

The console version will have a continuation of the story that was started in XRD though.

Story's worth a watch imo, at least to see the cool stuff they do with their engine.

Chev

it's a fighting game revision type deal so the answer is pretty inbetween- think a sf4->super sf4 kinda thing.
the content will roughly be mostly similar with some differences but overall it's an iteration on an existing product with more budget/development than a simple balance patch or singular character addition
There's the next story mode and engine changes so it's clearly Continuum Shift to Chronophantasma.

NEO0MJ

Keep getting this error message (0x00000001) after it finishes verifying data. Have yet to actually start the game!

Is the PC version the most up to date patch from the console versions?

Console versions in Europe are still stuck on 1.0 but I'm assuming the PC version is 1.1 worldwide?

Messiah

Funny thing about the "fullscreen" bug. I tried gedosato and could get the game running fullscreen at my shitty 1360x768 resolution. After disabling it, the game now actually goes to fullscreen (but the resolution is wrong, it keeps 1280x720) where before it would simply crash/go minimized

Mephala

I feel kind of ripped off buying the PS4 EU version. I'd gladly trade for this. Even a discount or something. But to give them $ after the mess they have with PS4 EU feels wrong. I can't support this. Even if GG is one of my favourite fighters.

maouvin

So happy I don't have to grind money to unlock Sin again.

And about GeDoSaTo: I did the things people listed (and that Nocturno999 linked, except for the Aniso since it generated that red lines) yesterday and when pressing + I'd get the report that the game is being downsampled. Today it says "not downsampling", but if I alt+enter back to window mode the game is way zoomed up, so it's definetely running at a higher res.
Any reason why gedosato says it's "not downsampling" then?

Seeing these delicious sharp screens made me wish I waited with buying the game on the ps4. I have hardly played it there :(. The Aliasing bothered me a bit on the ps4.

Sayad

I feel kind of ripped off buying the PS4 EU version. I'd gladly trade for this. Even a discount or something. But to give them $ after the mess they have with PS4 EU feels wrong. I can't support this. Even if GG is one of my favourite fighters.
They still haven't updated the EU version?! 0_o

Dinjoralo

So happy I don't have to grind money to unlock Sin again.

And about GeDoSaTo: I did the things people listed (and that Nocturno999 linked, except for the Aniso since it generated that red lines) yesterday and when pressing + I'd get the report that the game is being downsampled. Today it says "not downsampling", but if I alt+enter back to window mode the game is way zoomed up, so it's definetely running at a higher res.
Any reason why gedosato says it's "not downsampling" then?

Is gedosato running in the background? It has to be running, and for some reason the ticker box to start with windows doesn't work, at least for me.
Also, if you start the game without gedosato running in the background, you have to set the resolution in-game again when you re-enable it.

Gambit61

Oh, were you that Potemkin player? Yeah, ggs. I haven't really played in a year so I'm just going off of online scrub memory. I used to actually have a lot of matchup writeups on May vs. Potemkin but a lost them.

The player matches are really funky atm. Netcode is good but it seems like every time someone leaves or enters a room everything falls apart.

Yep, I was playing Potemkin. That was the first actual set of matches I was able to get online so far. I usually find no games/lobbies or I get booted out before a match even starts. Hope they can fix these issues cause the netcode when everything works is still really solid.

ViviOggi

They still haven't updated the EU version?! 0_o
Nope, it's ridiculous. But of course they keep promoting that joke version in sales all the time.

I was even half-expecting them to find a way of fucking over EU customers on Steam somehow (beyond the usual $=€ shenanigans). Thankfully they did well with the PC version, once they've fixed the UI graphics and lobbies it'll be pretty much perfect.

Top Bottom