• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Moraizen

Less than 5 hours to go for Europe (digital release). I know we are last once again but I can't help but be amazed at how quickly this one got released haha

No 8 month wait for us this time :D

Sayad

I'm on fiber too, got manageable connection with some people in on French server back in SIGN early days. We can try now if you want, Slaythe.

Edzi

Are there any character write-ups out there yet? I want something that covers Raven specific details, like how his Excitement meter works, his plan of attack, and some BnBs would be nice too.

ShinMaruku

Ramlethal just tickles my DOA fancy. She's so good .
tumblr_ng2e9tS3kD1s0fo0zo2_500.gif

Impulsor

Probably one of the better ones to get into so the conventions of other fighting games don't impede you, since this has good variety in character sytles I think it would be easier to go from this to other fighting games.

Awesome to hear!

Can't wait to try this out!

Unknown?

This game is out of stock on Amazon(being sold third party now) and GameStop still doesn't have any in the entire U.S. but I heard they will tomorrow so I have my fingers crossed!

Is it common for lobbies to crash or do I just have bad luck? I've had the game lock up a few times at the end of matches now, which looks bad but even worse interrupts everyone else's game I think?

Rutger

Banned
so is it worth buying if i already have Xrd, or just wait for a sale?

Well, that depends. Did you like how Xrd played? Do you want to be up to date with new characters and system mechanic changes? Do you want to play people online? Most are going to transfer over to Revelator for netplay. Do you want more of the story?

If those things sound appealing to you, then yes.

Baust

Looking for some general tips on playing Jam.

I really like her play style, but I feel like I'm struggling to "win" rounds with her online.

I get really close to winning rounds almost every time, though. Should I put a lot of focus into stocking up her moves?

Can you unlock colors in-game? If so, are they the same as the ones on the PSN store or separate?

You can unlock 1-17 in game, that's all the ones from the first one including the christmas and Tron/PS+ colors.

The packs on the store are at least partially different as i don't see any of those shadow and gold colors in game? The eclipse colors aren't in game either.

How do you unlock the in-game colors?

You can fish them up or you just unlock them outright in the gallery with in game currency. The Tron colors you get by finishing episode/arcade mode with a character.

Zissou

You can unlock 1-17 in game, that's all the ones from the first one including the christmas and Tron/PS+ colors.

The packs on the store are at least partially different as i don't see any of those shadow and gold colors in game? The eclipse colors aren't in game either.

You can fish them up or you just unlock them outright in the gallery with in game currency. The Tron colors you get by finishing episode/arcade mode with a character.

Some of them you unlock from fishing and you unlock the PSN ones by doing the characters episodes.

Thanks to you both for the quick responses!

maks

Has Aksys clarified or dropped any further hints as to what the additional bonus is for NA customers? At best i was thinking they may give us English va. Im still on the fence and will make my mind up before the free dlc period is over. Hopefully i still qualify if i buy that late

Pompadour

So is there a trophy guide out for this game? Everything seems self explanatory but there's a few like "Get the 'Brand of War's badge" I'm having issues with.

Clipse

Has Aksys clarified or dropped any further hints as to what the additional bonus is for NA customers? At best i was thinking they may give us English va. Im still on the fence and will make my mind up before the free dlc period is over. Hopefully i still qualify if i buy that late
Why not grab the DLC now off the PS Store? You don't need the game to access it.

Korigama

Why not grab the DLC now off the PS Store? You don't need the game to access it.
Should be possible for PS4 or the online version of the store, but last I checked, it's still not available on the PS3 one (more of an inconvenience at this point, since the DLC is cross-buy).

kewlmyc

This might sound absurd, but I only really play Guilty Gear Xrd for the cinematic story. I know it's only half finished right now. How long did it take the 2nd part to release in Japan after the initial release?

This might sound absurd, but I only really play Guilty Gear Xrd for the cinematic story. I know it's only half finished right now. How long did it take the 2nd part to release in Japan after the initial release?

The whole thing is out now. Second half got added around the time of the NA launch.

SephLuis

The 2nd part is already out. They managed to put the patch in even before the game launched.

Really digging this game. The tutorial is really fleshed out. Roman cancels are easier to perform than I thought. Going to hit the lab for a day or 2 then hit up online.

SephLuis

Really digging this game. The tutorial is really fleshed out. Roman cancels are easier to perform than I thought. Going to hit the lab for a day or 2 then hit up online.

If you are beginning with the genre or the series, I would recommend you going to the mission mode because it's where they explain all the other mechanics not covered in the tutorial.

If you are beginning with the genre or the series, I would recommend you going to the mission mode because it's where they explain all the other mechanics not covered in the tutorial.
Yeah brand new although I've been watching Mikado footage for over a year. Going through the mission stuff right now, very helpful.

ShinMaruku

There is nothing absurd for only playing for the story. It's one of the better fighting game stories.

I play online mostly but the story is really good in this.

In terms of actual single player modes there's not much but the story just scratches that itch imo.

Too bad fighters don't have stuff like Soul Calibur 3's single player modes anymore. I remember playing through the RPG/tactics mode back then which was a lot of fun.

Top Bottom