• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

ShinMaruku

Previous GGs were also great for pushing the story when they had a side scrolling sub mode they broke off into a sperate game, I wish they would return to that...

Previous GGs were also great for pushing the story when they had a side scrolling sub mode they broke off into a sperate game, I wish they would return to that...
I think it was only Guilty Gear Isuka and Judgment that did that, both spin-offs.

It would be cool to see in a mainland Guilty Gear with Daisuke involvement tho.

Impulsor

This might sound absurd, but I only really play Guilty Gear Xrd for the cinematic story. I know it's only half finished right now. How long did it take the 2nd part to release in Japan after the initial release?

The story in revelator is not finished? Will we get a free DLC with the second half f the story or something?

Korigama

Displeased with so many actually preferring that terrible overhaul specifically, but it seems most were more reasonable than I or they were willing to be and could go either way.

The exact three whom I didn't want to be made to choose only one between for the new poll...so, I said screw it and took the easy way out with the last answer.
Expecting a mountain of salt to prevail, so will be pleasantly surprised if proven wrong.

Slaythe

The story in revelator is not finished? Will we get a free DLC with the second half f the story or something?

We already did get it.

The latest patch adds 2.5 hours of story and concludes the Revelator chapter.

We don't know if more will come but it's "complete" atm.

EU brothers, you better get this game. Tired of fighting 0 bars.

Spuck-uk

Banned
We already did get it.

The latest patch adds 2.5 hours of story and concludes the Revelator chapter.

We don't know if more will come but it's "complete" atm.

EU brothers, you better get this game. Tired of fighting 0 bars.

Add me on PSN, Euro-bro. Spuck-uk

Slaythe

Added you !

I like how Paris is the capital for EU GG apparently.

Virtually nobody in other countries lobbies but all condensed into the France one.

Zerojul

Sorry if that's been asked before guys but my Japanese copy is on its way to Paris (yes, again) now and I wonder if I'll be able to buy DLC on euro psn or if I will have to buy Japanese psn credit and buy them from Japanese psn exclusively.

Slaythe

Sorry if that's been asked before guys but my Japanese copy is on its way to Paris (yes, again) now and I wonder if I'll be able to buy DLC on euro psn or if I will have to buy Japanese psn credit and buy them from Japanese psn exclusively.

You have to buy them from japanese PSN.

I'm gonna MP you a loophole though so that you don't have to buy jap cards.

Hutchie

Just got my uk copy from gamestop. No dlc whatsoever. Absolutely abysmal communication from arc/pqube as to where we can obtain dlc aside from psn or limited edition. Ridiculous

Slaythe

Just got my uk copy from gamestop. No dlc whatsoever. Absolutely abysmal communication from arc/pqube as to where we can obtain dlc aside from psn or limited edition. Ridiculous

629.gif

TUFCfan

Neo Member
Is anybody else having issues with Raven on the UK/EU version? I bought him from the PS Store but he's not showing up in the game. Had no problems with Kum, but it just shows the locked padlock on the selection screen where I presume Raven is meant to be. Am I missing something or has it glitched for me?

miku

Displeased with so many actually preferring that terrible overhaul specifically, but it seems most were more reasonable than I or they were willing to be and could go either way.

The exact three whom I didn't want to be made to choose only one between for the new poll...so, I said screw it and took the easy way out with the last answer.
Expecting a mountain of salt to prevail, so will be pleasantly surprised if proven wrong.

Ah, the problem for having too many waifus smh

You have to buy them from japanese PSN.

I'm gonna MP you a loophole though so that you don't have to buy jap cards.

Please share this new tech!

I'm liking Haehyun. Seems pretty strong even at a basic level. I was afraid i wouldn't be able to do the links she has instead of chains, but it seems alright so far.

The matchup tutorials are so nice! I wish every fighting game had those. Kinda wish there were like fifteen per character instead of two.

So uh, you can't invite people to your lobby, is that right? You only get that code to pass along and then they can search for it.. ?

Slaythe

I'm liking Haehyun. Seems pretty strong even at a basic level. I was afraid i wouldn't be able to do the links she has instead of chains, but it seems alright so far.

The matchup tutorials are so nice! I wish every fighting game had those. Kinda wish there were like fifteen per character instead of two.

So uh, you can't invite people to your lobby, is that right? You only get that code to pass along and then they can search for it.. ?

You can invite on ps3 and ps4 users can go fuck themselves. Annoying they did not fix this from SIGN.

Niitris

Pink Elphelt is best.

Hoping my order makes it to the mail by Friday night, don't wanna wait till Monday.

Mupod

amazon.ca is getting worse and worse for arbitrarily holding back shipments. Mine still hasn't shipped. May just go with Best Buy for my E3 preorders this year.

amazon.ca is getting worse and worse for arbitrarily holding back shipments. Mine still hasn't shipped. May just go with Best Buy for my E3 preorders this year.

contact a CSR. That's what I did anyway the last time they were holding back games on me and I didn't feel like waiting. Also wrong thread. Also let's be real the best buy offer is garbage, who are you kidding about pre-ordering anything from them?

Seyob

You can invite on ps3 and ps4 users can go fuck themselves. Annoying they did not fix this from SIGN.
The one thing that annoys me a lot in the new lobby system is that everyone keeps creating private lobbies. This makes meeting new players somewhat difficult. I personally feel like the -SIGN- system was vastly superior from that perspective

The one thing that annoys me a lot in the new lobby system is that everyone keeps creating private lobbies. This makes meeting new players somewhat difficult. I personally feel like the -SIGN- system was vastly superior from that perspective

I really like the Blazblue/Persona system. Don't have those people playing in private lobbies stand around for nothing in the main one.

Blazblue had proper invites on PS4 too, weird that this doesn't.

brinstar

so did that rumor of even more DLC characters past Dizzy ever pan out? Cause the character select screen only has on more locked icon. :0

Asd202

so did that rumor of even more DLC characters past Dizzy ever pan out? Cause the character select screen only has on more locked icon. :0

Well Dizzy is confirmed so it makes sense for it to be an additional slot it doesn't rule out other DLC characters in the future but I personally doubt it.

Pookmunki

Picked my EU copy today, will be online at some point tonight / over the weekend, please feel to add me for a few bouts!

Psn: Pookmunki

wuth

Can anyone clarify how the legacy controllers work? I have a madcatz te stick and a wireless tekken stick. they both seem to register, but only as second player. How do I use them as my primary controller?

RoeBear

Can anyone clarify how the legacy controllers work? I have a madcatz te stick and a wireless tekken stick. they both seem to register, but only as second player. How do I use them as my primary controller?
As long as you press start on the first screen it will be your main controller.

Anyone want to body me? Psn Roe-Bear.

kewlmyc

The whole thing is out now. Second half got added around the time of the NA launch.

The 2nd part is already out. They managed to put the patch in even before the game launched.

Cool, thanks.

you're not alone

There is nothing absurd for only playing for the story. It's one of the better fighting game stories.

Glad I'm not the only one. I do the same with all Arcsys fighters.

Amani

Been slowly going through the story, finally watched the rest of it last night. If you'll allow me to fanboy for a moment...

DAT FUCKING SLAYER/GABRIEL TAG TEAM ATTACK YOOOOOOOOO!
And the rest of my thoughts:

I'm glad the story this time around gave all the other characters some good development (Pots didn't do much, but the limiters coming off made up for it). I wasn't expecting Ariels to turn into Kefka/Junko though. Not sure how I feel about that choice, but if she didn't have that personality to contrast with her generic "reset the world" shtick, I probably wouldn't have liked her at all. She was a fun villian; maybe not compelling or new, but fun, which is fine for a fighting game story.

Now not to fanboy too much, but if ArcSys wanted to, y'know, maybe add Gabriel and maybe add Ariels and maybe add Bakien and Zappapleasegodplease, I don't think anyone would object.

And lol at the one singular Izuna reference.

brinstar

Glad I'm not the only one. I do the same with all Arcsys fighters.

Haha yeah, same. I fell out of Blazblue though I wanna go back for the newest one. But I've been invested in the GG world since the original, always loved the characters, lore and worldbuilding in this series and it's so amazing to see it coming to life fully with Xrd.

Top Bottom