• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

JTCx

Jack-O is officially my most hated character in this game now. She basically has everything covered with no apparent weaknesses. Also nullifying projectiles too just because? Like why play Venom when i can just use her and put shit on the screen.

god tier confirmed.

salt post

Zetta

Jack-O is officially my most hated character in this game now. She basically has everything covered with no apparent weaknesses. Also nullifying projectiles too just because? Like why play Venom when i can just use her and put shit on the screen.

god tier confirmed.

salt post

Fighting against her is a pain in the ass but she is one of the best things about this game when it comes to the story.

Astarte

Keep replaying episode mode, it gives about 5100W$ each run on beginner, I usually just instant kill everyone or practice combos if it misses lol

And not everyone could complete those trials like you oneida ;_;

I like trials. It's like small pieces of a puzzle that you put together and when it all works out pachameme.jpg

What an interesting (and kinda boring) grand finals. Unfamiliarity with even a basic Raven ruined MarlinPie :[

god tier confirmed.

salt post

time for axl

ShinMaruku

Jack-o is a great management character. I love her so. She and Elphelt make me complete. :E
eb5f6cb967afaa9ffab978c55f6dc40a.jpg\

Rhapsody

Banned
So many people online in netplay hate Jack-O from those that I played. lol

She definitely requires a different approach on playing the matchup. People need to understand more about how houses receive damage, stagger pressure on her, and finding the right balance between destroying the houses yet not worrying about them. Lots of people also don't realize that Jack-O's DP isn't throw invul on startup, make throw mixups pretty good after blockstrings. Zest is also one of those moves people need to learn how to punish (especially if you don't want to have netplay Jack-O's ruin your day).

3H is legit godlike though

I really do think she's one of those problem characters. Not S tier or anything, but she can feel like a gatekeeper for some characters, imo.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
it took me literal hours to get Sol's final trial, then i did Raven's in a few minutes. sooooo easy.
4 characters down!

Sayad

Only completed Millia's and I-No's, I love trying the trails but hate the memorizing part, so I stick to characters I already know. Sol, Ky, and Jack-o are next on my list.

oneida

Only completed Millia's and I-No's, I love trying the trails but hate the memorizing part, so I stick to characters I already know. Sol, Ky, and Jack-o are next on my list.
Ky's aren't so bad, but i really think Sol's last one is very hard.

For Millia, is there a trick with the mash S attack? for the first advanced combo I'm supposed to combo into it but it always seems to hit late (even when it does combo)

For Millia, is there a trick with the mash S attack? for the first advanced combo I'm supposed to combo into it but it always seems to hit late (even when it does combo)

Have you watched the demo for it? See if you can follow the button presses on display and figure out the timing from there

Essay

1) It should just be the first hit of 5H cancelled into 2D
2) Dial in the gattling as fast and early as possible, i.e. 5H~2D
3) You have until the end of 2D's natural special-cancel window to input five S's... Happy mashing!

Item #2 is the real key to it all.

I ended up running through Ramlethal's trials last night after work and had a blast. Was surprised to see that they actually drive home comboing into her 4K ender in the corner, enabling her ambiguous crossup oki. Desire to sub... rising.

Overall, Arcsys really did a good job on squeezing useful points into these trials.

oneida

Have you watched the demo for it? See if you can follow the button presses on display and figure out the timing from there
yeah typically the way i approach these trials is I'll fiddle with it for a few minutes myself to try and figure out how these moves are supposed to combo, then I'll reference the demonstrations as a last resort. i spent a little time with P4A when that came out, even played it at my local fight night, but otherwise GG feels like my first honest foray into anime fighters. the process of discovering how things work has been lots of fun!
3) You have until the end of 2D's natural special-cancel window to input five S's... Happy mashing!

I ended up running through Ramlethal's trials last night after work and had a blast. Was surprised to see that they actually drive home comboing into her 4K ender in the corner, enabling her ambiguous crossup oki. Desire to sub... rising.

Overall, Arcsys really did a good job on squeezing useful points into these trials.
maybe I'll map the unused button on my VSHG to S and i can do some pseudo-pianoing... :) thanks for the tips!

Nuszka

Ok , so currently to play online for example a player match i have to search for theroom, Uk player here , so i go to the french lobby, almost everyone is playing a "player match" when i search for a room all i get is zero bar connection ones. Is there no matchmaking in casual games. Not sure if i understand the whole lobby system here.
edit: watched some vids in regards to the issue think i get it now, best way to play online is to create a room and invite folk.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Ok , so currently to play online for example a player match i have to search for theroom, Uk player here , so i go to the french lobby, almost everyone is playing a "player match" when i search for a room all i get is zero bar connection ones. Is there no matchmaking in casual games. Not sure if i understand the whole lobby system here.
edit: watched some vids in regards to the issue think i get it now, best way to play online is to create a room and invite folk.

Theres actually been a lot of chat in the UK GG community about playing in the lobbys more, as currently everyone is hunkered down in rooms with friends all the time.

Seyob

Theres actually been a lot of chat in the UK GG community about playing in the lobbys more, as currently everyone is hunkered down in rooms with friends all the time.
Public rooms are probably the best of both worlds. Lobby games are really underwhelming given how long they take to launch coupled to the lack of spectating mode IMHO.

Nuszka

Public rooms are probably the best of both worlds. Lobby games are really underwhelming given how long they take to launch coupled to the lack of spectating mode IMHO.

There is not many of them , or maybe the room searching system is bugged , as sometimes i would only get one room in result screen , other times 8 of them , and thats within a view minutes of searching.

Sayad

That or you could just start with a corner side dust to get all the time in the world to mash dat S while they're stuck to the wall. :D

Millia's last trail is really fun, but I don't want to see grab, f.S, Emerald Rain ever again. :(

I havent tried it, but cant you just do 214S instead of SSSSS

Seyob

There is not many of them , or maybe the room searching system is bugged , as sometimes i would only get one room in result screen , other times 8 of them , and thats within a view minutes of searching.
The search system is a bit dodgy indeed. But in Europe you usually have a few public rooms running at the same time in the evening for now. Open one and you'll see it fill up quickly as everyone is in the same situation.

oneida

got it yesterday, thanks guys :) knowing that the game was specifically looking for 5xS (like SFIV Honda hands) helped a lot.

vg260

Anyone got tips for Leo's Advanced combo 10 trial? I tried forever last night and can't get it. Best I've done was missing the very last move, and can't figure out where I'm too fast or slow. It's only gotta be a couple frames off somewhere. I could have replayed arcade mode enough times to get the 20K W$ I was trying to get with how long I tried.

oneida

Anyone got tips for Leo's Advanced combo 10 trial? I tried forever last night and can't get it. Best I've done was missing the very last move, and can't figure out where I'm too fast or slow. It's only gotta be a couple frames off somewhere. I could have replayed arcade mode enough times to get the 20K W$ I was trying to get with how long I tried.
could you remind me what the combo is? I finished his and can probably help!

Essay

Off the top of my head, S, HS, charge up+H. RC, D, F+HS (hold), S, QCB+S, K, S, jc K, QCF+HS.

I'm sure I forget something in it.

If I'm thinking of the same one, the trick was to delay the cancel into qcb+S, which lets the opponent rise up higher so that the link at the end is easier.

EDIT: Or if it was the one that ended in H.Upper, you've got to dial in the c.S-2H (?) gattling as fast as possible so you can start buffering charge early, and then special cancel late, at the last cancelable frames, or you won't have enough time to get the DP.

vg260

If I'm thinking of the same one, the trick was to delay the cancel into qcb+S, which lets the opponent rise up higher so that the link at the end is easier.

EDIT: Or if it was the one that ended in H.Upper, you've got to dial in the c.S-2H (?) gattling as fast as possible so you can start buffering charge early, and then special cancel late, at the last cancelable frames, or you won't have enough time to get the DP.

My bad, it was #9:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkVgpNY16Iw&t=4m45s

Kuksune

I played a bit online in the UK lobby and it was really fun! Found a guy or girl that was in sort of the same skill level as me. He or she even taught me some basic tech that i've missed completly. Playing Potemkin against Kum was suprisingly fun.

On another note, I like Shin's idea of having Gaf-rooms on the weekends.

vg260

what part of the combo are you dropping the most? it's worth noting that jumping D isn't meant to hit, but rather to drop leo to the ground.

Yeah, I got that part, I think. I try to do it asap and cancel asap. Everything up to the stance change is as fast as you can do it while still catching him as early as possible with the stance change button hold, right? I think the timing is off somewhere after the stance change, like say maybe canceling between moves. I'll try delaying the followup hits a bit more, but I'm really not sure. I did realize I wasn't fully into the stance change initially, where I wasted a bunch of time.

oneida

Yeah, I got that part, I think. I try to do it asap and cancel asap. Everything up to the stance change is as fast as you can do it while still catching him as early as possible with the stance change button hold, right? I think the timing is off somewhere after the stance change, like say maybe canceling between moves. I'll try delaying the followup hits a bit more, but I'm really not sure. I did realize I wasn't fully into the stance change initially, where I wasted a bunch of time.
the Roman cancel is early, but try delaying the 6H a moment to catch him lower.

Top Bottom