• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

What makes it so tough for her if I may ask?

She doesn't have any real strong tools in neutral. Her swords went from mindless screen control to collapsing if you make her block.

That doesn't make her bad though, she's kind of in the same spot as Potemkin and Slayer. They struggle in neutral and have some hopeless matchups, but they all have situations that are EXTREMELY favorable to them and/or the tools to outplay their opponents if they have the read.

So yeah Ram can't really fight most of the cast midscreen that well, but if she can get the hit she still can convert pretty easily into corner carry, and the corner is where she becomes a GOD lol.

If you really want to play her though Kakkou is the player to follow. He's probably the best Ram player we know about atm

Hubb

Can somebody sum up the announcement ? I'm on mobile. All of them pls.

Rebalance patch today, dizzy tomorrow, rebalance patch in the fall. They said something else but the graphics fucked up and I couldn't make out what they were saying. It may have been "more to come".

Vic_Bast

I'm thinking about getting this game on PSN. Is it easy to find south american players to play with (brazilian Gaffer here)?
Sorry if this has been asked before.

Naite

Vocal Xrd songs are now available as bgm. And you can choose Elphelt's Xrd Sign costume. All obtained from fishing.

Amani

WE IN THAR BOYZ! AWE OF SHE 'ER DAY!

giphy.gif

Codiox

Just got the game yesterday, only played street fighter before. So far I'm really liking it. Really different fighting game. Some questions:

Are there some unlockable characters? Or only dlc?
Any tips for a newbie?

ArjanN

Rebalance patch today, dizzy tomorrow, rebalance patch in the fall. They said something else but the graphics fucked up and I couldn't make out what they were saying. It may have been "more to come".

I think there was a supposed to be another video when the black screen came up, I just rewatched it and still couldn't hear a damn thing he said. I think he said something about youtube and the crowd booed, so I'm guessing it was something along the lines of well, we'll just put it on youtube.

yella

Putting Sin's changes through Google translate, it looks like a lot of his moves got a damage nerf. Looks like Johnny got a few damage nerfs too...

gunstarhero

Gawd - someone post the grand finals already. I missed them >_<

Anyone show up with Kum? I didn't see anyone using him in top 32 thru 8.

Awesome news about Dizzy btw!

yella

they basically removed bacchus

Yup ;_; Setups for him will be even harder now.

How bad was Sin hit? He really needed a damage nerf...

EDIT: Yeah he got nerfed substansially... but it was needed. The amount of damage he could achieve for relatively simple combos was insane..

Dlent

Still no fully translated patch notes? :-(

How can your character win Evo and you don't expect to take a hit? lol

It's not like Zato was nerfed much after last EVO or this EVO. Sin needed it more IMO, but there is precedent for keeping a character top tier.

Top Bottom