• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Slaythe

Ky got some buff !!

Split Ciel stuns longer. 3h allows for easier cancels, including stun edge yrc follow up.
Buff to js' hit box vertically too.

Meanwhile, looking at sin and Johnny changes...

mHM3DMk.gif

they basically removed bacchus

It's still unblockable, just it staggers if you trigger the bacchus unblockable while the opponent is in blockstun. So no more guaranteed setups for it.

Not sure how I feel about that change, especially for a level 3 MF, but it is what it is. One way to balance YRC Bacchus I suppose

yella

It's still unblockable, just it staggers if you trigger the bacchus unblockable while the opponent is in blockstun. So no more guaranteed setups for it.

Not sure how I feel about that change, especially for a level 3 MF, but it is what it is.

Setups will still be viable, but you'll need meter for a RC if you want to maximise damage. A well-timed 6K in the corner can work well too...

Azure J

I didn't really get good enough to feel these changes to my characters (Johnny/Elphelt), how are others feeling about them?

Moraizen

Speaking of PQube and European GG DLC antics, for those who don't know or care, the DLC for Xrd that was missing for a lifetime finally decided to show up for sale on the Store a few weeks ago, not sure if the game was patched as well because I got mine from the US Store, but it makes sense to assume that it was.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who is responsible for the release of said DLC? I assume PQube are not behind it and the game was presumed to be completely abandoned by now, so who was the white knight who solved the Xrd situation in Europe?

Also, god bless PQube. I'm glad I took the leap of faith with the EU version this time, you folks have been doing a terrific job so far :^)

Slaythe

Speaking of PQube and European GG DLC antics, for those who don't know or care, the DLC for Xrd that was missing for a lifetime finally decided to show up for sale on the Store a few weeks ago, not sure if the game was patched as well because I got mine from the US Store, but it makes sense to assume that it was.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who is responsible for the release of said DLC? I assume PQube are not behind it and the game was presumed to be completely abandoned by now, so who was the white knight who solved the Xrd situation in Europe?

Also, god bless PQube. I'm glad I took the leap of faith with the EU version this time, you folks have been doing a terrific job so far :^)

Pqube isn't actually doing anything though.

All they do is push Japan to handle EU the right way.

So the people that make the EU patches for sign and rev are the same persons.

I'm assuming if what you say is true, that Arcsys simply has a better pipeline for EU legislations and regulations, so since it's easier for them, they did sign and rev at the same time.

OVDRobo

https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/754965813560504320

Dizzy free for the first week in Europe too. Available tomorrow.

Thanks PQube!

Alright. I take back all the shit I've flung at PQube over the years. They got off to a rocky start as a publisher with some of those Blazblue releases but they've really pulled it together nowadays and are starting to become a strong publisher of niche Japanese games in EU.

Hopefully, if they keep up this level of performance I'll never have to consider importing the US version of an Arc System Works games for reasons other than 'it's not being released in EU' again.

Sayad

FD...throw...if Jam is good now this is definitely no proof
Having an infinite gatling that isn't a true block string isn't OP, being able to cancel it into a safe low route at any point to counter throw attempts and forcing someone to use meter to push you out or settle for their risc gauge getting blasted sure is a very strong tool though.

Hubb

Did they give a specific time for when Dizzy releases?

The slide they showed said 2016.07.18 (PST). My only guess for the PST is to say that she wouldn't be out when the JPN store updates on the 18th, but when the NA store does? I don't know, I have no clue what it means but I assume she'll be up around 3-5 PM EST.

Rutger

Banned
I've never been the best at reading patch notes, but Faust got buffed?

Where is mini pot? ;__;

Mini Pot will never return because one day ABA will be back and Faust wants to be nice to her.

Oh god, I've just realized how bad Jack-O is going to be for ABA. D:

Nuszka

Just tried her for a bit , amazing , quality of here animations taunts, very happy:)
In this day and age getting stuff like that for free is very rare.

I got "Heavy Day" from fishing, so I checked the shop and all of the story/trailer songs are there. That's pretty awesome.

Did they add that with this patch or is it old?

Top Bottom