• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Taking a break from Dizzy.

I think I might like Jack'O more. I like how you can end combos with the 4D so it gives you time to setup a pumpkin or two. Although I'm very unfamiliar with her so I won't be trapping people in the corner anytime soon.

Rhapsody

Banned
Please post any new tech that you found!

Elphelt's SIGN costume is fishable in-game!
Well, it's more like refining stuff to make sure it works on each character, haha. I haven't discovered anything brand new. Just adapting old stuff.
Taking a break from Dizzy.

I think I might like Jack'O more. I like how you can end combos with the 4D so it gives you time to setup a pumpkin or two. Although I'm very unfamiliar with her so I won't be trapping people in the corner anytime soon.

While some people disagree, I actually think Jack-O is a great character for newer players because of that. All of her combos grant knockdown in some way or another, and you don't need to always perform a specific setup afterwards. If you ever have questions about Jack-O, let me know and I can help.

So it's been a week with Dizzy now. Things are settling down and it still looks like optimal stuff is still going to take some time. As of now, I'm still much more comfortable with Jack-O than this iteration of Dizzy. I don't think I'll be confident in bringing Dizzy into a tourney anytime soon at the moment. Neutral and taking full advantage off of oki is a lot harder than it was in both AC and +R right now.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
The number of Dizzy's at the same scrub level as me who will autopilot into Ice Pillar during a blockstring has fallen immensely in the week. I miss the free punish.

Gears

Is Revelator still semi popular online? I really want to pick it up, but I'm wary considering it seemed like sign was dead fast, at least for NA. Plus the whole 60$ + having to grab the dlc character I missed. I only remembered to grab dizzy

Slaythe

Is Revelator still semi popular online? I really want to pick it up, but I'm wary considering it seemed like sign was dead fast, at least for NA. Plus the whole 60$ + having to grab the dlc character I missed. I only remembered to grab dizzy

It is pretty popular. Sign's online was shit (bad netcode at release + needing to be in same rooms than people you wanted to play with), Rev is pretty great.

Well, it's more like refining stuff to make sure it works on each character, haha. I haven't discovered anything brand new. Just adapting old stuff.

While some people disagree, I actually think Jack-O is a great character for newer players because of that. All of her combos grant knockdown in some way or another, and you don't need to always perform a specific setup afterwards. If you ever have questions about Jack-O, let me know and I can help.

So it's been a week with Dizzy now. Things are settling down and it still looks like optimal stuff is still going to take some time. As of now, I'm still much more comfortable with Jack-O than this iteration of Dizzy. I don't think I'll be confident in bringing Dizzy into a tourney anytime soon at the moment. Neutral and taking full advantage off of oki is a lot harder than it was in both AC and +R right now.

Will do. I agree that her simplistic inputs make her easier to use from an individual move execution standpoint, and the access to easy hard knockdowns. She's the character I wanted to play around with initially but Dizzy came out so I've been playing her instead.

Now that I'm switching focus I'll see where she takes me.

Gears

It is pretty popular. Sign's online was shit (bad netcode at release + needing to be in same rooms than people you wanted to play with), Rev is pretty great.

Do you think there are enough beginner-intermediate level players for me to have a decent learning time with? I only stood a chance if I used Ky in sign haha

Rhapsody

Banned
Do you think there are enough beginner-intermediate level players for me to have a decent learning time with? I only stood a chance if I used Ky in sign haha

Playing online, I've definitely seen a wide variety from beginner to people that really know what they're doing. The former isn't too infrequent either. At worst, you can always name your lobby asking for beginner players if needed. Plus there's people here still learning the game.

Revelator also has a pretty good tutorial that can help get you up to speed.

Luigi87

I'm glad to see the game has a good tutorial system.
Planning to pick this up today, and I've never played a Guilty Gear game before. Closest I've played would be BlazBlue, but even then I know the mechanics are quite different.

GG has intrigued me for a long time, I wanted SIGN, but never got it, and didn't want to pass on Revelator too.

Codiox

I'm glad to see the game has a good tutorial system.
Planning to pick this up today, and I've never played a Guilty Gear game before. Closest I've played would be BlazBlue, but even then I know the mechanics are quite different.

GG has intrigued me for a long time, I wanted SIGN, but never got it, and didn't want to pass on Revelator too.

Add me on psn if you need a total scrub :D

PSN: C0D10X

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I run into people who can't really do anything beyond single hits and fireballs to Zato players channelling Ogawa; there's a pretty big range of people. Just don't get too discouraged starting out if you do run into one of the monster players, it happens.

Sayad

I run into people who can't really do anything beyond single hits and fireballs to Zato players channelling Ogawa; there's a pretty big range of people. Just don't get too discouraged starting out if you do run into one of the monster players, it happens.
Nothing beats warrior Millias trying to win games without oki. #theBestOfUs #HonestFighter

Gagaman

Man I really wanna play this and havenb't played a Guilty Gear since X on the Dreamcast. I'm not on PS4 but my PC can most likely run it, should I grab the PS3 version or wait for the PC one?

Sayad

Man I really wanna play this and havenb't played a Guilty Gear since X on the Dreamcast. I'm not on PS4 but my PC can most likely run it, should I grab the PS3 version or wait for the PC one?
PS3 will probably have, and keep, a bigger user base thanks to cross play, that and the game still looks and run amazing on PS3.

wwm0nkey

Random but X2 #Reload and Isuka are being delisted from Steam on Aug 1st Ave rights are going back to Arcsys. So if you want those games is now your last chance until it's rereleased again

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Just bought a PS4 copy, had PS3 digital but I have convinced myself I ought to upgrade for some reason. It's true that this game supports PS3 sticks? or will I have to buy a PS4 stick?

Physical copies are becoming hard to find. BesBuy doesn't carry it, the few Gamestops that do have the game only have the single gutted copy, Amazon is currently on backorder. I managed to get a "Like New" copy from Amazon Warehouse that is factory sealed, so that's a nice thing.

But if you want a physical copy of Revelator PS4 you should probably lock that down sooner rather than later

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It is true that PS3 sticks are supported.

Nice! it lives on to fight in a new generation...

KJ9hX0K.jpg

Tizoc

Random but X2 #Reload and Isuka are being delisted from Steam on Aug 1st Ave rights are going back to Arcsys. So if you want those games is now your last chance until it's rereleased again
Make a new thread for this pls
May be interesting to see if aksys will do something about these releases themselves

Luigi87

Add me on psn if you need a total scrub :D

PSN: C0D10X

I'll add you. I doubt I'll play online quite yet because I have a lot of basics and fundamentals to learn first, lol.

PSN: Glyde_Skyhawk

Edit: I am so grateful that this game will allow you to watch Samples in the combo mode when trying to figure out how to do them. I'm not very good at fighting games, but it's being very helpful. Only been trying out Jack-O's so far, on her Advanced 04 now, but for some reason I kept whiffing her Advanced 03: K Clock Up > S (Long Distance)

Marz

Can the CPU recover out of stun faster than what is possible in a match? I'm trying to do the basic Zato unblockable in the corner but for the life of me I can't get the D>6p(2),-D-,2H,22S. I have the CPU set to recover on normal they keep popping out before I can hit with the drill.

I don't know if I just can't get the timing down or what it's frustrating.

Rhapsody

Banned
Can the CPU recover out of stun faster than what is possible in a match? I'm trying to do the basic Zato unblockable in the corner but for the life of me I can't get the D>6p(2),-D-,2H,22S. I have the CPU set to recover on normal they keep popping out before I can hit with the drill.

I don't know if I just can't get the timing down or what it's frustrating.

Probably wall slam stuff that's happening. Wait for them to slide down a bit and then do 2H.

Sayad

Really hate this in Xrd:
Raven on wake up, this is few frames after completing his wake up animation, his cape even fell down, yet he's still standing there with no hurt box what so ever! If you want variant wake up frames, it's fine, just make sure the animation is synced with it pls, this shit with Raven and Chip is just garbage when you want to time a meaty normal or a safe hover dash on their wake up.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I pretty much have any GG related on steam already....... Also concerning Dizzy and patches for EU PSN ....?

She was out the day after the US release (I think we might literally have had her before Japan); she's no longer free, I'm pretty sure. The balance patch was simultaneous with the US/JP release.

It's pretty neat how the TE2(+) lightbar has logic in it that flashes in response to what's going on in the game.

Is it just doing the same things that the LED in the DS4 would do? -SIGN- made the controller flash in various colours when certain things happened like clearing a challenge I think. That's probably the reason why Xrd official/licensed stick has some light up stuff on it too.

Is it just doing the same things that the LED in the DS4 would do? -SIGN- made the controller flash in various colours when certain things happened like clearing a challenge I think. That's probably the reason why Xrd official/licensed stick has some light up stuff on it too.

Does it? I don't think the Xrd TE2 has any LEDs

Luigi87

Must be that, yeah. I think that's a pretty cool aesthetic.

Rhapsody

Banned
Thanks, I'll practice that.
Definitely one of my biggest faults I really, really need to practice is remembering return to neutral position.

Don't forget that the game buffers the jump input pretty early when you're doing it from a normal, which makes the usual IAD input screw up. So make sure to delay the super jump part as much as you can.

Top Bottom