• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Luigi87

Don't forget that the game buffers the jump input pretty early when you're doing it from a normal, which makes the usual IAD input screw up. So make sure to delay the super jump part as much as you can.

Oh thanks, I wasn't aware of that at all.

Another thing I need to work on aside from the above, I've been watching my inputs and I notice I have a tendency to double-tap inputs far too often.

Rhapsody

Banned
Oh thanks, I wasn't aware of that at all.

Another thing I need to work on aside from the above, I've been watching my inputs and I notice I have a tendency to double-tap inputs far too often.

Directions or the actual attack buttons? If it's the latter, I'd say that's a good thing. Helps your inputs when you're trying to gets specials out in time.

Slaythe

I'm playing this game just for the GG characters.

Reroll worth it.
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xNjE4ODAwNjQyOTA1ODY2MjQvMjA4NzQwNzE1ODAxMzQ2MDUxL0lNR18wMTI3LlBORyJ9.YUvUH0a0RMfZgDB1yGpHxsqH3F8.PNG

Was sure I took a minute to get Dizzy when she came out. Now I realize I didn't and seeing 7.99$ when I could have get her for free just makes me want to push eject and boot up SFV or something. My fault but damn, from 0$ to 8$ is pretty steep... :/

Luigi87

Directions or the actual attack buttons? If it's the latter, I'd say that's a good thing. Helps your inputs when you're trying to gets specials out in time.

Yeah the attack buttons. I was just afraid double tapping too frequently would cause me to whiff combos.

Slaythe

Was sure I took a minute to get Dizzy when she came out. Now I realize I didn't and seeing 7.99$ when I could have get her for free just makes me want to push eject and boot up SFV or something. My fault but damn, from 0$ to 8$ is pretty steep... :/

Yeah cause SFV is so much better with its pricing.

Also you have no excuse for not getting her when she was free.... I'm sorry for you but you can't really be mad at the game or Arc.... They were extremely generous.

Yeah cause SFV is so much better with its pricing.

Also you have no excuse for not getting her when she was free.... I'm sorry for you but you can't really be mad at the game or Arc.... They were extremely generous.

I know, as I said it's my fault. Also yea, SFV shown their great pricing with the EVO Pack...

I am mad at myself because it sours my experience, Arc have been great and the game is much fun. Will go buy her now and it shouldn't take me too long to forget about my 8$. It's not even much about the price, just can't believe I was 100% sure I bought it when it was free. Makes me feel stupid.

Can I post a small request in here? Could someone who has Dizzy take a similar screenshot like the one below, but with dark haired color variant like brown or black? Would greatly appreciate it. Thank you! You can just PM it to me or however you'd like.

13744092_1699252603670837_647241291_n.jpg

fhqwhgads

Just got the game a few days back and been learning/practicing all the time. Got some questions.

1. Are there any mechanics I should prioritise in mastering? Like ones that are much more important/pivotal to generally getting good.

2. Between Zoners and Chargers, which are more beginner friendly/easier to understand? Based on the character specific trials those types of character have been feeling best to me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just got the game a few days back and been learning/practicing all the time. Got some questions.

1. Are there any mechanics I should prioritise in mastering? Like ones that are much more important/pivotal to generally getting good.

2. Between Zoners and Chargers, which are more beginner friendly/easier to understand? Based on the character specific trials those types of character have been feeling best to me.

1. faultless defense used to safely stop runs, option select throwing, instant air dashing, mastering your safest anti air options, learning how to fight without relying on jumping all the time, air throws, never forget about dead angles as a momentum changer, don't just burst soon as you get hit, and always aim for knockdowns or favorable resets

2. Axl for both if you mean charge as in a sonic boom

fhqwhgads

1. faultless defense used to safely stop runs, option select throwing, instant air dashing, mastering your safest anti air options, learning how to fight without relying on jumping all the time, air throws, never forget about dead angles as a momentum changer, don't just burst soon as you get hit, and always aim for knockdowns or favorable resets

Thank you kindly for the advice.

yella

Where is a good place to learn about the mechanics you're talking about? I can't use Discord right now; have to get a new phone first.

If I heard correctly, the arcade version gets the 1.03 console patch August 4th. Going to be nice to see more high level Raven, Kum and Dizzy footage.

If I heard correctly, the arcade version gets the 1.03 console patch August 4th. Going to be nice to see more high level Raven, Kum and Dizzy footage.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to seeing Kum in particular fleshed out. He's incredibly under used in the US

I don't think he'll be another Sin, where everyone in the US was convinced for a while that the best character in the game was a bad character, but he definitely has more potential than what we've seen.

Rhapsody

Banned
Just posting the same thing I put in the FGC thread. It's Jack-O MU lists each formed by the top placing Evo Jack-O players. Don't use it as an excuse to whine, she's a good character.

https://twitter.com/77_pretzel/status/760322239161970688
Purepure

Easy: Bedman
Little Easy: Jam, Zato, Elphelt, Faust
Easy but sometimes not: Sol, Potemkin, Slayer, May
Normal: Ino, Leo
Little Tough: Ky, Venom, Johnny
Bad: Millia, Chipp, Axl

https://twitter.com/SvampenBuri/status/760302721349980160
Svampen

Death: Axl, Millia, FAB (lol)
Tough: Chipp, Johnny
Little Tough: Sin, Bedman, Ky
Everyone else is normal or easy

https://twitter.com/d2ftaxi/status/760286403221524480
Min

Super Tough: Axl, Chipp
Tough: Sin, FAB, Johnny
Little Tough: Sol, Ky, Venom, Millia, May, Elphelt
Normal: Zato, Slayer, Bedman, Faust, I-No
Does well against: Potemkin, Leo, Jam, Ramlethal

Luigi87

Those are nice to know. I just got the game last week, and am just clearing out arcade episodes, but Jack-O is who I would like to try to learn to play when I start dedicating some time.
Seems they're unanimous about Axl above everyone else being difficult for her.

Marz

Just posting the same thing I put in the FGC thread. It's Jack-O MU lists each formed by the top placing Evo Jack-O players. Don't use it as an excuse to whine, she's a good character.

Purepure

Svampen

Min

Thanks for posting this man.

Seems like Jack O has trouble with rushdown.

What makes slayer a normal matchup? Just looking at it you'do think she would wreck him.

Sayad

Think it's less rushdown characters and more about characters with good mobility which make it hard for her to look them down, and characters who can destroy her ghost houses without much risk.

Rhapsody

Banned

What makes slayer a normal matchup? Just looking at it you'do think she would wreck him.
I'd say Jack-O hurts against characters she can't effectively build houses comfortably or lock down. Axl can just do the usual stuff which can damage houses easily. Chipp is hard to lock down and does a good job on destroying houses while making Jack-O block. I don't think Millia's that bad as those two, but I guess mobility kind of helps Millia. Hair car also does a fairly decent job at damaging houses too in one go. Personally I'd rather fight Millia than Johnny or Sin.

I imagine they're including 5.5 for anything that's in normal. I haven't played the Slayer MU but there was an exhibition with Mike vs Hase with Mike's Jack-O winning pretty convincingly. Slayer can hold his own decently I guess in some areas. If you're putting Jack-O in a blockstring while houses are right next to her, the goal is to delay your normals since there's a pause before houses can be damaged again. His normals aren't too bad for that. His tick throw game is pretty decent as well. Some people are unaware that her DP doesn't have throw invul on startup, so during blockstrings you should be mixing in some throws here and there.

He can fall into a checkmate situation if he's low on resources with houses all leveled up though, which is why some others have him listed under easy.

miku

Purepure

Svampen

Min

Thanks Rhapsody!

Im gonna say Jack-O' is probably the most used character in XrdR also

Rhapsody

Banned
I haven't come across more Jack-O's online or offline than other characters surprisingly. I felt like I would've.

She's mostly a good scrub mode because the average person doesn't know the matchup and how to deal with her houses. As far as setplay/knockdown stuff, I'd say Raven gives a run for her money.

Luigi87

While I was already practicing IAD and high jump IAD as per Qis' input suggestion, I just installed a 2lb spring into my TE2+'s JLF (as well as some Seimitsu buttons), and I find the extra tension is helping me signfiicantly with the input.

On another note, bluh, no matter how hard I try, I can't do Jack-O's Advanced 05...
Start is
S+HS (Hold)
Foward Jump
Jumping HS

I can't land that Jumping HS before Sol hits the ground for the life of me...

Deimo5

Speaking of combo mode, Floe did another challenge video and the ending is intense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPW_GZ9Vjwc

Could inspire me to get May's Advanced 10 combo ha, it's the only one I have left. Admittedly haven't tried it much since it looked too scary to me.
(Also the text is blocking your view most of the time unless you jump to the other side every time which is annoying)

Deimo5

While I was already practicing IAD and high jump IAD as per Qis' input suggestion, I just installed a 2lb spring into my TE2+'s JLF (as well as some Seimitsu buttons), and I find the extra tension is helping me signfiicantly with the input.

On another note, bluh, no matter how hard I try, I can't do Jack-O's Advanced 05...
Start is
S+HS (Hold)
Foward Jump
Jumping HS

I can't land that Jumping HS before Sol hits the ground for the life of me...

Are you putting down the house as soon as you can after the blitz shield charge? That is usually an important thing for me. You have to get used to the timing for when you can act after the charge hits. I think they put a combo like this in for every character.
Oh, double post now, but anyway...

Bebpo

Banned
Just finished the story mode....yeah, that was an odd place to end it. Really like these characters, and there's some good scenes in the story, but hard to compare it to Sign's story mode which was a complete enjoyable story.
I did really like how they did the arcade story modes in Rev with the in-stage cutscenes. Raven is a great addition too.

So when's the rest of story mode coming out?

Wait, it just unlocked more story mode....what

Bebpo

Banned
I meant, are all those chapters 9/10 whatever out already? Or are some of them coming soon in further game updates?

The only reason I got confused was the original OP said the story mode in the game was unfinished at release and the 2nd half would be released sometime later in the year so I was expecting story mode to be unfinished, but surprisingly it seems finished? Did they release the 2nd half of the story mode like the day after the game came out or something?

Also, if story mode is done, what's the hold up on the next Guilty Gear arcade game? I thought by this time into Sign's console life, Rev had already been announced for the arcades.

Sayad

I meant, are all those chapters 9/10 whatever out already? Or are some of them coming soon in further game updates?

The only reason I got confused was the original OP said the story mode in the game was unfinished at release and the 2nd half would be released sometime later in the year so I was expecting story mode to be unfinished, but surprisingly it seems finished? Did they release the 2nd half of the story mode like the day after the game came out or something?

Also, if story mode is done, what's the hold up on the next Guilty Gear arcade game? I thought by this time into Sign's console life, Rev had already been announced for the arcades.
Kind of, yes.

They already have another patch announced for this fall, if there's a new version, it will be announced at Arc Revo 2016, so mid October.

Top Bottom