• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haha - I can't believe this Mortal Kombat II phone card I found still works!!!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Back when the SNES/Genesis versions of MKII were released Acclaim and Electronics Boutique gave away an MKII phone card as a pre-order bonus. I used the card long ago but I kept it because I thought it was a nice little collectable. I came across it this weekend while I was cleaning and just for the heck of it I tried the 1-800 number on the back. It worked! It still gave the "exclusive MKII game tip" and everything. I can't believe that recording still exists. Unreal. Its 10 years old.

Try it for yourselves if you want some nostalgia: 1-800-990-8886.

robot

that was pretty damn funny - and now I know how to challenge Smoke!
I can't wait for Maximum Carnage to come out for my super nintendo.

shoplifter

You haven't lived until you've heard call-in orders requesting 20 year old merchandise, thinking they could still get it because they still had the catalog.

Keep in mind that this line hadn't been used a single time in over 10 years. It's funny how the company would keep these useless lines open in the event that a single person would not have a current catalog.

Bog

Junior Ace
The pins on those were so easy to figure out. My friends and I probably ruined about 50 for people by just guessing numbers.

Someone needs to make an Mp3 so that the legacy of the recording may live on! (when someone finally realizes it's still in operation and pulls the plug)

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Dude, Smoke totally accepted my challenge!! That was the funniest thing I have experienced today. Thank you.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Holy shit I'm going to totally own Mortal Kombat now, thanks Acclaim!

HOTNESS, WHEN'S MAXIMUM CARNAGE COMING OUT?

Laurent

maximumcarnage.jpg

miyuru

LMAO WTF WTF :lol!!!!

It's funny how the lady puts on that voice to say all that, and at the end:

"Please enter your authorisation code, now."

Top Bottom