• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
yeah, this is really ridiculous about a game. if you don't want spoilers, don't read halo2 threads.. but to be against game piracy just because you don't want spoilers leaked... you xbots need to get a grip.

SantaC

If anything, Microsoft might actually end up gaining money on this issue. A 100.000 USD fine per copy will get them some extra cash.

Sysgen

This is a disaster of the worst kind for MS. It's basically an open advertisement for new and existing Xbox owners to mod their Xboxs. [Wanna play Halo2 now, we'll mod your Xbox] Essentially, this not only cuts into Halo 2 sales but will cut into Xbox game sales overall. A real shame.

borghe

again, ridiculous... soft modding an xbox has been simple for a while now, since UDE, and possible since bert and ernie were first released. like none of the other big games released, KOTOR, SC:pT, Fable, etc aren't a call to mod your xbox. or the emulators. or xbmc. or linux. etc.

xbox users really do think halo2 is the second coming. and I thought people were overracting by saying that.

SantaC

borghe said:
again, ridiculous... soft modding an xbox has been simple for a while now, since UDE, and possible since bert and ernie were first released. like none of the other big games released, KOTOR, SC:pT, Fable, etc aren't a call to mod your xbox. or the emulators. or xbmc. or linux. etc.

xbox users really do think halo2 is the second coming. and I thought people were overracting by saying that.

well I guess some xbots wasn't around when SMB3, Zelda Lttp and Zelda OoT were released. This might be new for them :D

Typical. MS cert is where the bulk of the pirating happens. I don't trust MS cert department at all, several games I worked on got sent there and lo and behold 3 days later they were on the net.

MS still has the problem I see.

borghe

SantaCruZer said:
well I guess some xbots wasn't around when SMB3, Zelda Lttp and Zelda OoT were released. This might be new for them :D
it took me a while to get this.. touche.. lol!!

though OoT was really damn close to the second coming.. hahaha....!

Lakitu

st5fu
borghe said:
yeah, this is really ridiculous about a game. if you don't want spoilers, don't read halo2 threads.. but to be against game piracy just because you don't want spoilers leaked... you xbots need to get a grip.

I don't think you understand... we're not against piracy just because we don't want spoilers, but now there's a better risk of some asstard wanting to spoil the game for everyone. I'm against piracy, in any shape or form and this is no exception. Also, we're not talking about Halo 2 threads, one has the potential to reveal a major spoiler of the game in the topic title, we could be just browsing the gaming forum, looking out for other potential news and minding our business when some idiot decides to post a topic called, "OMG!! Master Chief dies!!", I don't want my game spoiled like that, and let's not forget that this is one of the most popular gaming forums on the web, some idiot is going to be wanting to do that.

That's why I agree with gofreak.

borghe

epmode said:
right. halo 2 is actually worthwhile.

ahh.. an FPShead.. allow me to talk your language:

it's not like it's HL2 or a true sequel to counterstrike or anything.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
borghe said:
but again we come back to, it's just a game... it's not like it's EpIII or something.

Right, and as a game, it will provide a longer, more fulfilling experience than a movie like Episode III ever could...

Which is why we don't want it spoiled. :)

Lakitu

st5fu
borghe said:
but again we come back to, it's just a game... it's not like it's EpIII or something.

This is a gaming forum, and Halo 2 has generated tons of hype. Whether yoiu believe it or not, people are actually interested in the story, and want to play it themselves. It could potentially ruin the game experience.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
m0dus said:
Yep. Greasy, idiot ninjas. After doing a bit more research, I find the guy lacks the verbal skills of a fucking see & say, and that's giving him too much credit. He's one of those ALL CAPS, NO KNOW HOW TO WRITE COHERENT SENTENCE mentally deficient motherfuckers. It's kinda sad, he considers himself 'clever' for scouring the net at 3:00 am to disseminate links on the boards. It's funny--his profile just screams "tiny dick" in the way he tries to vie for attention and blurt out posts as if he's got one hand on the keyboard, and the other up his skirt. Seriously, shit like "REIROM OWN BUNGEE" is the verbal equivalent of a 14 year-old retarded kid laughing because he shit on the bus-stop bench. Yep, you pissed off some folks, but now you've got crap on your pants, and whoops! you're still an idiot. :)
Irregardless of that being a slam on Reirom that was some seriously funny shit. "Lacks the verbal skills of a fucking see & say." :) Thanks man that was classic.

borghe

eh.. I'm just messing with you guys.. I guess I just feel left out. Usually when this board gets caught up in some hype I get caught up in it also.... but really, halo has just never done it for me, and I've had my xbox for almost 3 years.

anyway, enjoy.

dark10x

borghe said:
eh.. I'm just messing with you guys.. I guess I just feel left out. Usually when this board gets caught up in some hype I get caught up in it also.... but really, halo has just never done it for me.

anyway, enjoy.

I dunno what your gaming habits really are, but perhaps this will help increase your interest?

HALO2BIG.jpg

Bregor

Arguing that someone shouldn't care about spoilers is dumb - the fact is that they DO care, and it is simple to respect their quite reasonable request not to post spoilers.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Duckhuntdog said:
Typical. MS cert is where the bulk of the pirating happens. I don't trust MS cert department at all, several games I worked on got sent there and lo and behold 3 days later they were on the net.

MS still has the problem I see.

I thought it had gone gold and released to manufacture already?

borghe

dark10x said:
I dunno what your gaming habits really are, but perhaps this will help increase your interest?

HALO2BIG.jpg
my gaming habits are quite varied, and I actually love PC FPS'.

Things I really didn't like about Halo:

dual analog control. felt like moving back to the stone age. the mouse/keyboard adapter being released for xbox holds some pontential, but at this point console FPSing is like street racing with a pinto.

the game itself. it was fine and everything, but really generic to me. vehicles were clever but horrible to control (not like BF1942) and the level design and artwork SCREAMED generic shooter.

the first time I played Wolfenstein 3D I was blown away. the first time I played doom, I was blown away. the first time I played quake I was blown away. The first time I played Half Life I was blown away. The first time I played CounterStrike I was blown away. The first time I played Halo was at a friends house for about 2 hours and I walked away glad I didn't buy an XBox at launch just to play it.

dark10x

borghe said:
my gaming habits are quite varied, and I actually love PC FPS'.

Things I really didn't like about Halo:

dual analog control. felt like moving back to the stone age. the mouse/keyboard adapter being released for xbox holds some pontential, but at this point console FPSing is like street racing with a pinto.

the game itself. it was fine and everything, but really generic to me. vehicles were clever but horrible to control (not like BF1942) and the level design and artwork SCREAMED generic shooter.

the first time I played Wolfenstein 3D I was blown away. the first time I played doom, I was blown away. the first time I played quake I was blown away. The first time I played Half Life I was blown away. The first time I played CounterStrike I was blown away. The first time I played Halo was at a friends house for about 2 hours and I walked away glad I didn't buy an XBox at launch just to play it.

I don't know what to say, the analog controls feel great, it's anything but generic, and has amazing vehicle control (which is why the new Tribes adapted it, I assume). If you don't like it, no biggie, but I'm baffled by your points.

Cimarron

"even by posting links to screens of the leaked game, you're contributing to the problem by spreading the leaked information. Further, you may spoil the game for people who have worked hard to keep their first experience of Halo 2 pure."

Hey mods can we at least respect Bungies wishes concerning leaked pics?

Nameless

The www.ilovebees.com message makes strange sense now...

"Unauthorized personnel should know
that I have full license to use any means to
protect the security of these transmissions.
I believe that punishing even minor transgressions
with shockingly excessive force is the best deterrent.
I am relentless, and I have absolutely no conscience
when it comes to executing my mission.
Make your decisions accordingly."

*cuts on X-Files theme music*

Teddman

8bit said:
How is reirom correct if it was leaked a day before his nominated date?
It was well into October 14th in Europe (the source of the leak) when the game was "released." So he was off by a matter of hours, big deal...

Saki

Banned
m0dus said:
Yep. Greasy, idiot ninjas. After doing a bit more research, I find the guy lacks the verbal skills of a fucking see & say, and that's giving him too much credit. He's one of those ALL CAPS, NO KNOW HOW TO WRITE COHERENT SENTENCE mentally deficient motherfuckers. It's kinda sad, he considers himself 'clever' for scouring the net at 3:00 am to disseminate links on the boards. It's funny--his profile just screams "tiny dick" in the way he tries to vie for attention and blurt out posts as if he's got one hand on the keyboard, and the other up his skirt. Seriously, shit like "REIROM OWN BUNGEE" is the verbal equivalent of a 14 year-old retarded kid laughing because he shit on the bus-stop bench. Yep, you pissed off some folks, but now you've got crap on your pants, and whoops! you're still an idiot. :)

That fact alone would piss me off if I were in bungie's shoes.
Man, what's your fucking problem?
Leave the rom god alone!

Dilbert

TekunoRobby said:
I honestly don't think there's going to be any problems related to spoilers in this forum. All threads and posts will be spoiler edited beforehand because I highly doubt anyone is going to want to incur the wrath of 200+ people.

For those of you who chose to download the leak: please be mindful about spoilers and use the spoiler tag.
You're damn right there won't be any problems related to posting Halo 2 spoilers. If someone posts ANYTHING about the contents of Halo 2 -- spoiler-tagged or not -- I'm going to ban them on sight. And I don't even READ the Gaming Forum.

TOS said:
...reviews or impressions of pirated software will...result in the banning of the user in question.
Read it, know it, love it.

Prine

Banned
-jinx- said:
You're damn right there won't be any problems related to posting Halo 2 spoilers. If someone posts ANYTHING about the contents of Halo 2 -- spoiler-tagged or not -- I'm going to ban them on sight. And I don't even READ the Gaming Forum.

Read it, know it, love it.

Thankyou :)

Chittagong

Gold Member
So I wonder what this does to the review and exclusivity program of Halo 2 PR? Now any magazine and website can have a review with sceens as early as they dare to put it up.

Actually, now that they've lost the code to the bit universe, the smartest move would be to ship a shitload of PR kits with copies of the game for reviewers. December magazine covers ensured.

Some torrent site's already removed their link. Talk about stupid. 99.9% of their files are illegal and they remove the halo 2 iso.

Alcibiades

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3743110.stm

Experts say the leak is unlikely to have an impact on sales of the game.

"Whilst the leak happened, Microsoft have acted quickly to shut it down," James Ashton, publisher of the Official Xbox Magazine told BBC News Online.

"Without illegally modifying your Xbox console there would be no way to make this leaked code play due to the consoles in-built security.

"Even with the modification you would not be able to take Halo 2 online, which, having played it, is a major feature of the title."

I wouldn't even mess with this crap if I could, way too troublesome, no LIVE for an XBox once that happens, and the risk of f*cking it up...

either way, I wonder if this will cause a widespread anti-piracy movement where by albums and pop music released ahead of release date are squashed through underground anti-piracy efforts now that the videogames industry is living it (and did through Burnout 3, etc...)

not that it's new to games though... Zelda/Super Mario World and other GBA/NES/SNES game downloads for titles avaibable on store shelves, I wonder if that will become a rallying cry as well...

How many people denoucing the Halo 2 thing will denounce the other 2 as well...

Prine

Banned
"Whilst the leak happened, Microsoft have acted quickly to shut it down," James Ashton, publisher of the Official Xbox Magazine told BBC News Online.

Uh-oh, he made the CALL

04-25winhec.jpg

"Can you take care of it?"

flo-KEIFER.jpg

"im on it"

Lakitu said:
I don't know how anybody could read that.

I did, it's not like it's the entire Halo 2 storyline. I'm sure more of the storyline has been given away from ilovebees.com than from Drexon's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom