• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Drexon said:
You WILL regret reading this. :) This IS a major spoiler. :)

Master Chief has boobies!

Actually it isn't spoilerific if you've read the novels. It's not much of a stretch with all of the foreshadowing.

EDIT: Just in case I edited Drexon's original spoiler tag and replaced it with a stupid joke.

border

Well shit, if you highlighted the spoiler tag and read it then you've only got yourself to blame. It isn't confirmed to be true anyway....there are probably dozens of jackasses going around and making up spoilers.

Can someone explain how the spoiler "makes sense" if you've read the novels? (PM if necessary)

Bungie has said that they have written over 100 years of story for the Halo-verse, so it does kinda make sense if you take that into account.

Cimarron

IAWTP ^
TORCHES.jpg

spoiler spreading bitches must pay with their own cyber blood! ><

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think what we should do is, whoever posts spoilers should be banned and also reported to the ESA. Heck two prominent Gaffers work for the ESA, and another one was just approved recently. So banning and then also a fine and jail time for spoilers... works for me.

Sai

epmode said:
owned?

edit: the "spoiler" was a joke, btw.
edit2: unless a mod got to it first, i guess. was it for real?
He did say banned on sight. :/ So if it was real or not, I don't think it really matters, he should have taken that into consideration, or at least made it clear that he was joking.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Drexon's "spoiler" was the Metal Gear Solid 2 twist. But I think any spoiler box in this thread, even if a joke meant to play on the anxieties of Halo fans, is just asking for trouble. No need to twist the knife.

belgurdo

Banned
Since the forum heavies seem to be going a bit overboard in this topic, I'll refrain from making jokes, but I wanted to know if there's been anything said about new weapons (from previews, of course) and if the game is longer than the first

mrmyth

Wario64 said:
22.jpg

Tell me where I can find the rest of the pirates!

dh67.jpg

When you steal six hundred dollars,
you can disappear...but when you
steal six hundred copies of Halo 2, they will
find you...unless you play dead.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Keep the bannings going, boys. People who propogate this bullshit shouldn't be allowed to infest respectable forums like GA.

IgeL

Teddman said:
It was well into October 14th in Europe (the source of the leak) when the game was "released." So he was off by a matter of hours, big deal...
Uh, it's October 13 in Europe at the moment. 20:30 PM GMT to be exact.

Anyway, this is bad. Halo 2 sales may not take a big hit but I'm sure many Xbox owners will mod their console because of this.

Luckily it hasn't spread to "casual" warez places, and MS seems keen to keep it that way. (I mean if they know about all those illegal download sites, yet only act when Halo 2 is in trouble, does that mean that they generally don't care or that they/someone is planning something to stop the sites anyway?)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
:lol at the Star Wars quote. They mean business.

I wonder if anyone who truly hates Reirom will take advantage of this situation. They are clearly going after EVERYONE, burning the countryside too.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Luckily it hasn't spread to "casual" warez places, and MS seems keen to keep it that way
What's 'casual'? I mean there are torrent links everywhere, and IRC searchers will give you bunch of XDDCs.... If you are talking about Kazaa, etc. I think that's just matter of propagation time.

TekunoRobby said:
:lol at the Star Wars quote. They mean business.

I wonder if anyone who truly hates Reirom will take advantage of this situation. They are clearly going after EVERYONE, burning the countryside too.

Already been done:)

If you're referring to the MS e-mail address.

Edit: Not that it matters. If they're smart they'll keep everything locked down so MS can't get inside (I assume you're talking about that shithole of a forum).

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Hah now im starting to think it is some some PR stunt to get A. Bungie fans rooting out any and every bittorrent website posting Xbox files and B. Start arresting people to get the message out to the general public that piracy will be punished.

If its not a PR stunt then i still wouldnt be supprised if A and B both happen.

Deg

Banned
Looks like all the big fps's have been pirated before release. This is odd because its a console game.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Ghost said:
Hah now im starting to think it is some some PR stunt to get A. Bungie fans rooting out any and every bittorrent website posting Xbox files and B. Start arresting people to get the message out to the general public that piracy will be punished.

If its not a PR stunt then i still wouldnt be supprised if A and B both happen.

are you fucking insane? and stupid?

yes.

Joe

it would be something if the bungie fanbase and microsoft muscle can severely limit the damage. i mean the game is already out and its just going to continue to spread but i think they have a good shot at containing the game from spreading like wildfire.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Well Opa is already in lockdown mode (only registered members can browse the forums), probably do to the crazy amount of visitors that the website was getting. With MS/Bungie going fullforce with the piracy hunt and the possible army of MS/Bungie fans reporting in links and individuals I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of sites became harder to access.

Razoric

Banned
Even if it does spread the worst thing that will happen are spoilers. MOST people will buy the game come Nov. 9th, not have some hacked shit version of it they most likely wont even work on Xbox Live.

mrmyth

They won't contain it. Not even God could contain it at this point. Maybe if we get Al Gore to shut down the internet.

Razoric

Banned
Oh and word to the wise, dont look at Opa-Age's forums. Whether they are true or not people are posting spoilers in the thread titles. You've been warned.

:(

Alcibiades

don't forget to report e-mails, threads, sites, links, IP's, etc... whenever GBA emulation/ GBA game downloading (or NES/SNES/N64-related piracy for that matter) is taking place guys...

Nintendo needs an army too, they're a little young to be wielding might computing weapons at the moment...

oh, and I'm sure the RIAA wouldn't mind some help;)

mrmyth said:
They won't contain it. Not even God could contain it at this point. Maybe if we get Al Gore to shut down the internet.

Sadly, this man is correct. The only thing that can be done is close up the loopholes that got the game out in the first place (although this industry is completely horrendous at enforcing security on the developer side and on the factory pressing/idsc mastering side to begin with!).

MS/Bungie can only blame themselves for not keeping that game under the tightest scrutiny until it gets shipped to retail stores (and even then, there's not much they can do to punish EB employees with knowledge of the scene that break open the shipment early and hand it off to their warez group friend for a cut of the payoff from organized crime).

Nintendo sets the best example--games are locked into the system and/or someone is there the entire time while a reviewer plays the game. You hear the elitist GameSpotters of the world mewing like injured kittens that they need time to play on their own in private, when in reality some of them just want the opportunity to pawn off that copy in return for other pirated content/money.

Drey1082

I hear the leaked version is french.....

CTF is going to be a lot different with two white flags....

:lol

(i keed, i keed)

Dilbert

I lifted Drexon's ban, since apparently it was some kind of joke. Although I sent him a PM to clarify the situation, it might be good if someone who knows him can pass along the "olly olly axon free" message.

By the way -- I don't know who the fuck this "Reirom" character is, but I'm REALLY sick of hearing about him and his mangled English. Regardless of whether or not he's a pirate, I really wish SOMEONE would take him out, just on general principle.

-jinx- said:
I lifted Drexon's ban, since apparently it was some kind of joke. Although I sent him a PM to clarify the situation, it might be good if someone who knows him can pass along the "olly olly axon free" message.

By the way -- I don't know who the fuck this "Reirom" character is, but I'm REALLY sick of hearing about him and his mangled English. Regardless of whether or not he's a pirate, I really wish SOMEONE would take him out, just on general principle.

Even if it wasn't a joke (I took it seriously as the books give a lot of extra background on Halo 2 that may have coincided with his post); I thought spoiler tags were created for a reason? It's not like he's holding a gun to people's heads and forcing them to click and highlight the text.

And if this REIROM guy is into ROM piracy (GBA and such), if anyone can forward any info to esa@theesa.com we'll take action.

mrmyth

-jinx- said:

1059786778_sQUIZ_jack.JPG

Not sure I deserved that....

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
And if this REIROM guy is into ROM piracy (GBA and such)
Hoho, man, did you struck something there. REIROM was for years boasting himself as a king of ROMs (ME AM ROM!) His dream was that a brazillian programmer would one day make an emulator called 'EmuAllSystems', btw. However, from what I've seen, he's all talk and no action. He did have couple of hilariously lame ROM download sites, but they were all just hyperlinking to other people's FTP servers and such, and had literally (and I mean it!) dozens of popup windows as soon as you enter them. He was laughed at to no end because of that. All those sites are now closed, from what I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom