• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
They're on the Waypoint website?

Wouldn't know because it's a piece of shit to navigate and load, and marred by errors everywhere. Maybe when it's half as good as Bungie.net.

Bungie.net was so clean and full of easily accessed functionality. Waypoint is really messy with the fold out menu stuff. I've said it before, every design thing like the medals and commendations feels like a step back visually from Reach.

Izayoi

Banned
Spawn in at the beginning of the game on BTB Slayer on Exile, killed by a Gauss Hog in ten seconds. Spawn again, and the Gauss Hog kills me immediately. C'mon.

I think it's a fun technique and don't view it as a cheat because everyone can do it and it actually makes sense to input momentum into the throws. It's easy input wise, but the only thing that does classify it as cheating a bit is that not everyone (the host) can do it. If the host thing didn't apply I'd consider it more like wavedashing or something in SSBM, a fun unintended thing that adds to the gameplay.
It's a button combo, no different than BXR or the Boltshot reload glitch. It was not intended by the designers, it is not known to a majority of the population, it gives those who use it an unfair advantage over others. It's the very definition of a cheat.

Of course, none of this would've been a problem if 343 had pulled their heads out of their asses and had a beta, but that's behind us now and hopefully they had the foresight to at the very least include a framework that lets them patch out exploits like this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bungie.net was so clean and full of easily accessed functionality. Waypoint is really messy with the fold out menu stuff. I've said it before, every design thing like the medals and commendations feels like a step back visually from Reach.
Yep. Commendations specifically are so much harder to see in your periphery, I never catch what they say in time :/

Epicus Failus

Neo Member
Is this the proper place to find friends to do a legendary campaign run? Not having campaign matchmaking is such a set back.

Gamertag is Evangelion13 if anyone wants to play.

ugh...I see the tradition that started with Halo 3 where you play the same 3 motherfucking maps over and over and over continues in Halo 4. I don't see myself sticking with this game very long due to this issue.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. Commendations specifically are so much harder to see in your periphery, I never catch what they say in time :/

Much like the medals hey also really don't look very intuitive. Like the blue and the white in the progress bar should be switched. In Reach it took less than a second to decipher "sweet, silver commendation for headshots". I also don't like how the experience you get from them is stealth added to the progress bar, rather than showing you after the match which commendations you leveled. It's fairly trivial stuff, but I feel they're these small touches Bungie absolutely nailed. Also don't like how they took away many medals. Like making a generic plasma kill and removing the sticky medal. I wanna how many people I've stuck not just the total grenade kills.

Grisby

Having been playing the past couple of weeks every night and getting up to 50 I gotta say, I don't really have a problem with anything in MP. Of course, I never found Armor Lock to be that much of a big deal either.

Vehicles seem to die super easy now though considering there are a lot more power weapons out on the field (ordnance).

Lima

How is the Light Rifle in multi, anyway? I haven't touched it yet.

Pretty good if you can hit all the shots. Only needs 4 shots to kill someone.

What buff does the Carbine need? I only used it in two games but got like 15 kills in each of them with it. You have to hit your shots but it has the fastest kill time so I don't think it is weak.

rCIZZLE

I really wish theyd go the whole way and remove vehicle friendly fire from big team. It would actually be playable then instead of having butthurt assholes destroying the power vehicles and fucking over the whole team.

Most importantly, get rid of the fucking Boltshot. I was just out-gunned at close range by one while I had a Scattershot. If your spawn weapon can outdo a fucking Shotgun, something's wrong with your fucking game.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get the scattershot. I thought it was beast at first, but now it's like I can't hit people with it online.

I don't get the scattershot. I thought it was beast at first, but now it's like I can't hit people with it online.

It's like Excalibur. It only works for the worthy.

But seriously, I have a love/hate relationship with the scattershot. When I have it I'm in a state of bliss, and when others have it I complain that it's overpowered.

In terms of not hitting people with it... remember that even though it has more range than a regular shotgun, it's still a shotgun. At medium range you need at least two shots to down someone, sometimes three. From farther, it's virtually useless. And obviously at close range it's an instant kill.

Teppic

Have played some multiplayer. I think it's fun, and it still plays like Halo. I like the new added powers to pick from, although the jet pack feels pretty useless. Only good when you need to jump down to something.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
BR and DMR are fairly balanced in relation to each other, each does slightly better in different areas. No need for buffs or nerfs.

stktt

Banned
How is the Light Rifle in multi, anyway? I haven't touched it yet.

Amazing when zoomed in. It has the same kill time as a BR when zoomed out.

I don't think the other rifles (well, except the Carbine) need a buff so much as the DMR needs a nerf. It's supposed to be primarily used as a mid to long range weapon, right? At the very least, what about giving it the same kill time as the BR and Light Rifle? It would still be useful without being a better choice than the LR/BR/Carbine in most situations.

Izayoi

Banned

What buff does the Carbine need? I only used it in two games but got like 15 kills in each of them with it. You have to hit your shots but it has the fastest kill time so I don't think it is weak.
I can do well with the Magnum if I put my mind to it, I don't think that's a great indication of how powerful a particular weapon is. Even landing all of my shots the Carbine doesn't feel as powerful as the DMR is.

It warms my heart to see everyone in here complaining about the Boltshot as well. Bullshit gun. Can't tell you how many times I get one-shotted from medium range by that thing, or outranged when I'm holding a shotgun and shooting at the enemy.

I also don't like the Scattershot. sometimes I'll be a few feet away from someone and it will still take two shots to take 'em down. Other times I can hit (or be hit) from medium range as every shot homes in on me around a corner or something.

I need to put in more work with the Light Rifle. It's just so hard leaving the DMR. I am starting to get better with the Battle Rifle and when to use it, though.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

You have that the wrong way, it's the slowest kill time.

I can do well with the Magnum if I put my mind to it, I don't think that's a great indication of how powerful a particular weapon is. Even landing all of my shots the Carbine doesn't feel as powerful as the DMR is.

In dominion, a full clip of carbine will set a defense turret on fire, with the DMR you can blow it up with ammo to spare in about the same time as it takes a carbine to empty its mag, I was messing around with covie weapons earlier for about 3 hours.

It's not as bad as reach where human weapons > all the time, but the carbine needs a slight increase, not much but a little.

blamite

I think it's a fun technique and don't view it as a cheat because everyone can do it and it actually makes sense to input momentum into the throws. It's easy input wise, but the only thing that does classify it as cheating a bit is that not everyone (the host) can do it. If the host thing didn't apply I'd consider it more like wavedashing or something in SSBM, a fun unintended thing that adds to the gameplay.

Actually, it only works if you're not the host, afaik. I don't really have a problem with it aside from that fact, if one person can do it, everyone should be able to, and if one person can't, nobody should be able to. Right now 343 just needs to pick one or the other.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
That's what I meant, but I could have phrased it better.

Izayoi

Banned
lol, yes what a cheat, DAMN HAXERS EVERYBODY WHO USES IT GOES +30 ALL THE TIME AND WINS BECAUSE OF IT... lol

you never played Halo 2 online did you?
I played Halo 2 online more than any of the Halo games multiplayer-wise, except maybe Halo PC. I thought the same thing then about button combo abusers as I do now. Are you really going to try and make a case for exploits by bringing up the plethora of button combos that Halo 2 had?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I played Halo 2 online more than any of the Halo games multiplayer-wise, except maybe Halo PC. I thought the same thing then about button combo abusers as I do now. Are you really going to try and make a case for exploits by bringing up the plethora of button combos that Halo 2 had?

Anything that doesnt manipulate the game code is not cheating. It might be a tactic that you dont like but it isnt cheating.

its midnight in the uk and I keep getting american hosts, my sniper shots miss and it feels like I need to shoot twice as much as the enemy to do damage, plus I keep skipping around now and again and no, it's not my end I checked multiple times.

Why :(

ace3skoot

its midnight in the uk and I keep getting american hosts, my sniper shots miss and it feels like I need to shoot twice as much as the enemy to do damage, plus I keep skipping around now and again and no, it's not my end I checked multiple times.

same here buddy, guess haloUK's like there beauty sleep :p

Anything that doesnt manipulate the game code is not cheating. It might be a tactic that you dont like but it isnt cheating.

technically your right, but where is you sense of decency and competition...yeah know one cares i know :/

Dreaver

What's everyone's primary loadout?

Battle Rifle/DMR (depending on the map)
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Grenades
Jetpack
Mobility
Dexterity

DMR
Boltshot
Frags
Promothean Vision
Shield
Dexterity

For BTB I have the same version except with plasma pistol and plasma nades. I'm SR57 and they're the only custom classes I have. I'll probably switch to the flinching rogue perk as soon as I unlock it.

Active Camo has to go. Seriously, why the fuck is something that used to be a power up available for unlimited use the second you spawn? It's way more powerful than it was even in Reach. Unreal.
Am I the only one who doesn't have problems with it? The only thing I find annoying is stealth + sniper. I don't find it too hard to kill people with camo, though I won't mind a small nerf for it.

Most importantly, get rid of the fucking Boltshot. I was just out-gunned at close range by one while I had a Scattershot. If your spawn weapon can outdo a fucking Shotgun, something's wrong with your fucking game.
Yeah it's stupid you can beat a shotgun/sword. I feel like a noob every time I abuse it. Boltshot definitely needs a nerf (as I said, reduce the range and decrease the amount of time you can hold the charge).

I know the feeling bro, it's extremely frustrating as it gets extremely hard to win rifle battles against the more experienced players. The game needs a region filter.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
technically your right, but where is you sense of decency and competition...yeah know one cares i know :/

Dont play with imaginary rules. Everything in the game that can be used to your advantage should be. The point of any game is to win right? Suck it up. People wont adhere to some imaginary honor system you got built up in your head.

Top Bottom