• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Read the next line. Ill be at work - not a few hours... I won't be able to download these maps til tomorrow.

Besides its a matter of principle.

Apparently it's a matter of PR. They should have just said the release date was the 11th and then maybe the entitled folks like you would be praising them for getting it online a day early.

Actually then you'd have people complaining that they took the wrong day off work to play, or that they're jealous that some people had extra time to complete the achievements or something. Damned if you do...

IHaveIce

Banned
Apparently it's a matter of PR. They should have just said the release date was the 11th and then maybe the entitled folks like you would be praising them for getting it online a day early.

You have every right to be entitled if you see other being able to play the maps and you can't just because you trusted in 343 and paid more money for the LE/Season Pass.

DesertFox

Actually then you'd have people complaining that they took the wrong day off work to play, or that they're jealous that some people had extra time to complete the achievements or something. Damned if you do...
Entitled? Aren't you by definition entitled to something you've paid for?

No need to make personal attacks

U2NUMB

They actually mention the issue on the main Xbox Live Status page

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

"12/10/2012 7:28:10 AM PST:
Season pass holders are you unable to access your Crimson Map Pack download on Halo 4? We're working hard to get you into action in the new lands! Thanks for being patient. We'll post another update in 30 minutes."

Coming up on that 30 min update time

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Guys, for real, it's like, a matter of a few hours. In 2 days you're not even gonna care about this at all.

LosDaddie

Banned
The ones currently in matchmaking is usually good ones but I don't know about this week with the "best of".

Oh, so there's new/different Spartan Ops missions up? A Best Of type of deal? That's cool. I didn't know since I'm at work. I just assumed the same missions would remain until the new ones come out in Jan.

Wow so the LE owners get punished for their loyalty. In an hour ill be leaving for work.

343 is really starting to piss me off.

Punished? :lol Come on.

I mean, I can see your point, but it's a few hours. I guess for me this stuff never really matters since I don't game until ~9pm on weeknights (Gamer-Dad & all), and these issues are usually solved by then.

DesertFox

Punished? :lol Come on.

I mean, I can see your point, but it's a few hours. I guess for me this stuff never really matters since I don't game until ~9pm on weeknights (Gamer-Dad & all), and these issues are usually solved by then.
I know, it's not a huge deal. More kinda posted out of anger after booting up, seeing the ad for it, got hyped to play them then learned its not available to me yet. Oh well - I'll try them out tomorrow.

They said "December 10" and the day isn't even halfway over.
Right - like I said my window of opportunity has expired and I'm leaving for work, but I'm glad the issue is fixed/will be fixed for the other LE owners. I'll try out the maps tomorrow.

pakkit

Banned
Boltshot is killer. Keep an eye on that radar when walking past corners and avoid/scan areas where there is a cloaked Spartan and you should be fine. I'm around 5 K/D with that bugger in Slayer. Hope they don't nerf it too much...

EDIT: One weapon I still haven't figured out is the Sticky Detonator. How do you all get kills with it? It seems very sluggish for me and I can't gauge the amount of damage it'll cause, but I have seen plenty of other players dominate with it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Boltshot is killer. Keep an eye on that radar when walking past corners and avoid/scan areas where there is a cloaked Spartan and you should be fine. I'm around 5 K/D with that bugger in Slayer. Hope they don't nerf it too much...
Problem is that essentially is "assume your opponent has a shotgun at all times" because they can spawn with one that literally has about the same effective range of it. Which is also most of that of the automatic starters.

Xbox LIVE Status said:
12/10/2012 7:28:10 AM PST:

Season pass holders are you unable to access your Crimson Map Pack download on Halo 4? We're working hard to get you into action in the new lands! Thanks for being patient. We'll post another update in 30 minutes.
...That was 86 minutes ago... Are we ever going to get an update?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think the boltshot is fine considering how difficult it is to use.
Que?

I think a decent nerf would be restricting your looking ability further once you start charging so you have to commit to it. I think that would make the weapon take some actual skill, still be effective, and not plague/dominate close quarters scenarios.

Que?

I think a decent nerf would be restricting your looking ability further once you start charging so you have to commit to it. I think that would make the weapon take some actual skill, still be effective, and not plague/dominate close quarters scenarios.
It's probably just me but I think the charge weapons are a bit more difficult to use. I always die before I can get my shot off.

exYle

It's probably just me but I think the charge weapons are a bit more difficult to use. I always die before I can get my shot off.

Unfortunately, that's not at all representative of most of the population. So when the thing does get nerfed, the players who did poorly with it are going to do even worse. It's an unfortunate tradeoff to stop everyone else from running around rampant with it.

Fuchsdh

If you wanted to weaken the Boltshot, why not just force players to commit to the charge a little earlier? Right now it's easy to pulse the trigger to keep it from going off before I'm ready, but if you forced people to lay off the trigger earlier they have a smaller window to actually use it. No difference in power, but it'll take more player control to make sure they're in range and ready for a killing blow.

U2NUMB

Posted 12 minutes ago on their forums

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst162869_Crimson-MP-Update-for-LE-and-Map-Pass-Owners.aspx

"TL;DR - We are aware of the issue in which Map Pass and LE owners are not being recognized to download the Crimson Map Pack at no additional cost. We will use this thread to provide updates when we have them.

TL;WR - To prevent War Games Map Pass and LE owners from purchasing content twice, we created two different offers for the Crimson Map Pack, one that costs 800 MSP and one just for Map Pass and LE owners. The latter is currently having issues with showing up when appropriate, which is why some of you are not seeing a download for the Crimson Map Pack. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we're actively working with Xbox LIVE to have this issue resolved today. More updates when we have them."

So no ETA just be patient.. same ole

Dreaver

The Boltshot is EXTREMELY overpowered in current state. It simply way too strong and the range is ridiculous. It hardly takes any skill right now and everyone is using it. You even win (or at least tie) easily versus a shotgun orsword. The weapon needs a hard nerf. Reduce the range and decrease the amount of time you can hold the charge by quite some time. Make it HARD to use.

J@hranimo

Banned
Ok after reading a lot of these posts about us LE people getting screwed I'm glad to know I'm not the only one >:/

Dammit I want to play those maps!

The Boltshot is EXTREMELY overpowered in current state. It simply way too strong and the range is ridiculous. It hardly takes any skill right now and everyone is using it. You even win (or at least tie) easily versus a shotgun orsword. The weapon needs a hard nerf. Reduce the range and decrease the amount of time you can hold the charge by quite some time. Make it HARD to use.

Range needs to go down, strength is fine IMO.

Nope. You should never spawn with a weapon thats a one shot kill at any range.

Bring it down to mauler strength. The charge shot will take down shields and then you can melee for the kill.

They would never limit a gun's damage ability to where it would only take shields away.

Nope. You should never spawn with a weapon thats a one shot kill at any range.

Bring it down to mauler strength. The charge shot will take down shields and then you can melee for the kill.

Isn't it kind of like a poor man's Plasma Pistol, then?

I will say it seems dumb whenever I try and Scattershot someone and they kill me with the Boltshot.

Didn't Microsoft have to same problem with the season pass in Gears of War 3? Something about people who bought the season pass were tricked into paying for the first set of content twice because nobody actually told them how the season pass worked?

U2NUMB

If you can not download yet RESTART YOUR XBOX... not just the game. Fired it back up and it comes up with the map pack right away. Downloading right now.

exYle

I will say it seems dumb whenever I try and Scattershot someone and they kill me with the Boltshot.

I think if they nerf it's distance range but buff it's lateral range, and then make it a shield-stripper only, we've got a decent weapon on our hands. This way it's less punishing for the attacker if you miss a point-blank shot because the defender did a quick side step, but it still gives the defender a fighting chance both before being approached by the attacker and after the attacker discharged his Boltshot.

Yep, I can confirm the Crimson Map Pack is now up. I turned on my Xbox, started up Halo, and the XBOX Live Marketplace link at the bottom of the main menu had a star next to it. Once I clicked it the Crimson Map Pack was ready to be added to my queue. It is 528.48 MB.

Tawpgun

They would never limit a gun's damage ability to where it would only take shields away.

No, its still pretty damn powerful. If they can up its single shot fire then that would be cool.

Both plasma pistol and boltshot can kill with a shot + melee. Plasma pistol has EMP ability. Boltshot has headshot capability.

David Ellis himself, said ON GAF, that 343 defines a POWER WEAPON as something that can kill you in one shot.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................

Yes I think the plasma pistol would be more versatile in that situation, but I honestly don't care. Having something that can kill in one shot as a loadout weapon is absurd.

Hell I don't even like the fact that you can spawn with plasmas and plasma pistols now. But this is 343's Halo so fuck it. The only good thing to come out of the loadout system is I never have to start with a goddamn AR ever again.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
so crimson map people. what gametypes are there all in the DLC playlist?
From the weekly bulletin:

• Infinity Slayer – Shatter
• Capture the Flag – Shatter
• Extraction – Shatter
• King of the Hill – Shatter
• Infinity Slayer – Wreckage
• Capture the Flag – Wreckage
• King of the Hill – Wreckage
• Oddball – Wreckage
• Infinity Slayer – Harvest
• Capture the Flag – Harvest
• King of the Hill – Harvest

From the weekly bulletin:

• Infinity Slayer – Shatter
• Capture the Flag – Shatter
• Extraction – Shatter
• King of the Hill – Shatter
• Infinity Slayer – Wreckage
• Capture the Flag – Wreckage
• King of the Hill – Wreckage
• Oddball – Wreckage
• Infinity Slayer – Harvest
• Capture the Flag – Harvest
• King of the Hill – Harvest

No Team Slayer?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The maps are apparently free right now due to an error, so go go go
Haha, wow. Well, they fixed the issue alright — fixed it for everyone. I kind of feel like a 3DS "Ambassador" again.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just played KoTH on Wreckage. Was pretty fun. Framerate seemed to hold up which was kind of shocking.

Didn't need to do anything special to get the maps either. Just went to the Marketplace in game and downloaded them. LE user here btw.

Games have been laggy though. Nothing too bad but people are eating shots and skipping around here and there. So yea, I guess it's kinda bad lol

Top Bottom