• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Just played KoTH on Wreckage. Was pretty fun. Framerate seemed to hold up which was kind of shocking.

Didn't need to do anything special to get the maps either. Just went to the Marketplace in game and downloaded them. LE user here btw.

Games have been laggy though. Nothing too bad but people are eating shots and skipping around here and there. So yea, I guess it's kinda bad lol

Are you on stream? Lemme watch new maps plz.

Louis Wu

okay, wtf

okay...what.jpg

I got this on Shatter, while I was inside of a building. Does Shatter even HAVE a mancannon?

And why isn't it showing up as unlocked on Waypoint?

Raide

Downloaded maps...Damn CA you made some brown-ass maps!

Harvest looks pretty cool, as does Wreckage. Shatter looks boring and mindless. Perfect for getting zerged as you spawn.

Also, they are rubbish for Forging, as expected.

Any streams up of the new maps? Would be interesting to see them in play to see if my mind gets changed. :D

exYle

okay, wtf

okay...what.jpg

I got this on Shatter, while I was inside of a building. Does Shatter even HAVE a mancannon?

You know, these Mancannon achievements sound difficult anyways so I'm glad they're glitched

Dreaver

All right, I played all maps at least once. First impressions: extremely disappointed. If I recall it right, 343 said something in the lines of "one small map", "one medium-sized map" and one "big map" at the map descriptions right?

Well all the maps are fucking huge. They're way too big for infinity slayer (except Wreckage maybe, but I'd still call it too big). What the is 343 thinking? WE NEED SMALL MAPS! I certainly did not expect any Haven-sized maps but I also did not expect this.

I already hate Shatter, Harvest is ok-to-fun and Wreckage is ok, but I want SMALLER maps. The design of all the maps is pretty bland and boring in my opinion.

E: Sorry for my semi-rage but I am just extremely disappointed.

I like how the Waypoint descriptions don't have the "In Crimson DLC matchmaking" part.

I had such high hopes after seeing the on-disc multiplayer achievements, but I guess it's a Halo tradition now.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Jacked a Warthog, got ODST Achievement. Nice!

Just played some Slayer Harvest. Looks like the spawns are 1 sided on that map which is very nice. Nice mix of vehicles too. Lots of room to drive them and lots of cover as well. Will have to play more on it though. 6v6 was nice.

Nori Chan

I guess the lifts count as a man cannon. Got odst without trying too lol

I guess you can back smack someone on koh when they have their back to the lift

equil

Yea the maps are definitely free right now if you used a specialization code that they sent out. You have to be ingame and click the marketplace thing on the main menu.

It's almost like those codes are working like the LE codes.

How is the boltshot not nerfed yet? It's more powerful than the scattershot and has a more effective kill range. I guess the big priorities like removing Assault and vehicle combat were more important than weapon balance pre-release.

Havok

Thanks - will the new maps show up in the regular Infinity Big Team Slayer playlist or only in the "Crimson DLC Playlist"???
From last week's Bulletin:

The following Crimson maps will be added into these existing playlists:
• Infinity Slayer – Harvest
• Big Team Infinity Slayer – Wreckage and Shatter
• Dominion – Shatter
• Capture the Flag – Harvest and Wreckage
• SWAT – Harvest
• Team Slayer Pro – Harvest

So yeah, you'll be able to play them in the normal playlists, provided the system does a good job of matching you with other DLC owners.

okay, wtf

okay...what.jpg

Just like giving away the maps for free, 343 is now giving away free achievements!? I want my money back!1

:lol

That is weird though, things seem to be a bit buggy.

Yea the maps are definitely free right now if you used a specialization code that they sent out. You have to be ingame and click the marketplace thing on the main menu.

It's almost like those codes are working like the LE codes.

Not true. I got a specialization code and they are not free for me.

EDIT: Nevermind, you are correct, sir. I went and redownloaded the specialization code from Account History, rebooted Halo 4, and BOOM, have these free maps.

It is 100% the specialization code that is breaking it. If you got it, go re-download it, boot up Halo 4, and enjoy your free maps.

3 out of 4 games I played were on that big map with the mantises. Can't say I care too much for it. Maybe that was just me being confused half the time but I can't say I enjoyed it. [edit: that's Shatter]
I also played on a map with a warthog were one of my teammates proceeded to kill me because I took the passenger seat. I somehow unlocked the ODST chievo at a point for no apparent reason (kill from the grave). [that's Harvest]

I guess I'll wait a few weeks for everyone to have their achievements before playing them again.

I've only played Shatter and Harvest so far. Shatter almost feels too big for 6v6 but I only played one match on it so I'm not sure. CTF on Harvest is shitloads of fun though.

moai

so many friends have been getting the map pack for free, any word on an error from 343 or Ms?

edit: just read the previous page :)

so many friends have been getting the map pack for free, any word on an error from 343 or Ms?

Nope. I feel for them, this whole thing has been a bit of a mess. Also, I do imagine more than a few people will be ticked that they had to pay when so many got them for free..

Havok

Nope. I feel for them, this whole thing has been a bit of a mess. Also, I do imagine more than a few people will be ticked that they had to pay when so many got them for free..
A little, yeah. I had the points already, so it's not like I spent any additional money when I dropped the 800 points on 'em early this morning, but in an ideal world I'd lobby for a refund since others are getting it for free.

I guess it was probably worth it to give early impressions for folks this morning. That's always fun.

A little, yeah. I had the points already, so it's not like I spent any additional money when I dropped the 800 points on 'em early this morning, but in an ideal world I'd lobby for a refund since others are getting it for free.

I guess it was probably worth it to give early impressions for folks this morning. That's always fun.

Yeah, I mean I have the season pass, but I would be fine if they refunded the people who bought it before it glitched out for free and then only had people pay who buy em after this whole ordeal is fixed. Its not perfect for LE/Season Pass people, but they need to figure things out and really make an effort to reach out the the community. This sucks for them, and I definitely feel like it must suck over at 343 right now dealing with all this. I just hope 343 really learns from all this, and not just the glitches in downloading the maps, but the user feedback on what type of maps people want and make an effort to cater towards that in the future with more than Forge.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can download the maps for free ... but can I do it ? >.>
I don't see how you can be held accountable for a fuck up on their end. I say do it. The worst that can happen IMO is them removing your license to the DLC, which I don't see happening.

I can download the maps for free ... but can I do it ? >.>

They can't legally do anything to you. The worst they could do is revoke the DLC licenses for anyone that downloaded them free, but they won't risk the potential backlash. I downloaded Fable II from Games On Demand a few years ago while it was glitched out and free. I still have it on my HDD and it still works. Nothing ever happened to me either.

JB1981

I like Extraction, just don't like these maps. They're too big. It takes too long to get anywhere. You are out constantly out in the open and susceptible to DMR pinging. Visually they are drab and bland looking, no personality whatsoever. I'd rather play well-designed Forge maps than play brown shit. Reach had better maps.

I like Extraction, just don't like these maps. They're too big. It takes too long to get anywhere. You are out constantly out in the open and susceptible to DMR pinging. Visually they are drab and bland looking, no personality whatsoever. I'd rather play well-designed Forge maps than play brown shit. Reach had better maps.

:lol

It's not working for a friend of mine - he got the glitched Map Pack. It's saying "unable to validate - please make sure you are connected to Xbox live and have the War Games pass downloaded" and then he gets a "required content missing" error on the Crimson DLC.

WOOOOOW, i would not want to be in the shoes of the person that f'ed this up. Giving these maps away for free is going to cost them thousands and thousands of dollars i would suspect...

Top Bottom