• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Maybe they should rename this to the "Bonus Map Pack" or something and make it free for all, and then add a new map pack to the season pass at this rate.

I was just thinking the same thing. It would help with the small amount of maps in playlists and they've already fucked up pretty big thus far.

Mesharey

The maps are big, they are not good for infinity slayer.
Wreckage and Harvest are "fine" at best, I think Harvest has shotgun which is nice.
Shatter is huge for infinity slayer.

It's not working for a friend of mine - he got the glitched Map Pack. It's saying "unable to validate - please make sure you are connected to Xbox live and have the War Games pass downloaded" and then he gets a "required content missing" error on the Crimson DLC.

No one else is getting this error?

Had a guy rushing me with an AR on Shatter and the only thing I could do was throw a sticky. It blew up after he killed me and I got the ODST achievement, not sure why but I'll take it haha.

Crazyorloco

Well now I really regret buying that season pass now.

Me too. I would've saved some money.

Anyone having grenades not exploding on Harvest? I had a game where none of my or my team mates grenades exploded. And damn this is not a small map. Visually it reminds me of some level you'll find in Halo Reach. I think it's all the boxy surroundings.

Shatter is gorgeous looking. I like the active volcano on it. In this map I found myself walking around looking at how nice the rocks look. I had some extraction games on it, it was fun.

Haven't played wreckage yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

I need to play the maps more to see if I like/dislike them, but so far I enjoy them.

Sanic

Just did it, so it's still working.

Code was in my spam folder and did not have a descriptive subject line, so I missed it initially.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Had a guy rushing me with an AR on Shatter and the only thing I could do was throw a sticky. It blew up after he killed me and I got the ODST achievement, not sure why but I'll take it haha.

i think the exact same thing happened to me.

Crazyorloco

Maybe they should rename this to the "Bonus Map Pack" or something and make it free for all, and then add a new map pack to the season pass at this rate.

I would be happy with this. I feel like my map pass purchase was a waste. I bought it thinking I would save money. throw us a bone 343. This is my first time buying a season pass. And what do we have here all day free crimson maps...damn.

First impressions crosspost-

Shatter: Played it twice, once on CTF once on Extraction. I really could not get a feel for the layout of the map, there were many paths that felt like they didn't go where you expected to and it was hard to navigate. The bases felt very slapped together and the encounters weren't that fun. As of now, Im leaning towards meh on that one, it just feels like it was thrown together.. Maybe as I get to know it more I will enjoy it, but comparing it to something big like Vortex it just didn't click like that map did. Artistically it basically looks like Vortex with some cool crystals here and there, but its kinda blah.. especially the shitty skybox.

Harvest: Its ok I guess. Base design was boring but serviceable, it kinda reminded me of a Halo Reach forge map or something. The encounters were alright at best, I think the most fun I had on it was hitting the Warthog jump rocks..those things give some air. Bland as hell artistically, but it does have a purtty skybox that is admitably lower res than ideal, but not nearly as bad as Shatter.

Wreckage: I played it both on CTF and KOTH, and had a blast both times. This map really reminds me of a larger, spiritual successor to Burial Mounds... I mean, its a ton different, but there are some things that call back to it. I love the sight-lines, encounters and map control points. I would say this map is one of the better maps in Halo 4, and it fills a unique space unlike the other DLC maps. Visually it may look bad in screens and videos, but it actually doesn't look so bad in person, in fact it looks a like a living wasteland and I really like that.. the wreckage sights could have used a bit more color and flair, but otherwise this map is definitely not a visual eyesore like the others. I can't wait to play this map some more.

---

So far this map pack is a letdown, but Wreckage is blast to play on so I don't regret it.. the other maps are OK at best, and I really hope its the last time we see maps that boring for DLC.

I would be happy with this. I feel like my map pass purchase was a waste. I bought it thinking I would save money. throw us a bone 343. This is my first time buying a season pass. And what do we have here all day free crimson maps...damn.

Agreed, I really hope they not only acknowledge this, but make steps to right things from here on out. Halo 4 has been a bit of a clusterfuck when it comes to PR, etc, and while I am a fan of the game I also think 343 has a lot to do.

I really like Harvest and Wreckage. CTF on both is so much fun! Both times I played Harvest though there were Warthogs spawning on Warthogs. There were 4 per team!

exYle

So to sum up.

For LE owners not only did they let everyone have "early" access to the other 6 specializations but gave the first map pack away for free.

Great.

What are you talking about? LE owners had a monopoly on all 8 specializations for the first month.

Shatter is pretty damn big. 5 main thoroughfares from base to base, with plenty of nooks and crannies and vertical hotspots to go around. Its going to take some time to get a real feel for this one.

Wreckage I only got to play once - king of the hill. It was a very close quarters match up throughout, and I expect thats how it will shake out with more play.

Harvest played out a lot differently in actuality than I would have believed from strolling through the map. Every area feels exposed, which can be a good thing. You can expect to get attacked from all avenues. Need more time though.

All in all I like the maps. Extraction was also fun for the little time I had to play it, as it seems to reward all playstyles but keeps the action moving. It *needs* its own playlist. Is it only in Crimson? If so...

One other question: Are Crimson maps integrated into matchmaking or just sectioned off into the Crimson playlist? I'm mostly into infinity & big team slayer - what are the chances I'll see these maps in those playlists?

Me this morning while talking to my friends: "I honestly don't think I would get the maps even if they were free."

Come home and see the maps are free.

Welp

Are they still glitched for free then? They really should refund people who bought the maps before this.. its not like they were only posted for free for an hour or something.

But yeah, I still am leaning towards not liking Shatter and Harvest, but liking Wreckage a lot.

Shatter is pretty damn big. 5 main thoroughfares from base to base, with plenty of nooks and crannies and vertical hotspots to go around. Its going to take some time to get a real feel for this one.

Wreckage I only got to play once - king of the hill. It was a very close quarters match up throughout, and I expect thats how it will shake out with more play.

Harvest played out a lot differently in actuality than I would have believed from strolling through the map. Every area feels exposed, which can be a good thing. You can expect to get attacked from all avenues. Need more time though.

All in all I like the maps. Extraction was also fun for the little time I had to play it, as it seems to reward all playstyles but keeps the action moving. It *needs* its own playlist. Is it only in Crimson? If so...

One other question: Are Crimson maps integrated into matchmaking or just sectioned off into the Crimson playlist? I'm mostly into infinity & big team slayer - what are the chances I'll see these maps in those playlists?

I played Harvest in the Infinity Slayer playlist

Are they still glitched for free then? They really should refund people who bought the maps before this.. its not like they were only posted for free for an hour or something.

But yeah, I still am leaning towards not liking Shatter and Harvest, but liking Wreckage a lot.
Yeah free as of five minutes ago

This game needs to be 60fps. Its so annoying trying to aim when sometimes its running normal and sometimes its dipping. How do you know how much to push to aim when its so incosistent?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I got the ODST cheeve randomly by going through a portal then sticking and killing their mantis, heh. Enjoying all the maps so far.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Probably giving it out for free because no one is playing the MP...ho ho ho

But seriously. I guess this is karma on me for selling my specialization code on ebay. LOL

FyreWulff

I guess no one at 343 or MS gives a shit anymore, they have just given up.

If it's a title update level issue it's going to be at least two weeks of cert. I don't remember how fast emergency TUs can go since I've never been part of one.

Unfortunately stuff like map passes are all set up way in advance so it's probably not as easy as just removing the map pack offer and then putting a new one up.

Top Bottom