• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Rev3rb

TBH, haven't tested it with 4 players. With 2 players it is absolutely unplayable, no matter where you and your friend look. Even in empty version of the map in Forge with just the two of you.
But i haven't seen maps performing better with 4 players compared to 2 so i doubt it is any better.

It is pretty clear 343i didn't bother testing the game in splitscreen, the game is plagued by frame rate issues in splitscreen mode, with many stock maps being unplayable IMO (Complex, not counting how shitty it is anyway is the worst).

Oh God, this.

How I got the warthog air achievement, is I got into the passenger seat of the enemy Warthog. Alot of the times, they will hop out, but some people just keep on going with me in the side, then as soon as they were about to go off a rock, I punched them twice, and killed them.

Haha that's awesome

Woorloog

Banned
Oh God, this.

The map is clearly designed as Spartan Ops map (considering how important location it is in SpOps), the design is completly borked for MP... and the map has so bad frame rate issues. If either player looks at the middle, say bye bye to accurate shooting.

Others: Vortex, Meltdown, Longbow, pretty bad issues if facing certain directions.
Valhalla (uh, Ragnarok) rarely if many people in the view as well. Exile has some issues at times as well.
Adrift, Haven work fine. So does Abandon, i think. Solace too.

Of DLC, Wreckage and Harvest seemed fine but haven't tested in MM.

Of course since i'm a BTB player (we play occasionally SWAT and CTF with my friend(s) but primarily BTB and some Dominion) it sucks how at least 6 out of 7 BTB maps (not having played Harvest in MM) have frame rate issues. Though only 4 out of 7 have serious issues (Exile, Ragnarok are mostly fine).

Rev3rb

The map is clearly designed as Spartan Ops map (considering how important location it is in SpOps), the design is completly borked for MP... and the map has so bad frame rate issues. If either player looks at the middle, say bye bye to accurate shooting.

Others: Vortex, Meltdown, Longbow, pretty bad issues if facing certain directions.
Valhalla (uh, Ragnarok) rarely if many people in the view as well. Exile has some issues at times as well.
Adrift, Haven work fine. So does Abandon, i think. Solace too.

Of DLC, Wreckage and Harvest seemed fine but haven't tested in MM.

Of course since i'm a BTB player (we play occasionally SWAT and CTF with my friend(s) but primarily BTB and some Dominion) it sucks how at least 6 out of 7 BTB maps (not having played Harvest in MM) have frame rate issues. Though only 4 out of 7 have serious issues (Exile, Ragnarok are mostly fine).

Yep, if we ever play infinity slayer, it has to be one of these. Sadly, people have some sort of obsession with Complex. If Haven isn't an available choice to deter the vote, we normally get fucked.

I just attempted a new idea for the warthog achievement. I got an enemy on my hog then drove off harvest. Would probably work if I didn't die first since it counted as a kill from the grave.

UPDATE: Yes! I tried my drive the enemy off a cliff enough times that someone else on their team tried. but then I used Nowsie10's technique and when he drove off the edge of harvest I assassinated him hahaha. So satisfying.

Woorloog

Banned
Yep, if we ever play infinity slayer, it has to be one of these. Sadly, people have some sort of obsession with Complex. If Haven isn't an available choice to deter the vote, we normally get fucked.

Oh, yeah. At least that map ain't in CTF. Haven't seen it there anyway. But who the fuckhead decided to put Abandon in 2 flag CTF? Fuck you whoever you're.

343i's claim that unsuitable map/mode combos wouldn't appear was a fucking big lie. Other lies as well... in retrospect.
The way many things are handled convinced me to avoid Halo series until Halo 6 (and only until it has had a price drop (and due to this, i won't be most likely getting NextBox until that either). I do like Halo 4, mostly, it has a great many things i wanted from Halo for a long time but some things just piss me off so much. (The better the game, the more i'm annoying by small things).

EDIT and of course, the game is unplayable when alone. In MP that is. So fucking stupid teammates. The last time i had decent randoms with me... i think that was during Halo 3. Pre-ODST. I thought people in Reach were bad. Halo 4 has even worse. I'm convinced it is due to TrueSkill sucking. So i have to play the game with a friend in splitscreen to have a reliable backup. And we end up being the carrying force of our team nearly always.
And those fucking frame rate issues in Splitscreen. Fuck.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is Wreckage another Crimson DLC map? If so, these 2/3 of these maps are terrible.

I shouldn't be in a full BTB game on a map thinking to myself "Where the fuck is everyone?"

malfcn

Christ, rockets chain and a stomp won't kill a single spartan. When this game fails..LOL, the game spawned me under the same enemy warthog twice.

GamerSoul

Christ, rockets chain and a stomp won't kill a single spartan. When this game fails..LOL, the game spawned me under the same enemy warthog twice.

Hah, something like that happened to me today too. I got ran over by a ghost, spawned right along his path, and got ran over by the same ghost. lol. <3 BTB.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
What's weird to me is that no one is talking about how good the magnum is. All this nerf the boltshot thing yet no one is talking about a secondary mini assault rifle.

Omni

How to get That Warthog achievement (somewhat) easier. Just throw a plasma grenade into the lifts on shatter, they'll bounce up and down forever until it sticks someone coming up.

Somehow, that unlocks the achievement, it worked for me. You also get an airsassination medal too, I have no idea how or why this works.

Can't watch video at the moment, but you just throw a sticky on the lifts and when it kills someone you get the Warthog achievement?

Omni

Really? Its pretty effective for me.

Being accurate and its rate of fire compensate for the clip size. I think its pretty beastly.

Yah. I don't use it as a secondary
Boltshot 4 lyf
but in CTF the flag guy is a lot more capable than he looks. The amount of times I've killed someone with the magnum because they simply charged at me is ridiculous

Striker

Being accurate and its rate of fire compensate for the clip size. I think its pretty beastly.
I find it effective because it's reliable in getting headshots for when the person is no shields or I'm in a hurry and my weapon is needs reloading. I'm not participating in that Boltshot BS. Part of the reason I don't play much as it is.

For secondary weapons, the Magnum is the least offensive by far.

CyReN

Is this Halo 4 1 hour quit ban stuff for real? For fuck sakes if you are going to copy CoD at least do it like them and keep down to something that people don't switch games.

Plain Ben

Can't watch video at the moment, but you just throw a sticky on the lifts and when it kills someone you get the Warthog achievement?
Yeah, just lob a sticky in at the right angle so it stays in the lift and just hope.

Doesn't seem to work 100% of the time, my friend tried it and got it on the second time. He also didn't get an Airssassination medal for it the first time, so that might have something to do with it. Still it's gotta be easier that driving around the Harvest ramps right?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Boltshot 4 lyf
but in CTF the flag guy is a lot more capable than he looks. The amount of times I've killed someone with the magnum because they simply charged at me is ridiculous

that magnum, the one with the flag, is beefed up over the normal mag.

op_ivy

Slayer pro right now has a whopping population of 425. Brutal.

i wonder if a playlist that was focused more on classic halo BUT still kept radar would be able to keep a good population. ie, is lack of radar what really hurts these "pro" hoppers?

CyReN

i wonder if a playlist that was focused more on classic halo BUT still kept radar would be able to keep a good population. ie, is lack of radar what really hurts these "pro" hoppers?

It's just boring as shit and I love stripped down Halo, 343 isn't competitive and tried to be.

I know most people hate radar in competitive modes but I'd definitely play the playlist more if it was included.

op_ivy

I know most people hate radar in competitive modes but I'd definitely play the playlist more if it was included.

the idea would be to try and find a common ground. a playlist that would have an active population AND satisfy an itch currently lacking for a lot of halo fans.

imagine a "classic" playlist without personal ordnance and AAs, but with sprint and radar. default loadouts only featuring AR + mag or BR + mag. i'd certainly play the shit out of that - even if its not exactly my ideal settings, it'd be better then whats out there.

For me, slayer pro was as perfect as Halo 4 slayer gets without a patch.
I'd prefer CTF Pro, but I'll take what I can get.
Dunno why people want radar, the game is seriously a lot better without.
I'll take slayer pro with radar over the other modes any day though.

Flag waypoint in 3, people don't complain

No waypoint in Reach, "HOLY SHIT BUNGIE THIS IS GONNA GET PATCHED RIGHT OH MY GOD THIS IS SO BROKEN"

Waypoint returns in 4, "THIS COMPLETELY RUINS STRATEGY 343 COME ON FIX YOUR SHIT"

What the fuck GAF?

Flag waypoint in 3, people don't complain

No waypoint in Reach, "HOLY SHIT BUNGIE THIS IS GONNA GET PATCHED RIGHT OH MY GOD THIS IS SO BROKEN"

Waypoint returns in 4, "THIS COMPLETELY RUINS STRATEGY 343 COME ON FIX YOUR SHIT"

What the fuck GAF?

I'm sorry, but this post doesn't make any sense. There was no waypoint put on the flag carrier in Halo 3.

Striker

And nobody wanted the waypoint in Halo Reach's. They were upset they had no "Flag Away" popup initially, but I did not see people constantly saying "Get a waypoint ASAP! Ahh!"

I could have sworn carriers had a waypoint, even if it wasn't as blunt as the KILL one. Maybe I'm thinking of a flag away indicator or something?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Who knows. Im pretty sure that they'll do something to slayer pro. Doesnt make much sense to have a playlist that doesnt even have 2 thousand players.

exYle

Boltshot 4 lyf

The Flagnum is more powerful than a regular Magnum. It's a 5sk, which makes it just as strong as the DMR.

aFIGurANT

the idea would be to try and find a common ground. a playlist that would have an active population AND satisfy an itch currently lacking for a lot of halo fans.

imagine a "classic" playlist without personal ordnance and AAs, but with sprint and radar. default loadouts only featuring AR + mag or BR + mag. i'd certainly play the shit out of that - even if its not exactly my ideal settings, it'd be better then whats out there.

LOL this is the exact thing I suggested the week of launch and everyone in this thread had a good time posting areyouevenserious.gifs and whatnot. I totally think that you're right though - make a playlist that is basically Slayer from H2 through Reach, with sprint set to have a shorter duration and a longer cooldown, make the radar smaller again and then make the maps the best you can via set weapon spawns. And by weapon spawns I mean the halo core like sniper, rockets, sword, shotty, and then midrange scattered all over.

You'll have a more popular marquee for people who are sick of halo 4 if you did this because the hardcore fanbase all owns the game already; most of them just need a good reason to hop on again.

Had such an awesome match of SWAT last game. We were down big time had one idiot who had zero kills and kept running in. Then he bailed and we turned the game around. It was 590 to 560 the other team and I got an overkill to win it. Fuck yeah, love moments like that.

I'd play that probably more than any other playlist if it was available. I've kinda gotten used to AAs but I'd still hugely prefer playing without them.

Top Bottom